PDA

View Full Version : Bills sign Brad Smith 4 years 15 million

Sportsuser101
07-28-2011, 02:18 PM
http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2011/07/28/report-brad-smith-to-sign-with-bills/

trapezeus
07-28-2011, 02:19 PM
this is awesome. When we refuse to sign dareus, i'm going to blame brad smith.

OpIv37
07-28-2011, 02:23 PM
The good news is that we took a talented player from a division rival, and it shows the Bills are at least trying in FA.

The bad news is that he doesn't address any of our gaping holes. So I don't really understand this move.

Yes, I know, I said "gaping holes."

X-Era
07-28-2011, 02:24 PM
The good news is that we took a talented player from a division rival, and it shows the Bills are at least trying in FA.

The bad news is that he doesn't address any of our gaping holes. So I don't really understand this move.

Yes, I know, I said "gaping holes."Yet.

Sportsuser101
07-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Improve on offense and special teams is the reason. He does alot in different packages. I like the move. And if you think signing Brad Smith is gonna be a reason why the Bills don't sign Dareus then you're nuts.

Dr. Lecter
07-28-2011, 02:26 PM
This is stupid.

Somehow this free agency season is making this team way worse than last year.

Lose the best LB and best safety. They replace them with a back up QB and a gimmick return man that adds nothing to the team that Parrish and Spiller do not alerady offer.

What a joke.

2-14 here come the Buffalo Bills!

OpIv37
07-28-2011, 02:27 PM
Yet.

You know, every year, the Bills start slow in FA and people like me complain about it.

And every year, someone brings up the "yet" because FA isn't over.

Of course, that's usually after all the guys who could really help the team are long gone, and we're left with other teams' rejects like Torbor...

OpIv37
07-28-2011, 02:28 PM
This is stupid.

Lose the best LB and best safety. They replace them with a back up QB and a gimmick return man that adds nothing to the team that Parrish and Spiller do not alerady offer.

What a joke.

did Whitner sign somewhere?

Dr. Lecter
07-28-2011, 02:29 PM
did Whitner sign somewhere?
Not yet. I doubt he is coming back though.

I hate this FA so far. Just hate it.

I think I hate it more than you do.

wmoz11
07-28-2011, 02:30 PM
This is stupid.

What a joke.

Not sure if you're being serious. We play these guys twice a year, you'd think people may have actually watched the games. Nauseating as they may be.

Dr. Lecter
07-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Not sure if you're being serious. We play these guys twice a year, you'd think people may have actually watched the games. Nauseating as they may be.
Smith will not add to this team what he added to the Jets unless the Bills radically improve their line.

His talent level is the same as Spiller and the Bills coul not use him correctly.

Night Train
07-28-2011, 02:32 PM
He can play QB, WR and is a top kick returner. I like this signing very much. Superior athlete.

lightningbolt444
07-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Also hes going to be the third qb in my mind not a WR. Sure he will be used in the slot etc but I think he will get our Third qb designation

Mr Bills
07-28-2011, 02:35 PM
This is stupid.

What a joke.

You do realise FA is not over right? And how can any1 with a clue come to conclusion that Thigpen and Smith are replacing Whitner and Poz.

bf1
07-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Be patient. It's part of Buddy's 6 year plan.

utmhead
07-28-2011, 02:37 PM
he has 21 catches over the last 3 years. he is not a WR, he is a KR/Wildcat QB.
good signing, not great

Mindbender
07-28-2011, 02:37 PM
I think the folks who complain would complain about anything. I'm puzzled by the move but not upset, watch and wait.

Ickybaluky
07-28-2011, 02:38 PM
I actually like Smith as a WR, I think the Jets should have used him there more. His overall value was hurt some by the kickoff change, making returns harder.

The wildcat stuff is overrated. It is a gimmick, not something a good team will rely on.

Michael82
07-28-2011, 02:39 PM
This is stupid.

What a joke.

wow! and you say that I overreact? :rofl: :calm: the **** down!

Jan Reimers
07-28-2011, 02:39 PM
I think Smith will add one more weapon to our arsenal. I'm not upset about adding him.

But we still need an ILB, OT and TE.

mayotm
07-28-2011, 02:41 PM

Yes, I know, I said "gaping holes."I could have sworn you ripped somebody within the past few days when they suggested the FO was "at least trying".

justasportsfan
go to 1:50 where he throws for a TD vs, bills lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnR_gSgVAz0

OpIv37

I don't disagree that they're probably worse off in the short run without Poz and Whitner, but I'm OK with them walking. Neither lived up to expectations and both were part of the old culture of losing. If they had stayed on the team, it would give the FO an excuse not to find replacements.

Thigpen is good because he's a backup who knows Gailey's system, but come on- it's a back-up QB. Ideally he'll never even see the field.

Brad Smith- well, he's not bad but he doesn't address a need.

So you probably do hate it more than me, but so far it's not impressive. At best it's addition by subtraction.

OpIv37
07-28-2011, 02:42 PM
I could have sworn you ripped somebody within the past few days when they suggested the FO was "at least trying".

probably, because they weren't trying before- at least not hard enough to actually land anyone.

The Jokeman
07-28-2011, 02:44 PM
We signed a WR with 64 career receptions (half of which came in 2007-08) over 76 games THAT MUCH? I'm sorry this is just a waste of money. He's a great return man and yes in a pinch could be an emergency QB but this is absurd absolutely absurd. I understand we had the cap room but damn give Poz the extra millions he wants than sign a second string player that kind of money is just nuts.

OpIv37
07-28-2011, 02:44 PM
I think the folks who complain would complain about anything. I'm puzzled by the move but not upset, watch and wait.

Gotta disagree with you there. Lecter doesn't usually complain about the team.

And you shouldn't dismiss people just because they complain about the team. In case you didn't notice, the team was 4-12 last year. Most of the complaints were well warranted.

trapezeus
07-28-2011, 02:45 PM
i'd be fine with adding brad smith, if they even talked about addressing the LB and RT situation.

I just don't get how the first thing you address without LB and a RT is the 5th returner.

The bills better bring everyone in from the draft without missing a second of training camp. if dareus is delayed at all on contract issues, i'm done with the 2011 bills season. i'll be watching more out of addiction than with any hope.

Michael82
07-28-2011, 02:46 PM
I think Smith will add one more weapon to our arsenal. I'm not upset about adding him.

But we still need an ILB, OT and TE.

I agree. Although I'm not sure about TE...Gailey doesnt use them.

justasportsfan
07-28-2011, 02:48 PM
I heard he was brought in to play ILB.

X-Era
07-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Could be that a WR is on the move (trade). Parrish?

The Jokeman
07-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Could be that a WR is on the move (trade). Parrish?
Move Lee Evans, you'll get more for him as Ryan Fitzpatrick has shown to have no faith in him the last two years. Then keep Smith on the outside as has better size than Parrish who should stick to the slot.

DrGraves
07-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Good football player, not sure where he fits in but I'm glad to have him.

X-Era
07-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Move Lee Evans, you'll get more for him as Ryan Fitzpatrick has shown to have no faith in him the last two years. Then keep Smith on the outside as has better size than Parrish who should stick to the slot.You could move Lee. I love him, we could use him still but he is under used, expensive, and getting older.

But you don't trade Lee unless you get something very significant back... top 10 ILB, young QB, top 10 RT.

tampabay25690
07-28-2011, 02:58 PM
You could move Lee. I love him, we could use him still but he is under used, expensive, and getting older.

But you don't trade Lee unless you get something very significant back... top 10 ILB, young QB, top 10 RT.

I would luv to see Roscoe and Brad Smith put there together....
trade Lee would be a good thing...
Send him out West though......
Don't want to see him in the East to play vs........

Mski
07-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Could be that a WR is on the move (trade). Parrish?evans?

X-Era
07-28-2011, 02:59 PM
I would luv to see Roscoe and Brad Smith put there together....
trade Lee would be a good thing...
Send him out West though......
Don't want to see him in the East to play vs........He's fast and has good hands... how about to the Raiders for Rolando McClain?

GB? AJ Hawk and a pick?

Night Train
07-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Gailey loves athletes at QB and a good project to work with. Wonder if they told Smith they'd give him time in the QB meetings and look at him seriously as a candidate for 2012, if they don't get their man. He did it all at Mizzou and I'm sure Gailey is wondering.
He certainly won't be just a returner every once in a while at that price.

I still think Fitz is done after this year, with his expiring contract.

Interesting.

Beebe's Kid
07-28-2011, 03:08 PM

You need a damn tampoon!!

You had better be joking...or jumping up and down and saying "I hate this FA so far, just hate it" in the whiniest voice you can (Brad) muster.

Johnny Bugmenot
07-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Also hes going to be the third qb in my mind not a WR. Sure he will be used in the slot etc but I think he will get our Third qb designation
There is no third QB designation anymore-- catch up with the CBA.

ServoBillieves
07-28-2011, 03:10 PM
WAAAAH WE AREN'T SIGNING ANYBODY!!! WAAAAAAAH WE SIGNED SOMEBODY WHO I DIDN'T WANT!!!!! WAAAAAAH I WANT TO RUN THE ORGANIZATION.

I guarantee if we signed Peyton Manning someone here would complain. Welcome to Buffalo Brad.

Bill Cody
07-28-2011, 03:11 PM
15m? Really? I'm trying to absorb this.

Lone Stranger
07-28-2011, 03:18 PM
I see Ralph's hand in this. I can hear him telling NIx, "I see this Bob Smith guy on the Jets is available. Let's pick him up. I think he's originally from Buffalo; the fans'll love him. And we'll screw the Jets in the process. I remember he scored a touchdown once....the kind of player we need. Get after him right now".

(For those who do not know Bob Smith of HowdyDoody fame is a Buffalo product.)

mikemac2001
07-28-2011, 03:19 PM

less then 4 mill when we need to spend cap, can play a lot of rolls on the team.

OpIv37
07-28-2011, 03:21 PM
WAAAAH WE AREN'T SIGNING ANYBODY!!! WAAAAAAAH WE SIGNED SOMEBODY WHO I DIDN'T WANT!!!!! WAAAAAAH I WANT TO RUN THE ORGANIZATION.

I guarantee if we signed Peyton Manning someone here would complain. Welcome to Buffalo Brad.

Given how the team has performed in recent years, I think there are several people here who actually could run the organization better.

Seriously, I just don't understand some of you. This team fails time and time again, yet you're willing to give the FO the benefit of the doubt for every single move.

We have receivers and returners. We need linebackers and offensive tackles. I can't believe you're actually complaining about fans who want to address the needs this team has.

mysticsoto
07-28-2011, 03:28 PM
This is stupid.

What a joke.

Geez Lecter, don't go all Op on us. FA just started...and it looks like they are clearly trying to get Clabo. And by the way, your post should say, "Lose mediocre LB and mediocre Safety".

mikemac2001
07-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Geez Lecter, don't go all Op on us. FA just started...and it looks like they are clearly trying to get Clabo. And by the way, you're post should say, "Lose mediocre LB and mediocre Safety".

Losing crap....is still losing crap

Philagape
07-28-2011, 03:41 PM
He can play QB, WR and is a top kick returner. I like this signing very much. Superior athlete.

So can Parrish. What does Smith add that wasn't already here?

DraftBoy
07-28-2011, 03:44 PM
The price is pretty good but I still dont see the reason we needed to add Smith.

I believe I was told quite a few times about how good and deep we are at WR.

kingJofNYC
07-28-2011, 03:44 PM
How much is the guarantee/bonus portion, all I care about.

The price is pretty good but I still dont see the reason we needed to add Smith.

I believe I was told quite a few times about how good and deep we are at WR.

Agree but we may end losing someone in FA next season.

HAMMER
07-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Pissy, pissy. Will the douchers be happy if we sign Clabo, or will it still not be enough?

wmoz11
07-28-2011, 03:46 PM
Best all-around special teams player in the league. He's a good gunner and tackler.

Philagape
07-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Pissy, pissy. Will the douchers be happy if we sign Clabo, or will it still not be enough?

At least he would be an actual impact player.

Jeff1220
07-28-2011, 03:50 PM
So can Parrish. What does Smith add that wasn't already here?

An extra 50 lbs.?

Dr. Lecter
07-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Geez Lecter, don't go all Op on us. FA just started...and it looks like they are clearly trying to get Clabo. And by the way, your post should say, "Lose mediocre LB and mediocre Safety".
I will be impressed if they do get him. Trying means ****.

Those two might be mediocre, but that is still better than Byrd, Wilson. Scott, Searcy, Davis, Sheppard, Torbor or Batten.

It is not the players lost - it is replacing them with crap!

mysticsoto
07-28-2011, 03:57 PM

Those two might be mediocre, but that is still better than Byrd, Wilson. Scott, Searcy, Davis, Sheppard, Torbor or Batten.

You can't really say that until you see some of these guys. First, Scott is good - actually, better than Whitner. He's just not fast. But, IMO, his football IQ (reads, etc) are much better than Whitner. As for Searcy, Davis, Sheppard or Batten, you really don't know what they have to offer until you see them. Mikey and I saw Batten alot in TC last year and he looked great. I hope he's fully recovered from his injury. Let's see what some of these guys have to offer before we start calling them crap.

Philagape
07-28-2011, 03:58 PM
An extra 50 lbs.?

Sure, I'll take that over 50 catches and 800 yards

Mr. Pink
07-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Meaningless signing and I don't understand the point in it other that to get to the salary cap floor.

Dr. Lecter
07-28-2011, 04:01 PM
You can't really say that until you see some of these guys. First, Scott is good - actually, better than Whitner. He's just not fast. But, IMO, his football IQ (reads, etc) are much better than Whitner. As for Searcy, Davis, Sheppard or Batten, you really don't know what they have to offer until you see them. Mikey and I saw Batten alot in TC last year and he looked great. I hope he's fully recovered from his injury. Let's see what some of these guys have to offer before we start calling them crap.
Scott is not better than Whitner. Say what you will about Whitner in coverage, but he is 100 better than Scott.

And now, I do not know for sure what those guys will do. (Except Davis who sucked last year). The other three have never played in a NFL game. Expecting rookies to jump in and succeed, especially this year, is a folly. Looking great in TC is not that meaningful to me. Do it in a game.

psubills62
07-28-2011, 04:01 PM

Whitner was better than some people give him credit for, but 1) he wasn't that good compared to the other safeties on our roster, and 2) safety isn't that important of a position. Byrd and Wilson can easily handle the starting duties, IMO.

As far as LB goes, Sheppard can take his lumps. If they expect him to become the starter eventually, then he'll have to take the field sometime. Poz was a much better 4-3 LB than 3-4 LB. They also still have a chance to sign an ILB, and they've shown some interest in Burnett, I believe.

Ebenezer
07-28-2011, 04:17 PM

this.

Meaningless signing and I don't understand the point in it other that to get to the salary cap floor.

there are going to be some really weird signings (and over payments) around the league just so teams can get to the salary cap floor.

ParanoidAndroid
07-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Scott is not better than Whitner. Say what you will about Whitner in coverage, but he is 100 better than Scott.

And now, I do not know for sure what those guys will do. (Except Davis who sucked last year). The other three have never played in a NFL game. Expecting rookies to jump in and succeed, especially this year, is a folly. Looking great in TC is not that meaningful to me. Do it in a game.

I'm surprised that op is letting you pass on this "Whitner is good" talk.

chernobylwraiths
07-28-2011, 04:31 PM
I think Lecter is becoming unraveled.

chernobylwraiths
07-28-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm surprised that op is letting you pass on this "Whitner is good" talk.

Op knows better than to mess with the insane. :D

Mr. Miyagi
07-28-2011, 04:46 PM
This is stupid.

What a joke.

It's brilliant!

This means Andrew Luck!

Mike
07-28-2011, 04:56 PM
Be patient. It's part of Buddy's 6 year plan.

A plan that will make us worst in 6yrs

Mr. Pink
07-28-2011, 04:59 PM
this.

there are going to be some really weird signings (and over payments) around the league just so teams can get to the salary cap floor.

I understand that but would assume teams would overpay guys that actually make their team better. I don't even see how Brad Smith fits the team. We have returners, wildcat formation only QBs are useless and well yeah...Brad Smith here makes no sense.

YardRat
07-28-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm not liking this pick up at all.

That could be tempered with us signing an OT, a TE, and at least one LBer though.

Starters, not more scrubs.

mikemac2001
07-28-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm not liking this pick up at all.

That could be tempered with us signing an OT, a TE, and at least one LBer though.

Starters, not more scrubs.

Brad smith is not a scrub and fitz gailey's system perfectly

anytime he had the ball he seemed to make plays and was a great spark for the jets the past few years

YardRat
07-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Brad smith is not a scrub and fitz gailey's system perfectly

anytime he had the ball he seemed to make plays and was a great spark for the jets the past few years

The scrub comment was made within the context of the OT, TE and LBer.

We'll just have to wait and see how perfectly he fits in.

mikemac2001
07-28-2011, 05:49 PM
The scrub comment was made within the context of the OT, TE and LBer.

We'll just have to wait and see how perfectly he fits in.
\

Ok that makes a little more sense

but TE is an iffy position i like good te's but i dont see it as a worry in buffalo

OT if they get clabo (upgrade)

LBer is the only worry but poz didn't set the world on fire either

clumping platelets
07-28-2011, 05:51 PM
I love this signing! Versatility :nod:

YardRat
07-28-2011, 05:51 PM
\

Ok that makes a little more sense

but TE is an iffy position i like good te's but i dont see it as a worry in buffalo

OT if they get clabo (upgrade)

LBer is the only worry but poz didn't set the world on fire either

Hell, I wanted LBers while the POS was still on the team.

Smart money says he breaks something before week 6.

mikemac2001
07-28-2011, 05:52 PM
I love this signing! Versatility :nod:

I hated watching him in the game againist us but always loved watching him vs Other teams...plays hard and fast

ServoBillieves
07-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Given how the team has performed in recent years, I think there are several people here who actually could run the organization better.

Seriously, I just don't understand some of you. This team fails time and time again, yet you're willing to give the FO the benefit of the doubt for every single move.

We have receivers and returners. We need linebackers and offensive tackles. I can't believe you're actually complaining about fans who want to address the needs this team has.

In no way shape or form am I praising the front office when there is so much money to spend and needs to be filled. I'm pointing that at people complaining about adding SOMETHING rather than sitting on their hands. if we sign Clabo who is at least something and people complain, then I'll lose my temper with the complainers, but when people start aigning on the dptted line omorrow then I'll pass judgment on the FO.

mysticsoto
07-28-2011, 06:13 PM

Scott is better than Whitner when it comes to knowing what to do, where to be and in reads. Whitner is just faster than him. If Scott had Whitner's speed, he'd be a pretty damn good safety.

I don't know what these guys can do either - but that doesn't mean I'm going to call them "crap" like you did. That's just frustration...

Tatonka
07-28-2011, 06:22 PM
i cant see how this hurts us at all..

for all intents and purposes.. smith just knocked Jones off the roster..

so our WRs look like this.

Johnson
Evans
Rosco
Nelson
Easley
Smith

thats pretty good.. and who cares how much we paid. it is not coming out of your pocket book.. money is not relivant when we have 35 mill to spend...

is the guy better than jones? um.. do you really need to think about that? we just made our team better. period.

are there other spots to address? absolutely.. but we just got better regardless.

jills
07-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Typical, we need LB, OT, TE help so we go out and sign a gimmick player :fit:

Mike13
07-28-2011, 06:59 PM
You guys cannot waste money on a luxury player, I dont get it.

ChristopherWalken
07-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Im not crazy about this signing either. Wasted time, resources and efforts.

John Doe
07-28-2011, 07:11 PM
The Smith signing does what the wildcat did for Miami:

It makes opposing defenses prepare for all kinds of different formations and possible play calls.

wmoz11
07-28-2011, 07:23 PM
He'll be on Sirius around 830.

wmoz11
07-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Excited to have a team want him on their team.

Had a great talk with Gailey about how he'll be used (didn't expand on that one).

Says the new kickoff rules will affect him, but doesn't think it'll hurt. There's just a new strategy now.

Money is not what he's about. He's about being apart of something that he can contribute to more than he has already. Something he can take ownership of.

Thinks he can be ONE of the players to help the Bills contend. He didn't make this decision for money, but because he wants to build something special.

Excited about the high-powered offense that they have the potential to be especially after watching film of the Bills last year and taking good times to the brink.

Jets wanted him back but they couldn't commit to him because they are waiting on Asomuagh.

No ill-will towards Jets, but definitely looked at the calendar to see when we them.

Bunch of stupid Jets talk (Sanchez, etc...)

Well-spoken guy overall.

CuseJetsFan83
07-28-2011, 07:54 PM
Excited to have a team want him on their team.

Had a great talk with Gailey about how he'll be used (didn't expand on that one).

Says the new kickoff rules will affect him, but doesn't think it'll hurt. There's just a new strategy now.

Money is not what he's about. He's about being apart of something that he can contribute to more than he has already. Something he can take ownership of.

Thinks he can be ONE of the players to help the Bills contend. He didn't make this decision for money, but because he wants to build something special.

Excited about the high-powered offense that they have the potential to be especially after watching film of the Bills last year and taking good times to the brink.

Jets wanted him back but they couldn't commit to him because they are waiting on Asomuagh.

No ill-will towards Jets, but definitely looked at the calendar to see when we them.

Bunch of stupid Jets talk (Sanchez, etc...)

Well-spoken guy overall.

jets fans gave him a nickname "the amazing" as an homage for all the things he'd do... special teams (kickoff/punting), kickoff returns, wildcat qb, WR, etc.

the epitome of a team player. sucks to see him leave but nice to see him still around

bills got a great player and hopefully plays great 14 games out of the year :)

BUFF Bills
07-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Lets not overlook the fact that Brad Smith probably knows a good deal about the Jets offense... which could be enough to help our D in some way. That, coupled with his athleticism, is exactly what we need.

Mahdi
07-28-2011, 11:36 PM
Gailey loves athletes at QB and a good project to work with. Wonder if they told Smith they'd give him time in the QB meetings and look at him seriously as a candidate for 2012, if they don't get their man. He did it all at Mizzou and I'm sure Gailey is wondering.
He certainly won't be just a returner every once in a while at that price.

I still think Fitz is done after this year, with his expiring contract.

Interesting.
So yer happy that we brought in another team's 4th or 5th WR to compete at QB for us?

Or is it that we are happy that we brought in another team's returner to challenge our 5 other returners at returning?

Or are we happy that we brought in another team's 4th or 5th WR to challenge our 4th and 5th WRs?

Just want to know what we are so happy about here....

Maybe that we spent over 3 mil a season on a 4th or 5th WR...?

Mr. Pink
07-28-2011, 11:38 PM
So yer happy that we brought in another team's 4th or 5th WR to compete at QB for us?

Or is it that we are happy that we brought in another team's returner to challenge our 5 other returners at returning?

Or are we happy that we brought in another team's 4th or 5th WR to challenge our 4th and 5th WRs?

One of your bests posts ever. Just needed to say that after the flak I've given you over the years.

Mahdi
07-28-2011, 11:44 PM
One of your bests posts ever. Just needed to say that after the flak I've given you over the years.
I'll be sure to post something you don't like soon enough!

unpaid_bills
07-29-2011, 12:06 AM

Yes he can PLAY all those positions, but is not a starter at ANY. We need some IMPACT players. Not a bad role player, special teams and gadget plays. We have many other needs that could have been addressed. But they add another player at least who has some experience.

Mr. Pink
07-29-2011, 12:21 AM
I'll be sure to post something you don't like soon enough!

I'm sure you will! I'm just glad not everything is rainbows and unicorns in your world, I was beginning to wonder.

Mahdi
07-29-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm sure you will! I'm just glad not everything is rainbows and unicorns in your world, I was beginning to wonder.
Nope, things are really looking down lately, grey skies and no light at the end of the tunnel watsoever... !

go bills

Oaf
07-29-2011, 12:33 AM
Wildcat QB- Fred Jackson
6th WR- Sam Aiken (or, who really cares?)
KR/PR- Parrish/Spiller/McKelvin/McGee/Jackson/Jones/et al.
Offensive "wildcards"- Parrish/Spiller

Anyway you spin it, it's a waste of time and a headscratching move. I don't even care about the money.

Extremebillsfan247
07-29-2011, 12:52 AM
Well training camp should get interesting. I wonder which fan is going to draw the attention of Chan Gailey this year. lol I love this time of year.

mikemac2001
07-29-2011, 01:03 AM

Or we brought in one of our div rivals most explosive weapon
Or we could have won 3-6 more games by one play brad smith could make for us
or is it that we didn't get a big name guy who know one knows about
Or finally are there just fans that ***** and moan about everything.

i hated watching brad smith with the ball vs the bills... he has been a solid/deadly threat for them, plays hard and yes i listened to his interview cares about the game. he came to buffalo yes BC of the money but he wanted to play football and show he could do more then he was doing with the jets.

Mahdi
07-29-2011, 01:03 AM
Well training camp should get interesting. I wonder which fan is going to draw the attention of Chan Gailey this year. lol I love this time of year.
Too bad Gailey didn't listen to that fan during TC. Might have gotten himself another 2 wins.

Mahdi
07-29-2011, 01:07 AM
Or we brought in one of our div rivals most explosive weapon
Or we could have won 3-6 more games by one play brad smith could make for us
or is it that we didn't get a big name guy who know one knows about
Or finally are there just fans that ***** and moan about everything.

i hated watching brad smith with the ball vs the bills... he has been a solid/deadly threat for them, plays hard and yes i listened to his interview cares about the game. he came to buffalo yes BC of the money but he wanted to play football and show he could do more then he was doing with the jets.
Pretty sure their most explosive weapons last year were Holmes, Edwards, their TE and Tomlinson. Guys that are actually STARTERS!

Not gimmick players that pick up a first down or two or run a couple of reverses every two or three games.

How bout using that cash on top of the offer we made for Clabo to get him here.

If we didn't have a returner or a shifty WR I would understand but we are loaded in that department.

O and btw, he had 4 receptions last year, 38 carries for 299 yards and 2 completions.

So basically his biggest impact is special teams where we have a bunch of other guys... GREAT!

mikemac2001
07-29-2011, 01:24 AM
Pretty sure their most explosive weapons last year were Holmes, Edwards, their TE and Tomlinson. Guys that are actually STARTERS!

Not gimmick players that pick up a first down or two or run a couple of reverses every two or three games.

How bout using that cash on top of the offer we made for Clabo to get him here.

If we didn't have a returner or a shifty WR I would understand but we are loaded in that department.

O and btw, he had 4 receptions last year, 38 carries for 299 yards and 2 completions.

So basically his biggest impact is special teams where we have a bunch of other guys... GREAT!
38 carries for 300(rd up) 7.9 a carry thats pretty good, especially while not being a vocal point i think he will be in buffalo. how many players have 7.9 yds a touch

yes is this the top FA i would want no, but the bills made offers

Poz didn't want to play 3-4
Clabo used us to gain leverage on atl

florence wanted to be hear
smith wanted to be hear

you are acting like the bills didn't even try we have to win to bring in more talent

Mahdi
07-29-2011, 01:36 AM
38 carries for 300(rd up) 7.9 a carry thats pretty good, especially while not being a vocal point i think he will be in buffalo. how many players have 7.9 yds a touch

yes is this the top FA i would want no, but the bills made offers

Poz didn't want to play 3-4
Clabo used us to gain leverage on atl

florence wanted to be hear
smith wanted to be hear

you are acting like the bills didn't even try we have to win to bring in more talent
Do you believe this roster can win?

And you'll say we need to continue drafting well to win, ok well are we going to keep the players that we draft who pan out? History says we let our best players walk and continue to replace them with inferior talent.

So not even the "build through the draft" argument works.

Mr. Pink
07-29-2011, 01:50 AM
Clabo used us as leverage would be great...

IF he didn't sign in Atlanta for less money.

Bill Cody
07-29-2011, 08:58 AM
Best all-around special teams player in the league. He's a good gunner and tackler.

Still struggling with the 4 yrs/ 15m part. A special teamer that might play a snap or 2 at QB or WR doesn't get the kind of iron. Except maybe here.

wmoz11
07-29-2011, 09:06 AM
Still struggling with the 4 yrs/ 15m part. A special teamer that might play a snap or 2 at QB or WR doesn't get the kind of iron. Except maybe here.

You (and all of us) have no idea how they plan on using him. Obviously he was intrigued by what Gailey told him or he wouldn't have signed here. I think they have bigger offensive plans for him than we think.

Philagape
07-29-2011, 09:07 AM

Who cares about his yards per touch when he gets 2 touches a game?
Good thing he got 7.9 per touch, because under his new deal he'll get about $100,000 per touch.

mysticsoto
07-29-2011, 09:12 AM
Who cares about his yards per touch when he gets 2 touches a game?
Good thing he got 7.9 per touch, because under his new deal he'll get about $100,000 per touch.

All the likelihood pts to him getting more touches per game.

Bill Cody
07-29-2011, 09:21 AM
You (and all of us) have no idea how they plan on using him. Obviously he was intrigued by what Gailey told him or he wouldn't have signed here. I think they have bigger offensive plans for him than we think.

No, he signed here because we grossly overpaid him. As a comparison, this guy's making twice Wes Welker's salary.

The thing I think that bugs me is it's like the City tells you your house is being condemned because your roof leaks and there are holes in the walls. And you say "yeah I'll get to that later, let me put an extra coat of asphalt on the driveway". It's the same kind of thinking that thinks CJ Spiller was the right pick. I hope Smith earns his money. I hope Spiller is the next Gale Sayers. Oh well we'll see.

Historian
07-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Good football player, not sure where he fits in but I'm glad to have him.

My guess is that this is a band aid for the Hardy pick.

A tall rangy, athletc guy who can be used all over the field.

justasportsfan
07-29-2011, 10:11 AM
My guess is that this is a band aid for the Hardy pick.

Ha! The world is gonna think that we're going to beat the Pats,fins and Jets D. Noooooo! We're gonna score all season long via ST. Suckers.