HAMMER
07-28-2011, 09:41 AM
We be tryin hard.

hydro
07-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Ain't that sumptin'

BillsWin
07-28-2011, 09:43 AM
At least we are trying for a pro bowler.

DrGraves
07-28-2011, 09:51 AM
just offer 2 mill more a year than whatever ATL offers. We have the money, spend it.

Michael82
07-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Hell, I'm willing to offer him $8 or 9 million per year if it solidifies our OL for many years to come. :up:

Ed
07-28-2011, 09:54 AM
I have a feeling that all these players and agents are just mentioning the Bills as additional leverage. I don't think any of them have Buffalo as their first choice, so it's going to take ponying up some serious cash to get anyone decent.

DrGraves
07-28-2011, 09:56 AM
I have a feeling that all these players and agents are just mentioning the Bills as additional leverage. I don't think any of them have Buffalo as their first choice, so it's going to take ponying up some serious cash to get anyone decent.

we have the luxury of being way under cap... thats why its boggling my mind that we aren't/haven't used this to our advantage yet!

BertSquirtgum
07-28-2011, 10:00 AM
if you think a player won't come to stinky buffalo for an extra million a year. then you're bonkers.

WeAreArthurMoates
07-28-2011, 10:00 AM
I'd like to see us jump into the Trueblood ring as well, start talking with him to put pressure on the Clabo camp and if we miss on Tyson, we at least get a legit starting tackle.

Bulldog
07-28-2011, 10:06 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3095/player?r=1

I'm not saying that isn't the case, but to use The Buffalo News as a source of insight seems foolish. I'm pretty sure they don't really know more than you and I at this point. I guess we'll have to see how this shakes out.

Beebe's Kid
07-28-2011, 10:24 AM
It is an odd thing, but our money spends the same as every other teams'. It's about the best deal. If we give him the best deal, he'll be a Bill.

It will have nothing to do with the fans' inferiority complexes...

don137
07-28-2011, 10:32 AM
I feel Poz used the Bills as leverage for his contract with the Jaguars. To say he really wants to come back but wants to just see what is out there indicates he was just using the Bills by saying he is interested in coming back to drive up his price. So if players they drafted are using the Bills why wouldn't players that are on a playoff contender do the same.

Bert102176
07-28-2011, 10:43 AM
no good FA wants to play for the Bils because of RW. they don't wanna play for a team that the owner could pasaway at any time and not know what will happen to that team then.

trapezeus
07-28-2011, 10:44 AM
It is an odd thing, but our money spends the same as every other teams'. It's about the best deal. If we give him the best deal, he'll be a Bill.

It will have nothing to do with the fans' inferiority complexes...

Not true. 11 years of losing and a replacement coach who actually did worse than the worst coach of all time? We know better because we are fans and watch every single game that gailey is an upgrade. but the way i described it is how the bills are viewed by players and casual fans.

For player, do you want to go to a proven loser in the prime of your career in a town that won't necessarily get you any ancillary promo deals because of your talent? or would you like to be a star in a major city and get another couple MM in ad deals at the very least?

in other words, in your industry, would you go to a place that doesn't have a good reputation knowing that you'll probably spin your wheels? or will you go to a company that does right by its employees and manages to be an industry leader?

The only way you go to the inferior company is if they over pay and they over pay by a lot. and they have to sell you that the old way is done and a new way is coming. and people know alot of the time that the new way is just a smoke screen. it's the money you are going for. The bills have backed themselves into this corner because of total mismanagement for 10 years.

i think ralph is just a bad owner. not necesarily cheap. he is hands on enough to be dangerous and clueless enough to be extremely dangerous. He let donahoe do his thing uncontested when everyone was saying, "he's getting talent but he's bringing in weak coaches because he was burned in pitts." by the time ralph figures it out 5 years later, he runs the exact opposite direction. into his world of yes men. marv, jauron and brandon? and he didn't even really get how idiotic that was until he got flicked off another 4 years later. In a desperate plea to finally get a real winner, he was turned down by everyone and got nix, a guy who is seemingly very football savy, but not very political savy to understand a changing game. Gailey was the last choice who has failed everywhere but has gotten teams to a respectability level.

If you don't feel embarassed by this, you have much thicker skin than me.

mrbojanglezs
07-28-2011, 10:56 AM
if you think a player won't come to stinky buffalo for an extra million a year. then you're bonkers.

Too bad that extra million is erased from all the extra taxes you have to pay in ny

ddaryl
07-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Too bad that extra million is erased from all the extra taxes you have to pay in ny

you can ***** about taxes, but I will say this. I live in a state with no income tax, and when I went back to Hamburg NY and was driving around the town I noticed lots of fresh paint and upgrades... Also spent time in Williamsville....

Taxes are higher, but things in WNY are looking good compared to places I have seen... and that comes from tax revenues..

Taxes in WNY are also higher because the sheer amounts of snow removal and the beating the winter puts on the roads etc... costs a lots more then in other areas of this country... There are also lots of states that would love to have NYS revenue stream right now but are watching their infrastructures crumble.

I know everyone likes to ***** about taxes, and NYS is one of the most taxed, but for the most part the area is no dump, and other metropolisis in this country are becoming dumps

as for NFL players.. yeah the taxes come into play

ChristopherWalken
07-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Ya know, my faith in Chan increases more and more each day. He truly understands rebuilding starts with the lines.

I really think they need to break the bank on Clabo.

justasportsfan
07-28-2011, 11:24 AM
no good FA wants to play for the Bils because of RW. they don't wanna play for a team that the owner could pasaway at any time and not know what will happen to that team then.
poz went to a team with future with the biggest questionmarks.

Ickybaluky
07-28-2011, 11:30 AM
we have the luxury of being way under cap... thats why its boggling my mind that we aren't/haven't used this to our advantage yet!

Tons of teams have lots of cap room. Those that don't can clear space pretty simply.