PDA

View Full Version : Bills interested in OT Tyson Clabo

Blame Canada
07-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Bills have expressed interest in Clabo. This should get some of you off the ledge. We are competing with ATL and SEA

BuffaloBlitz83
07-27-2011, 11:22 AM
I'd love the signing!

Raptor
07-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Isn't he almost a done deal in Atlanta though?

and i think we are in on Colon too

BillsWin
07-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Colon and Clabo would be something else.

Ingtar33
07-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Bills have expressed interest in Clabo. This should get some of you off the ledge. We are competing with ATL and SEA

we're competing with 2 playoff teams. Dude, unless we pay him significantly more than what the other two are offering, he's not coming here.

PromoTheRobot
07-27-2011, 11:24 AM
we're competing with 2 playoff teams. Dude, unless we pay him significantly more than what the other two are offering, he's not coming here.
Seattle a playoff team??? :lol: I know they made the playoffs in the worst division in football but it just sounds so funny.

PTR

Prov401
07-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Lets be honest. Seattle is far from elite.

BuffaloBlitz83
07-27-2011, 11:25 AM

Yes, we would have to give him more guaranteed money

Ed
07-27-2011, 11:26 AM
Well that's not out of the question. We did give Derrick Dockery like $48 million. That's mind numbing at this point.

Philagape
07-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Seattle and its QB mess are not a threat, but Atlanta's making a Super Bowl run. The Bills would have to blow them away.

X-Era
07-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Bills have expressed interest in Clabo. This should get some of you off the ledge. We are competing with ATL and SEAThat's the type of significant upgrade that I would like. Remember, right now were looking at Pears or Hairston the rookie.

I really like Hairston but I don't ever want to be forced to start a rookie.

better days
07-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Seattle a playoff team??? :lol: I know they made the playoffs in the worst division in football but it just sounds so funny.

PTR

Talk about an unstable team. I doubt Seattle matches last years 7 wins without Hasselbeck at QB. I would not be surprised if Seattle finishes last in that division this year.

I expect Arizona, if they get Orton or Kolb to compete with the Rams for 1st place with the 49ers & Hawks fighting to stay out of last place.

EDS
07-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Talk about an unstable team. I doubt Seattle matches last years 7 wins without Hasselbeck at QB. I would not be surprised if Seattle finishes last in that division this year.

I expect Arizona, if they get Orton or Kolb to compete with the Rams for 1st place with the 49ers & Hawks fighting to stay out of last place.

Let's be honest, the Bills are competing for last place in their division too.

Historian
07-27-2011, 11:46 AM
I'd love to give Fitzy that extra second to launch his ducks...

better days
07-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Let's be honest, the Bills are competing for last place in their division too.

True, no doubt, but it is a MUCH TOUGHER division. If Buffalo were in the AFC West or NFC West I think they would be competeing for either division.

BuffaloBlitz83
07-27-2011, 11:51 AM
True, no doubt, but it is a MUCH TOUGHER division. If Buffalo were in the AFC West or NFC West I think they would be competeing for either division.

But they aren't so it's irrelevant.seattle has a better chance to make postseason

better days
07-27-2011, 11:53 AM
But they aren't so it's irrelevant.seattle has a better chance to make postseason

No they don't. Only one team will make the postseason from that division & it won't be Seattle.

Bill Cody
07-27-2011, 12:02 PM
Anyone know Atlanta's cap situation? I think they are the team that is in the driver's seat with Clabo. Seattle? That is a shaky team at best and they now have a shaky player at QB. We'd be on pretty even footing with them.

ddaryl
07-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Atlanta approx $14 mil under the cap

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/atlanta-falcons/2011/7/26/2282563/atlanta-falcons-nfl-lockout-salary-cap-rookie-wage-scale

X-Era
07-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Atlanta approx $14 mil under the cap

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/atlanta-falcons/2011/7/26/2282563/atlanta-falcons-nfl-lockout-salary-cap-rookie-wage-scaleWell since it's a cash to cap league they are screwed.

:couch:

madness
07-27-2011, 12:28 PM
La Canfora: Bills Showing Interest In Falcons OT Tyson Clabo (http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/7/27/2297605/nfl-free-agency-rumors-tyson-clabo-bills)
Piling onto a blurb from Adam Caplan that the Buffalo Bills could be interested in free agent offensive tackle Willie Colon comes this: NFL.com's Jason La Canfora reports that the Bills are now also showing interest in Tyson Clabo.
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/../mt/images/newsicons/bills.gif buffalorumblings.com/Brian Galliford | Posted at 01:21 PM

DraftBoy
07-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Falcons have made re-signing Clabo priority #1 with Johnson off the market and there loss of interest in Edwards.

Dimitroff will be tough to beat for his services.

The last buffalo fan
07-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Who is this guy? Is he good, elite? Is there any other player that we can compare his game level with?

cookie G
07-27-2011, 12:30 PM

They will, but Atlanta hasn't signed Dahl or Blalock yet, so you get into a question of what Atlanta can offer.

I question how serious Seattle really is, considering they just drafted Carpenter in the 1st, to go with Okung last year.

cookie G
07-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Who is this guy? Is he good, elite? Is there any other player that we can compare his game level with?

RT - Falcons, made the Pro Bowl last year as an alternate. Originally an undrafted FA (or low draft choice), been starting for 4 years now.

Better in run game than pass, but is very good in the run game. Probably compares to a Jon Runyan type.

Spiller and Jackson would be really happy.

mysticsoto
07-27-2011, 12:42 PM
They will, but Atlanta hasn't signed Dahl or Blalock yet, so you get into a question of what Atlanta can offer.

I question how serious Seattle really is, considering they just drafted Carpenter in the 1st, to go with Okung last year.

Seattle is looking for a cheap veteran and are probably not really in the mix...

psubills62
07-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Well, if we do happen to sign Clabo, then I have little doubt that will be the overpaying so many people didn't want to see.

k-oneputt
07-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Rather overpay for an o-tackle then a below avg. lb.

Philagape
07-27-2011, 12:51 PM
You gotta overpay to get real talent, especially now. Just gotta pick your spots and get the right guys

Blame Canada
07-27-2011, 12:51 PM
seattle just signed robert gallery. it was reported they would not sign clabo and gallery. clabo is down to ATL or BUF

mayotm
07-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Well, if we do happen to sign Clabo, then I have little doubt that will be the overpaying so many people didn't want to see.Exactly, the same people griping about the Bills not doing anything will gripe about the above market deal the Bills will have to pay to sign him.

madness
07-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Clabo would be big money

July 27, 2011 - 1:23 PM | Comment (http://util.buffalo.com/comments/view.php?blogId=6a00d83451b85a69e201543409d7f7970c&headline=Clabo%20would%20be%20big%20money&url=http%3A%2F%2Fblogs.buffalonews.com%2Fbillboard%2F2011%2F07%2Fclabo-would-be-big-money.html&author=BillBoard&isBlog=1)
The NFL Network is reporting the Bills are among the teams talking with Atlanta right tackle Tyson Clabo. He's the top right tackle on the free-agent market and will draw a huge contract. Atlanta would like to keep him. Seattle reportedly is among the teams interested. Count on several others being in play, as well.
---Mark Gaughan

NOT THE DUDE...
07-27-2011, 12:55 PM
SIGN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

psubills62
07-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Would love it if this happened, but I'm certainly not getting my hopes up.

cpearl
07-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Seattle just signed Gallery. They are out. They now have 2 big money tackles (with last years draft pick,Okung). This may help Buffalo.

X-Era
07-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Free got 4 years and 32 mill.

You can expect Clabo to be around that area. RT vs. LT is a difference. But if you think we can get Clabo for 4 mill per your crazy. That discussion probably starts at 6 mill and could easily be 7.

NOT THE DUDE...
07-27-2011, 04:44 PM
GIVE HIM 8 MIL AND GET IT DONE. HE WOULD SOLIDFY THE OLINE

THRILLHO
07-27-2011, 06:21 PM

It is great to see your name authoring a post again. Hope we nail this one down.

NOT THE DUDE...
07-27-2011, 06:45 PM
correct me if im wrong but dont we have to get at least 2 guys like clabo in order to get to 90% cap

X-Era
07-27-2011, 06:47 PM
correct me if im wrong but dont we have to get at least 2 guys like clabo in order to get to 90% capIt's 99% and it's not totally clear. We have to reach a cap floor of 119.2 mill.

X-Era
07-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Seahawks signed Gallery and just landed Sidney Rice.

They are probably out of the Clabo sweepstakes.

Ickybaluky
07-27-2011, 07:08 PM
AJCFalcons - D. Orlando Ledbetter (http://twitter.com/#!/AJCFalcons)
Just talked #Falcons RT Tyson Clabo. He is talking to Buffalo. "It's a possibility. But nobody has agreed to terms or anything."#StayTune

Blame Canada
07-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Seahawks signed Gallery and just landed Sidney Rice.

They are probably out of the Clabo sweepstakes.

I can confirm it will be Buffalo or Atlanta barring a latecomer to the party. Buffalo will have to make the better offer and that still may not be enough. Buffalo does have the cap room to do it if they really want him

X-Era
07-27-2011, 07:14 PM
I can confirm it will be Buffalo or Atlanta barring a latecomer to the party. Buffalo will have to make the better offer and that still may not be enough. Buffalo does have the cap room to do it if they really want himThey wouldn't be in it if they weren't serious IMO. ATL would have just been able to resign him. If we pay under 8 mill per I'm good. And ATL is 13.9 mill under according to this:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6786350/reggie-bush-potential-cap-casualties

Buddo
07-27-2011, 07:40 PM
I can confirm it will be Buffalo or Atlanta barring a latecomer to the party. Buffalo will have to make the better offer and that still may not be enough. Buffalo does have the cap room to do it if they really want him

Good to hear.
Unfotunately, iirc, Clabo isn't a guy who is solely motivated by money.
Don't get me wrong, I don't believe he will undervalue himself, but I do think he's the type of guy who once he gets to a certain amount, will then start considering other aspects.
I think the Bills may have to be a fair bit over the Falcons offer, to entice him away from a situation where he is comfortable.

X-Era
07-27-2011, 07:56 PM
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2011/07/clabo-still-in-play-for-bills.html

bills4ver
07-27-2011, 08:05 PM
We need this guy in the worst way its our worst position by far.

Pay the man LT money if that's what it takes, give him 8m a year if that makes our O-line actually usable

NOT THE DUDE...
07-27-2011, 08:06 PM
with bell healthy, levitre in his 3rd year, wood more natural and healthy at center, all big ten guard urbik and pro bowl rt clabo, thats an awesome oline imo!!!!!!

GET THIS DONE OBD!!!!!!

X-Era
07-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Out of curiosity... Rate Tyson Clabo as a RT in the NFL. Is he top 10? Top 5? Just average?

NOT THE DUDE...
07-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Out of curiosity... Rate Tyson Clabo as a RT in the NFL. Is he top 10? Top 5? Just average?

hes top 10 overall, top 5 run blocking rt:coffee:

Ickybaluky
07-27-2011, 08:27 PM

He is a huge guy who is a road grader in the run game. Undrafted guy who bounced around and had to work himself up where he is right now. He made the Pro Bowl last year, so he can't be terrible.

There are definitely more athletic OT, but the guy is huge and hasn't yet turned 30. I wouldn't pay him LT money, but he is a good starting player who would be a real asset on a team that wants to build their offense around the running game.

X-Era
07-27-2011, 08:28 PM
He is a huge guy who is a road grader in the run game. Undrafted guy who bounced around and had to work himself up where he is right now. He made the Pro Bowl last year, so he can't be terrible.

There are definitely more athletic OT, but the guy is huge and hasn't yet turned 30. I wouldn't pay him LT money, but he is a good starting player who would be a real asset on a team that wants to build their offense around the running game.OK. Top 5? top 10? RT?

Michael82
07-27-2011, 08:29 PM
The question I want to know...can Clabo handle Left Tackle? Because if he gets paid the $7 or 8 million per year that I think it's going to take...I have a feeling that the Bills would move him to Left Tackle and put Bell at RT.

Raptor
07-27-2011, 08:29 PM

Just RT's he's top 5

Run blocking he is top 10 overall, he's a mauler

He's basically Jon Runyan. Maulers in the run game who are both pretty good at pass protection but have some issues with speed rushers

X-Era
07-27-2011, 08:32 PM
The question I want to know...can Clabo handle Left Tackle? Because if he gets paid the $7 or 8 million per year that I think it's going to take...I have a feeling that the Bills would move him to Left Tackle and put Bell at RT.I can answer that. Probably not. Bell is underrated but you really wan t athletes at LT... guys that are light on their feet.

Ickybaluky
07-27-2011, 08:33 PM
The question I want to know...can Clabo handle Left Tackle? Because if he gets paid the $7 or 8 million per year that I think it's going to take...I have a feeling that the Bills would move him to Left Tackle and put Bell at RT.

He probably isn't athletic enough to play LT. Neither him or Sam Baker (their LT) are great pass protectors. He is a very good at getting push in the run game, though.

I think the real underrated guy on that Atlanta OL is Harvey Dahl.

tampabay25690
07-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Contract talks between free agent RT Tyson Clabo and the Bills remain ongoing and appear to be serious.If Clabo wants to play for a contender, he's only doing this for leverage. "It's a possibility. But nobody has agreed to terms or anything," he said. Especially on the offensive line, many pieces have yet to fall into place. Once Clabo or someone like Jermon Bushrod signs, the rest of the OLs will have a starting point. Jul 27, 9:14 PM

Ickybaluky
07-27-2011, 08:37 PM
OK. Top 5? top 10? RT?

I don't know. He isn't that kind of athlete, but not every top OT is a great athlete. He is a guy who can be real good in certain schemes. He is a very good player on a running team that does a lot of drive blocking. He isn't a guy who is going to lead a sweep, but he can lock up on a guy and muscle him. He is huge. He isn't as good at the finesse stuff, so he wouldn't be as good a fit on a team like Indy, where they want more athletic OL. Works well in a play-action, power run offense like Atlanta or Oakland.

FlyingDutchman
07-27-2011, 08:43 PM
whats so appealing about Clabo?

Extremebillsfan247
07-27-2011, 08:47 PM
I can answer that. Probably not. Bell is underrated but you really wan t athletes at LT... guys that are light on their feet.Right, that's why Jason Peters worked out so well there, originally a Tight End. As far as Clabo goes, he would be a solid addition to our Oline. There has been talk hovering around him and the Bills for quite awhile now as rumor. If they land him, our Oline would be just about set. JMO

Ickybaluky
07-27-2011, 08:48 PM

The guy is a real good player at RT and is probably a very safe signing. He hasn't turned 30 yet and has the kind of work ethic that even after getting the money he will keep working. You don't go wrong spending money on that type of guy because you know what you are getting.

People worry too much about what these guys make. You don't get into cap trouble paying good players a lot of money. You get into trouble when you pay that kind of money to someone who isn't that good. With Clabo, you know what you are getting, and he is one of the top drive blockers in the NFL.

Even if he is "overpaid" a little, you are getting a good player who is a real upgrade for Buffalo. I think it would be a hell of a signing.

X-Era
07-27-2011, 08:49 PM
The guy is a real good player at RT and is probably a very safe signing. He hasn't turned 30 yet and has the kind of work ethic that even after getting the money he will keep working. You don't go wrong spending money on that type of guy because you know what you are getting.

People worry too much about what these guys make. You don't get into cap trouble paying good players a lot of money. You get into trouble when you pay that kind of money to someone who isn't that good. With Clabo, you know what you are getting, and he is one of the top drive blockers in the NFL.

Even if he is "overpaid" a little, you are getting a good player who is a real upgrade for Buffalo. I think it would be a hell of a signing.Well it's far from done but I'm hopeful.

psubills62
07-27-2011, 09:08 PM

Even if he is "overpaid" a little, you are getting a good player who is a real upgrade for Buffalo. I think it would be a hell of a signing.
Still don't think he comes to Buffalo, but you're spot on.

THRILLHO
07-27-2011, 09:13 PM

He is better than anyone else we have.

psubills62
07-27-2011, 09:31 PM
By the way, I thought I read somewhere that Clabo played LT for the Falcons last year...is that true or am I remembering incorrectly? Has he been an RT for most/all of his career?

tampabay25690
07-27-2011, 09:32 PM
By the way, I thought I read somewhere that Clabo played LT for the Falcons last year...is that true or am I remembering incorrectly? Has he been an RT for most/all of his career?

Started Guard then moved to RT if I am correct...

Philagape
07-27-2011, 09:32 PM
He's probably just using the Bills for leverage

Bert102176
07-27-2011, 09:39 PM
he won't sign here cause players know our ownership and front office suck, who know's when Ralph will kick it then what happens to the team, why would any good FA wanna play for a team that it's future is in question.

Philagape
07-27-2011, 09:44 PM
he won't sign here cause players know our ownership and front office suck, who know's when Ralph will kick it then what happens to the team, why would any good FA wanna play for a team that it's future is in question.

Especially when the alternative is a team that may go to the Super Bowl and where you're already settled

CAbills
07-27-2011, 09:47 PM
I would love Wood to center, Dahl and Clabo to play the right side from the Falcons.

Ickybaluky
07-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Started Guard then moved to RT if I am correct...

Yeah. He played G in college and came in the NFL at that position. He bounced around on a few practice squads and played in NFL Europe. Finally worked his way into the starting lineup at RG. He didn't spend a lot of time there and has been at RT the last few years. He has teamed with Harvey Dahl (also a FA) to really provide push for the run game. A couple of road graders.

He hasn't played LT in Atlanta, Sam Baker is the LT. When Baker was hurt, Will Svitek filled in at LT.

methos4ever
07-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Think of it this way - should (hopefully when) they sign him, you have a 4-5 year contract that will have him start at right tackle at minimum a year and then can move to RG where he can truly shine should Hairston develop correctly.

And at whatever he's making at Guard, it will be a deal compared to what guards will be making in 2 years.

better days
07-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Think of it this way - should (hopefully when) they sign him, you have a 4-5 year contract that will have him start at right tackle at minimum a year and then can move to RG where he can truly shine should Hairston develop correctly.

And at whatever he's making at Guard, it will be a deal compared to what guards will be making in 2 years.

Or what Dockery was paid by the Bills.

X-Era
07-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Rumors on twitter that he is leaning Bills...

tampabay25690
07-28-2011, 03:12 PM

GOOD............What salary you thinking????

$7 mill per?:nervous:

X-Era
07-28-2011, 03:12 PM

$7 mill per?:nervous:I think it will be more... could be 8 or even 9. He's very highly thought of.

Demon
07-28-2011, 03:16 PM

Anyone credible ?

Blame Canada

$7 mill per?:nervous:
More than seven Per

DrGraves
If this deal could get done I think our offense would be... decent!!!!

Bulldog
07-28-2011, 03:17 PM
More than seven Per

Do you have any additional info on this?

X-Era
07-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Anyone credible ?At this point no.

ATL has a rumor guy that has been right before that's saying he's leaning toward Buff and will make a choice today.

ddaryl
07-28-2011, 03:20 PM
It's starting to look a lot like Xmas

Blame Canada
07-28-2011, 03:21 PM
At this point no.

ATL has a rumor guy that has been right before that's saying he's leaning toward Buff and will make a choice today.
What is his twitter handle?

X-Era
07-28-2011, 03:22 PM
What is his twitter handle? @incarceratedbob (http://twitter.com/#%21/incarceratedbob) But his tweets are protected to confirmed followers.

Lone Stranger
07-28-2011, 03:23 PM
The only way we are going to get him is by substantially outbidding the Falcons. Who knows what's going on right now? I think 7m minimum, more likely plus.

Demon
07-28-2011, 03:24 PM
@incarceratedbob (http://twitter.com/#%21/incarceratedbob) But his tweets are protected to confirmed followers.

Isn't he from NYC?

X-Era
07-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Isn't he from NYC?No clue. Only that ATL fans pay attention to him it seems.

madness
07-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Oh crap, Bob is almost never wrong!

BuffaloBlitz83
07-28-2011, 03:28 PM
From Bob: **UPDATED FA NEWS**Source: Clabo seems like he will make choice today & i am hearing whispers he will choose the Bills (Falcons still alive)

BillsWin
07-28-2011, 03:30 PM
huge pick up if its true.

Demon
07-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Oh crap, Bob is almost never wrong!

He once laughed at the Sabres (post Pegula) and i said something like times have changed with ownership and we are heading towards some good days and he told me sabres will NEVER spend. I argued, then he said Pegula isn't a top 10 richest owners in NHL so i called him out on it and we argued more, then he blocked me. lol

NOT THE DUDE...
07-28-2011, 03:36 PM
cbs saying bills favorite to land clabo!!!!!!! get it done!!!!!!!!!!!

ddaryl
07-28-2011, 03:37 PM
http://boston.cbslocal.com/NFL-free-agency-tracker/

Bills in the lead according to this tracker

Blame Canada
07-28-2011, 03:37 PM
Hearing it's decision time. Should be done tonight. Bills favorite barring last minute change of mind or Atlanta upping offer.

WeAreArthurMoates
07-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Hearing it's decision time. Should be done tonight. Bills favorite barring last minute change of mind or Atlanta upping offer.

Blame you just got me pumped, fingers crossed bills fans.

X-Era
07-28-2011, 03:42 PM
This rumor says we got him:

http://twitter.com/#!/NJPanthers12/status/96681292720119808

"Actually Clabo to be announced soon it is done. GOOD DAY FOR BUFFALO"

Need something more legit before I believe it's done.

BuffaloBillsStampede
07-28-2011, 03:42 PM
The @Atlanta_Sports twitter feed tweeted

"It sounds like Tyson Clabo is going to the Bills. Atlanta will have one last chance to match their offer."

mayotm
07-28-2011, 03:43 PM
It would be a great signing. Perhaps, just perhaps, it would also calm down some of the pissing and moaning that has taken place around here the past two days. Oh hell, who am I kidding.

X-Era
07-28-2011, 03:43 PM
It seems to be building that we landed him:

http://www.queencitysports.biz/uncategorized/ot-tyson-clabo-decides-on-bills

SquishDaFish
07-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Already a thread on this

Philagape
NOW free agency can begin.

NOT THE DUDE...
please please be true, get this done!!!!!!!

X-Era
07-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Merged.

BuffaloBlitz83
07-28-2011, 03:48 PM
epic if true

NOT THE DUDE...
07-28-2011, 03:48 PM
bb.com says 5 yrs 83 mil, 60 mil guaranteed

wmoz11
07-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Would be one of the best signings (quality of player for need position) in the NFL so far this offseason.

X-Era
bb.com says 5 yrs 83 mil, 60 mil guaranteedBuffalo bills.com? Nevermind... when I read the contract I immediately knew it was crap.

BuffaloBillsStampede
@NJPanthers12 Tweeted

"Actually Clabo to be announced soon it is done. GOOD DAY FOR BUFFALO"

9 mins ago

psubills62
07-28-2011, 03:51 PM
16.6 mil per season with 60 mil guaranteed? Sounds about right for bb.com.

DesertFox24
07-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Buffalo bills.com?

If that is not a joke. WOW that is more than the highest paid LT and he is a RT.

That being said what do we care we are fans and it is not our money.

If it is true though this could be the move that makes our OL legit. Looking at the brad smith highlights he likes to run off RT and with a pro bowl RT that would be awesome.

X-Era
07-28-2011, 03:53 PM
If that is not a joke. WOW that is more than the highest paid LT and he is a RT.

If it is true though this could be the move that makes our OL legit. Looking at the brad smith highlights he likes to run off RT and with a pro bowl RT that would be awesome.Zero chance IMO. He won't get more than 10 per and I think it will be 8. Free signed for 4 years 32 mill with 17 mill guaranteed. That's around what were talking.

Blame Canada
07-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Not accurate

Dr. Lecter
07-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Not accurate
That should be placed after every MDP post.

X-Era
07-28-2011, 03:57 PM
http://boston.cbslocal.com/NFL-free-agency-tracker/

This says Bills have offered substantially more. If that's the case we will land him IMO.

CAbills
07-28-2011, 03:57 PM
joke post

DrGraves
07-28-2011, 03:58 PM
there is a reason people belong to this site and not bb.com

mysticsoto
07-28-2011, 03:59 PM
If we get Clabo, I will be very impressed with this FO putting focus on both the D and O line...and getting quality players!

They'll certainly go up a notch in my book!!!

X-Era
07-28-2011, 04:00 PM
If we get Clabo, I will be very impressed with this FO putting focus on both the D and O line...and getting quality players!

They'll certainly go up a notch in my book!!!This would be a significant upgrade and a serious signing.

HAMMER
07-28-2011, 04:02 PM

If it is true though this could be the move that makes our OL legit. Looking at the brad smith highlights he likes to run off RT and with a pro bowl RT that would be awesome.

Come on dude! I have a bridge for sale.

Novacane
07-28-2011, 04:04 PM

Get out of here. We are not giving him 16 mill per year lol.

tampabay25690
Not accurate

U think......................HOLLY SHIY

Blame hear anything more about Zach Miller

THATHURMANATOR
I will believe this signing when it is officially announced. We have been burned too many times with these dumbass rumors.

X-Era
I will believe this signing when it is officially announced. We have been burned too many times with these dumbass rumors.Sound move on your part.

Raptor
I will believe this signing when it is officially announced. We have been burned too many times with these dumbass rumors.

Ill believe it tomorrow when his name is on a contract at 6pm

Michael82
07-28-2011, 04:07 PM
NJPanthers12 (http://twitter.com/#!/NJPanthers12) NJPanthers12

Ok leaving the office this is what I have. Clabo to the Bill 100% done announced tonight. Croamartie waiting for Jets to sign Aso and he

3 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#!/NJPanthers12/status/96687144562724864)

Michael82
07-28-2011, 04:08 PM
U think......................HOLLY SHIY

Blame hear anything more about Zach Miller

I was wondering if maybe Zach already agreed to stay with the Raiders and thats why it's been so quiet reguarding him...

BuffaloBillsStampede
07-28-2011, 04:08 PM
@NJPanthers12 (http://twitter.com/#%21/NJPanthers12)

"Ok leaving the office this is what I have. Clabo to the Bill 100% done announced tonight."

Just tweeted lets hope this is true!!!

mayotm
07-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Anybody know anything about NJPanthers12? Is he legit?

DrGraves
07-28-2011, 04:09 PM
who is njpanthers?

Patti120
07-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Git er done Marv!

HAMMER
07-28-2011, 04:12 PM
who is njpanthers?

Probably the NJ version of The Moran or DB.

MidnightVoice
07-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Wikipedia says he has signed with the Sabres :D

Tyson Clabo (born October 17, 1981) is an American football offensive lineman who has recently signed with the Buffalo Sabres. Clabo announced the change of sports after Terry Pegula and his wife, Kim, flew to Clabo's home to make a personal pitch on why he should make his new home "Hockey Heaven.". He was originally signed by the Denver Broncos as an undrafted free agent in 2004. He played college football at Wake Forest.

Clabo originally signed with Denver as an undrafted rookie free agent. Waived by the Broncos, he then signed with the New York Giants as a practice squad member. Clabo eventually was signed to the Falcons practice squad in September 2005 and re-signed by the Falcons team in January 2006.

Michael82
07-28-2011, 04:14 PM
who is njpanthers?

I read about him on a Panthers board. It sounds like he is their version of "Blame Canada"

DrGraves
07-28-2011, 04:16 PM
I read about him on a Panthers board. It sounds like he is their version of "Blame Canada"

lol fair enough... i dont know blame canada but he/she seems like they know what they're talking about

NOT THE DUDE...
07-28-2011, 04:20 PM
atlanta sports radio says he accepted bills offer

psubills62
07-28-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm with Thurm - only going to believe this when he shows up for TC.

Novacane
07-28-2011, 04:24 PM
atlanta sports radio says he accepted bills offer

Of course he has. What fool is going to turn down 5 years 83 million :up:

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2011, 04:26 PM
WGR had a report up that he was signed then took it down. I am arguing with Joe Busgaglia on Twitter about it.

BillsWin
07-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Waiting... waiting... watching.... waiting...

BillsWin
07-28-2011, 04:31 PM
son.... of..... a...... *****.

Novacane
07-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Just when people were starting to step away from the ledge :rofl:

DrGraves
07-28-2011, 04:33 PM
phew. i almost crapped myself looking at that...

Novacane
07-28-2011, 04:34 PM
That article was dated the 25th.

Good catch :phew: Cancel suicide watch.

EDS
07-28-2011, 04:34 PM
What happened to Blame Canada's erroneous post?

better days
07-28-2011, 04:35 PM
This would be a significant upgrade and a serious signing.

Nice to see you swing back to the positive side. We have Op for the negative point of view, don't crowd him.

DrGraves
07-28-2011, 04:36 PM
What happened to Blame Canada's erroneous post?

it was an old article.

Novacane
07-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Since the link was removed here it is for those who don't know what we are talking about

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2011/7/25/2293040/falcons-will-re-sign-tyson-clabo-may-lose-stephen-nicholas

Blame Canada
07-28-2011, 04:37 PM
I realized it was old right after I posted. No new updates on my end

Blame Canada
07-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Fake tweets are out there from schefter and Clayton giving me a heart attack

BertSquirtgum
07-28-2011, 04:48 PM
NJPanthers12 (http://twitter.com/#!/NJPanthers12) NJPanthers12

Ok leaving the office this is what I have. Clabo to the Bill 100% done announced tonight. Croamartie waiting for Jets to sign Aso and he

3 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#!/NJPanthers12/status/96687144562724864)

please, please, please be true.

NOT THE DUDE...
listening to atlanta sports radio 680 for updates.

WeAreArthurMoates
This is freaking intense, I just want to leave work, 20 mins to go.

DraftBoy
07-28-2011, 05:08 PM
Probably the NJ version of The Moran or DB.

What have I done to be part of that esteemed group?

tampabay25690
07-28-2011, 05:32 PM
What have I done to be part of that esteemed group?

HA HA HA

Slim
07-28-2011, 05:36 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/nfldraftupdate

Says:
nfldraftupdate Dion Caputi
Source on the Tyson Clabo to #Bills agreement is a little murky, but monitor the situation.
11 minutes ago
»
Dion Caputi
A report that #Falcons free agent OT Tyson Clabo chooses #Bills. Team offered more money & #ATL will not change their stance. Update to come
12 minutes ago

Not sure how credible he is.

B-DON
07-28-2011, 05:39 PM
ahhh, gotta love twitter and all these fly by the night sports journalists.....smh

Blame Canada
07-28-2011, 05:42 PM
This is getting fishier by the minute. Not sure what to think

wmoz11
07-28-2011, 05:43 PM
This is going to end in heartbreak, I'm sure.

Slim
07-28-2011, 05:44 PM
This is getting fishier by the minute. Not sure what to think

It seems like if there was any fire to this smoke we would have heard about it through a credible source. I feel like Clabo was using the Bills as leverage.

Philagape
07-28-2011, 05:44 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/nfldraftupdate

Says:
Source on the Tyson Clabo to #Bills agreement is a little murky, but monitor the situation.
11 minutes ago
»
Dion Caputi
A report that #Falcons free agent OT Tyson Clabo chooses #Bills. Team offered more money & #ATL will not change their stance. Update to come
12 minutes ago

Not sure how credible he is.

I suspect he's getting it off queencitysports.biz

jdbillsfan
07-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Another Twitter source is saying Clabo to Atlanta, 6 years 75 million.

Slim
07-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Another Twitter source is saying Clabo to Atlanta, 6 years 75 million.

Not a chance in hell a RT gets that kind of money.

mikemac2001
Not a chance in hell a RT gets that kind of money.

for that money they can have him

jdbillsfan
http://twitter.com/#!/RevOlDarcyMD

Philagape
07-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Twitter source

oxymoron

NOT THE DUDE...
07-28-2011, 05:58 PM
atlanta sports radio 790 the zone said rumors are true that clabo is probably going to bills, just heard it...

wmoz11
07-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Funny, because the latest twitter "source" posted said on 790 they were saying that he re-signed for 6 years and 75M. Lot of crap out there.

BuffaloBlitz83
07-28-2011, 05:59 PM

That douche posted fake tweets from clayton and shefter unless they deleted their origal tweets

Slim
07-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Funny, because the latest twitter "source" posted said on 790 they were saying that he re-signed for 6 years and 75M. Lot of crap out there.

If Jesus Christ himself came down from heaven to play RT for the Buffalo Bills I wouldn't pay him that kind of money.

T-Long
07-28-2011, 06:01 PM
the guy is a fake. He is posting fake comments from Schefter and Clayton

methos4ever
07-28-2011, 06:02 PM
That guy is not only making stuff up, he's making up fake timeline posts for guys like Clayton on ESPN. Wouldn't trust him.

jdbillsfan
07-28-2011, 06:08 PM
Sorry guys. I just posted what I found....Glad it seems fake and unreliable.

Philagape
07-28-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm learning this twitter crap too. Hated it before, still hate it

Demon
07-28-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm learning this twitter crap too. Hated it before, still hate it

Read this story: http://jasonschreier.com/2011/07/27/twitter-killing-journalism/

Blame Canada
07-28-2011, 06:44 PM
I don't think we are gonna get any news tonight guys

Demon
07-28-2011, 06:46 PM

Do you still like our chances or is this getting less likely ?

wmoz11
07-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Just talked to Tyson Clabo. He said. "We're still talking, D. Led. I'll definitely no something tomorrow."

Falcons beat writer, I think.

Ickybaluky
07-28-2011, 06:48 PM

Looks like you are right:

LINK (http://twitter.com/#!/AJCFalcons)

AJCFalcons D. Orlando Ledbetter
Just talked to Tyson Clabo. He said. "We're still talking, D. Led. I'll definitely no something tomorrow."

Blame Canada
07-28-2011, 06:49 PM
Do you still like our chances or is this getting less likely ?
Still Alive but less likely. I got the impression the bills thought this was done. Now it's going into tomorrow

Michael82
07-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Aw man. That really sucks. Sounds like he really doesn't want to come here and is giving the Falcons every chance to match or come close to the Bills offer.

Philagape
07-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Longer it goes, worse it gets for the Bills I think

scartown
07-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Yea it looks like we will find out tomorrow

https://twitter.com/#!/AJCFalcons/status/96727254947741696

ChristopherWalken
07-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Hes obviously using the Bills as leverage. IMO, for this to happen, the Bills need to make it impossible for Falcons to counter.

elltrain22
07-28-2011, 07:11 PM
It's pretty clear to me. Buffalo's offer is substantially better, but, he loves Atlanta, and wants to give them every opportunity to up their offer. Atlanta seems dead set on not out bidding us, but who knows, they may change their mind and up their offer, and we're SOL. I honestly think, in the end, he's gonna be a Buffalo Bill. If this is the case, this is the best FA signing since Takeo Spikes.

DrGraves
07-28-2011, 07:20 PM
blah.. i was really hoping to have an answer today. no its just another day without improving the team while everyone else around us does..

elltrain22
07-28-2011, 07:20 PM
It's pretty clear to me. Buffalo's offer is substantially better, but, he loves Atlanta, and wants to give them every opportunity to up their offer. Atlanta seems dead set on not out bidding us, but who knows, they may change their mind and up their offer, and we're SOL. I honestly think, in the end, he's gonna be a Buffalo Bill. If this is the case, this is the best FA signing since Takeo Spikes.

With that said, just in case I'm wrong (or right), I'll be checking twitter all night long!!!

superbills
07-28-2011, 07:27 PM
Aw man. That really sucks. Sounds like he really doesn't want to come here and is giving the Falcons every chance to match or come close to the Bills offer.

I wouldn't read it as "he doesn't want to come here" but I've heard that he loves Atlanta, loves the team, and would love it if the team matched the Bills offer. Can't fault a guy for wanting to stay "in his comfort zone" while playing for a team that may have a shot at a title sooner rather than later. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll be devastated if he has to live in Buffalo though.

DrGraves
07-28-2011, 07:28 PM
a real organization would step up their offer to draw him away from atlanta. i hope the bills realize they need to too.

Jan Reimers
07-28-2011, 07:31 PM
a real organization would step up their offer to draw him away from atlanta. i hope the bills realize they need to too.
Don't forget, it takes two to tango, too.

camelcowboy
07-28-2011, 07:43 PM
Don't forget, it takes two to tango, too.just means the bills need to get their date a little more drunk.

The Spaz
07-28-2011, 07:49 PM
To ATL...next!!!!

wmoz11
07-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Schefter says reached agreement with Falcons. ****.

Blame Canada
07-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Re signed with falcons

jmb1099
07-28-2011, 07:51 PM
ugh

superbills
07-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Son of a ****!!!! Mikey, I take back what I said. We're hated I tell you!

X-Era
07-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Colon, Clabo, Trueblood are all signed... and Doug Free.

wmoz11
07-28-2011, 07:53 PM
People should spam this **** out of those twitter accounts claiming it was 100% done to Buffalo. ****ing low-lifes.

X-Era
07-28-2011, 07:54 PM
If I'm right there is still Gaither, Ryan Harris, and Matt Light.

I'd like Light out of that list.

The Spaz
People should spam this **** out of those twitter accounts claiming it was 100% done to Buffalo. ****ing low-lifes.

Have to question the people who thought they were actually legitimate.

DrGraves
is it hockey season yet?

Luisito23
07-28-2011, 07:56 PM
Of course he resigned with Atl...

But hey. we got the envy of the league Brad Smith...LOL what a joke.

Dr. Lecter
07-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Calm down Lecter
It is not that bad Lecter.
Don't worry Lecter.

**** all of ya'!

tampabay25690
07-28-2011, 07:57 PM
WOW that sucks

superbills
07-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Face it. We're the Detroit of our division. We're going to have to dig our way out of this. No one is going to come here and pull us out.

Bulldog
07-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Bet he stayed in Atlanta for less money. This team is pretty much ****ed. Not just because we lost out on Clabo, but the entire league views this franchise as a joke. It's going to take a lot of Luck to change that perception. ****!

wmoz11
07-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Have to question the people who thought they were actually legitimate.

I think people definitely didn't think they were legit, but they added a lot of smoke.

Luisito23
07-28-2011, 08:00 PM
We're going to have to dig our way out of this.

Give it another decade, or two, and we'll hit that .500 goal for sure.

tampabay25690
07-28-2011, 08:02 PM
I guess thats why Buddy says we need to build through the draft..........
If you are drafted you will go...
If you are a FA you won't....
This sucks........

BertSquirtgum
07-28-2011, 08:05 PM
**** MY LIFE. I hope clabo has his leg snapped in half this year.

psubills62
07-28-2011, 08:13 PM
I hate being the leverage team.

It was still fairly obvious that was what was happening. People shouldn't have gotten their hopes up. Let's just hope the Bills have interest in some of the remaining OT's on the market.

Dr. Lecter
07-28-2011, 08:17 PM
It is like being the guy that the chick lets buy her drinks to make her boyfriend jealous. Not only do you not get the girl, her freakin' hulk of a boyfriend might punch your lights out.

Mindbender
07-28-2011, 08:21 PM
yea, that sucks. Close to joining you on that ledge lecter.

Dr. Lecter
07-28-2011, 08:28 PM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BzIwRpFDZ8I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I dedicate this to the Buffalo Bills.

X-Era
07-28-2011, 08:30 PM
It is like being the guy that the chick lets buy her drinks to make her boyfriend jealous. Not only do you not get the girl, her freakin' hulk of a boyfriend might punch your lights out.I can play that game:

It's like standing in line, naked, and being told "the show is over" before
you would have been the 300th guy in a row to bang the fat chick
with clymidia in a low budget porno.

Michael82
07-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Son of a *****! Damn it! I really was getting excited and thinking we were going to get him. :mad: :curse:

NOT THE DUDE...
07-28-2011, 09:03 PM
is ryan harris or a jared gaither with back problems really better than erik pears and chris hairston?? i think we should spend the rest of our money on dline and lbs

Luisito23
07-28-2011, 09:07 PM
i think we should spend the rest of our money on dline and lbs

LB's I agree, but there's no way they sign any other DL.

NOT THE DUDE...
07-28-2011, 09:09 PM
LB's I agree, but there's no way they sign any other DL.

why not? spencer johnson is avg at best? lets get marcus spears and move edwards to backup 5tech

Johnny Bugmenot
07-28-2011, 09:12 PM
is ryan harris or a jared gaither with back problems really better than erik pears and chris hairston?? i think we should spend the rest of our money on dline and lbs
Yes. Heck, Hairston's a rookie and Pears couldn't beat Cornell ****ing Green for a position.