X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Miami Dolphins

Well, it looks like Miami will trade for yet another journeyman QB.........Kyle Orton. Is there a team in the NFL that has traded for more mediocre QB's than Miami?
  • TrEd FTW
    • Sep 2008

Re: Miami Dolphins

Should Bills fans really be talking **** about another team's awful QB situation?

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Orton is better than Henne. They just upgraded their qb situation
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ickybaluky
        • Jul 2003

I like Orton, he is a pretty good QB and a big upgrade from Henne.

He is one of those guys that people are always looking at what he can't do and they don't look at what he can get done. He doesn't have the big arm and isn't as accurate as you would like, but at the end of the day he has played well and helped his teams win.

Orton isn't the type of guy you would build your team around, but he is a good option for a team that doesn't yet have their franchise guy. I like him more than Fitzpatrick.

Comment

• BLeonard
          BoB Sabermetrician
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by better days
          Well, it looks like Miami will trade for yet another journeyman QB.........Kyle Orton. Is there a team in the NFL that has traded for more mediocre QB's than Miami?
          So, the Bills signing the Dolphins' backup QB (the guy that couldn't beat out Chad Henne) and that's a good move, while the Dolphins then go out and UPGRADE the position and that's a BAD move... Got it.

I'm not gonna start talking trash about Miami until we can actually finish ahead of them in the standings, but that's me...

-Bill

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ickybaluky
            I like Orton, he is a pretty good QB and a big upgrade from Henne.

He is one of those guys that people are always looking at what he can't do and they don't look at what he can get done. He doesn't have the big arm and isn't as accurate as you would like, but at the end of the day he has played well and helped his teams win.

Orton isn't the type of guy you would build your team around, but he is a good option for a team that doesn't yet have their franchise guy. I like him more than Fitzpatrick.
            At the end of the day, Orton is a mediocre Journeyman QB. If he was anything more, Chicago would not have traded him to Denver for Cutler & Denver would not have drafted Tebow & looked to trade Orton.

At the end of the year, Buffalo will have nothing invested in Fitz but a very small salary. If Fitz plays GREAT this year he will be the man, if not then Buffalo moves on & drafts the next Jim Kelly. Miami will have invested at least one premium draft pick & a large salary in Orton which will most likely preclude them from drafting a QB that could be better than Orton next year.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              Orton is better than Henne. They just upgraded their qb situation
              I agree Orton is a better QB than Henne, but he is not that much better. Because they will have traded a premium draft pick & paid Orton a large salary, Miami may miss out on drafting the next Dan Marino.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BLeonard
                So, the Bills signing the Dolphins' backup QB (the guy that couldn't beat out Chad Henne) and that's a good move, while the Dolphins then go out and UPGRADE the position and that's a BAD move... Got it.

I'm not gonna start talking trash about Miami until we can actually finish ahead of them in the standings, but that's me...

-Bill
                It is one thing to sign a back up to a reasonable contract, it is another thing altogether to pay a high price to trade for a mediocre QB. Similar to what the Bills did trading for Rob Johnson & Miami has done over & over for years.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                  We play to win the game!
                  • Oct 2009

Orten has 41 TDs and 21 INTs over the last 2 years. He has continued to improve every season. He isn't a Great QB but he's solid and it was a smart move. I prefer Orten to Kolb

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
                    Orten has 41 TDs and 21 INTs over the last 2 years. He has continued to improve every season. He isn't a Great QB but he's solid and it was a smart move. I prefer Orten to Kolb
                    I agree with everything you said except it being a smart move. My point is that while all of that is true, by paying a premium to trade for Orton, Miami will miss out on a chance to get a GREAT QB in the next year or two & be saddled with a solid QB for the next 3-5 years when they could have had a GREAT QB.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                      Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
                      • Jan 2010

as a bills fan you have to be honest, miami defense is nasty and young. parcells built that d...

their oline is solid, they have some decent wrs and a big power runner in daniel thomas plus another rb in fa. orton is perfect for them. they will be tough to beat...

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER
                        as a bills fan you have to be honest, miami defense is nasty and young. parcells built that d...

their oline is solid, they have some decent wrs and a big power runner in daniel thomas plus another rb in fa. orton is perfect for them. they will be tough to beat...
                        I agree with all that. If Miami were able to get Orton as a free agent, I think it would have been a great move by them. My only criticism is they will have paid too much to get him.
                        Last edited by better days; 07-27-2011, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                          We play to win the game!
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by better days
                          I agree with everything you said except it being a smart move. My point is that while all of that is true, by paying a premium to trade for Orton, Miami will miss out on a chance to get a GREAT QB in the next year or two & be saddled with a solid QB for the next 3-5 years when they could have had a GREAT QB.
                          Or they could draft a bust and regress further.

Comment

• J TES
                            • Apr 2005

you don't know what it's going to cost for them to get him. At best a 3rd. Maybe only a 4th. Orton isn't great but he's better than average. Henne is garbage. They won 7 games last year with a terrible qb with no confidence and probably the worst OC in the league. Orton helps Miami no matter how you put it. A third round pick is too much? I don't think so. You're hating just to hate

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by J TES
                              you don't know what it's going to cost for them to get him. At best a 3rd. Maybe only a 4th. Orton isn't great but he's better than average. Henne is garbage. They won 7 games last year with a terrible qb with no confidence and probably the worst OC in the league. Orton helps Miami no matter how you put it. A third round pick is too much? I don't think so. You're hating just to hate
                              I'm guessing it is more than a 3rd or 4th. If that is all it is & he does not sign a huge contract which will tie Miami to him then I will admit they made a good move getting him.

Comment

Working...
                              X