PDA

View Full Version : Poz signs with Jags

Pages : [1] 2

BillsWin
07-26-2011, 06:41 PM
Per espn.

mrbojanglezs
07-26-2011, 06:47 PM
who cares, poz says he wants to stay nix says he wants to sign him, mutual interest, so the deal will get done

all this interest from other teams is gonna do is drive up his price, but with all the money to be spent that is probably inevitable

Philagape
07-26-2011, 06:52 PM
who cares, poz says he wants to stay nix says he wants to sign him, mutual interest, so the deal will get done

Cuz that's what always happens!

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 07:05 PM
If its over 7 mill per let him go then...

elltrain22
07-26-2011, 07:18 PM
If its over 7 mill per let him go then...

Agree w/ you 110%!!

wmoz11
07-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Glazer says he's going to sign with Jags.

RT @SuperEARLII (http://twitter.com/SuperEARLII): @AdamSchefter (http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter) @alexmarvez (http://twitter.com/alexmarvez) @blekas (http://twitter.com/blekas) @CoachBillick (http://twitter.com/CoachBillick) @Jay_Glazer (http://twitter.com/Jay_Glazer) Whats the interest out there for poslusny?>He'll sign w Jags

mrbojanglezs
07-26-2011, 07:44 PM
ya i was just about to post that.... http://twitter.com/#!/Jay_Glazer/status/96016045315325952

thats pretty surprising for him to jump ship that quick, guess i was wrong lol

Demon
07-26-2011, 07:47 PM
There goes Nix's strategy of keeping our own guys...

B-DON
07-26-2011, 07:50 PM
That's fine with me. Let him get injured on someone else's time and money. Plenty of capable replacements out there that will cost less and more than likely be just as productive. Honestly, this guy is not a game changer, never causes turnovers or gets sacks. Plenty of guys in this league can just tackle which is all the poz does

methos4ever
07-26-2011, 07:53 PM
It's funny to see Posluszny and the hand-wringing compared to the "see you later" attitude that permeated Fletcher's departure. I can remember 3 or 4 Fletch plays that were outstanding each season he played here - not so with Pos so far in his career.

Philagape
07-26-2011, 07:53 PM

Yeah, if they lose Poz, they have no choice but to go on a shopping spree

NOT THE DUDE...
07-26-2011, 07:54 PM
brandon siler is better

mrbojanglezs
07-26-2011, 07:55 PM
brandon siler is better

i won't hold my breath until we actually sign someone "better"

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Just happen to come up on this...
They are saying Poz will sign with Jags????
Interesting...

Jay_Glazer Jay Glazer
RT @SuperEARLII: @AdamSchefter @alexmarvez @blekas @CoachBillick @Jay_Glazer Whats the interest out there for poslusny?>He'll sign w Jags

NOT THE DUDE...
07-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Brandon siler!!!!!!!!!!

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Jay_Glazer Jay Glazer
RT @SuperEARLII: @AdamSchefter @alexmarvez @blekas @CoachBillick @Jay_Glazer Whats the interest out there for poslusny?>He'll sign w Jags

Being reported right now on Twitter...

T-Long
07-26-2011, 07:58 PM
That would suck. His contract better be astronomical for me to be OK with this.

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 07:59 PM
That would suck. His contract better be astronomical for me to be OK with this.

Agreed Terry.
If so the Bills better be busy on the phones soon.
he is going to get paid way more then his worth IMO...

B-DON

Poz was never a Nix guy tho. Were still weeding out the bad seeds and over paid under achievers that were left over from the last regime.

DesertFox24
That sucks.

I guess we get to see Sheppard a lot sooner than I expected.

I wonder what he signed for, because if it is less than 5 million a year I am going to lose it.

We have all this money to spend and we are not going to spend it to keep our guys.

Nix did a nice job last year and Whitner and Poz where not his players so I am going to sit back before I lose it and see what happens.

wmoz11
07-26-2011, 08:01 PM
brandon siler is better

What do you like about Brandon Siler, exactly?

Demon
07-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Poz was never a Nix guy tho. Were still weeding out the bad seeds and over paid under achievers that were left over from the last regime.

Right. Keep believing that.

justasportsfan
07-26-2011, 08:08 PM
if Glazer is right , that could only mean one thing. They were willing to overpay and the bills weren't and I'm fine with that

mrbojanglezs
07-26-2011, 08:08 PM
here is a golden opp to get a LB fit for the 3-4 don't mess it up OBD get on the phones now

X-Era
07-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Two step process for our supposed recipe for success.

1) Build through the draft
2) Resign your own

If Poz leaves, we need and equal or better replacement or we are worse... just that simple.

justasportsfan
07-26-2011, 08:10 PM
brandon siler is better
how is he better? :idunno:

X-Era
07-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Yeah, if they lose Poz, they have no choice but to go on a shopping spreeYOu would think that a 4 and 12 team has no choice already. It appears that resigning your own may be another thing you tell your fans only to do something different... or less.

Personally I think Glazer is full of crap and that Poz will give the Bills their opportunity.

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 08:11 PM
What do you like about Brandon Siler, exactly?

Thumper type player.
Fast, Great run stuffer, was pushed back on teh chart because of the higher ups in the organization......25 years old still hasn't hit his prime.......
Oh yea and he doesnt get hurt every other play...........
Think he would be a great fit in Buffalo......
Oh yea and he is a Florida Gator..........

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 08:14 PM
here is a golden opp to get a LB fit for the 3-4 don't mess it up OBD get on the phones now

Big problem is if this is 100% true we could possibly lose are 2 Vet leaders of the Defense in Whitner, and Poz.....

I guess its time for a change because are defense has SUCKED BIG B%%%%..

X-Era
07-26-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm trying to stay calm.

Subtraction only works if you add something of higher value.

CAbills
07-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Two vet leaders and two players where their position is to stop the run, yet we were 31st in the league last year.

BLeonard
07-26-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm trying to stay calm.

Subtraction only works if you add something of higher value.

Didn't they just sign an UDFA LB??

Yeah, I can see them trying to pass that off as an upgrade...

-Bill

scartown
07-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Hopefully they give Stephen Tulloch a call.

wmoz11
07-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Thumper type player.
Fast, Great run stuffer, was pushed back on teh chart because of the higher ups in the organization......25 years old still hasn't hit his prime.......
Oh yea and he doesnt get hurt every other play...........
Think he would be a great fit in Buffalo......
Oh yea and he is a Florida Gator..........

He's not really fast at all. He's actually pretty limited athletically. Whether he's a run-stopper or not who knows? He hasn't played enough.

We better do A LOT better than Siler if we lose Poz.

X-Era
07-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Didn't they just sign an UDFA LB??

Yeah, I can see them trying to pass that off as an upgrade...

-BillStarting rookies because you have no other choice is never a good thing. Throw Shepp into that mix as well. If true, and that is a very big if, the weakest position on the team just got even weaker... Oh did I mention we are real bad against the run?

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 08:27 PM
He's not really fast at all. He's actually pretty limited athletically. Whether he's a run-stopper or not who knows? He hasn't played enough.

We better do A LOT better than Siler if we lose Poz.

ok then
Only saw his whole college career.
Didn't know he was slow or limited in athletic ability....
But you most know something I don't....

alohabillsfan
I happy, cut bait with over hyped players and get some playmakers in there! I am willing to give a rookie a chance than remain with staus quo.

X-Era
Hopefully they give Stephen Tulloch a call.They better be calling someone. I was banking on Shepp to push Davis to the bench. I was hoping to possibly add a ILB along with Poz.

X-Era
07-26-2011, 08:30 PM
I happy, cut bait with over hyped players and get some playmakers in there! I am willing to give a rookie a chance than remain with staus quo.You must have missed the way Nix operates and continues to say he will operate.

Now that resigning your own is possibly a farse, were left with building through the draft... but only temporarily... for about 4 years when you will choose not to pay the 5th year, and then you apparently re-build again.

BLeonard
07-26-2011, 08:31 PM
Starting rookies because you have no other choice is never a good thing. Throw Shepp into that mix as well. If true, and that is a very big if, the weakest position on the team just got even weaker... Oh did I mention we are real bad against the run?

I agree... Especially when Nix huffs his chest out and says Poz is a priority then continues the mantra of "re-signing our own FA's"... Now, Poz might be gone on day damn one...?

I'm not saying Poz was a world beater, but Jesus... he was probably the best LB we have... or had...

-Bill

Mr. Pink
07-26-2011, 08:31 PM
Wouldn't upset me if he left, to be honest. We need to purge the roster and get better not keep rewarding average players with a high motor.

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 08:32 PM
You must have missed the way Nix operates and continues to say he will operate.

Now that resigning your own is possibly a farse, were left with building through the draft... but only temporarily... for about 4 years when you will choose not to pay the 5th year, and then you apparently re-build again.

Lets wait and see what happens....
Jags are probably going to pay a stupid contract.
You gotta remember in Jax, Del Rio is all in for his job.
The team is doing whatever it can to sell tickets..

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 08:34 PM
I agree... Especially when Nix huffs his chest out and says Poz is a priority then continues the mantra of "re-signing "our own FA's"... Now, Poz might be gone on day damn one...?

I'm not saying Poz was a world beater, but Jesus... he was probably the best LB we have... or had...

-Bill

Bill let me ask you would you pay POZ 7 mill plus per season????
I damn sure WOULDN'T..........

Lets just say that what the deal may be worth.......

X-Era
I agree... Especially when Nix huffs his chest out and says Poz is a priority then continues the mantra of "re-signing "our own FA's"... Now, Poz might be gone on day damn one...?

-BillHe's a leader, and a good player, and blah, blah, blah, ohh and we will spend to resign our own.

Personally I take Nix for his word and I don't think this is over yet. I bet Nix hasn't even made his offer and he will do that on Friday before any deal can become official.

This could EASILY be his agent trying to jack his price up.

k-oneputt
If Del Rio is all in with Poz as his mlb he will be looking for work soon.

wmoz11
ok then
Only saw his whole college career.
Didn't know he was slow or limited in athletic ability....
But you most know something I don't....
You're just a big homer. No problem; I'm the same way with certain PSU guys.

Fact remains that he's not fast and isn't very athletic. Read scouting reports. I've seen him play too. There's a reason a guy with his size and production in the SEC was a late round draft pick.

Add to that the fact that he's never done anything at the pro level. I'd like to see Burnett if anyone from San Diego.

Mr. Pink
Already have Andra Davis. In a full season starting, Andra has shown he can put up basically the same numbers as Poz. Not that I'm not advocating an upgrade, because we certainly need one.

X-Era
07-26-2011, 08:36 PM

Lets just say that what the deal may be worth.......The Bills don't set the market price despite what they like to try to convince themselves.

I don't think this is done yet.

X-Era
07-26-2011, 08:37 PM
Lets wait and see what happens....
Jags are probably going to pay a stupid contract.
You gotta remember in Jax, Del Rio is all in for his job.
The team is doing whatever it can to sell tickets..OK. What are we doing to sell tickets?

Mr. Pink
07-26-2011, 08:39 PM
OK. What are we doing to sell tickets?

We're gonna go sign Randy Moss when no one else really wants him.

:rofl:

k-oneputt
07-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Good. Tell the Jags they can have Whitner and Maybin too. They will then have the trifecta of overrated high draft picks from the big -10.

Can the run defense really be any worse with Sheppard and Davis ???? They were already dead last.
If Poz gets 7 mil per then God bless him because he surely hasn't played to it.

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 08:42 PM

Great ??
I still buy them no matter who is on the team...

X-Era
If we end up doing nothing on Poz, end up signing virtually no one, this team will get hammered by the media. With revenue sharing, and the 99% rule, this team will get destroyed. Nix won't be able to address the media again without getting blasted. After all the times he's talked about resigning our own?

I wouldn't want to be that guy.

If Poz is gone, Nix better find a way to get a guy just as good or better just to save face.

BLeonard

Lets just say that what the deal may be worth.......

OK, so if Poz gets $7 mil... What's a guy that's BETTER going to want?

Or, are we just gonna settle for what comes slinking in the door, as long as their cheap... AGAIN?

Remind me again how many millions the Bills are UNDER the salary cap? The cap that Russ Brandon said Ralph is willing to spend "every dollar" of?

If Nix said "Poz is one of the priorities," and he walks on day ONE, what does that say about our "priorities?"

Maybe we can move Kelsay to LB and have him cover TE's, since apparently, he's the only guy worth paying for... Oh, wait...

-Bill

tampabay25690
I think it's pretty much a DONE deal.

Glazer has his name all over it POZ will be a Jag.......

Wow that was fast...
Can't wait to see the stupid contract he gets.....

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 08:43 PM
If we end up doing nothing on Poz, end up signing virtually no one, this team will get hammered by the media. With revenue sharing, and the 99% rule, this team will get destroyed. Nix won't be able to address the media again without getting blasted. After all the times he's talked about resigning our own?

If Poz is gone, Nix better find a way to get a guy just as good or better just to save face.

X prob is maybe POZ wanted to go to a 4-3 team????

X-Era
07-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Great ??
I still buy them no matter who is on the team...The Bills would have to make a face saving move. It would be similar to Cowart/Fletcher. After all the talking up he did of Poz and again fed us the line about resigning our own, we would have to make a serious move.

BLeonard
07-26-2011, 08:46 PM

What, the new uniforms and field aren't enough for you to think they'll be on the fast track to the playoffs?

:sarcasm2:

-Bill

mikemac2001
07-26-2011, 08:46 PM
maybe jags offered poz something he came back to bills

they lol and said cya later....

if poz gets 4-5.5 mill then he didn't want to come back

if its more maybe we didn't feel his value was worth it and could spend it in other places.

i like poz i met him and he was a cool guy, either way wish him the best but he was never a stud while he was here id say average bc of injuries

Mr. Pink
07-26-2011, 08:47 PM

We already have a guy who's proven to be just as good over the course of a full season. Andra Davis.

wmoz11
6-year deal with the Jags. Bills fought hard to keep him but wanted a 4-3.

Per LaCanfora.

****!!!

k-oneputt
The Bills would have to make a face saving move. It would be similar to Cowart/Fletcher. After all the talking up he did of Poz and again fed us the line about resigning our own, we would have to make a serious move.

What for ? He is just another in the long line of junk draft picks by the last regime. Average lbers shouldn't be getting 7 mil.

tampabay25690
The Bills would have to make a face saving move. It would be similar to Cowart/Fletcher. After all the talking up he did of Poz and again fed us the line about resigning our own, we would have to make a serious move.

I agree there is that $5 or $6 million per year we were talking about the other day.....
Not we have it to spend.....WHo will it be???

BLeonard
07-26-2011, 08:48 PM
maybe jags offered poz something he came back to bills

they lol and said cya later....

if poz gets 4-5.5 mill then he didn't want to come back

if its more maybe we didn't feel his value was worth it and could spend it in other places.

i like poz i met him and he was a cool guy, either way wish him the best but he was never a stud while he was here id say average bc of injuries

Again, if our "top priority" leaves for X amount of dollars, how much is it going to cost to pay a player that's BETTER to fill that hole?

-Bill

X-Era
http://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora/status/96033594329415680

LaCandouche**** reported it.

pissed right now.

wmoz11
How many threads on this do we need? ****!!!!

X-Era
07-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Again, if our "top priority" leaves for X amount of dollars, how much is it going to cost to pay a player that's BETTER to fill that hole?

-BillI dont give a **** because right now the answer better be X+whatever it takes.

subtraction by subtraction

alohabillsfan
07-26-2011, 08:49 PM
I really dont think Nix could give a crap about the "media". If he wanted Poz/Whitner he would have signed them or franchised one of them. This is all BS speech bthat people buy. "um, yes we want poz" translation, we want him at the right price. Apparently Poz seems to believe that FA will offer more and he is most likely right. Anything over 4 mil per is a waste of money, invest it elsewhere.

Blame Canada
07-26-2011, 08:50 PM
six year deal. he really wanted to be playing in a 4-3. never felt comfortable with the switch last season

Mr. Miyagi
07-26-2011, 08:51 PM
F***!!!!! I just got a stupid jersey!!! :madcloud:

k-oneputt

Per LaCanfora.

****!!!

He wasn't big enough nor stout enough for an inside 3-4 backer imo anyway.
He needs to be covered up by four Ted Washingtons

bf1
He's their problem now.

mikemac2001
NFL Network's Jason LaConfora reports the Jaguars have agreed to terms with MLB Paul Posluszny on a six-year contract.

X-Era
07-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Agreed Terry.
If so the Bills better be busy on the phones soon.
he is going to get paid way more then his worth IMO...If Nix does nothing I will be done with supporting him. I can deal with a vision I disagree with if you don;t sit up there and lie. Today's presser fed me with pro-Poz talk and more about resigning our own. Resigning our own is apparently another lie to try to get us lowly fans to keep buying tickets and buying into their bull****.

Mr. Pink
I dont give a **** because right now the answer better be X+whatever it takes.

subtraction by subtraction

How so?

Starting Poz plus Sheppard is no different than starting Davis plus Sheppard.

Heck, we might even *gasp* go out and upgrade the ILB position.

Mr. Miyagi
Wait, this can't happen yet. Nobody can sign FAs until Friday! WTF???

mikemac2001

-Bill

he didnt want to be here

soooooo

BillsFever21

The Bills are always rebuilding and that is why we have sucked for the past decade. We are always drafting players to replace ones we have already drafted who's contract is up or guys we have already drafted that were busts.

The good teams use the draft to try and improve their team with a better starter, depth, etc. The Bills use the draft to replace positions we already had filled or on another guy at a position we drafted a couple years back that didn't work out.

Either scenario is why we continue to suck and we never get any better. Until this team can start drafting real players AND spend the money to keep reliable players around and/or bring in reliable/impact players then we will continue to be a .500 team at best.

We may occasionally hit the jackpot on a few players and see some success but it will be short lived and won't be anything prolonged like in New England and teams like that because we either won't spend the money to keep the player around or won't continue to drafting into the future with reliable replacements that are already ready to play.

wmoz11
07-26-2011, 08:53 PM
As sad as it sounds, he was by far my favorite Bills player ever. Kinda sick to my stomach right now.

Hope we can somehow get an upgrade. We need to get to the salary-cap floor so hopefully we spend big money on someone worthy.

X-Era
I really dont think Nix could give a crap about the "media". If he wanted Poz/Whitner he would have signed them or franchised one of them. This is all BS speech bthat people buy. "um, yes we want poz" translation, we want him at the right price. Apparently Poz seems to believe that FA will offer more and he is most likely right. Anything over 4 mil per is a waste of money, invest it elsewhere.You still aren't getting Nix's plan... it's to not re-invest.

Meathead
Poz signs with Jags
:spam:

mikemac2001
gotta get rid of my whitner/spiller/poz jerseys atleast i can always wear my thurms/kelly/reed jerseys

X-Era
07-26-2011, 08:54 PM
How so?

Heck, we might even *gasp* go out and upgrade the ILB position.Poz+Shepp+Davis is better than Shepp+Davis+______

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 08:54 PM

Per LaCanfora.

****!!!

I knew it.........
I heard his interview on Sirius and he was not big on the 3-4 at all....

BLeonard
07-26-2011, 08:55 PM
How so?

Heck, we might even *gasp* go out and upgrade the ILB position.

Again, I ask, if we aren't willing to pay Poz, an average guy, you really think we'll pay more to upgrade?

I have my doubts on that.

-Bill

Bulldog

My guess is they have agreed in principle on the parameters of a contract and he will sign it on Friday. I'm not really all that upset. How many game changing plays did Poz really make over the years? Average at best.

Bert102176

that's what I thought also

Whysoserious?
the dude was garbage. peace breh

alohabillsfan
07-26-2011, 08:56 PM
X you should move here to Jacksonville, they now have Poz and Gabbert.

Mr. Pink
Poz+Shepp+Davis is better than Shepp+Davis+______

You have no idea if that is true as of right now. Depends on whom we go out and sign, because it's going to have to be someone. Any average ILB will make it a push. A better than average ILB means we actually got better at the position.

SabreEleven
I guess it's a deal the Bills don't want to match

tampabay25690
Well we move on................Next

Mr. Miyagi
07-26-2011, 08:57 PM
I like Poz. WTF why did they just let him walk? Should've kept him now that we got the middle plugged up front! NOW we're even worse off with no MLB!!

methos4ever
Remember, Jax will pay him whatever they pay him and add what, 20% - Florida has no state income tax. Money and a 4-3 are easy recipe to see him peace out. I wish him well, and look forward to whomever replaces him.

tampabay25690
X-Era u want me to pass u a xanax...
Just took mine....
If we dont sign another ILB soon u may want a script...

Mr. Pink
07-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Re-read the first post. He didn't want to play in the 3-4, he wanted to play in a 4-3.

I'm just glad Dick Jauron didn't lobby for him in Cleveland.

wmoz11
07-26-2011, 08:59 PM
I was really hoping that if he left he'd go to the Giants. Poor bastard has to play in front of about 30k people every weekend now and probably still lose a lot of games.

And might even move to LA.

X-Era
I like Poz. WTF why did they just let him walk? Should've kept him now that we got the middle plugged up front! NOW we're even worse off with no MLB!!We will do zero, zero at that position.

And I won't be happy with anything less than a significant upgrade to Poz signed... **** them.

BLeonard
he didnt want to be here

soooooo

Remember that in 4 or 5 years when Dareus "doesn't want to be here," then...

Why is that ALWAYS the excuse? How is it the Bills NEVER screw something up?

The players either "don't want to be here," or "want paid too much."

Meanwhile, the team that's missed the playoffs 11 YEARS IN A ROW has no fault in ANY of it.

How is that?

-Bill

X-Era
07-26-2011, 09:00 PM
X-Era u want me to pass u a xanax...
Just took mine....
If we dont sign another ILB soon u may want a script...They can **** themselves. Nix better impress me or he loses all respect and support from me.

X-Era
07-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Remember that in 4 or 5 years when Dareus "doesn't want to be here," then...

Why is that ALWAYS the excuse? How is it the Bills NEVER screw something up?

The players either "don't want to be here," or "want paid too much."

Meanwhile, the team that's missed the playoffs 11 YEARS IN A ROW has no fault in ANY of it.

How is that?

-Bill

Winfield
Clements
Pat Williams
Jason Peters

Rinse and repeat.

wmoz11
07-26-2011, 09:02 PM
They can **** themselves. Nix better impress me or he loses all respect and support from me.

I don't blame anyone for this. They said it was very hard for Poz to leave Buffalo and that the Bills put up a fight to keep him.

**** happens. And obviously this is coming from a Poz-homer like no other.

justasportsfan
07-26-2011, 09:03 PM

when he said "I hope he wants to come back" I can now read between the lines that he meant " comeback for less because we won't overpay just like Whitner"

Philagape
Again, I ask, if we aren't willing to pay Poz, an average guy, you really think we'll pay more to upgrade?

-Bill

What teams pay players doesn't necessarily reflect how good they are.
Judging by the likely money he made, Poz was way overrated.

T-Long
very very disappointed in this.

X-Era
07-26-2011, 09:04 PM
I don't blame anyone for this. They said it was very hard for Poz to leave Buffalo and that the Bills put up a fight to keep him.

**** happens. And obviously this is coming from a Poz-homer like no other.**** that.

Our weakest position is now even weaker and by Nix's account were now devoid one of our defensive leaders.

He better step the **** up and make a significant signing to replace him.

X-Era
07-26-2011, 09:05 PM
very very disappointed in this.As you can tell, I'm feeling a little stronger about it right now.

:lol:

B-DON

Lol chill out man. So we let one guy go that got a 6 year deal which is probably way more than we were willing to offer to an injury prone lb that was so good we had the worst run d in bills history and all of a sudden were abandoning our way of doing things. Step away from the keyboard for a few hours and get a hold of urself

Bulldog
Holy ****, some of you act like we just lost a pro bowler or something. All you Poz fans out there, name me five game changing plays the guy has made since he's been in Buffalo. Good luck.

BLeonard
07-26-2011, 09:06 PM

**** happens. And obviously this is coming from a Poz-homer like no other.

They put up so much of a fight, he left in the first day of discussions...

They can spin it anyway they want... They still failed to come to an agreement with their "Priority" and lost him in the first day they could possibly lose him.

-Bill

X-Era
when he said "I hope he wants to come back" I can now read between the lines that he meant " comeback for less because we won't overpay just like Whitner"Right, they would rather put that money back into ralphs wallett... err I mean the team...

Mr. Pink

-Bill

By signing another average guy to a lower amount of money that what Poz likely got we stay middling in mediocrity. At least this way, for a couple of days at least, we can have some optimism that we may actually try to get better at the position.

We do certainly have to sign someone at ILB though now.

Mr. Pink
07-26-2011, 09:07 PM

They can spin it anyway they want... They still failed to come to an agreement with their "Priority" and lost him in the first day they could possibly lose him.

-Bill

Read Blame Canadas post.

He wanted to play in the 4-3 not the 3-4.

It's pretty much that simple.

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Lets get something straight.
I liked POZ to but he couldn't cover a TE if the TE was walking......

If you want elite $$$ play like an elite player...
NO pass coverage at all....

wmoz11
07-26-2011, 09:09 PM
Holy ****, some of you act like we just lost a pro bowler or something. All you Poz fans out there, name me five game changing plays the guy has made since he's been in Buffalo. Good luck.

Well, he forced 6 turnovers in 2009. Do those count as "game-changing plays?"

justasportsfan
07-26-2011, 09:09 PM
They can **** themselves. Nix better impress me or he loses all respect and support from me.

Poz wanted to go to a 4-3.If he wasn't on board with a 3-4, he can go. If you're not buying into what the team as a whole is trying to do, c ya!

BLeonard
07-26-2011, 09:11 PM

Here's my take...

I could care less about Poz, honestly...

What gets me is that the Front Office tags this guy as a "priority," basically the leader of our defense at this time... Then, he bolts on the first day he can get out of dodge.

Some will say "wait and see what they do." I've seen it for the past decade plus. hell, even Nix said they wouldn't be big players in Free Agency, they would concentrate on re-signing their own...

They are now 0-1, and the one they lost was a "priority."

Do you have confidence that this FO is gonna wake up and get good overnight? I certainly don't.

-Bill

X-Era
07-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Lol chill out man. So we let one guy go that got a 6 year deal which is probably way more than we were willing to offer to an injury prone lb that was so good we had the worst run d in bills history and all of a sudden were abandoning our way of doing things. Step away from the keyboard for a few hours and get a hold of urselfSorry man, I'm tired of this team sucking. And I could buy the lines of **** because I could see Nix's plan as being possibly plausible. Unlikley, but plausible. But now the second phase of his plan is also BS... resign your own.

So we won't spend big in free agency to get better, we won't resign our own even when they aren't pro-bowlers much less when they are, so I hope we get a full 4 years of pro-bowl efforts out of our draftees because that's all were left with.

And as a draft guy I'm fully aware that the draft is a dollar and a dream. So I guess we all need to just keep dreaming for the day that we get back to the playoffs.

BTW, notice that I said 4 years... the 5th year is an option year which will cost big money, wonder if the Bills will pay it...

scartown
07-26-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm totally fine with poz leaving.

Bulldog
07-26-2011, 09:13 PM
Well, he forced 6 turnovers in 2009. Do those count as "game-changing plays?"

Great. He has a total of 8 forced turnovers in 4 years and a whopping 3 sacks. Screams play maker to me.

methos4ever
07-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Bills linebacker Paul Posluszny has reached an oral agreement to sign a six-year contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars when free agency begins on Friday.

Posluszny's agent, Michael McCartney, said it was a tough decision but the chance to play in Jacksonville's 4-3 defensive scheme was the deciding factor for the 26-year-old player.

"I have so much respect for the Buffalo organization," McCartney said. "They did everything the could to keep him. ... But he felt more comfortable in a 4-3 defense. He felt he came into the league playing the Mike in the 4-3. I want to emphasize how much prespect I have for Jim Overdorf and the Bills. It was a tough decision."

Posluszny can't sign a deal until 6 p.m. Friday. But his the decision has been made.

--- Mark Gaughan

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2011/07/poz-oks-deal-with-jags.html

justasportsfan
Winfield
Clements
Pat Williams
Jason Peters

Rinse and repeat.

Pat Williams was the significant loss on that list everyone on that list were better players than Poz.

wmoz11
Great. He has a total of 8 forced turnovers in 4 years and a whopping 3 sacks. Screams play maker to me.

I mean, make the questions tougher if you're going to be a *****.

X-Era
07-26-2011, 09:15 PM
Read Blame Canadas post.

He wanted to play in the 4-3 not the 3-4.

It's pretty much that simple.Fine. fine. The Bills did everything they could to keep him (yeah right) and Poz got way way overpaid (still haven't seen those contract details).

Fine. OK. Now what? Your worst position and a critical one for stopping the run now has a gaping hole. Now what? As I said, if Nix is worth a **** he will find a player as good or better to fill it or we are worse.

X-Era
07-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Pat Williams was the significant loss on that list everyone on that list were better players than Poz.So now we can't even keep players as poor as Poz?

The goal is to improve the talent on this team and right now we are worse.

justasportsfan
07-26-2011, 09:17 PM
I think he was just threatened by the Sheppard draft and wanted to bail while he could

justasportsfan
07-26-2011, 09:17 PM
So now we can't even keep players as poor as Poz?

The goal is to improve the talent on this team and right now we are worse.
we wont be any better if a player does not want to be here or is not comfortable with the system he is asked to play

YardRat
07-26-2011, 09:18 PM
:clap:

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, POS!

Philagape

-Bill

Poz also said he wanted to return, so it goes both ways.
If Poz wanted to return, why did he make the 4-3 his reason for leaving? Both can't be true. Yet another example of why things players say to the media aren't worth two turds.

Bulldog
I mean, make the questions tougher if you're going to be a *****.

Wow, very mature. Grow up dude.

Bmax
07-26-2011, 09:20 PM
sheppard will be better player .. sign Burnett or Siler please....

X-Era
07-26-2011, 09:20 PM
I think he was just threatened by the Sheppard draft and wanted to bail while he couldWe have two starting ILB spots. That's illogical.

Add a gaping hole at ILB to the list of needs now. Forget Poz, forget that he's gone. As a Bills fan, the immediate question becomes, what now. Because I'm looking at a rookie, and a vet backup as our two starting ILB's right now.

justasportsfan
07-26-2011, 09:22 PM
We have two starting ILB spots. That's illogical.

Add a gaping hole at ILB to the list of needs now. Forget Poz, forget that he's gone. As a Bills fan, the immediate question becomes, what now. Because I'm looking at a rookie, and a vet backup as our two starting ILB's right now.
Davis understands the 3-4 better

Mahdi
Per espn.
I am very impressed with the Bills right now! This is a great sign that the Bills are not settling for mediocrity.

A+ - Non-Signing!

wmoz11
Wow, very mature. Grow up dude.

You asked the question and I answered it. And then you make it sound like I didn't satisfy your requirements. Don't ask smart-ass questions to which there are actually answers.

Anyway, who does everyone want to target here now? Burnett is intriguing to me, Barnett for a year maybe, Ruud- meh, Tulloch.... 4-3 guy.

Not a lot out there.

Mr. Pink
07-26-2011, 09:23 PM
We have two starting ILB spots. That's illogical.

We had a gaping hole when Poz was here at the position.

You're acting like Poz was some superstar dude, he's an average NFL player. Average NFL players are easy to replace.

B-DON
07-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Sorry man, I'm tired of this team sucking. And I could buy the lines of **** because I could see Nix's plan as being possibly plausible. Unlikley, but plausible. But now the second phase of his plan is also BS... resign your own.

So we won't spend big in free agency to get better, we won't resign our own even when they aren't pro-bowlers much less when they are, so I hope we get a full 4 years of pro-bowl efforts out of our draftees because that's all were left with.

And as a draft guy I'm fully aware that the draft is a dollar and a dream. So I guess we all need to just keep dreaming for the day that we get back to the playoffs.

BTW, notice that I said 4 years... the 5th year is an option year which will cost big money, wonder if the Bills will pay it...

Who are all these other players that nix has let go? Nobody. Poz is a 4-3 mlb that is gonna be overpaid and offered way to many years. U would honestly sign poz to a 6 year deal? I for one wouldn't. Maybe that's just me tho

X-Era
07-26-2011, 09:25 PM
Davis understands the 3-4 betterWhen will he start playing it better? And our depth also suffered a loss. I was good with Davis coming in off the bench if Shepp earned the starting job.

Shepp hasn't played a down and has now earned the starting job.

X-Era
07-26-2011, 09:25 PM
Who are all these other players that nix has let go? Nobody. Poz is a 4-3 mlb that is gonna be overpaid and offered way to many years. U would honestly sign poz to a 6 year deal? I for one wouldn't. Maybe that's just me thoWho are the players that we drafted that he has resigned?

justasportsfan
07-26-2011, 09:26 PM
someone else aside from X-Era is pissed

methos4ever
07-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Jeez-a-lou, people. Poz isn't that great. It's like the lockout made everyone's angst filters dry up, and the explosion is deafening.
http://twitter.com/#!/BrianGalliford/status/96042932825636865

justasportsfan
07-26-2011, 09:27 PM
When will he start playing it better?.
when healthy he's better than Poz

X-Era
07-26-2011, 09:28 PM
We had a gaping hole when Poz was here at the position.

You're acting like Poz was some superstar dude, he's an average NFL player. Average NFL players are easy to replace.Well then I guess Nix's job will be easy. I'd like to see him begin to do it.

You get better when you UPGRADE the talent you have. And that's not just necessarily at your starting level. Poz+Shepp+Davis+ a UFA is potentially what we should have been looking for.

Right now, and it's obviously far from done, were looking at a rookie and backup as our two starters with no real depth.

Mr. Pink
07-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Well then I guess Nix's job will be easy. I'd like to see him begin to do it.

You get better when you UPGRADE the talent you have. And that's not just necessarily at your starting level. Poz+Shepp+Davis+ a UFA is potentially what we should have been looking for.

Right now, and it's obviously far from done, were looking at a rookie and backup as our two starters with no real depth.

Again, you still seem to think Poz > Davis. Poz and Davis are interchangeable with no discernible difference. I'm guessing you've never seen Davis play on a regular basis though so you wouldn't be able to see this.

Davis also is more comfortable in the 3-4 scheme and with the defensive calls.

justasportsfan
07-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Well then I guess Nix's job will be easy. I'd like to see him begin to do it.

Look ,Nix tried his best but Poz didn't want to be here. End of story.

X-Era
07-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Look ,Nix tried his best but Poz didn't want to be here. End of story.The story does not end with losing your supposed leader and starter at ILB. That begins a new story. That is where I am currently at. Forget Poz.

How does this team, with it's porous run defense, get better at ILB after losing Poz? That is the current story.

Extremebillsfan247
07-26-2011, 09:32 PM
No more players on our roster from the 2007 rookie class. Total waste of a draft year. Wow. lol

justasportsfan
07-26-2011, 09:33 PM
The story does not end with losing your supposed leader and starter at ILB. That begins a new story. That is where I am currently at. Forget Poz.

How does this team, with it's porous run defense, get better at ILB after losing Poz? That is the current story.
your guess is as good as mine.

BLeonard
07-26-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm not gonna say Poz was a worldbreater or anything, but let me ask you this:

To those who say "he's not that great," why would Nix make him a "priority," then?

How willing are we going to be to go after players that aren't "priority," if we let a "priority" guy that has already been on the team go on the first day?

That's my concern. Not re-signing Poz creates yet another hole on the worst defense in the NFL. They need to get someone better than Poz to fill the hole now, yet Nix says they won't be active in Free Agency, that they'll re-sign their own players...

Then, they let one of "their players" that was a "priority" leave within 24 hours of being able to negotiate.

Not instilling me with a whole lot of confidence.

-Bill

Whysoserious?
07-26-2011, 09:35 PM
Hey X, if you want the Bills to stop sucking, be happy we let Poz walk and wait more than 20 minutes for us to fill the void

X-Era
07-26-2011, 09:35 PM
Again, you still seem to think Poz > Davis. Poz and Davis are interchangeable with no discernible difference. I'm guessing you've never seen Davis play on a regular basis though so you wouldn't be able to see this.

Davis also is more comfortable in the 3-4 scheme and with the defensive calls.I give you credit for being critical. I give you this credit because sometimes the biggest critics are your best friends. But I'm struggling with hearing you tell me that your just fine with a guy that should be a backup like Davis as our starting ILB next to a rookie.

Is that our version of getting better against the run and at our weakest position before this loss? I mean really?

If this team wanted to get real it would replace Poz with an upgrade and sign yet another ILB so we don't have to force our rookie on the field and can potentially upgarde Davis.

BLeonard
07-26-2011, 09:36 PM
No more players on our roster from the 2007 rookie class. Total waste of a draft year. Wow. lol

Well they say it takes 3 years to grade a draft... But, we're lucky to keep draft picks that long...

-Bill

methos4ever
07-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Pre-season week 3 y'all can say your goodbyes - he'll be back with the Jags. It sucks, but they offered him the same deal and he wants to play in a 4-3, in Florida with tax free living state wise. This isn't Pat Williams, who they refused to deal with professionally. This isn't Clements, who wanted to be the highest paid defender in the league. This happens and it doesn't always have to be someone's fault.

X-Era
07-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Hey X, if you want the Bills to stop sucking, be happy we let Poz walk and wait more than 20 minutes for us to fill the void:lol: That is a criticism I will take. That holds logic. You are absolutely right and there is plenty of time to fix this. But make no mistake about it, I consider this currently broke.

I'm calming down, give me a bit.

psubills62
07-26-2011, 09:37 PM
May not be a ton, but it's a lot more often than "never."

I'll be interested to see how Poz does in another system. He hasn't been the best and certainly has his flaws, but in no way is he the garbage some people indicate he is. I think he did struggle to adjust to the 3-4, and he certainly wasn't the only one on this defense. If you look at his statistics and play with an objective eye, you'll see he was coming into his own in the 4-3 defense before Gailey took over. Good luck to him in Jacksonville.

THATHURMANATOR
07-26-2011, 09:38 PM
We cant freak out about this until we know who will be replacing him...

THE END OF ALL DAYS
07-26-2011, 09:38 PM
one step closer to Andrew Luck

B-DON
07-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Who are the players that we drafted that he has resigned?
He's had two drafts. He can't resign any of them yet. How much more illogical can you get? He didn't fit our sysytem, looks like he's getting over paid, was injury prone. Your the one accepting mediocrity by wanting to keep him, not the bills

Ed
I have been mostly indifferent to Poz coming back, but I was more in favor of seeing him re-signed. However, hearing that he's not comfortable in a 3-4 makes me glad that he's not here anymore. If he has trouble with the 3-4 then he's clearly not the right guy for the job. Why would we want to pay millions to a player that would continually underachieve? The fact that Poz himself can admit that he's not a good fit for a 3-4 seals the deal for me and makes him moving on a no brainer.

psubills62
And am I the only one who doesn't think Sheppard fits the ILB role that Andra Davis plays (I want to say it's the Ted position)? His main weakness was shedding blocks, and that's what the Ted position needs to do - take on blockers to keep the other ILB (Mike, maybe?) clean. I think Sheppard fits better in Poz's position with Davis on the other side. JMO.

justasportsfan
Then, they let one of "their players" that was a "priority" leave within 24 hours of being able to negotiate.

-Bill
they didn't let him leave. He left on his own

Philagape
07-26-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm not gonna say Poz was a worldbreater or anything, but let me ask you this:

To those who say "he's not that great," why would Nix make him a "priority," then?

How willing are we going to be to go after players that aren't "priority," if we let a "priority" guy that has already been on the team go on the first day?

That's my concern. Not re-signing Poz creates yet another hole on the worst defense in the NFL. They need to get someone better than Poz to fill the hole now, yet Nix says they won't be active in Free Agency, that they'll re-sign their own players...

-Bill

They don't really have a choice but to spend elsewhere because they have to reach the salary floor. Unless they give $30 million in bonuses for Fitz and Stevie extensions ...

X-Era
one step closer to Andrew LuckReally? Because if they do nothing real to fix the position we will limp into the next draft with yet another need.

T-Long
My feelings inside about this is exactly what X is voicing here. I am a homer when it comes to Posz with him hailing from PA, playing at Penn State, and then playing for the Bills. He was the total package when I look a the game as a fan. I need to take my fan hat off and realize this is a business sometimes and although he stated he wanted to be stay, his liking of the 4-3 defense is what eventually landed him in Jax. Although not a spectacular LB, he was a leader on the defense and our defense did NOT get better by losing him. The Bills are going to need to make a splash here and land a Barrett Rudd, Stephen Tulloch, or Kevin Burnett. You can't go in with Andra Davis and a rookie with how bad the run defense was last year. Just very, very disappointed (with my fan cap on)

Jaybird
Poz is a good football player, having said that he has been a center piece of the worst defense in the league for a couple of years.

We must bring in a vet and a good middle LB. Lets hope sheppard and Batten become good Lbers for us

X-Era
07-26-2011, 09:42 PM
They don't really have a choice but to spend elsewhere because they have to reach the salary floor. Unless they give $30 million in bonuses for Fitz and Stevie extensions ...Not that funny. Watch them do just that.

BillsFever21
07-26-2011, 09:43 PM

Aren't just about all of them over the past decade? They are either busts or we won't fork out the money for any of the decent ones or they jet to get the hell out of here.

BLeonard
07-26-2011, 09:43 PM
They don't really have a choice but to spend elsewhere because they have to reach the salary floor. Unless they give $30 million in bonuses for Fitz and Stevie extensions ...

See: Kelsay, Chris

Would not surprise me in the SLIGHTEST to do just that, somehow get the #1 pick in the draft and pass on Luck, becasue they paid Fitz...

Would not surprise me at all, with this group.

-Bill

X-Era
07-26-2011, 09:48 PM
My feelings inside about this is exactly what X is voicing here. I am a homer when it comes to Posz with him hailing from PA, playing at Penn State, and then playing for the Bills. He was the total package when I look a the game as a fan. I need to take my fan hat off and realize this is a business sometimes and although he stated he wanted to be stay, his liking of the 4-3 defense is what eventually landed him in Jax. Although not a spectacular LB, he was a leader on the defense and our defense did NOT get better by losing him. The Bills are going to need to make a splash here and land a Barrett Rudd, Stephen Tulloch, or Kevin Burnett. You can't go in with Andra Davis and a rookie with how bad the run defense was last year. Just very, very disappointed (with my fan cap on)Exactly. And set aside Poz and whatever anyone thinks he's worth. This was a defense that's bad at stopping the run. It's supposed leader is now gone at our weakest position already. Nix needs to make a significant signing at ILB now. He needs to do it to at a minimum stay where we were at, but it should be someone significantly better to make us better. And I also would like to get your take on him needing to save face. I mean he defended our "plan" against spending money in FA by saying we need to sign our own. He then went and talked up Poz. And right now he ended up losing him. The media knows the 99% thing, and they will hammer him on the loss of a starting ILB with all that cap room if he doesn't make a significant signing to replace him.

Believe it or not, and you can check my posts, I was never a Poz homer. I'm an overall talent homer. Which means I want the overall talent to get better, not worse and today, right now, and I admit it's too early, we are significantly worse.

Luisito23
07-26-2011, 09:48 PM

I thought it was a new, and better regime, that everyone loved, and trusted? :roflmao:

BLeonard
07-26-2011, 09:51 PM
I thought it was a new, and better regime, that everyone loved, and trusted? :roflmao:

Nah, I love and trust results... Show me the baby.

-Bill

Cleve
07-26-2011, 09:52 PM
See: Kelsay, Chris

Would not surprise me in the SLIGHTEST to do just that, somehow get the #1 pick in the draft and pass on Luck, becasue they paid Fitz...

-Bill

So we kept Kelsay, and let Poz go?

CAbills
07-26-2011, 09:54 PM
So we kept Kelsay, and let Poz go?
Im confused on why everyone keeps saying they let him go? Did you read the little blurb by his agent? Buffalo did everything they could to keep him.

He didnt want to be here.

Luisito23
07-26-2011, 10:01 PM
Im confused on why everyone keeps saying they let him go? Did you read the little blurb by his agent? Buffalo did everything they could to keep him.

He didnt want to be here.

But I thought he loved it here, and would make Buffalo his top priority?...

Pretty pathetic how some dumb people believe everything that comes out of the mouths of these greedy ass players.

jpdex12
07-26-2011, 10:09 PM
I am never buying another jersey of a current player ever again! I have lost count on how many jerseys I have ditched now because the player went elsewhere. Thank god for my Jim Kelly jersey! Is this a sign of how poor the club's desire is to resign players?

Novacane
07-26-2011, 10:11 PM
:rofl: I can't believe the overreaction I am reading in this thread. You would think we just lost superstar. The guy was good at making lots of tackles 5+ yards past the line of scrimmage. We will be fine without him.

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 10:12 PM
5 year $7 mill per is the Poz deal

Novacane
07-26-2011, 10:13 PM
These posts are nut! I think I want the lockout to be back on. :lol:

justasportsfan
07-26-2011, 10:14 PM
I am never buying another jersey of a current player ever again! I have lost count on how many jerseys I have ditched now because the player went elsewhere. Thank god for my Jim Kelly jersey! Is this a sign of how poor the club's desire is to resign players?
you should get a Kelsay jersey. He'll retire a bill

Philagape
07-26-2011, 10:14 PM

Not worth it

X-Era
07-26-2011, 10:15 PM
5 year $7 mill per is the Poz dealYou will hear that that's crazy money. Yet watch what the rest of the ILB's get. Like Ruud.

justasportsfan
07-26-2011, 10:15 PM
X-era, would you have paid this?

X-Era
07-26-2011, 10:16 PM
X-era, would you have paid this?I would have been better with 5 per. But, I think you will see a guy like Ruud make that much.

Mr. Pink
07-26-2011, 10:17 PM
Y'all woulda gone ape-shiz if we gave Poz a 5 year 35 million deal.

Admit it.

X-Era
07-26-2011, 10:18 PM
DB is making the argument:

http://twitter.com/#!/BillsDraft/status/96056390895931392

"The issue with the Poz deal is that now the ILB market has been set. Not good for us trying to find value."

X-Era

Admit it.I would have thought we overspent but I would not have gone ape ****.

tampabay25690
I would have been better with 5 per. But, I think you will see a guy like Ruud make that much.

X we talked about this the other day..
I said he would get over paid....
Ruud is no better then Poz and NO WAY in hell is Tampa giving him $7 mill per.....

If these guys are getting this what the hell is Patrick Willis gonna get his next contract...............WOW

Teams are gonna blow there load at first then it will settle down....

justasportsfan
07-26-2011, 10:19 PM
I would have been better with 5 per. But, I think you will see a guy like Ruud make that much.
would be interesting to see what the bills was offering.I bet it was less and Poz was using 4-3 as an excuse so he wouldn't look greedy

X-Era
07-26-2011, 10:20 PM
X we talked about this the other day..
I said he would get over paid....
Ruud is no better then Poz and NO WAY in hell is Tampa giving him $7 mill per.....

If these guys are getting this what the hell is Patrick Willis gonna get his next contract...............WOW

Teams are gonna blow there load at first then it will settle down....Does settling down mean ending up with something worse? I'm not good with that.

And I think you saw me throwing out 7 mill per as the top end for Poz.

I just feel like we don't set the market.

Novacane

Admit it.

I would have been PISSED!

DraftBoy
This is the CBA factor, teams now must spend to a certain amount.

To put it nicely, unless we get aggressive we are about to get screwed.

T-Long
I bet the Bills offered 5-6 per....but even if they matched, I think he still leaves for the 4-3.

tampabay25690
I would have thought we overspent but I would not have gone ape ****.

I would have been pissed if we gave him $7 mill per

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Does settling down mean ending up with something worse? I'm not good with that.

I hear you....

X-Era
07-26-2011, 10:22 PM

To put it nicely, unless we get aggressive we are about to get screwed.So far we apparently don't have to... When do we plan to act like we have 35+ mill in cap room to spend?

X-Era
07-26-2011, 10:22 PM
I bet the Bills offered 5-6 per....but even if they matched, I think he still leaves for the 4-3.I hope your right.

Philagape
07-26-2011, 10:23 PM

To put it nicely, unless we get aggressive we are about to get screwed.

So we're about to get screwed.

Please buy the Bills too, Terry Pegula ... :pray:

justasportsfan
07-26-2011, 10:25 PM
I bet the Bills offered 5-6 per....but even if they matched, I think he still leaves for the 4-3.
don't forget, no state taxes in fla and it's so peaceful in jax with all those empty seats.

I hope the team moves to LA :snicker:

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 10:26 PM
DO u guys realize that Patrick Willis makes $7.5 mill per???????????

X-Era
07-26-2011, 10:27 PM
DO u guys realize that Patrick Willis makes $7.5 mill per???????????What does an average starting ILB get paid?

ServoBillieves
07-26-2011, 10:32 PM
An old friend and one of my favorite Bills. I'll miss him, hope he succeeds with a struggling team going the wrong way unlike the Bills. Can't adapt to the new scheme, don't need him.

Novacane
07-26-2011, 10:32 PM
What does an average starting ILB get paid?

7 mill per!

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 10:33 PM
What does an average starting ILB get paid?

I dont know but Poz and Willis shouldnt even be considered even in the same breath.....

Philagape
07-26-2011, 10:34 PM
An old friend and one of my favorite Bills. I'll miss him, hope he succeeds with a struggling team going the wrong way unlike the Bills. Can't adapt to the new scheme, don't need him.

If only his heart was in a better athlete's body :sigh:

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 10:38 PM
Well were is this $$$ gonna get spent??????

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 10:38 PM
Buddy better not go to bed or all are team will be gone tonite.....

BLeonard
07-26-2011, 10:42 PM
Well were is this $$$ gonna get spent??????

Heh, where did all this talk go??

Lets get something straight.
I liked POZ to but he couldn't cover a TE if the TE was walking......

If you want elite $$$ play like an elite player...
NO pass coverage at all....

Maybe now, you'll see why X and I weren't happy about Poz leaving... It starts a bad domino effect when guys you set as a priority leave the first chance they can...

-Bill

wmoz11
07-26-2011, 10:43 PM
Who cares what the average salary is? Let's see guaranteed money.

We're going to have a hard time hitting the cap-floor if we lose out on Florence.

Michael82
07-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Son of a *****! I wake up for work tonight and I hear that our defensive leader and my favorite its gone. Damn it! :mad:

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 10:46 PM
Heh, where did all this talk go??

Maybe now, you'll see why X and I weren't happy about Poz leaving... It starts a bad domino effect when guys you set as a priority leave the first chance they can...

-Bill

Hey I wanted Poz to stay but not for $7 mill per IMO...
He isn't that good....Remember are D has sucked for years......
There has been a domino effect for 10 years.....
WINNING KEEPS PLAYERS...............................
He wants to play in a 4-3....
Listen to his interview on sirius...
But now we are in a dilema.......Who do we sign???

wmoz11
07-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Son of a *****! I wake up for work tonight and I hear that our defensive leader and my favorite its gone. Damn it! :mad:

I have the same feeling right now as I had after MNF versus Cowboys/Patriots. Sick.

Must... stop.... being.... fanboy....

BertSquirtgum
07-26-2011, 10:52 PM

poz wasn't his own. it was jaurons.

better days
07-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Well, I hope he enjoys playing in front of teal tarps & empty seats instead of the great fans in Buffalo.

CuseJetsFan83
07-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Well, I hope he enjoys playing in front of teal tarps & empty seats instead of the great fans in Buffalo.

i have 7 million reasons as to why i don't think it matters much........ i just wish for his sake he can stay healthy, because if he is, i still believe he could be a very very active LB

wmoz11
07-26-2011, 11:46 PM

That's kind of what sucks. I was hoping if he left he'd end up with the Giants and Fewell. At least he'd be in the spotlight and playing for a contender.

I think he may have gone to the one team more irrelevant than the Bills.

better days
07-26-2011, 11:52 PM
i have 7 million reasons as to why i don't think it matters much........ i just wish for his sake he can stay healthy, because if he is, i still believe he could be a very very active LB

Yeah, I get that but when he takes the field for the Jags he will not be thinking about money. He will miss the atmosphere at the Ralph, not that it is worth the extra $3-4 Mill he stands to make.

The irony is if he went there because he wanted to play in a 4-3, it is very likely DelRio gets fired after this year & his next HC might want a 3-4 defense. Kind of like Haynsworth in Washington.

CuseJetsFan83
07-26-2011, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I get that but when he takes the field for the Jags he will not be thinking about money. He will miss the atmosphere at the Ralph, not that it is worth the extra $3-4 Mill he stands to make.

The irony is if he went there because he wanted to play in a 4-3, it is very likely DelRio gets fired after this year & his next HC might want a 3-4 defense. Kind of like Haynsworth in Washington.

but with alot of teams playing a hybrid 3/4 defense not many play a plain 4/3 anymore.... but hey gotta go where the money is.... hell if i was injured as much as he was and still get paid that... i'd go for the $$$ too.

better days
07-27-2011, 12:02 AM
but with alot of teams playing a hybrid 3/4 defense not many play a plain 4/3 anymore.... but hey gotta go where the money is.... hell if i was injured as much as he was and still get paid that... i'd go for the $$$ too.

Everyone would do the same. That is the reason Nix can't be faulted for this.

CuseJetsFan83
07-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Everyone would do the same. That is the reason Nix can't be faulted for this.

i just really hope nix doesn't show his cards too early though... remember technically poz could come back last minute to buffalo since FA begins friday

Philagape
07-27-2011, 12:36 AM
i just really hope nix doesn't show his cards too early though... remember technically poz could come back last minute to buffalo since FA begins friday

Let's put up a billboard!!!!!

Michael82
07-27-2011, 12:52 AM
I'd be tempted to up the offer and see if u can steal him back at the last minute.

Ingtar33
07-27-2011, 12:54 AM
wow... and yet another hole opens up in our front 7. anyone on this board play linebacker?

because you might make the team in an open tryout at this point.

snow1989
07-27-2011, 01:16 AM
Not overly broken up about him leaving, wasn't a game changer and most of his tackles were 6+ yards down the field *shrug*....I can get the same for less money

W1DER1GHT
07-27-2011, 02:19 AM
I've been a loyal, die-hard Bills fan for 25 years, and now I can say that this team makes me fu##ing sick!! Time after time we let our guys walk. How in the heck do we resign a turd like Kelsey and let a useful guy like POZ go?

Is he worth 7 million a year, no, but sometimes you do what you have to do to remain relevant. Tyler Thigpen? What the heck is he good for, really? He had one good year under Chan in Kansas City and has been trash since. Why not take a chance on QB with some sort of upside? Maybe a wildcard like Vince Young? 31-17 as a starter has me willing to listen. Yes I know there has to be interest from him to be here, but Thigpen just seems like to me that Chan is "playing it safe" because he enjoyed some minor sucess with this guy before.

So where is our money going to go? we have the 4th highest amount to spend and all we do is let guys go? Is Drayton Florence next, maybe, it sure wouldn't shock me. Not that he's anything that special either, it's just the thought of what runs though the powers that be that makes me sick.

We have been a horrible team for longer than I'd like to remember, and with the exception of the uniforms, nothing changes. We go from the excitment of the late 80's into the amazing early 90's to the disaster that has been the last decade. When are we gonna have enough? When does it get to a point where people stand up and say "we're done until you show us that you're commited to WINNING!" When will the Bills make real moves to bring in guys that aren't retread and trash from other rosters in the NFL?

Year after year we hope to see the Bills matter in the grand scheme of the NFL, only to be dissapointed year after year as we become the punch line of the league. I stick up for the team, I buy into the hype of guys like McGahee and T.O. and try to find the brighter side when guys like Pat Williams and Winfield walk.......and, well, I'm done. I will no longer look at the bright side, or try to find the silver lining in this storm of crap and dismay. In a league where teams go from worst to first in the matter of a year, we've managed to be terrible year after year for more than a decade. Why? Because as much as I love this team, the more I grow to hate our place in the NFL. We are the laughing stock of the NFL, with an owner thats claim to fame is that he's kept the team here, nothing more.

Ralph Wilson is a great man. There is no other way for me to say it. But for as much as I love this team and this man, the NFL has passed him by. It's time to sell this team to someone who wants to win, and is not so concerned with the bottom line. Yes, I know, Terry has spoiled us with the Sabres, and maybe this is why this is all comming to a head with me.

I'm done buying tickets to watch this team be bad to average every Sunday. I'm done until ownership shows a little heart and motivation. The Bills wont get anything from me until I get something from them. I'm done living off the Jim-Smith-Thurman-Andre memories to keep the fire burning. When we lose an average guy like POZ to a team thats got no fan support like the Jags it tells me something. This free-fall to awful hasn't run it's corse yet, and we still have a ways to go before we'll be anything relevant in the NFL.

And when will the Bills be relevant? When there is someone else at the top running the show, and it may not be in Buffalo..... which would break my heart, and the hearts of all of us. Just the final straw in a long line of hurt and dismay.

kingJofNYC
07-27-2011, 02:29 AM
Good post.

I'm actually not that upset about losing Poz. He's solid but not worth the asking price, but if the Jags can pay up the Bills should be able to as well. It's the refusal to spend that ticks me off. I knew we weren't going to spend, but like you I held out hope. All that floor talk for nothing, same **** different day.

Hopefully they make up for it with some other signing, highly doubtful though.

Hard to build a team when you don't pay your guys.

Michael82
07-27-2011, 02:33 AM
The rumor on twitter is that the Bills offered to match the contract. However he feels more comfortable in a 4-3 defense and told then thanks, but no.

kingJofNYC
07-27-2011, 02:45 AM
I read that too, but he never complained about being in a 3-4, or whatever hybrid scheme G.Edwards uses this year.

"I have so much respect for the Buffalo organization," Posluszny's agent, Mike McCartney, told the Buffalo News. "They did everything the could to keep him. … But he felt more comfortable in a 4-3 defense. He felt he came into the league playing the Mike in the 4-3. I want to emphasize how much prespect I have for Jim Overdorf and the Bills. It was a tough decision."

Wish he would've mentioned his preference for a 3-4 during the offseason, would've softened the blow if everyone knew he had one foot out the door.

Dujek
07-27-2011, 03:03 AM
Sorry to see him go, I hope he does well for the Jags.

Once again my record of buying jerseys for players who then leave continues. If anyone wants to send me the money for it I'll buy a Whitner one right now.

Michael82
07-27-2011, 03:16 AM
Wow! The rumor on BuffaloBills.com message board is that the Bills countered with an offer of $8 million per year and he turned it down and that's when he said thru his agent that he wants to go back to a 4-3 defense where he can be the MIKE position.

Night Train
07-27-2011, 03:21 AM
Fletcher 2.0 leaves to chase a big contract. No hard feelings but I'd rather have ILB's who attack the open space in front of them over piling up stats as a drag down tackler.

A subpar LB on a 4-12 team is NOT a big loss.

The Bills have many vet options over the next couple of days, plus drafted 2 ILB's this April ( Sheppard,White ) to go with Batten. All unknowns but let them play ! We're 4-12 and people act like were on the cusp of the playoffs. We're not and need proper turnover to rid ourselves of the roster pretenders. Build something and see what upside the kids have over vets who had no upside and helped us lose.

alohabillsfan
07-27-2011, 03:56 AM
You still aren't getting Nix's plan... it's to not re-invest.

OK let me explain it to you. If you have an under performing stock do you buy more? NO. You may like Poz, but the bottom line is he has not been an impact ILB. Do you suggest that Nix resigns Maybin in the future? Do you think Nix's plan is to resign everyone drafted? LMAO. That would be insane. You only resign the talent worth resigning at the right price. :yle:

MikeNC
07-27-2011, 04:14 AM
I would like to tell him good luck "break a leg" but this dolt will probably do just that!!!

Night Train
07-27-2011, 05:17 AM
wow... and yet another hole opens up in our front 7.

Much like it did when he was on the field.

X-Era
07-27-2011, 05:50 AM
OK let me explain it to you. If you have an under performing stock do you buy more? NO. You may like Poz, but the bottom line is he has not been an impact ILB. Do you suggest that Nix resigns Maybin in the future? Do you think Nix's plan is to resign everyone drafted? LMAO. That would be insane. You only resign the talent worth resigning at the right price. :yle:And on your 4 and 12 team when you don't resign someone even decent and won't sign anyone significant in FA your left with?

Make an argument that at least includes a possible solution.

don137
07-27-2011, 05:51 AM
I read that too, but he never complained about being in a 3-4, or whatever hybrid scheme G.Edwards uses this year.

Wish he would've mentioned his preference for a 3-4 during the offseason, would've softened the blow if everyone knew he had one foot out the door.
Yea, he misled Bills fans saying all along that he wants to be back as long as the Bills offer a competitive offer. Sounds to me he did not want to be in Buffalo and was just posturing for a bigger contract. Screw you Poz for misleading your average NFL skills to Bills fans.

k-oneputt
07-27-2011, 06:10 AM
Getting upset about losing a below average lb. and they were gonna counter offer 8 mil per, that is insane.
Now let Florence walk and take that combined money and go overpay for the one good YOUNG cb on the market, Jonathan Joseph. That is the play,
but this front office is to stupid to get it done.
They have to spend that money somewhere.

methos4ever
07-27-2011, 06:18 AM
Poz is now in a division where he will be strafed by Peyton Manning twice a year, Matt Schaub twice a year and have Chris Johnson run wheel routes by him twice a year. His weakness better get fixed quick for 7 mil a year.

And Fletch left because Marv and co didn't think he could be a "Tampa 2 linebacker" so it's not fair to put him and Poz together. He's ironically still making plays, but as a 3-4 inside backer.

doug45
07-27-2011, 06:24 AM
The rumor on twitter is that the Bills offered to match the contract. However he feels more comfortable in a 4-3 defense and told then thanks, but no.

You draft a guy high give him the big money and he is hurt most of the time and then he tells you to pound salt. Glad he is gone !! But I am afraid the Bills will not spend the money to replace him!!!!

X-Era
07-27-2011, 06:29 AM
You draft a guy high give him the big money and he is hurt most of the time and then he tells you to pound salt. Glad he is gone !! But I am afraid the Bills will not spend the money to replace him!!!!Part two is the important part.

tampabay25690
07-27-2011, 06:33 AM
And on your 4 and 12 team when you don't resign someone even decent and won't sign anyone significant in FA your left with?

If we sign NO ONE then you have an argument.
Lets see how this plays out...

X-Era
07-27-2011, 06:35 AM
If we sign NO ONE then you have an argument.
Lets see how this plays out...That's a fair comment.

alohabillsfan
07-27-2011, 06:44 AM
And on your 4 and 12 team when you don't resign someone even decent and won't sign anyone significant in FA your left with?

Geez you over-reacting nut. FA signing is in 2 more days, step back from the ledge. You should seriously think of some kind of intervention. afterall, we're gonna suck anyways because we didnt draft a QB, right?

X-Era
07-27-2011, 06:46 AM
Geez you over-reacting nut. FA signing is in 2 more days, step back from the ledge. You should seriously think of some kind of intervention. afterall, we're gonna suck anyways because we didnt draft a QB, right?Please. Bring a solution to the table. Bring an idea on what we do now. That's where I'm at. It's a 4 and 12 team that needs upgrades on the D and now has a hole at ILB.

X-Era
07-27-2011, 07:07 AM
Nix: It wasn't the money.

X-Era
07-27-2011, 07:09 AM
OMG. Nix talking about our current guys having to step up on how to replace Poz.

Unreal.

Now he's saying they will look at anyone at any position that makes us better.

X-Era
07-27-2011, 07:12 AM
Nix: If it ends up that we take we we have going forward, he's absolutely comfortable.

alohabillsfan
07-27-2011, 07:17 AM
POZ is easily replaced by any healthy body, hell last year we used Ellision.

alohabillsfan
07-27-2011, 07:18 AM
Im more concerned with seconday, particularly CB. Sign Drayton...

alohabillsfan
07-27-2011, 07:19 AM
PS, Welcome to JAX, Poz. We have several highly rated hospitals!

Novacane
07-27-2011, 07:21 AM
Nix: It wasn't the money.

I believe him. That's why people should stop bashing Nix on this one.