X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sportsuser101
    • Feb 2005

What i think the Bills should do

Obviously I have no idea what sort of interest any of these players have but ideally I think this is what the team needs.

Re-sign CB Drayton Florence
    Sign DE Kullen Jenkins
    Sign ILB Kevin Burnett
    Sign TE Zach Miller
    Sign OT Tyson Clabo

Jenkins and Burnett fit perfect in the 34 defense and really give us much more depth and helping the young guys slowly work into the league which in year 1 is very important.

Burnett I love, always have back to his Tennessee days. I wanted to keep Poz but I think most of it was because I got his jersey when we drafted him and well now two of my recent jerseys (Edwards, Poz) have gone to Jacksonville.

Miller is the tight end we've needed for years. We have the money. Spend it.

Clabo is an ideal fit for us at RT. He loves to run block and reminds me of a buffao bill type of guy. If the Bills feel Clabo won't fit in there run blocking schemes I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Gaither, who we almost traded for a couple years ago.

Do I think we're a playoff team with this upgrades? I think we have a shot to be. Last year we didn't have a shot to be a playoff team. With these changes at least I think we'll have a shot.
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick
  • Jaybird
    • Dec 2005

Re: What i think the Bills should do

That would be nice.. but don't see all that happening

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I just hope we over spend at LB that's the only way we're upgrading there.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• hydro
        • Oct 2005

If we get one of those players I will be happy and would be thoroughly surprised if we got more than one.
        BERNIAC!

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

Burnett and Clabo would make this a good offseason.

They're not going after a high-priced pure receiving TE; more of a hybrid like Boss would be a better fit.
          They've invested three high picks on the DL in two years, so putting any more money there is unlikely.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Raptor
            • Jan 2009

ZERO chance of that happening

Guys, Nix has over and over said they will not be big spenders in FA'cy...He's a pretty straight shooter so I wouldn't expect any noteworthy moves

Comment

• Ickybaluky
              • Jul 2003

Clabo is reportedly close to re-signing with Atlanta. Should be done today.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Raptor

Guys, Nix has over and over said they will not be big spenders in FA'cy...He's a pretty straight shooter so I wouldn't expect any noteworthy moves
                They have to spend the money somewhere, though. Every team has to spend at least 89% of the cap and collectively have to average 95% of the cap league-wide.

There are still tons of guys out there. It will be a busy week.

Comment

• Raptor
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Ickybaluky
                  They have to spend the money somewhere, though. Every team has to spend at least 89% of the cap and collectively have to average 95% of the cap league-wide.

Two things on that

1.They have the entire season to spend to 89%

2.If they don't the difference gets spread among the entire roster at the end of the year

Make no mistake about it, if they don't want to spend in FA'cy they don't have to

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

Two things on that

1.They have the entire season to spend to 89%

2.If they don't the difference gets spread among the entire roster at the end of the year

Make no mistake about it, if they don't want to spend in FA'cy they don't have to
                    They should rename that the Buddy Nix Rule
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Raptor
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Philagape
                      They should rename that the Buddy Nix Rule

Agreed

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                        • Feb 2005

How do you know that it has ZERO chance of happening? Do you know what they are thinking? I'm not saying it will happen. I'm saying what I think they should do
                        Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Raptor
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                          How do you know that it has ZERO chance of happening? Do you know what they are thinking? I'm not saying it will happen. I'm saying what I think they should do

Yea I do know what there thinking because he has flat out said it, we won't be big players in FA'cy.

Honestly I think it would be funny if went ahead and made a billboard that has that quote on it

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                            • Feb 2005

Yea I do know what there thinking because he has flat out said it, we won't be big players in FA'cy.

Honestly I think it would be funny if went ahead and made a billboard that has that quote on it
                            So GMs and coaches have never lied?
                            Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Ickybaluky

Not this year they don't. Each team has to spend 89% on average over 4 years. You could be way under 89% one year and way over the next.

Comment

Working...
                              X