PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Who?

DraftBoy
07-27-2011, 08:45 PM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2011/07/fa-profile-qb-trevor-harris/

t hasn’t been the easiest two days for Bills fans thus far in this post-lockout offseason. First we had our hopes dashed on possibly landing big name UDFA’s; LB Mario Harvey and WR Dane Sanzenbacher, and then the big blow came when we lost veteran ILB Paul Pozluosny. Some faith has been restored with the Bills adding veteran QB Tyler Thigpen to the mix and then earlier today when CB Drayton Florence officially announced he had re-signed with the team. Bills Nation however is still uneasy as we move forward in this new CBA world.

tampabay25690
07-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Good job DB

ZAZusmc03
07-27-2011, 08:49 PM
Good read, DB. Greatly appreciated

Boomstick
07-27-2011, 08:53 PM
I've watched him play about 6 or 8 times... he really did shine against his competition. tho look at the competition it was against

k-oneputt
07-27-2011, 09:00 PM
I've watched him play about 6 or 8 times... he really did shine against his competition. tho look at the competition it was against

That's the kicker. DB doesn't look at competition. He thinks the D-2 players are as good as the SEC players. There is a reason they are playing D-2 for the most part.
Training camp arm.

DraftBoy
07-27-2011, 09:04 PM
That's the kicker. DB doesn't look at competition. He thinks the D-2 players are as good as the SEC players. There is a reason they are playing D-2 for the most part.
Training camp arm.

Please don't tell me what I do and don't do when it comes to scouting.

You accusation is both baseless and false. If you don't think he's got a shot, that's fair but dont crap on others because they want to know more about the kid.

DraftBoy
07-27-2011, 09:06 PM

Absolutely but the PSAC is one of the top D2 conferences and in the cactus bowl against fellow DII All-Americans and all-stars he went 10 of 13. As a good player your job he should rise up and dominate his competition. He's done that at his level.

k-oneputt
07-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Nothing to do with others or this kid. Just our views on college talent.

Boomstick
07-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Absolutely but the PSAC is one of the top D2 conferences and in the cactus bowl against fellow DII All-Americans and all-stars he went 10 of 13. As a good player your job he should rise up and dominate his competition. He's done that at his level.

Oh yeah I agree with you there... PSAC is a great D2 conference. I was only pointing out that its not D1 level. But hey my knock on PSAC is that 10 years ago I was scouted to play for Edinboro so their standards were low! lol
No but in all seriousness, the kid is a real competitor and can make some plays. I'm rooting for him to make the team

k-oneputt
07-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Same here, that's why I know 99.9 % of them can't sniff the jock strap of a 3rd stringer from Oklahoma.

Boomstick
07-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Same here, that's why I know 99.9 % of them can't sniff the jock strap of a 3rd stringer from Oklahoma.
Alot of them yeah... but this kid, actually if you'd seen him play you'd know that he'd without question be a back up qb on any D1 team without being familiar with the system... Kid can make plays. Depending on the system he'd most likely would have started in them. Now, how he would have performed, don't know.

Johnny Bugmenot
07-27-2011, 09:24 PM
The same reason Levi Brown was initially released last year is the same reason why Trevor Harris will meet the same fate. He's a rookie and the fourth QB to sign onto a three-QB team. At least Brown, as horrendous as he looked as a rookie especially in preseason, has a year under his belt, and you have to give him the edge. Would it be possible for Harris to outplay Brown? Certainly. However, incumbency is against him.

Camp fodder.

DraftBoy
07-27-2011, 09:45 PM
The same reason Levi Brown was initially released last year is the same reason why Trevor Harris will meet the same fate. He's a rookie and the fourth QB to sign onto a three-QB team. At least Brown, as horrendous as he looked as a rookie especially in preseason, has a year under his belt, and you have to give him the edge. Would it be possible for Harris to outplay Brown? Certainly. However, incumbency is against him.

Camp fodder.

Absolutely could happen. However having seen the kid play and having spoken to people about him (last year), I know he is highly regarded and many think he could make it. How far can he make it? Who knows but he's got a lot of things you look for in a QB.

Beebe's Kid
07-28-2011, 08:26 AM
I didn't realize so many people watched Edinboro games.

I think it's funny that DB says it will be interesting to see what the guy can do, and a bunch of do nothing, know nothing, pro scouts weigh in on why he won't amount to anything.

The kid played at Edin ****ing Boro. He probably won't make it. The odds are not exactly in his favor, but to pretend you know more than that is laughable.

It's good to have football back!

k-oneputt
07-28-2011, 08:39 AM
When he makes it I'll write his name down next to all those other Edinboro players in the NFL.

Camp arm.

superbills
07-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Don't knock Edinborough...we used to say the same about Kutztown St. back in the day yes? :up:

superbills
07-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Also, regardless of who he is or where he's from, I can appreciate someone taking the time to do a solid write-up on these guys that fly under the radar insofar as Bills pickups are concerned. Nicely done DB!

DraftBoy
07-28-2011, 10:24 AM
I didn't realize so many people watched Edinboro games.

I think it's funny that DB says it will be interesting to see what the guy can do, and a bunch of do nothing, know nothing, pro scouts weigh in on why he won't amount to anything.

The kid played at Edin ****ing Boro. He probably won't make it. The odds are not exactly in his favor, but to pretend you know more than that is laughable.

It's good to have football back!

I know a lot more than that. Please don't get it twisted, I never said he'd make the team and I never said he'd become a starter. I said I believe based on my evaluation of his play and our current situation that he presents a real challenge for the #3 QB spot.

Look at his Scouts, Inc profile if you think Im wrong on the kid. They echo many of my own evaluations.

Simply saying well a kid went to school Z therefor he's not worth our time is pointless. There are countless examples on this team and others of kids coming from schools that don't have rich traditions yet produce one or two talented kids from time to time.

To say he has no shot at making the roster despite never having seen him play make no sense. With a team this bad every player has a shot.

ddaryl
07-28-2011, 10:30 AM
I think he is destined for the practice squad this year, and to see if they can develop him over the next year...

and why the **** not......

alohabillsfan
07-28-2011, 10:51 AM
I hope he earned a decent degree.