PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Thigpen Was Bills' Backup QB Plan B

BLeonard
07-28-2011, 01:28 AM
Didn't see this posted anywhere: http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/7/27/2297000/tyler-thigpen-tarvaris-jackson-buffalo-bills

Per Michael Lombardi of NFL.com, the quarterback the Bills were really targeting for the backup job was former Minnesota Vikings player Tarvaris Jackson. Those plans were quickly scuttled when, early Tuesday afternoon, Jackson agreed to a deal with the Seattle Seahawks. There, Jackson will be part of a three-way battle for the starting job between he, Charlie Whitehurst and Matt Leinart.

Once the Bills knew Jackson was out of the picture, it appears that they quickly turned their attention to Thigpen. The Vikings, having just lost Jackson, were also heavily in pursuit of Thigpen, but his ties to Gailey ultimately led to Thigpen joining the Bills. Minnesota eventually settled on a trade for Donovan McNabb.

Interesting that they were targeting Tavaris Jackson for the backup role...

-Bill

Mr. Miyagi
07-28-2011, 03:40 AM
Chan likes those athletic QBs. I wouldn't have been surprised if they looked at Vince Young as well.

Lone Stranger
07-28-2011, 03:42 AM
I prefer Thigpen particularly when you take into account his success with Chan in KC.

tampabay25690
07-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Chan likes those athletic QBs. I wouldn't have been surprised if they looked at Vince Young as well.

maybe looking still????

trapezeus
07-28-2011, 12:29 PM
i'd rather have thigpen than jackson. jackson may still think he's really starter material. in the long run, thigpen will be backup next year when they don't resign fitz and we have a shiny new qb.

it's better for this team to have a guy who knows his place, than a guy who is terrible asking to get promoted and start. not good for team chemistry