Move on from Poz.

What now?

Kevin Burnett
Stephen Cooper
Nick Barnett
Brandon Siler
Stewart Bradley
Barrett Ruud

Trade? How about a young guy from another team? Pick? Player? Pick and player?

The trade option might work. There's a glut of WR's... sign one and trade Evans? Trade McKelvin to a CB needy team (if we resign Florence).

I'd like two. I'd sign a Siler and add another name from that list.

Nix is about to come on WGR... Let's see if he sheds some light.

Extremebillsfan247
07-27-2011, 07:01 AM
Our only option is to pray Buddy opens the books to somebody. Our defense is in serious trouble. Last year we had the worst LB core in the NFL, well it just got even worse with the loss of Poz. Even if he was average, Our defense is so bad, an average player might as well be a pro bowler. We need all the average players we can get just to break even. We don't even have that, especially at inside linebacker. If we go into the year with Torbor, Davis, and Sheppard to cover that loss, it's going to be a long year for the Bills.

X-Era
07-27-2011, 07:02 AM
Our only option is to pray Buddy opens the books to somebody. Our defense is in serious trouble. Last year we had the worst LB core in the NFL, well it just got even worse with the loss of Poz. Even if he was average, Our defense is so bad, an average player might as well be a pro bowler. We need all the average players we can get just to break even. We don't even have that, especially at inside linebacker. If we go into the year with Torbor, Davis, and Sheppard to cover that loss, it's going to be a long year for the Bills.I can't believe we will do that. We may only get a guy that slightly upgrades Davis with the hopes that our rookie steps up huge. But, we can't go into the year with what we currently have... I just can't picture us being that stupid.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
07-27-2011, 07:05 AM
Move on from Poz.

What now?

Kevin Burnett
Stephen Cooper
Nick Barnett
Brandon Siler
Stewart Bradley
Barrett Ruud

Trade? How about a young guy from another team? Pick? Player? Pick and player?

The trade option might work. There's a glut of WR's... sign one and trade Evans? Trade McKelvin to a CB needy team (if we resign Florence).

I'd like two. I'd sign a Siler and add another name from that list.

Nix is about to come on WGR... Let's see if he sheds some light.

Good call on Nix coming on WGR, much appreciated

DraftBoy
07-27-2011, 07:17 AM
Id look for Danny Batten and Kelvin Sheppard to be the two guys. They may add an ILB but with the market being set at 7 with the Poz signing I think most of the guys are out. Maybe Siler would be in play?

Extremebillsfan247
07-27-2011, 07:20 AM
Nix says "we are fine at LB, someone will step up". Who? lol

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
07-27-2011, 07:22 AM
Nix says "we are fine at LB, someone will step up". Who? lol

We have 5 ilb, two vets and three youngsters

X-Era
07-27-2011, 07:22 AM
Nix says "we are fine at LB, someone will step up". Who? lolApparently a rookie.

He then went on and talked about always looking for upgrades, thinking guys will get cut, we will wait...

Extremebillsfan247
07-27-2011, 07:29 AM
Apparently a rookie.

He then went on and talked about always looking for upgrades, thinking guys will get cut, we will wait...After witnessing the defense we put on the field last year, it's hard not to be a bit concerned right now. lol I'm fairly alarmed and that's hard to do. It's not because we lost Poz though, it's because Nix is giving me every indication that we don't intend on replacing him. But instead we are going to pin hopes on rookies that don't really know what they are doing yet. That's a big problem especially in our division. JMO

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
07-27-2011, 07:32 AM
After witnessing the defense we put on the field last year, it's hard not to be a bit concerned right now. lol I'm fairly alarmed and that's hard to do. It's not because we lost Poz though, it's because Nix is giving me every indication that we don't intend on replacing him. But instead we are going to pin hopes on rookies that don't really know what they are doing yet. That's a big problem especially in our division. JMO

Maybe, just maybe he wants the opposition to think this?

ddaryl
07-27-2011, 07:41 AM
That was a big hit to the ILB core... I fail to see anyone else on our roster stepping up enough to improve his team in 2011

but hey we want a chance at Luck right ?

mayotm
07-27-2011, 07:44 AM
I don't think there are any. Based on what I'm reading here, the Bills just lost the best LB in NFL history. Hell, maybe the best player in NFL history. You can't replace that.

justasportsfan
07-27-2011, 07:45 AM
Sign Keith Ellison to 8M per year for 6 years and give Coy Wire a call

psubills62
07-27-2011, 08:26 AM
Id look for Danny Batten and Kelvin Sheppard to be the two guys. They may add an ILB but with the market being set at 7 with the Poz signing I think most of the guys are out. Maybe Siler would be in play?
Agreed, I think Sheppard and Batten are the two most likely candidates for the starting positions at this point.

EDS
07-27-2011, 08:44 AM
Agreed, I think Sheppard and Batten are the two most likely candidates for the starting positions at this point.

Based on their track record, sure . . .

Poz was not a great linebacker for sure, but he was the best linebacker the Bills had and he is a loss to the defense, as bad as it is.

k-oneputt
07-27-2011, 08:47 AM
Based on their track record, sure . . .

Poz was not a great linebacker for sure, but he was the best linebacker the Bills had and he is a loss to the defense, as bad as it is.

How can the young guys be any worse ? Poz was the leader of the band that finished dead last. It can't get any worse with anyone else.

tampabay25690
07-27-2011, 08:52 AM
OK don't look at the avatar but..........

I think Kelvin Shepperd will be better then Poz anyway...

madness
07-27-2011, 08:55 AM
Sign Keith Ellison to 8M per year for 6 years and give Coy Wire a call

Are we going to zip tie them together to make one LB?

Mski
07-27-2011, 08:55 AM
what worries me most about the Nix interview, isnt that he said they were most likely going to fill the hole from within, but that he said they made a competetive offer $$wise as jacksonville, and poz still chose the jags, over the team that drafted him, and he played his whole career with, and is significantly closer to home

EDS
07-27-2011, 08:56 AM
How can the young guys be any worse ? Poz was the leader of the band that finished dead last. It can't get any worse with anyone else.

It could get worse unfortunately, we all know that. Sheppard I had hoped would have been starting by the end of the season alongside Poz. Batten needs to learn another new position and both he and White are projects to begin with.

If Poz was not important why did Buddy want to resign him as a priority?

k-oneputt
07-27-2011, 09:16 AM
I don't know that and I personally don't believe it will be worse. I think the defense will be better this year and whomever plays the inside lber positions will at minimum give us what Poz gave us.

cookie G
07-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Bradley

Ed
07-27-2011, 10:42 AM
what worries me most about the Nix interview, isnt that he said they were most likely going to fill the hole from within, but that he said they made a competetive offer $$wise as jacksonville, and poz still chose the jags, over the team that drafted him, and he played his whole career with, and is significantly closer to home
That's because Poz knows he's not a good 3-4 LB.

Maximilli
07-27-2011, 11:11 AM
i think we will b fine the dline upgraded which should help out he LB corp alot

Historian
07-27-2011, 11:12 AM
punt!

John Doe
07-27-2011, 04:46 PM

I think that the battle will be between Sheppard and Torbor. Batten would be learning a new position.

NOT THE DUDE...
07-27-2011, 04:53 PM
SHEPP IS BETTER.

Bert102176
07-27-2011, 10:01 PM
I would like stephen Tulock think he was the Titand ILB