PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: So apparently Buffalo matched...

BLeonard
07-28-2011, 01:43 AM
Forked from: So apparently Buffalo matched... (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3492327)

Poz's offer. Just saw a twitter response on bleacherreport from @fitzbeardy (is that fitz account?) that Buffalo did indeed match the offer, he simply chose jacksonville.

Least they tried.

According to WGR, that is inaccurate... The Bills offered less years and less money: http://wgr550.com/Posluszny-Offered-4-Years--Less-Money-From-Bills/10464786

A league source tells WGR's Howard Simon a clue as to what the competitive offer was. According to the source, the Bills made a four-year offer to Posluszny, and although they don't know the exact amount of money Buffalo offered, they did say it was less than what Jacksonville offered.

So, whether or not you think Jacksonville paid too much for Poz, it looks like Nix's comment of it "wasn't the money" isn't entirely accurate.

-Bill

Lone Stranger
07-28-2011, 03:39 AM
Nix's twist on this is less than honest.

Luisito23
07-28-2011, 05:22 AM
it looks like Nix's comment of it "wasn't the money" isn't entirely accurate.

LOL when is it never about the money in Buffalo.

Night Train
07-28-2011, 05:26 AM
The local news insisted he was offered only 4 years at less $. Plus no state tax in Florida.

This just in - He's gone and was paid 3 times his actual worth.

6 years 45 Mil for Poz - are you ****ing kidding me. That franchise should be target number #1 for a move to LA.

chernobylwraiths
07-28-2011, 05:41 AM
This could mostly be semantics. If he was offered less years, it was obviously going to be less money. That doesn't mean it was less money per year.

I liked Poz, but think he got paid more than he was worth and I think they can sign somebody else (or one of the rookies) that will do just as good a job.

YardRat
07-28-2011, 05:45 AM
I don't trust anything that comes out of anybody's mouth at WGR.

Extremebillsfan247
07-28-2011, 07:10 AM
Forked from: So apparently Buffalo matched... (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3492327)

According to WGR, that is inaccurate... The Bills offered less years and less money: http://wgr550.com/Posluszny-Offered-4-Years--Less-Money-From-Bills/10464786

So, whether or not you think Jacksonville paid too much for Poz, it looks like Nix's comment of it "wasn't the money" isn't entirely accurate.

-Bill Personally, I'm glad the Bills didn't offer what Jacksonville did. Poz is a good player, and I was a fan, but he isn't worth as much as Jacksonville paid for him. If the Bills did offered 4 years for less money, that to me seems like a more reasonable offer for a guy with Posluszny's talent level at ILB. He is a better 4-3 MLB than he is a 3-4 ILB anyway. So, I'm over the fact that we let him go. I just hope we do something to replace him at least for depth purposes if not a guy with starting potential. JMO

tampabay25690
07-28-2011, 07:20 AM
who cares he is leaving...

Poz enjoy seeing 30,000 fans in your stadium every Sunday.....
You might want to start looking for houses in LA....

Jan Reimers
07-28-2011, 08:18 AM
This could mostly be semantics. If he were offered fewer years, it was obviously going to be less money. That doesn't mean it was less money per year.

I liked Poz, but think he got paid more than he was worth and I think they can sign somebody else (or one of the rookies) that will do just as good a job.
Corrected.

Blacksheep71
07-28-2011, 11:42 AM
who cares he is leaving...

Poz enjoy seeing 30,000 fans in your stadium every Sunday.....
You might want to start looking for houses in LA....

Last season the Jaguars experienced a 36% increase in season ticket sales and have now got money coming in from a stadium naming agreement.

It is talk they may take away some of their tarps.

Which means Poz will be seeing 67,400+ fans

wmoz11
07-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Last season the Jaguars experienced a 36% increase in season ticket sales and have now got money coming in from a stadium naming agreement.

Funny, because just yesterday the Jags organization told fans to expect blackouts.

PromoTheRobot
07-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Okay so we are pissed because Nix didn't overpay to keep Poz or pissed that he even tried? I keep getting confused.

PTR

BLeonard
07-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Okay so we are pissed because Nix didn't overpay to keep Poz or pissed that he even tried? I keep getting confused.

PTR

Not necessarily either... But, when Nix is on the radio saying "it wasn't about money," then you learn they didn't offer as much... Nix saying "it wasn't about money" seems to be inaccurate.

The fact that some people think Jacksonville overpaid is really irrelevant. When Nix says "it wasn't about money," that leads me to believe that they offered him roughly the same amount as Jacksonville did.

In the end, the Bills now have to find a guy to play the position... if they upgrade the spot, great. What has me worried is that they might not upgrade the spot... That's not improving the team.

-Bill

justasportsfan
07-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Funny, because just yesterday the Jags organization told fans to expect blackouts.

I think he meant 67,400 fans ....the entire year total

tampabay25690
07-28-2011, 12:22 PM

Maybe opening day......
The stadium is huge anyway.....

justasportsfan
07-28-2011, 12:22 PM
Not necessarily either... But, when Nix is on the radio saying "it wasn't about money," then you learn they didn't offer as much... Nix saying "it wasn't about money" seems to be inaccurate.

The fact that some people think Jacksonville overpaid is really irrelevant. When Nix says "it wasn't about money," that leads me to believe that they offered him roughly the same amount as Jacksonville did.

In the end, the Bills now have to find a guy to play the position... if they upgrade the spot, great. What has me worried is that they might not upgrade the spot... That's not improving the team.

-Bill

It's becoming clear that when Nix said "we hope he wants to be here" he meant that anyone who wants to be here will take less .

Figster
07-28-2011, 01:21 PM

-Bill
From a players perspective

How many organizations fire the OC days before the regular season starts. How many organizations decide a GM isn't needed and go on to let a glorified Marketing Manager dismantle a veteran O-line that sets the football team back light years. How many organizations fire/send packing the starting QB two weeks into the season while implementing a brand new Offense/Introducing a new coaching regime.

Would you want to play for an Organization that hasn't seen the playoffs in a decade with revolving doors for the coaches/players coming and leaving.

I really like our new GM/HC and believe the Bills are finally headed in the right direction, but the BS has to stop If the Buffalo Bills ever expect any kind of loyalty from the players.