PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush traded to Miami

Mr. Miyagi
07-28-2011, 03:38 AM
New Orleans and Miami have agreed on a trade for Reggie Bush. Contract talks are in process between Bush and Miami.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/28/bush-dolphins-contract-talks-will-continue-into-the-morning/

Wow.

jcdavey
07-28-2011, 03:40 AM
New Orleans and Miami have agreed on a trade for Reggie Bush. Contract talks are in process between Bush and Miami.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/28/bush-dolphins-contract-talks-will-continue-into-the-morning/

Wow.
it's really no big deal

saints had to do it before releasing him for nothing in return

bush has never really lived up to anywhere near his draft status

i wouldn't be at all surprised if the saints turn around and get sproles, and laugh their asses off at miami for getting punked

Mr. Miyagi
07-28-2011, 03:43 AM
At least now Spiller will know up close and personal which player NOT to be like.

jcdavey
07-28-2011, 03:45 AM
the real bush teams should be shooting for, is michael bush, but i'm not sure he's a free agent

Mr. Miyagi
07-28-2011, 03:59 AM
Oakland is locking him up with a huge tender I think.

jcdavey
07-28-2011, 04:28 AM
Oakland is locking him up with a huge tender I think.
damn lol....

Mike13
07-28-2011, 06:23 AM
Dolphins do need some speed, he'd be used as a returner, scatback like he was in NO IMO.

Hopefully we didnt break the bank though.

Mike13
07-28-2011, 06:32 AM
Its being rumored that the Saints will get a Sixth Rounder.

TacklingDummy
07-28-2011, 06:45 AM
At least now Spiller will know up close and personal which player NOT to be like.

I'd rather Spiller be like Bush than Spiller be like Spiller has been.

Barb
07-28-2011, 06:50 AM
its not official yet, bush and miami have come to terms on a new contract, could be exciting with our new OC who had joshua cribbs as a toy in cleveland, he could have reggie bush in miami now to do it, failure or not so far in his career, reggie bush is still someone that will have to be gameplanned for, he is a mismatch and he finally brings some more speed to miamis offense

DrGraves
07-28-2011, 07:43 AM
the bills won't be able to match up with this guy... he'll torture us for the next few years i guarantee it.

wmoz11
07-28-2011, 07:48 AM
the bills won't be able to match up with this guy... he'll torture us for the next few years i guarantee it.

Uh, we've got Chris Kelsay patrolling the perimeter for the next 12 seasons.. Didn't you see the awesome angles and speed to the outside he showed last year?

DrGraves
07-28-2011, 07:50 AM
Uh, we've got Chris Kelsay patrolling the perimeter for the next 12 seasons.. Didn't you see the awesome angles and speed to the outside he showed last year?

exactly my concern.

Goobylal
07-28-2011, 07:58 AM
They might not have to. Bush misses half the games each season.

mysticsoto
07-28-2011, 08:03 AM
They might not have to. Bush misses half the games each season.

Reggie Bush...meet Dareus. Welcome to the AFC East.

DrGraves
07-28-2011, 08:06 AM
Reggie Bush...meet Dareus. Welcome to the AFC East.

im not exactly expected bush to get carries up the middle lol

mysticsoto
07-28-2011, 08:10 AM
im not exactly expected bush to get carries up the middle lol

Then...Bush meet Kyle Williams. Bush meet Merriman. He should probably get a good pad/throw pillow to make sure the bench doesn't hurt his butt for extended periods of time.

EDS
07-28-2011, 08:11 AM
Great pick up for a 6th round pick if the contract is reasonable.

DrGraves
07-28-2011, 08:13 AM
i like your optimism mystico, i hope you're right. i know we had a defense heavy draft but i can't put much stock into that in year 1. and we haven't done anything to upgrade our horrid d from last year yet....

with that being said hopefully we can land someone today. where is merriman.. i thought he'd be recruiting all his fellow defense buddies over to buffalo.

TacklingDummy
07-28-2011, 08:16 AM
That's because POS is gone.

TacklingDummy
07-28-2011, 08:17 AM
Bush meet Merriman.

Merriman makes Bush look like Lou Gehrig.

Static
07-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Looks like the deal is done, 2 years but still no word on what we gave up.

Devin
07-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Reggie was very well liked here, he did a ton in the community and was very friendly with fans.

That said that lasted 5 days a week. Normally Sunday and Monday he had fans here wanting to pull thier hair out. Hes very good at dancing side to side. Its the actually "gaining yardage" he had a problem with.

alnilla
07-28-2011, 09:28 AM
He wasnt very good when he was with the saints offense. He is going to team that is suppose to be getting rid of Ronnie Brown and Ricky. If bush is the number one back I like that because he cant be one.

Philagape
07-28-2011, 09:29 AM
He wasnt very good when he was with the saints offense. He is going to team that is suppose to be getting rid of Ronnie Brown and Ricky. If bush is the number one back I like that because he cant be one.

Thomas will be their No. 1. Bush doesn't threaten that at all

Ed
07-28-2011, 09:36 AM
I hope he struggles, but I think this was a good move for the fins. He's at least an upgrade over Ronnie Brown.

Jaydog57
07-28-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm happy about it. Ricky and Ronnie are both free agents, and one or both will almost certainly be gone soon. Bush still has plenty of gas left in the tank. :peace:

The last buffalo fan
07-28-2011, 10:22 AM
I love JLo's Bush!

trapezeus
07-28-2011, 10:51 AM
bush will be a bust. a single guy who likes the party life, who has been fairly entitled through his football career, making more money in a party city in miami? Yeah, this is going to work out real good for him. i bet you next season we'll see the article, "bush puts on extra muscle to be more versitile back." and all that means is he drank his weight in vodka on south beach at night clubs. he'll be done in 3 years.

ChristopherWalken
07-28-2011, 11:01 AM
Bush is a one play a game wonder. Granted it only takes one play to change the face of the game but as he gets older his feet get slower. I think New Orleans got the better end of this deal.

Barb
07-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Bush is a one play a game wonder. Granted it only takes one play to change the face of the game but as he gets older his feet get slower. I think New Orleans got the better end of this deal.

like 26 years old which he is right now ?

bigbry
07-28-2011, 04:39 PM
bush will be a bust. a single guy who likes the party life, who has been fairly entitled through his football career, making more money in a party city in miami? Yeah, this is going to work out real good for him. i bet you next season we'll see the article, "bush puts on extra muscle to be more versitile back." and all that means is he drank his weight in vodka on south beach at night clubs. he'll be done in 3 years.

Works for me as he agreed to a two year deal.

Bush is good for 2 extra W's this season.

Mr. Pink
07-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Saints made a shrewd move here trading someone most thought would be outright cut. Getting something for nothing is always a win.

Mike13
07-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Saints made a shrewd move here trading someone most thought would be outright cut. Getting something for nothing is always a win.

Saints got a practice squad player and the teams swapped draft picks, most likely late round picls.

jcdavey
07-28-2011, 10:40 PM
it's really no big deal

saints had to do it before releasing him for nothing in return

bush has never really lived up to anywhere near his draft status

i wouldn't be at all surprised if the saints turn around and get sproles, and laugh their asses off at miami for getting punked
^ genius lol

jills
07-28-2011, 11:05 PM
So they basically got Bush for a scrub

Mr. Pink
07-28-2011, 11:10 PM
So they basically got Bush for a scrub

Instead of getting Bush for nothing on Friday since the Saints were likely going to release him.