PDA

View Full Version : Bills interested in Jason Babin

Blame Canada
07-27-2011, 12:59 PM
apparently Bills are one of five teams that are interested in OLB/DE Jason Babin

NOT THE DUDE...
07-27-2011, 01:01 PM
WAIT, if we sign him, what happens to kelsay? bye bye??

Slim
07-27-2011, 01:02 PM
He would be an interesting player. Don't think he ever play OLB before. Had a monster year last year.

CAbills
07-27-2011, 01:05 PM
I rather get players who play the position, then seeing if he can do it on the Bills.

Blame Canada
07-27-2011, 01:10 PM
I don't think Babin is likely to come to fruition but there is some interest. Just heard something very interesting regarding someone on the other side of the football. Don't wanna put it out there quite yet though

justasportsfan
07-27-2011, 01:12 PM
I don't think Babin is likely to come to fruition but there is some interest. Just heard something very interesting regarding someone on the other side of the football. Don't wanna put it out there quite yet though
booo! Then why even tease us?

gggbills
07-27-2011, 01:12 PM

Come on, throw us a bone!!

B-DON
07-27-2011, 01:13 PM
Ahh cmon Canada. Don't leave us hanging like that lol

Slim
07-27-2011, 01:13 PM

It's not like its going to hurt your credibility around here. You've always been right on the money.

Blame Canada
07-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Come on, throw us a bone!!

sorry i shouldn't have said anything. not positive that it's true yet. however people are underestimating buddy nix's intelligence if you really think he's not trying at all.

justasportsfan
07-27-2011, 01:15 PM
not positive that it's true yet. .
like someone said, we won't take it against you. We'll blame Moran if it doesn't become true.

B-DON
07-27-2011, 01:16 PM
sorry i shouldn't have said anything. not positive that it's true yet. however people are underestimating buddy nix's intelligence if you really think he's not trying at all.

I'm sure it's not easy to convince any free agents to come play here with out overpaying for them

OpIv37
07-27-2011, 01:21 PM

If this is Buddy Nix trying, I'm not impressed. And I'm sick of Bills fans giving credit for effort. We should only be giving credit for actual results.

NOT THE DUDE...
BLAME CANADA JUST SAY IT!!!!!!!

OpIv37
WAIT, if we sign him, what happens to kelsay? bye bye??

My guess is Maybin gets the boot before Kelsay.

Mski
07-27-2011, 01:22 PM
My guess is Maybin gets the boot before Kelsay.:pray:

Ickybaluky
07-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Babin isn't a 3-4 fit at OLB or DE, although he would be a good fit as a rusher on passing downs, which the Bills (and the Pats) could use.

psubills62
07-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Either way, we appreciate the tips, BC.

I'm glad to see how active Nix and co. are. They sure seem to be picking some tough battles though, going up against Atlanta for Clabo, Pittsburgh and Chicago for Colon, and Tennessee/Philadelphia for Babin. If he can manage to convince any one of those three to come here, I'll be impressed.

gggbills
07-27-2011, 01:23 PM

No worries my friend, and I do think they are trying. I want them to succeed!!

psubills62
07-27-2011, 01:28 PM
If this is Buddy Nix trying, I'm not impressed. And I'm sick of Bills fans giving credit for effort. We should only be giving credit for actual results.
The first step in solving problems is recognizing that you have a problem. The previous regime never seemed to realize they had problems. It seems apparent that this regime does, and isn't yet content with the OL, which they shouldn't be.

Nobody's saying that simply making an effort is a big step, but I do think it's a step in the right direction.

Results aren't going to come right away. Having a baby is a 9 month process, as is this rebuilding they're doing. If they don't make it beyond the first step, then I think we can justifiably criticize them. For now...it's progress.

justasportsfan
07-27-2011, 01:31 PM

Buddy Nix tried to resign a player you didn't want but you got the result you wanted yet you found fault in that.

madness
07-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Bills Free Agency: Jason Babin Says Buffalo's Interested (http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/7/27/2297948/bills-free-agency-jason-babin-rumors)
The Buffalo Bills have been linked to another big-name free agent today, and this time, said linking was done by the player himself. Tennessee Titans defensive end Jason Babin told Jim Wyatt (Tennesseean) that the Bills are one of several teams interested in him.
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/../mt/images/newsicons/bills.gif buffalorumblings.com/Brian Galliford | Posted at 02:43 PM

OpIv37
07-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Buddy Nix tried to resign a player you didn't want but you got the result you wanted yet you found fault in that.

so, you're saying I should give Buddy Nix credit because he tried for the wrong result but got the right one by dumb luck?

Yeah, that ain't gonna happen.

justasportsfan
07-27-2011, 01:54 PM
so, you're saying I should give Buddy Nix credit because he tried for the wrong result but got the right one by dumb luck?

Yeah, that ain't gonna happen.
no and yes . Just saying you find something to whine about/he didn't pay Poz 8 million yet it's his fault that theres a hole. Looks like Nix is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

psubills62
07-27-2011, 02:07 PM
One good thing, IMO, is that the Falcons seem to be at least somewhat interested in a couple of our targets (Babin, Clabo). If I had to choose one guy to evaluate talent, I'd strongly consider Dimitroff.

OpIv37
07-27-2011, 02:28 PM
no and yes . Just saying you find something to whine about/he didn't pay Poz 8 million yet it's his fault that theres a hole. Looks like Nix is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

He's the GM- it is his fault if there's a hole at any position, period.

And there would still be a hole at ILB even if he signed Poz because Poz just isn't that good.

What he should have done is cleaned house of Jauron's trash sooner.

justasportsfan
07-27-2011, 02:33 PM
He's the GM- it is his fault if there's a hole at any position, period.

wrong. It's Jaurons fault. Nix is trying but anyone with common sense knows you can't fill it all in one season.

What he should have done is cleaned house of Jauron's trash sooner.

yeah he should have gotten rid of Stevie, Kyle, Freddie etc.

mikemac2001
07-27-2011, 02:35 PM

they sure axed trent quickly (and u can say they should have in training camp) but trent looked decent in training camp preseason.

justasportsfan
07-27-2011, 02:37 PM
they sure axed trent quickly (and u can say they should have in training camp) but trent looked decent in training camp preseason.
but they have tape so they should've gotten it right ,right away.

OpIv37
07-27-2011, 02:39 PM
wrong. It's Jaurons fault. Nix is trying but anyone with common sense knows you can't fill it all in one season.

Yeah, it's always someone else's fault... the previous coach, the previous GM, some other player on the field.... no one is ever held accountable.

Didn't we just go over this in another thread?

First, no one would consider Steve Johnson or Fred Jackson trash. Jackson has been good for several years now and Johnson never had his chance cuz of injury.

Second, Nix should have been a good enough talent evaluator to know that Kyle Williams would work and Poz and Whitner wouldn't. Hell, I'm just a fan who didn't have a year of working with the team and I got two of those 3 right.

Demon
07-27-2011, 02:50 PM
If blame canada was on twitter, he'd have more followers then credential members of our media... lol

mysticsoto
07-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Yeah, it's always someone else's fault... the previous coach, the previous GM, some other player on the field.... no one is ever held accountable.

Didn't we just go over this in another thread?

First, no one would consider Steve Johnson or Fred Jackson trash. Jackson has been good for several years now and Johnson never had his chance cuz of injury.

Second, Nix should have been a good enough talent evaluator to know that Kyle Williams would work and Poz and Whitner wouldn't. Hell, I'm just a fan who didn't have a year of working with the team and I got two of those 3 right.

Just make sure that if Dareus turns out to be what most people think he will be, you give credit where it is due also.

Of course you won't...you'll just say that was a no-brainer...

justasportsfan
07-27-2011, 03:06 PM

So are you telling us Nix is at fault for drafting Whtiner , Poz and co. which created holes. You're not making any sense anymore.

Buddy has 3 years before he is held accountable.

stuckincincy
07-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Isn't he...psychotic? :whistling

BillsWin
07-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Hearing he is close to signing with Eagles, but Bills among other teams still pursuing him.

McBFLO
07-27-2011, 07:42 PM
C'mon Blame Canada... what's your scoop?!

OpIv37
07-27-2011, 11:07 PM
So are you telling us Nix is at fault for drafting Whtiner , Poz and co. which created holes. You're not making any sense anymore.

Buddy has 3 years before he is held accountable.

Wait, what?

You're saying that Poz is a mistake, but you wanted Nix to re-sign Poz? I'm not the one who isn't making sense.

It makes sense to give Buddy 3 years to turn the team around because of the cluster**** he inherited, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be held accountable for individual decisions.

Blame Canada
07-27-2011, 11:23 PM
If blame canada was on twitter, he'd have more followers then credential members of our media... lol
I am on twitter but no one here knows my true identity.....

Blame Canada
07-27-2011, 11:27 PM
C'mon Blame Canada... what's your scoop?!
I had heard something regarding Zach miller but it has been almost twelve hours and nothing has come of it. I was hesitant to put it out there because I don't like to start rumors. I post some tips i am fortunate to get here because I am a fan as well, not to throw some bogus story on the wall and pray that it sticks

Extremebillsfan247
07-28-2011, 07:42 AM
Hearing he is close to signing with Eagles, but Bills among other teams still pursuing him.I'm hearing similar things on my end.

DrGraves
07-28-2011, 08:08 AM
welp so much for that...

DrGraves
07-28-2011, 08:09 AM
eagles 5 yrs per schefter

EDS
07-28-2011, 08:12 AM
Babin would have been a great addition.

Mindbender
07-28-2011, 08:23 AM
Babin would have been a great addition.

eh, one great season. Don't think he ever played OLB?

Beebe's Kid
07-28-2011, 08:31 AM

Insert evil laugh here...

ublinkwescore
07-28-2011, 08:51 AM
Wait, what?

You're saying that Poz is a mistake, but you wanted Nix to re-sign Poz? I'm not the one who isn't making sense.

It makes sense to give Buddy 3 years to turn the team around because of the cluster**** he inherited, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be held accountable for individual decisions.

is it possible that Nix just threw an almost competitive with Jacksonville contract together knowing that POZ would most likely decline just so he kinda looked like a good guy to POZ. kinda a professional courtesy thing. I don't think we really went after POZ that hard. now he can try to take MJD's head off in training camp every day. I think that's the real reason he went to Jacksonville. I think POZ has a midget phobia.

justasportsfan
07-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Wait, what?

You wanted a result where in Poz would be gone. That result happened. It happened because NIx didn't pay him more than 7 million. Rather than say "thank you Nix for not paying him 7 million which RESULTED in POz leaving which is a result I wanted " you go around and say it's his fault that we have a hole at lber which is crazy talk.

After all the talk you made about , Sheppard could be better blah,blah,blah, now you're telling us that Nix screwed us over for the hole. :rolleyes:

justasportsfan
07-28-2011, 09:36 AM
BTW, the only individual decisions that made me scratch my head was extending Kelsay. Even then, Kelsay got better as the season came along. While I', not holding my breath, maybe he'll get better. Everything else is too early to judge. Every individual move is part of a whole grand scheme of things which he has 3 years .

OpIv37
07-28-2011, 09:43 AM
You wanted a result where in Poz would be gone. That result happened. It happened because NIx didn't pay him more than 7 million. Rather than say "thank you Nix for not paying him 7 million which RESULTED in POz leaving which is a result I wanted " you go around and say it's his fault that we have a hole at lber which is crazy talk.

After all the talk you made about , Sheppard could be better blah,blah,blah, now you're telling us that Nix screwed us over for the hole. :rolleyes:

I didn't say that to complain about what happened with Poz.

I said that to all the people complaining about losing Poz and not having anyone to replace him with. I'm perfectly fine with the situation, but if people don't like it, the finger points right back at Nix.

justasportsfan
07-28-2011, 09:48 AM
the finger points right back at Nix.
I still don't get this,thats like saying Maybin is Nix's fault. If you are saying Nix didn't try to fill that hole, thats what Davis , Batten and now Sheppard is here for. Granted they're not Patrick Willis' but there were no Willis' available last year either.

OpIv37
07-28-2011, 09:52 AM
I still don't get this,thats like saying Maybin is Nix's fault. If you are saying Nix didn't try to fill that hole, thats what Davis , Batten and now Sheppard is here for. Granted they're not Patrick Willis' but there were no Willis' available last year either.

Of course there were no Willis' available.

Every year we go into the off-season with 4 or 5 major holes. And every year, no one is available to fill any of those holes.

That doesn't strike you as just a little bit odd?

mysticsoto
07-28-2011, 09:58 AM

Every year we go into the off-season with 4 or 5 major holes. And every year, no one is available to fill any of those holes.

Not true. We filled holes on our Dline this year. We added younger guys to our secondary which was starting to get old - and could have had a huge hole if Florence had left. We also have people coming back from injuries that looked good previously to our WR corps and ILB. RT is the most pressing need on the team alongside maybe a veteran ILB. We covered our backup QB hole.

The only questionable move we've done, in my opinion, is Spiller. And if he doesn't step it up this year to a higher plane (cuz even avg won't cut it) this is a valid criticism of Nix.

justasportsfan
07-28-2011, 10:04 AM

So tell us, who was available?

If you inherited 10 cars would you get rid of them all without even trying them all out first?

McBFLO
07-28-2011, 10:07 AM
what's your twitter name?

OpIv37
07-28-2011, 10:08 AM
So tell us, who was available?

If you inherited 10 cars would you get rid of them all without even trying them all out first?

Well, I would know that I'm not going to keep 10 cars.

So the first thing I would do would be research the specs on them to find out which ones have the features and performance that I like the best. And then I would take those ones on BRIEF test drives and inspect them to make sure they're in good working order. I'd sell the ones whose specs didn't meet my expectations, or that weren't in good working order.

I wouldn't use them to commute every day for a YEAR before deciding if I wanted them or not- that's for damn sure.

justasportsfan
07-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Well, I would know that I'm not going to keep 10 cars.

So the first thing I would do would be research the specs on them to find out which ones have the features and performance that I like the best. And then I would take those ones on BRIEF test drives and inspect them to make sure they're in good working order. I'd sell the ones whose specs didn't meet my expectations, or that weren't in good working order.

I wouldn't use them to commute every day for a YEAR before deciding if I wanted them or not- that's for damn sure.
exactly, you would test drive them first. Thats what Nix did. Test drove everything he inherited and let his mechanic (Gailey) look through them.