PDA

View Full Version : Miami Dolphins

better days
07-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Well, it looks like Miami will trade for yet another journeyman QB.........Kyle Orton. Is there a team in the NFL that has traded for more mediocre QB's than Miami?

TrEd FTW
07-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Should Bills fans really be talking **** about another team's awful QB situation?

justasportsfan
07-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Orton is better than Henne. They just upgraded their qb situation

Ickybaluky
07-27-2011, 10:24 PM
I like Orton, he is a pretty good QB and a big upgrade from Henne.

He is one of those guys that people are always looking at what he can't do and they don't look at what he can get done. He doesn't have the big arm and isn't as accurate as you would like, but at the end of the day he has played well and helped his teams win.

Orton isn't the type of guy you would build your team around, but he is a good option for a team that doesn't yet have their franchise guy. I like him more than Fitzpatrick.

BLeonard
07-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Well, it looks like Miami will trade for yet another journeyman QB.........Kyle Orton. Is there a team in the NFL that has traded for more mediocre QB's than Miami?

So, the Bills signing the Dolphins' backup QB (the guy that couldn't beat out Chad Henne) and that's a good move, while the Dolphins then go out and UPGRADE the position and that's a BAD move... Got it.

I'm not gonna start talking trash about Miami until we can actually finish ahead of them in the standings, but that's me...

-Bill

better days
07-27-2011, 10:42 PM
I like Orton, he is a pretty good QB and a big upgrade from Henne.

He is one of those guys that people are always looking at what he can't do and they don't look at what he can get done. He doesn't have the big arm and isn't as accurate as you would like, but at the end of the day he has played well and helped his teams win.

Orton isn't the type of guy you would build your team around, but he is a good option for a team that doesn't yet have their franchise guy. I like him more than Fitzpatrick.

At the end of the day, Orton is a mediocre Journeyman QB. If he was anything more, Chicago would not have traded him to Denver for Cutler & Denver would not have drafted Tebow & looked to trade Orton.

At the end of the year, Buffalo will have nothing invested in Fitz but a very small salary. If Fitz plays GREAT this year he will be the man, if not then Buffalo moves on & drafts the next Jim Kelly. Miami will have invested at least one premium draft pick & a large salary in Orton which will most likely preclude them from drafting a QB that could be better than Orton next year.

better days
07-27-2011, 10:49 PM

I agree Orton is a better QB than Henne, but he is not that much better. Because they will have traded a premium draft pick & paid Orton a large salary, Miami may miss out on drafting the next Dan Marino.

better days
07-27-2011, 10:53 PM
So, the Bills signing the Dolphins' backup QB (the guy that couldn't beat out Chad Henne) and that's a good move, while the Dolphins then go out and UPGRADE the position and that's a BAD move... Got it.

I'm not gonna start talking trash about Miami until we can actually finish ahead of them in the standings, but that's me...

-Bill

It is one thing to sign a back up to a reasonable contract, it is another thing altogether to pay a high price to trade for a mediocre QB. Similar to what the Bills did trading for Rob Johnson & Miami has done over & over for years.

BuffaloBlitz83
07-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Orten has 41 TDs and 21 INTs over the last 2 years. He has continued to improve every season. He isn't a Great QB but he's solid and it was a smart move. I prefer Orten to Kolb

better days
07-27-2011, 11:13 PM
Orten has 41 TDs and 21 INTs over the last 2 years. He has continued to improve every season. He isn't a Great QB but he's solid and it was a smart move. I prefer Orten to Kolb

I agree with everything you said except it being a smart move. My point is that while all of that is true, by paying a premium to trade for Orton, Miami will miss out on a chance to get a GREAT QB in the next year or two & be saddled with a solid QB for the next 3-5 years when they could have had a GREAT QB.

NOT THE DUDE...
07-27-2011, 11:17 PM
as a bills fan you have to be honest, miami defense is nasty and young. parcells built that d...

their oline is solid, they have some decent wrs and a big power runner in daniel thomas plus another rb in fa. orton is perfect for them. they will be tough to beat...

better days
07-27-2011, 11:22 PM
as a bills fan you have to be honest, miami defense is nasty and young. parcells built that d...

their oline is solid, they have some decent wrs and a big power runner in daniel thomas plus another rb in fa. orton is perfect for them. they will be tough to beat...

I agree with all that. If Miami were able to get Orton as a free agent, I think it would have been a great move by them. My only criticism is they will have paid too much to get him.

BuffaloBlitz83
07-27-2011, 11:33 PM
I agree with everything you said except it being a smart move. My point is that while all of that is true, by paying a premium to trade for Orton, Miami will miss out on a chance to get a GREAT QB in the next year or two & be saddled with a solid QB for the next 3-5 years when they could have had a GREAT QB.

Or they could draft a bust and regress further.

J TES
07-27-2011, 11:35 PM
you don't know what it's going to cost for them to get him. At best a 3rd. Maybe only a 4th. Orton isn't great but he's better than average. Henne is garbage. They won 7 games last year with a terrible qb with no confidence and probably the worst OC in the league. Orton helps Miami no matter how you put it. A third round pick is too much? I don't think so. You're hating just to hate

better days
07-27-2011, 11:41 PM
you don't know what it's going to cost for them to get him. At best a 3rd. Maybe only a 4th. Orton isn't great but he's better than average. Henne is garbage. They won 7 games last year with a terrible qb with no confidence and probably the worst OC in the league. Orton helps Miami no matter how you put it. A third round pick is too much? I don't think so. You're hating just to hate

I'm guessing it is more than a 3rd or 4th. If that is all it is & he does not sign a huge contract which will tie Miami to him then I will admit they made a good move getting him.

BuffaloBlitz83
07-27-2011, 11:42 PM

Ya I am reading a 3rd or 4th. I agree, I wish we had Orten instead and they had Fitz

Barb
07-28-2011, 03:13 AM
its Kyle OrtOn, still no deal, bradshaw deal is probably dead, miami trying to get reggie bush

Static
07-28-2011, 08:17 AM
I'll wait till the deals actually get done before i call them terrible or not.

Extremebillsfan247
07-28-2011, 08:28 AM
Should Bills fans really be talking **** about another team's awful QB situation?Well, yeah. It's the Dolphins. lol

Night Train
07-28-2011, 08:28 AM
Orton is Bledsoe with a much weaker arm. They both wear the discountinued Nike cement shoes.

Chicago & Denver gave up on him for a reason.

It also speaks volumes about smalltime Chad Henne.

justasportsfan
07-28-2011, 09:39 AM
I agree Orton is a better QB than Henne, but he is not that much better. Because they will have traded a premium draft pick & paid Orton a large salary, Miami may miss out on drafting the next Dan Marino.

I respectfully disagree. Orton based on his numbers alone is a huge upgrade. Add to the fact that the fins are transitioning to a new system, Ortons experience will make that transition faster which makes him even a bigger upgrade in that sense.

We want the fins to take huge steps backward with Henne struggling to learn a new offense. Instead they made themselves better with a solid qb in Orton who has done well whever he played.

better days
07-28-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm reading Miami has offered a 4rd or 5th & Denver is holding out for a 2nd. I don't see why Denver would trade him for less than a 3rd at least.

better days
07-28-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm reading Miami has offered a 4rd or 5th & Denver is holding out for a 2nd. I don't see why Denver would trade him for less than a 3rd at least. That is what Seattle paid for Whitehurst plus a swap of picks.

jcdavey
07-28-2011, 12:32 PM
i just read on denver's board that elway said orton is still the starter in denver, and that he lead the training camp today as the #1

what the hell's going on in denver....weird

better days
07-28-2011, 12:45 PM
i just read on denver's board that elway said orton is still the starter in denver, and that he lead the training camp today as the #1

what the hell's going on in denver....weird

Denver is trying to drive up the value of Orton IMO. Houston traded two 2nd rnd picks & swapped #1 picks with Atlanta for Matt Schaub. I think Denver wants a trade closer to that than the swapped pick & 3rd rnd pick Seattle gave up for Whitehurst.

Static
07-28-2011, 01:16 PM
They say the Orton deal is done they are just waiting on the contract negotiations, don't know what the deal involves yet.

Ingtar33
07-28-2011, 01:45 PM

Orton is better than Fitzpatrick and Dirty Sanchez. They just acquired the 2nd best QB in the division

Static
07-28-2011, 02:06 PM
Orton is better than Fitzpatrick and Dirty Sanchez. They just acquired the 2nd best QB in the division

I don't think he has been aquired just yet.

Ingtar33
07-28-2011, 02:07 PM
I don't think he has been aquired just yet.

he will be.

Mike
07-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Orton coped with Bush makes the Dols offense light years ahead of where it was last year. Orton for the good part of the year had a 100+ QB rating with is very impressive. I think he ended the season with 21TD and 9int $ 3500yrds in only 13games!

Mike
07-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Orton's Skill Set

Excels at:
Reading Defenses, Making good decisions, accuracy,

Lacks
arm strength, mobility,

He has all the tools to be a really good qb maybe not great but very very good. He was almost a ProBowler the last 2 seasons however considering who else is in the AFC its tough to get there. Overall, he is an EXCELLENT QB for the money and compensation and will make the Cards which they went his directing instead.

Clearing 2nd best QB in AFC East maybe even top 8 in AFC

baalworship
07-28-2011, 04:56 PM
An upgrade but not a huge upgrade. He still has a very risk-averse head coach and lack of play makers on offense. I don't see this changing the Miami offense very much.

better days
07-28-2011, 04:58 PM
Well, I was driving around this afternoon & put on 770 AM the Dolphins station. I caught the end of the Miller & Malten show & they were recapping the show.

They agreed with me. Said that although Henne needs to be replaced, Orton while better is not THAT much better. Said reaction of Fins fans that called in to the show, ranged from luke warm to negative. Said if the Fins don't get Orton, Vince Young is plan B.

In other important breaking Fins news, The Fins will have a new theme song this year. They played it earlier, but I missed it so I can only guess how lame it is.