PDA

View Full Version : Florence next to sign elsewhere?

X-Era
07-26-2011, 09:56 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora/status/96051014028898304

"The Bills and Jets are bidding for Buffalo DB Drayton Florence; Bengals & Packers express interest in Brandon Jackson"

Blame Canada
07-26-2011, 09:57 PM
this is what I had heard as well. I think this is bad news for Buffalo. Drayton loves Buffalo and did not plan on leaving but if he gets a competitive offer from a Super Bowl contender I think he would bolt.

CAbills
07-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Rex Ryan and Jets sale pitch vs.... yea

peace Florence.

X-Era
07-26-2011, 09:59 PM
this is what I had heard as well. I think this is bad news for Buffalo. Drayton loves Buffalo and did not plan on leaving but if he gets a competitive offer from a Super Bowl contender I think he would bolt.Probably can't win a bidding war against them.

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 10:01 PM
Probably can't win a bidding war against them.

Sure we can they are close to the cap and need to sign Holmes....
We lose him this would be a ****ty way to start........

X-Era
07-26-2011, 10:02 PM
Sure we can they are close to the cap and need to sign Holmes....
We lose him this would be a ****ty way to start........He was pretty bad with penalties... I'd rather have Cromartie.

Luisito23
07-26-2011, 10:03 PM
He's as good as gone.

Luisito23
07-26-2011, 10:07 PM
I'd rather have Cromartie.

If we can't sign an average Florence, what makes you think we have even a small chance at getting a younger, taller, faster, and better Cromartie?

Thurmal
07-26-2011, 10:07 PM
They better pony up some mayo for ole Florence; outside of Kyle Williams, he's been the best defensive player on the team.

Yikes, a rough start to free agency...wouldn't expect anything less though.

X-Era
07-26-2011, 10:09 PM
If we can't sign an average Florence, what makes you think we have even a small chance at getting a younger, taller, faster, and better Cromartie?Were ready to get serious with all that cap money?

:pray:?

Mr. Pink
07-26-2011, 10:11 PM
If it's the Jets and us, were would you rather play? Besides they need a guy to replace Cromartie who's gonna go elsewhere.

With the Jets he gets a chance to win.

mrbojanglezs
07-26-2011, 10:11 PM
nix doesn't come off as a guy suitable for this cut throat type of scenario that this week will present

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 10:14 PM
He was pretty bad with penalties... I'd rather have Cromartie.

I agree 100%%%
I think most of us want him back because he is great with the fans....
To be honest he gets beat a ton.....

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 10:15 PM
If we can't sign an average Florence, what makes you think we have even a small chance at getting a younger, taller, faster, and better Cromartie?

Would his 12 kids come to the Ralph to watch him play????
That could fill 1 suite????

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 10:16 PM
Were ready to get serious with all that cap money?

:pray:?

I know all that $$$ to spend whats up with that ****...

BLeonard
07-26-2011, 10:20 PM
I know all that $$$ to spend whats up with that ****...

Maybe he "doesn't want to be here" or "wants too much" just like Poz...

But, no matter what, it won't be the Bills' fault... Right?

This was one of my big concerns about seeing Poz, a guy we had as a priority, leave... Now, the dominoes might start to fall bigtime.

-Bill

X-Era
07-26-2011, 10:24 PM

This was one of my big concerns about seeing Poz, a guy we had as a priority, leave... Now, the dominoes might start to fall bigtime.

-BillIt's not the Bills fault. We have an iron-clad plan to build through the draft and resign our own.

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 10:31 PM

-Bill

I dont even know what to say to be honest.............

BertSquirtgum
07-26-2011, 10:32 PM
who cares. later penalty machine.

BertSquirtgum
07-26-2011, 10:34 PM

-Bill
who cares if either of these overrated players leave. you guys are freaking out about nothing. would it be nice to have them back? yes. should the bills overpay for them? no.

BLeonard
07-26-2011, 10:39 PM
who cares if either of these over rated bums leave. you guys are freaking out about nothing. would it be nice to have them back? yes. should the bills overpay for them? no.

Here's why I care:

Nix comes out and says Poz and Florence are "priorities." he continues to beat the "build through the draft and re-sign your own," then is in a position to lose both of his "priorities" in the first day that players can talk to teams?

If we lose our priorities on day ONE, what's the plan the rest of the way? Remember, we're not making any big FA signings, so you've put two new holes on the last ranked defense in the league and the only players you have to fill them are rookies.

Tell you what, this keeps happening, that Dareus better be good... He'll be the only player on the defensive side of the ball left.

-Bill

BertSquirtgum
07-26-2011, 10:42 PM
Poz sucks.

BLeonard
07-26-2011, 10:45 PM
Poz sucks.

Yet, he started for the Bills... Meaning, someone worse than Poz is now starting in his place.

I can totally see that scenario helping the worst defense in the NFL. :sarcasm2:

Poz might "suck," but we don't have anyone better than him... I'd like to know who we're gonna get that's better and cheaper than Poz...

-Bill

wmoz11
07-26-2011, 10:46 PM
Hope they go after Richard Marshall or *gasp* Jonathan Joseph if the lose out here.

BertSquirtgum
07-26-2011, 10:49 PM
Let the young guys play. They can't be any worse than poz in passing situations. If the dareus and williams can take up 3-4 guys each play anybody can make tackles. everytime a tight end caught the ball last year poz was behind them wondering what happened. i for one, don't care that he's gone. i hope the bills keep florence because i believe he was a bigger help than poz but also won't be disheartened if he leaves.

Extremebillsfan247
07-26-2011, 10:51 PM
Yet, he started for the Bills... Meaning, someone worse than Poz is now starting in his place.

I can totally see that scenario helping the worst defense in the NFL. :sarcasm2:

Poz might "suck," but we don't have anyone better than him... I'd like to know who we're gonna get that's better and cheaper than Poz...

-Bill He may prove to be a tough player to replace. Our depth at that position is extremely weak. If we don't bring someone in to replace him, it will be the weakest position on our team. That's not a good thing on a struggling defense. Hopefully the Bills find a way to fill that void. He will definitely be missed. JMO

Michael82
07-26-2011, 10:54 PM
You gotta be ****ing kidding me. What happened with their top 2 priorities? Florence was the best CB on the team last year. They gotta get him back!

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 10:55 PM
You gotta be ****ing kidding me. What happened with their top 2 priorities? Florence was the best CB on the team last year. They gotta get him back!

Yea ruff nite...

CuseJetsFan83
07-26-2011, 10:55 PM

there was a tweet using rotoworld as a source saying the pats were after florence too.... but everything i've seen has been bills/jets

although this kinda reminds me of the sabres with the drury/briere debacle..... hopefully that doesn't lead to the same result...... or maybe ya do?

Michael82
07-26-2011, 11:13 PM
Come on, Buddy! Wake up from your nap!

CuseJetsFan83
07-26-2011, 11:19 PM
Come on, Buddy! Wake up from your nap!

maybe he mistook the memo about FA starting friday :whoosh:

BertSquirtgum
07-26-2011, 11:25 PM
he hasn't signed with the jets yet guys. calm the **** down.

CuseJetsFan83
07-26-2011, 11:28 PM
he hasn't signed with the jets yet guys. calm the **** down.

just saying the bills claimed those were the 2 top D priorities and so far all for naught

Ingtar33
07-27-2011, 01:00 AM
just saying the bills claimed those were the 2 top D priorities and so far all for naught

somehow i think buddy is sleeping.

CuseJetsFan83
07-27-2011, 01:14 AM
somehow i think buddy is sleeping.

i agree.... i just get a feeling that some of these "gentleman's agreements" still leave room for a last minute/last ditch effort.... or even a smoke screen

Night Train
07-27-2011, 05:11 AM
I like Florence a lot but when he arrived 2-3 years back, no one knew of him.

We let him play due to injuries and were pleasently surprised. He's now 30 and I could understand him wanting a shot at the SB in his last contract.

Yet some will blame the Bills rather than access the situation, if he bolts to the Jets. :rolleyes:

I'll just wish him well and thank him for his service. Tons of decent CB's still out there to sign.

don137
07-27-2011, 06:12 AM
If the Bills lose Florence I would not mind them going after Brent Grimes from Atlanta.

DesertFox24
07-27-2011, 07:36 AM
Buddy offered the same if not more money to Poz, Poz wanted to play in a 43 and that is his choice.

Yes it sucks but we have to move on. Also keep in mind Buddy said we want to get bigger stronger faster and we have some young guys that are bigger stronger and faster.

Also it is not like we are going to be a playoff team this year. The year for us to be a playoff team will be 2012.

We are going to play a lot of young guys this year and hopefully be around the 500 mark.

Then again look at what Tampa did with a bunch of young guys.

Forward_Lateral
07-27-2011, 07:40 AM
I read that it's between the Bills and the Jets on Florence.

wmoz11
07-27-2011, 07:51 AM
I'd rather the Jets sign Florence if that means they're out on Asomughua. I really don't want to face Revis-Asomughua for the forseeable future.

ServoBillieves
07-27-2011, 08:05 AM
Revis, Asomugha, Florence? A lot of fear lf Tom Brady there in NY...

EDS
07-27-2011, 08:50 AM
who cares if either of these overrated players leave. you guys are freaking out about nothing. would it be nice to have them back? yes. should the bills overpay for them? no.

Both Florence and Poz, while far from great, are much better and more valuable players than Chris Kelsay who Nix though so much of that he gave him a fat contract.

Ingtar33
07-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Both Florence and Poz, while far from great, are much better and more valuable players than Chris Kelsay who Nix though so much of that he gave him a fat contract.

well 5 mill a year for Kelsey is starting to make sense in the grand scheme of things. Apparently he's going to play CB/ILB for us this year.

we lose Florence and we might as well pray for some injuries so we can get the no.1 overall pick, because what already is a putrid defense, looks like it's getting worse. You know i'm getting sick of being able to write this team off before the first preseason game.

i hope we do something with whats left of FA.

BertSquirtgum
07-27-2011, 02:50 PM
cry me a river. some of the older bills fans on here are the worst. no spirit left.

BertSquirtgum
07-27-2011, 08:44 PM
has the crying stopped yet?