PDA

View Full Version : Damien Woody tweets about the Bills

BLeonard
07-28-2011, 12:32 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/damienwoody/status/96593919881641984

Looks like the AFC East is gonna be tough....my condolences goes out to the #Bills for being innocent bystanders

-Bill

bf1
07-28-2011, 12:33 PM
impotent bystanders is more like it.

nolimit
07-28-2011, 12:34 PM
WTF does he care?

ServoBillieves
07-28-2011, 12:39 PM
They sign Holmes, the Pats get Haynesworth and resign Sammy Morris, and the Fish replace 2 running backs with 1... Plenty of free agents still out there and he hasn't seen our rookies play yet.

Yup, we're really far behind aren't we in this 2nd day of free agency when players aren't even been released yet.

Genius! Tweet tomorrow you nitwit(ter) when people can actually sign.

Jan Reimers
07-28-2011, 12:44 PM
I didn't realize Woody was still alive.

Forward_Lateral
07-28-2011, 12:47 PM
The Dolphins are giving the Bills a run for their money for last place.

Barb
07-28-2011, 12:57 PM
The Dolphins are giving the Bills a run for their money for last place.

and this is based on ?

justasportsfan
07-28-2011, 12:59 PM
and this is based on ?
fins keeping Sparano.

PromoTheRobot
07-28-2011, 01:04 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/damienwoody/status/96593919881641984

-Bill

Locker room material. Chan needs to put that on a placard before the Pats game.

PTR

Goobylal
07-28-2011, 01:07 PM
For starters, how did the Dols improve? They didn't and only got worse. Second of all, FA isn't even over.

Gotta love Twitter. :rolleyes:

Ed
07-28-2011, 01:08 PM
They sign Holmes, the Pats get Haynesworth and resign Sammy Morris, and the Fish replace 2 running backs with 1... Plenty of free agents still out there and he hasn't seen our rookies play yet.

Yup, we're really far behind aren't we in this 2nd day of free agency when players aren't even been released yet.

Genius! Tweet tomorrow you nitwit(ter) when people can actually sign.
We were 4-12 and got our butts kicked four times by the Jets and Pats. We started off far behind.

One thing that no one outside of Buffalo seems to be considering though, is that we are adding a healthy Merriman this year. I think that's way better then getting Haynesworth.

Ed
07-28-2011, 01:09 PM

PTR
I'm not sure if Chan knows what Twitter is.

don137
07-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Woody retired. Not exactly poster board material when he is retired and correct.

cookie G
07-28-2011, 01:20 PM
eh, I don't put much stock in a guy that retires rather than face Dareus.

OpIv37
07-28-2011, 01:22 PM
It's amazing to me that people are unwilling to criticize the FO for sitting on their hands while the rest of the division gets better, but willing to criticize Woody for pointing it out.

If anything, Woody let us off light. "Innocent bystanders" don't have the opportunity to fight back. The Bills have the same weapons available to them as the rest of the division, but are either unwilling or unable to use them.

BF1 nailed it with this:

impotent bystanders is more like it.

Extremebillsfan247
07-28-2011, 01:23 PM

PTRSteve Johnson already seen it. lol So did Moats, Florence, and D.Nelson.

Goobylal
07-28-2011, 01:25 PM
For starters, how did the Dols improve? They didn't and only got worse. Second of all, FA isn't even over.

Gotta love Twitter. :rolleyes:
After thinking more about it, how did the Jets improve? They lost the twit(terer) Woody, and will lose Brad Smith, Braylon Edwards, and Antonio Cromartie, while only re-signing Holmes.

As for Haynesworth, I look at the Pats' addition of Adalius Thomas and say "more of the same." Actually Thomas was younger and had a lot less mileage on him than Haynesworth, and a great work ethic, plus he was versed in the 3-4 defense, which the Pats mostly play.

PromoTheRobot
07-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Steve Johnson already seen it. lol So did Moats, Florence, and D.Nelson.

A little reminder won't hurt.

PTR

BillsWin
07-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Steve Johnson responds: "If You Ain't a Bill I Don't Give a **** Bout Ya!! Most Disrespected Team in NFL! I Always feel Disrespected! I'm All In! http://t.co/sudTtnY" (http://t.co/sudTtnY)

OpIv37
07-28-2011, 01:29 PM
Steve Johnson responds: "If You Ain't a Bill I Don't Give a **** Bout Ya!! Most Disrespected Team in NFL! I Always feel Disrespected! I'm All In! http://t.co/sudTtnY" (http://t.co/sudTtnY)

Someone needs to tell Stevie that respect needs to be earned.

11 years without playoffs, 15 since the last playoff win, losing record in 9 of the last 10 seasons, started last year 0-8, last in the NFL against the run.

Fix that, then talk about respect.

Ed
07-28-2011, 01:29 PM
Go get em Stevie!

Goobylal
07-28-2011, 01:30 PM

11 years without playoffs, 15 since the last playoff game, losing record in 9 of the last 10 seasons, started last year 0-8, last in the NFL against the run.

Fix that, then talk about respect.
True. But there's a difference between respect and reality. Again none of the AFC East teams got better (arguably, if you believe like I do that Haynesworth is damaged goods).

Extremebillsfan247
07-28-2011, 01:31 PM

11 years without playoffs, 15 since the last playoff game, losing record in 9 of the last 10 seasons, started last year 0-8, last in the NFL against the run.

Fix that, then talk about respect.He wasn't here for 11 years. You blaming him for that?

Ickybaluky
07-28-2011, 01:32 PM

PTR

He hasn't played for the Pats since 2003.

OpIv37
07-28-2011, 01:33 PM
True. But there's a difference between respect and reality. Again none of the AFC East teams got better (arguably, if you believe like I do that Haynesworth is damaged goods).

I could see that argument, but at the same time, they were so much better than us to start with. At best, Haynesworth becomes a good rotational defender and helps them keep their better guys fresh, and at worst he rides the pine and they're no worse than last year.

At some point, the Bills have to start to close the talent gap. We got some good draft picks, but our opponents drafted too.

PromoTheRobot
07-28-2011, 01:35 PM
He hasn't played for the Pats since 2003.

Doesn't matter.

PTR

Goobylal
07-28-2011, 01:36 PM
I could see that argument, but at the same time, they were so much better than us to start with. At best, Haynesworth becomes a good rotational defender and helps them keep their better guys fresh, and at worst he rides the pine and they're no worse than last year.

At some point, the Bills have to start to close the talent gap. We got some good draft picks, but our opponents drafted too.
I agree the the Pats and Jets (but not the Dols) were already better, but the other teams are much closer to the cap and FA isn't even close to being over.

PromoTheRobot
07-28-2011, 01:36 PM
He wasn't here for 11 years. You blaming him for that?

It's like the original Sin. Every Bills player and coach is to blame for everything that has ever gone wrong.

PTR

Ingtar33
07-28-2011, 01:41 PM
he's got the bystanders part right. while the rest of the division loads up, we twiddle our thumbs and lose some of the better parts of our defense.

psubills62
07-28-2011, 01:45 PM
he's got the bystanders part right. while the rest of the division loads up, we twiddle our thumbs and lose some of the better parts of our defense.
They aren't losing people too?

Philagape
07-28-2011, 01:46 PM

I think he's blaming him for complaining about being disrespected. The Bills are one of the NFL teams least deserving of respect

Johnny Bugmenot
07-28-2011, 01:47 PM
And... how many costly drops did he commit last year?

OpIv37
07-28-2011, 01:49 PM

No, I'm not blaming him for anything except wanting respect that the team hasn't earned.

Goobylal
07-28-2011, 01:56 PM
The other teams are losing players and not replacing them with better players. As for "the better parts of our defense," are you talking about Poz? Seriously?

FlyingDutchman
07-28-2011, 01:56 PM
No, I'm not blaming him for anything except wanting respect that the team hasn't earned.

I dont think hes asking for respect or saying its expected. Just saying hes sick of being disrespected. I would be too as a competitor. Hes just screw everyone that hates on us and is against us

psubills62
07-28-2011, 01:58 PM
How do people expect the Buffalo players to respond? During the Jauron regime, people talked about wanting more fire from the coach and players. Well, here it is. How would you rather they respond - keeping quiet and not caring when people pretty much insult them?

Op believes we haven't earned respect, but then expects our FO to be able to convince free agents to come here on the basis of what exactly?

I'm having a hard time understanding people's attitudes about some of these things.

OpIv37
07-28-2011, 02:20 PM
How do people expect the Buffalo players to respond? During the Jauron regime, people talked about wanting more fire from the coach and players. Well, here it is. How would you rather they respond - keeping quiet and not caring when people pretty much insult them?

Op believes we haven't earned respect, but then expects our FO to be able to convince free agents to come here on the basis of what exactly?

I'm having a hard time understanding people's attitudes about some of these things.

On the basis of what the FO is doing to build the team.

The basis that a player uses to decide whether or not to play for a team is going to be a lot different than the basis he uses to talk **** on Twitter.

There really is no reason to have a hard time understanding, unless you're trying to use the fact that the old FO ****ed up as an excuse for not holding the current FO accountable.

Bert102176
07-28-2011, 02:25 PM
It's amazing to me that people are unwilling to criticize the FO for sitting on their hands while the rest of the division gets better, but willing to criticize Woody for pointing it out.

If anything, Woody let us off light. "Innocent bystanders" don't have the opportunity to fight back. The Bills have the same weapons available to them as the rest of the division, but are either unwilling or unable to use them.

BF1 nailed it with this:

EXACTLY, ty

psubills62
07-28-2011, 02:44 PM
On the basis of what the FO is doing to build the team.

The basis that a player uses to decide whether or not to play for a team is going to be a lot different than the basis he uses to talk **** on Twitter.

There really is no reason to have a hard time understanding, unless you're trying to use the fact that the old FO ****ed up as an excuse for not holding the current FO accountable.
Woody isn't talking crap, he's retired. You agree with him, yet think players ought to respect the Bills enough to sign there without being overpaid? And yes, it's twitter, but isn't that still how a lot of players view Buffalo? How is it different, exactly?

I have no problem with Johnson getting pissed about being disrespected. Players use that stuff as motivation, if that's what he wants to use, great. No need to tear into him because he's competitive. I want guys who want to do something about it and change the view of Buffalo so we are respected.

Goobylal
07-28-2011, 02:51 PM
I wonder how Woody feels now that the Bills have taken Brad Smith away from his former team? On second thought, who cares?

mikemac2001
07-28-2011, 02:53 PM
And... how many costly drops did he commit last year?

they cost us in one way but helped us get darues which could out to be a huge positive in the growth of the team

Ickybaluky
07-28-2011, 02:53 PM
The ironic thing about Woody's tweet is he signed a big contract with Detroit after leaving the Pats in 2003.

OpIv37
07-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Woody isn't talking crap, he's retired. You agree with him, yet think players ought to respect the Bills enough to sign there without being overpaid? And yes, it's twitter, but isn't that still how a lot of players view Buffalo? How is it different, exactly?

I have no problem with Johnson getting pissed about being disrespected. Players use that stuff as motivation, if that's what he wants to use, great. No need to tear into him because he's competitive. I want guys who want to do something about it and change the view of Buffalo so we are respected.

It's the FO's job to sell the team to prospective players. They need to actually talk to the guys are FA's and give them a reason to break that view of Buffalo. They're not going to bother doing it for retired players who are sitting behind a computer tweeting.

As far as Johnson, I take the opposite view. If he feels he's being disrespected, that means he feels he's done something to deserve respect. Well, he hasn't, and neither has the team. Instead of *****ing that they're being disrespected, they need to go out and earn the respect. If he already thinks he deserves it, where's his motivation to work any harder to earn it? To me, it comes off as someone who feels slighted, and not as someone who is motivated to do better.

psubills62
07-28-2011, 03:26 PM
It's the FO's job to sell the team to prospective players. They need to actually talk to the guys are FA's and give them a reason to break that view of Buffalo. They're not going to bother doing it for retired players who are sitting behind a computer tweeting.

As far as Johnson, I take the opposite view. If he feels he's being disrespected, that means he feels he's done something to deserve respect. Well, he hasn't, and neither has the team. Instead of *****ing that they're being disrespected, they need to go out and earn the respect. If he already thinks he deserves it, where's his motivation to work any harder to earn it? To me, it comes off as someone who feels slighted, and not as someone who is motivated to do better.
Yeah, it's a vicious cycle isn't it? They have to convince players, but it's almost impossible to convince them unless you get talent onto the roster, but to do that you need to convince them. This is why we talk about building through the draft. Then you can get "contender discounts" and get free agents listening to you.

Well, according to your view, since none of the AFC East teams won a SB in the last year or two, none of them have earned respect. And it's not a matter of either they've earned respect or they've earned disrespect. These people don't need to go out of their way to disrespect the Bills. They don't need to show them respect either. He's saying they're the most disrespected team, didn't say anything about how people need to respect them. Just not disrespect them.

Philagape
07-28-2011, 03:50 PM
There's no middle ground. Indifference is disrespect.

psubills62
07-28-2011, 03:56 PM
There's no middle ground. Indifference is disrespect.
Not really. Unless EVERYONE who isn't talking about the Bills are disrespecting them...

Philagape
07-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Not really. Unless EVERYONE who isn't talking about the Bills are disrespecting them...

They are. I disrespect everything I don't talk about.

psubills62
07-28-2011, 04:04 PM
They are. I disrespect everything I don't talk about.
Ha, good to know.

Mike
07-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Goobylal

Gotta love Twitter.
After thinking more about it, how did the Jets improve? They lost the twit(terer) Woody, and will lose Brad Smith, Braylon Edwards, and Antonio Cromartie, while only re-signing Holmes.

As for Haynesworth, I look at the Pats' addition of Adalius Thomas and say "more of the same." Actually Thomas was younger and had a lot less mileage on him than Haynesworth, and a great work ethic, plus he was versed in the 3-4 defense, which the Pats mostly play.

Only a fanatic can down play the Pats addition of what was the Best D-Lineman in the NFL only 2yrs ago!!! and All of this for a 5th rounder! This is Seymour 2.0. Watch out, the Pats will now have an even better Pass Rush, and a better Run Defense. That D-Line will be nasty, all for a 5th rounder and 2yrs at 12mil. That less than the POZ deal we were willing to match. This is a common example of why they are SO MUCH Better than Us.

Mike
07-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Jets are trying to add Nnamdi Asomugha Anyways can you imagine the 2 best shutdown corners in the NFL playing in the backfield. If this happens, it will instantly improve their pass rush by default allowing more blitzing and that D becomes even nastier than it already is... btw I know some of you will be downplaying this as well as loosing to them for the next 10yrs.

Remember ONLY 2yrs ago we were Better than the Jets, now they are a SuperBowl Contender trying to get better year after year, while we are a bottom 3 team.

Mike
07-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Lastly, Dols are getting much much better.

They are adding Kyle Orton, who had 2 very good seasons in Denver. He is the QB that they have been looking for and all their are going to give up is a 3rd rounder. On top of that, they got Reggie Bush and are looking to add Barber once he is released. That offense will be light years ahead of last years offense. This makes them a contender for the devision or at least a wild card spot.

Remember only 3yrs ago they were 1-15 and now they will too be kicking our asses for the next 5yrs.

ONLY a Fanatic continues to Defend each and every Bills FO while they do little to improve outside of brining in nobodies with potential and continue to blame the previous coach/GM.

Mike
07-28-2011, 04:28 PM
This Offseason was defiantly going to make it clear who the Best FO are in the NFL. The Bills have had the same opportunities and MORE CASH and have managed to do less. When will you stop defending their incompetence as it occurs? In 5yrs when its too late or Never?

Mike
07-28-2011, 04:30 PM
How is it possible that both the Jets and Dols have gone from bottom five teams in 2-3yrs respectively and the Jest going to 2 AFC Championship games while the Bills have not managed to even have a winning season in that time span. How can you possible think that those teams FO and personnel are our equals? They are not, they are much much better! Get use to going 0-6 in the Division.

better days
07-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Only a fanatic can down play the Pats addition of what was the Best D-Lineman in the NFL only 2yrs ago!!! and All of this for a 5th rounder! This is Seymour 2.0. Watch out, the Pats will now have an even better Pass Rush, and a better Run Defense. That D-Line will be nasty, all for a 5th rounder and 2yrs at 12mil. That less than the POZ deal we were willing to match. This is a common example of why they are SO MUCH Better than Us.

Well, it was 3 years ago not 2 when Haynsworth was the best D-L & it was also before he got PAID. You are discounting the MANY NFL players that lose all motivation once paid. I expect Haynsworth to remain a member of that group. He has not played with any passion for the game since he was paid.

better days
07-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Lastly, Dols are getting much much better.

They are adding Kyle Orton, who had 2 very good seasons in Denver. He is the QB that they have been looking for and all their are going to give up is a 3rd rounder. On top of that, they got Reggie Bush and are looking to add Barber once he is released. That offense will be light years ahead of last years offense. This makes them a contender for the devision or at least a wild card spot.

Remember only 3yrs ago they were 1-15 and now they will too be kicking our asses for the next 5yrs.

ONLY a Fanatic continues to Defend each and every Bills FO while they do little to improve outside of brining in nobodies with potential and continue to blame the previous coach/GM.

Well, Orton was so good the Horses drafted a QB in the 1st rnd & put him on the trading block. But if the Fish want him it will cost them more than a 3rd.

Goobylal
07-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Well, it was 3 years ago not 2 when Haynsworth was the best D-L & it was also before he got PAID. You are discounting the MANY NFL players that lose all motivation once paid. I expect Haynsworth to remain a member of that group. He has not played with any passion for the game since he was paid.
Bingo. And Adalius Thomas was as good as Haynesworth when the Pats signed him, and he was younger, had less mileage on him, had a good work ethic, and played in the 3-4.

Goobylal
07-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Well, Orton was so good the Horses drafted a QB in the 1st rnd & put him on the trading block. But if the Fish want him it will cost them more than a 3rd.
The Dols open camp tomorrow and they still haven't swung the deal for Orton. He'll be almost useless to them at this point for this season, given he didn't get a full off-season of OTA's, minicamps, or even a full training camp. Again assuming this gets done, which it may not. Plus they lost both Ricky and Ronnie, replacing them with the oft-injured Reggie Bush.

Goobylal
07-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Jets are trying to add Nnamdi Asomugha Anyways can you imagine the 2 best shutdown corners in the NFL playing in the backfield. If this happens, it will instantly improve their pass rush by default allowing more blitzing and that D becomes even nastier than it already is... btw I know some of you will be downplaying this as well as loosing to them for the next 10yrs.

Remember ONLY 2yrs ago we were Better than the Jets, now they are a SuperBowl Contender trying to get better year after year, while we are a bottom 3 team.
The Jets won't be getting Asomugha. And in addition to Brad Smith, they're likely to lose either Edwards or Cromartie.

ublinkwescore
07-28-2011, 08:26 PM
I think woody is still upset about that hit London Fletcher put on him when Sam Adams scored a Touchdown on their asses back in 03.

justasportsfan
07-28-2011, 09:37 PM

do you think Sparano is good enough to kick our asses for the next 5 years? I don't. Don't forget he' only has a job because Harbaugh turned them down. I'm also not impressed with their new OC's background.

Mike
07-28-2011, 10:10 PM
"Well, it was 3 years ago not 2 when Haynsworth was the best D-L & it was also before he got PAID. You are discounting the MANY NFL players that lose all motivation once paid. I expect Haynsworth to remain a member of that group. He has not played with any passion for the game since he was paid.
"

The Point is that this is a Very Low Risk High Reward Trade, this is a no-brainer, why couldn't the Bills Pull these trades off? Pats also just got Johnson for very late round pics and low $$$, Again Low Risk High Reward.
& BTW this worked Magic with Randy Moss, Corey Dillion, Walker, etc...

The Fish might now even have to pay that 3rd. They might get hime for FREE no compensation! Put that in your bowl of cherios! Fact is that Denver has to either Pay him or release him, Orton that is, and they don't want to pay him. So right now its a game of chicken, can the Fish get away with not paying anything and waiting for him to be released.

As far as his abilities, Orton had 21Td to 9int and over 3500yrs in 13 starts. He is great at reading defenses and making the right decisions and lacks somewhat physically. But as you know, playing QB in the NFL at a high level is far more Mental than Physical, just ask Fitz, and this would give fish 2nd best QB in AFC East.

Ickybaluky
07-28-2011, 10:11 PM
I think woody is still upset about that hit London Fletcher put on him when Sam Adams scored a Touchdown on their asses back in 03.

Yeah, I bet he thinks about that whenever he polishes his rings.

Mike
07-28-2011, 10:14 PM
do you think Sparano is good enough to kick our asses for the next 5 years? I don't. Don't forget he' only has a job because Harbaugh turned them down. I'm also not impressed with their new OC's background.

You are Absolutely asking the wrong question. Its not a question of " is he good enough to beat us" its a question of are we good enough to beat anybody? If the Bills were loaded like the Pats, sure you can ask that question, but the Bills are more like the UB Bulls at which point it does not matter at all who the opposing coach is.

Mike
07-28-2011, 10:17 PM
The Jets won't be getting Asomugha. And in addition to Brad Smith, they're likely to lose either Edwards or Cromartie.

You know, its not about that. Its about their effort. They are trying to get the best,OVER AND OVER AGAIN. The Pats are too taking action as well as the Fish.

Now the Jets are trying to get Asomugha, and I think they are in the lead to get him and there is a good chance they will. Cromarti is their fall back plan.

Now the question is WHY THE ****K aren't the BILLS in the Conversation??? We Need a CB! Our CB are old, average, or injured. We Need a good CB, why aren't we in the conversation???

justasportsfan
07-28-2011, 10:27 PM
You are Absolutely asking the wrong question. Its not a question of " is he good enough to beat us" its a question of are we good enough to beat anybody? If the Bills were loaded like the Pats, sure you can ask that question, but the Bills are more like the UB Bulls at which point it does not matter at all who the opposing coach is.
yes, we are good enough to beat teams with crappy coaches. We beat the fins last year. For as long as Sparano remains , I don't think they'll be dominating us.