PDA

View Full Version : What i think the Bills should do

Sportsuser101
07-27-2011, 07:53 AM
Obviously I have no idea what sort of interest any of these players have but ideally I think this is what the team needs.

Re-sign CB Drayton Florence
Sign DE Kullen Jenkins
Sign ILB Kevin Burnett
Sign TE Zach Miller
Sign OT Tyson Clabo

Jenkins and Burnett fit perfect in the 34 defense and really give us much more depth and helping the young guys slowly work into the league which in year 1 is very important.

Burnett I love, always have back to his Tennessee days. I wanted to keep Poz but I think most of it was because I got his jersey when we drafted him and well now two of my recent jerseys (Edwards, Poz) have gone to Jacksonville.

Miller is the tight end we've needed for years. We have the money. Spend it.

Clabo is an ideal fit for us at RT. He loves to run block and reminds me of a buffao bill type of guy. If the Bills feel Clabo won't fit in there run blocking schemes I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Gaither, who we almost traded for a couple years ago.

Do I think we're a playoff team with this upgrades? I think we have a shot to be. Last year we didn't have a shot to be a playoff team. With these changes at least I think we'll have a shot.

Jaybird
07-27-2011, 07:56 AM
That would be nice.. but don't see all that happening

The King
07-27-2011, 07:59 AM
I just hope we over spend at LB that's the only way we're upgrading there.

hydro
07-27-2011, 08:00 AM
If we get one of those players I will be happy and would be thoroughly surprised if we got more than one.

Philagape
07-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Burnett and Clabo would make this a good offseason.

They're not going after a high-priced pure receiving TE; more of a hybrid like Boss would be a better fit.
They've invested three high picks on the DL in two years, so putting any more money there is unlikely.

Raptor
07-27-2011, 09:12 AM
ZERO chance of that happening

Guys, Nix has over and over said they will not be big spenders in FA'cy...He's a pretty straight shooter so I wouldn't expect any noteworthy moves

Ickybaluky
07-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Clabo is reportedly close to re-signing with Atlanta. Should be done today.

Ickybaluky
07-27-2011, 09:15 AM

Guys, Nix has over and over said they will not be big spenders in FA'cy...He's a pretty straight shooter so I wouldn't expect any noteworthy moves

They have to spend the money somewhere, though. Every team has to spend at least 89% of the cap and collectively have to average 95% of the cap league-wide.

There are still tons of guys out there. It will be a busy week.

Raptor
07-27-2011, 09:17 AM
They have to spend the money somewhere, though. Every team has to spend at least 89% of the cap and collectively have to average 95% of the cap league-wide.

Two things on that

1.They have the entire season to spend to 89%

2.If they don't the difference gets spread among the entire roster at the end of the year

Make no mistake about it, if they don't want to spend in FA'cy they don't have to

Philagape
07-27-2011, 09:21 AM
Two things on that

1.They have the entire season to spend to 89%

2.If they don't the difference gets spread among the entire roster at the end of the year

Make no mistake about it, if they don't want to spend in FA'cy they don't have to

They should rename that the Buddy Nix Rule

Raptor
07-27-2011, 09:35 AM
They should rename that the Buddy Nix Rule

Agreed

Sportsuser101
07-27-2011, 11:01 AM

How do you know that it has ZERO chance of happening? Do you know what they are thinking? I'm not saying it will happen. I'm saying what I think they should do

Raptor
07-27-2011, 11:06 AM
How do you know that it has ZERO chance of happening? Do you know what they are thinking? I'm not saying it will happen. I'm saying what I think they should do

Yea I do know what there thinking because he has flat out said it, we won't be big players in FA'cy.

Honestly I think it would be funny if went ahead and made a billboard that has that quote on it

Sportsuser101
07-27-2011, 11:07 AM
Yea I do know what there thinking because he has flat out said it, we won't be big players in FA'cy.

Honestly I think it would be funny if went ahead and made a billboard that has that quote on it

So GMs and coaches have never lied?

Bill Cody
07-27-2011, 11:13 AM

Not this year they don't. Each team has to spend 89% on average over 4 years. You could be way under 89% one year and way over the next.

Raptor
07-27-2011, 11:15 AM
So GMs and coaches have never lied?

Look at Nix track record with the media find me a GM who has been more honest then Nix about his plans?

He acknowledged they needed a scat back and drafted one.

He acknowledged that they want to resign Pox and Florence, they tried.

He said he'd be asleep when FA'cy broke last year...we did pretty much nothing

He said the run defense was a major concern this year before the draft...our first 4 picks where dedicated to stopping that run(and before anyone chimes in A.Williams outside of Peterson was considered the best run supporting CB in the draft)

He's pretty much a straight shooter

Ed
07-27-2011, 11:21 AM
I think there is way too much competition out there to sign that many quality free agents, but one of those guys would be nice. Although I really don't think we pursue any D-lineman of any significance. We already have a group of guys they really like. I would be happy with Burnett and a decent RT.

BertSquirtgum
07-27-2011, 11:46 AM
I would do jumping jacks in the middle of my work space if somehow the bills were able to pull off all those signings.

Bert102176
07-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Obviously I have no idea what sort of interest any of these players have but ideally I think this is what the team needs.

Re-sign CB Drayton Florence
Sign DE Kullen Jenkins
Sign ILB Kevin Burnett
Sign TE Zach Miller
Sign OT Tyson Clabo

Jenkins and Burnett fit perfect in the 34 defense and really give us much more depth and helping the young guys slowly work into the league which in year 1 is very important.

Burnett I love, always have back to his Tennessee days. I wanted to keep Poz but I think most of it was because I got his jersey when we drafted him and well now two of my recent jerseys (Edwards, Poz) have gone to Jacksonville.

Miller is the tight end we've needed for years. We have the money. Spend it.

Clabo is an ideal fit for us at RT. He loves to run block and reminds me of a buffao bill type of guy. If the Bills feel Clabo won't fit in there run blocking schemes I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Gaither, who we almost traded for a couple years ago.

Do I think we're a playoff team with this upgrades? I think we have a shot to be. Last year we didn't have a shot to be a playoff team. With these changes at least I think we'll have a shot.

I agree but for the ILB's I would like to see stephen Tullock and Nick Barnett