PDA

View Full Version : So apparently Buffalo matched...

Devin
07-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Poz's offer. Just saw a twitter response on bleacherreport from @fitzbeardy (is that fitz account?) that Buffalo did indeed match the offer, he simply chose jacksonville.

Least they tried.

ServoBillieves
07-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Cant handle shedding blockers, needs 4 linemen in front to eat them up. Some players aren't fans of the 34. When the Jags clean coaching house in a few years he'll be right back to an old Fletcher type, tackles 9 yards off the line.

Don't get me wrong, I like Poz a lot and wish him luck, but he went the easier route

WeAreArthurMoates
07-27-2011, 01:22 PM
So glad cause this money can be used on someone like Clabo who deserves it.

OpIv37
07-27-2011, 01:24 PM
So I guess all that crap about wanting to stay in Buffalo from Poz was just BS. Oh well, paying lip service to Buffalo is still better than grabbing his things and going home pouting like Whitner did.

And why are you reporting a Twitter response if you don't even know whose account it is? It could be complete BS.

lightningbolt444
07-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Really dont feel losing Poz will hurt that much TBH

PS: I have been gone for a while but this week is very exciting and has brought me back to the site I kind of wish everything was crammed into a small window every year :)

EDS
07-27-2011, 02:13 PM
Obviously Buddy thought Poz was important to the defense but wasn't able to close the deal.

Forward_Lateral
07-27-2011, 02:16 PM
He's not suited for a 3-4 anyways.

Michael82
07-27-2011, 02:24 PM
That makes me feel better about the Bills. I was pissed that they let him walk because he wanted too much money...but if he basically lied to us fans and told us he wanted to be here just to get more cash, then screw you, Poz!

looks like I gotta go find a new avatar now. :(

mikemac2001
07-27-2011, 02:27 PM
That makes me feel better about the Bills. I was pissed that they let him walk because he wanted too much money...but if he basically lied to us fans and told us he wanted to be here just to get more cash, then screw you, Poz!

maybe he loved buffalo and the bills but had to make a career choice and 3-4 wasnt his best option

BertSquirtgum
07-27-2011, 02:48 PM
guys. poz was not good. the bills will be better off.

Goobylal
07-27-2011, 03:12 PM

I don't know how I feel about this. He's not worth anything close to $7.5M/year and I'm glad he walked, but apparently they matched it meaning they thought he was worth it.

Oh well, go get Kevin Burnett for half the price and upgrade the position.

ChristopherWalken
07-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Curious if this was a 1 for 1 match. They might have met the overall numbers but the logistics of those numbers may have better favored the Jags offer.

Also, I don't think many disagree with the mediocre play the Bills received from Poz, but one thing is for certain and that is thei team really didn't need another hole. At minimum, one hopes that Merriman will be a shell of his former self and fill this new gap.

stuckincincy
07-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Poz's offer. Just saw a twitter response on bleacherreport from @fitzbeardy (is that fitz account?) that Buffalo did indeed match the offer, he simply chose jacksonville.

Least they tried.

Yep. The NFL today is - show biz.

If Poz prefers to ply his trade in another area of the nation, that's fine with me. I understand he got mixed reviews, but he seemed to be a decent young man, and I wish him well.

Danny Duberstein
07-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Whatever.

He was worth trying to keep, because we don't have anybody better. But he isn't good enough to get in a bidding war over. He's average.

mysticsoto
07-27-2011, 03:29 PM
I don't know how I feel about this. He's not worth anything close to $7.5M/year and I'm glad he walked, but apparently they matched it meaning they thought he was worth it.

We don't know details like how much of the offer was guaranteed, etc. Probably not worth worrying about...

justasportsfan
07-27-2011, 03:35 PM
He was worth trying to keep, because we don't have anybody better. But he isn't good enough to get in a bidding war over. He's average.
this is exactly how I feel.

Night Train
07-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Yet local reports state he was offered a 4 year deal for less $$. Whatever.

I know one thing. He's gone and it's time to look forward.

jcdavey
07-27-2011, 04:13 PM
that should make you worry that buffalo matched the offer, then lol

Philagape
07-27-2011, 04:18 PM

Half the price isn't very realistic. Multiple teams are after him

DynaPaul
07-27-2011, 09:14 PM
I look forward to watching the Poz flounder in Jacksonville and then L.A.!

Goobylal
07-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Half the price isn't very realistic. Multiple teams are after him
Yeah, I saw that. Okay, for 33% less.

Bert102176
07-27-2011, 09:29 PM

YEAH they will sign a old almost retired LB, or an often hurt LB, or just a 3rd or 4th string LB to start in his place