mikemac2001
07-28-2011, 03:15 PM
On a plane to Boston waiting on release or trade to finalize

DrGraves
07-28-2011, 03:17 PM
wtf is going on in NE

Goobylal
07-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Sounds like 2007 all over again. Except no more SB trips.

X-Era
07-28-2011, 03:20 PM
On a plane to Boston waiting on release or trade to finalizeThat would be a nasty move for them. But Cinnci better get something good in return.

Raptor
07-28-2011, 03:22 PM
No biggie, he's done

mikemac2001
07-28-2011, 03:22 PM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/07/28/chad-speculation-goes-into-overdrive/

Ickybaluky
07-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Are you on the plane with him? Haven't heard of his being released.

mikemac2001
07-28-2011, 03:24 PM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/07/28/chad-speculation-goes-into-overdrive/

and he isn't done like the above statement said, he handled all the double teams and everything was focused on him by the D.

this is one link

but there is a bunch out there plus other information i have

Mike
07-28-2011, 04:35 PM
That would be a nasty move for them. But Cinnci better get something good in return.

They will pay a 4th for him no more than that. And he is def worth a 4th. hell most 4th rounders don't pan out so there it is.

Mike
07-28-2011, 04:36 PM
They need another good WR or 2 especially if the Jets get Nnamdi Asomugha.

Jeff1220
07-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Eventually, taking in all these headcases and/or malcontents is gonna come back and bite them in the rear. I really think Haynesworth is the one that will cause some headaches for BB. He can't fix everybody.

mikemac2001
07-28-2011, 04:57 PM
ESPN's John Clayton reports the Patriots have acquired Chad Ochocinco from the Bengals.Ochocinco, who was due $6 million, has agreed to new a three-year contract. The Patriots have yet to make waves in free agency, but they've bought dirt cheap on a pair of impact veterans who will be revitalized after escaping football purgatory. Ochocinco and coach Bill Belichick have long formed a mutual admiration society, so the this deal is no surprise. While Ocho is no longer a true downfield threat, he's still one of the best route runners in the league. The trade is great news for his fantasy value, and it wouldn't be a surprise if he finished 2011 as Tom Brady's most productive receiver. Jul 28, 5:49 PM

Buffalo Thriller
07-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Nfl network confirms it. Woooowww NE is loaded

better days
07-28-2011, 05:12 PM
Eventually, taking in all these headcases and/or malcontents is gonna come back and bite them in the rear. I really think Haynesworth is the one that will cause some headaches for BB. He can't fix everybody.

I agree, after hearing Jim Hasslet talk about him. "You tell him to put the phone down. The next meeting you have to tell him put the phone down.........again. Everyday you have to tell him the same thing over & over"

I don't see him being intimidated by Belichick or the other players either & he has his money so he can't be threatened with loss of a job.

Mr. Pink
07-28-2011, 05:32 PM
These teams in our division have talks or are actually making themselves better, so far...we've spun our wheels.

Maddening.

mrbojanglezs
07-28-2011, 05:36 PM
im sure he is happy to finally be able to contend

mikemac2001
07-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Are you on the plane with him? Haven't heard of his being released.

I was right? and i wasn't on his plane

Tatonka
07-28-2011, 05:55 PM
i just threw up in my mouth a little.

PromoTheRobot
07-28-2011, 06:49 PM
These teams in our division have talks or are actually making themselves better, so far...we've spun our wheels.

Maddening.

***** THE PATS. A team full of head cases with a cheating coach. ***** them...***** their coach...***** his hoodie.

PTR

Mike13
07-28-2011, 06:56 PM
Echoes of the Randy Moss trade.

CuseJetsFan83
07-28-2011, 07:56 PM
Echoes of the Randy Moss trade.

i can see ocho just being shut down and then continue playing catch with edelman, welker, hernandez and the other tight ends NE have

psubills62
07-28-2011, 08:31 PM
i can see ocho just being shut down and then continue playing catch with edelman, welker, hernandez and the other tight ends NE have
Yep. I don't think he'll be anything much beyond a distraction in NE. Just someone to help keep attention off the real focus of that offense.

BillsFever21
07-28-2011, 09:35 PM

Maddening.

What else is new? It's like this every year.

If there is anybody who can get Haynesworth productive again and keep him and Ochocinco in line it's the Patriots and Belicheck. Ochocinco isn't still a Top 5 or Top 10 WR but he is still pretty good especially if he's put on a good team and situation like he will be with the Patriots.

When they traded for Moss everyone said the same thing too after his stint with the Raiders was as bad as could be and look at how well he acted and played for them.

Players can change when they go to a team with a proven track record and a coach who is able to control the different personalities like the Patriots. They know they have a chance to make a Super Bowl run and that can help make all the difference in the world.

These are a couple great moves by the Patriots to make them even better. If for some reason they don't work out then they can get rid of them without any further financial obligations since the signing bonus money is already paid for. These moves are a win-win for the Patriots.

They also didn't have to give up much for draft pick compensation and they always have tons of draft picks from savvy draft pick trades every year by moving down and getting a draft pick the following season in the next highest round so they are not really losing much. If anything they have too many draft picks.

But hey we signed Brad Smith and Tyler Thigpen. The rest of the division and the moves they are making can't compete with that. If the Dolphins get Kyle Orton that will improve their team quite a bit. He is a very serviceable QB.

BillsFever21
07-28-2011, 09:36 PM
After years and years of losing with the Bengals Ochocinco might actually be a good soldier knowing that he has as good as chance as any team at winning the Super Bowl.

Knowing that you have a chance to win changes players. We have seen it before with the Patriots and other teams. Especially when that player is a veteran who doesn't have many years left to try and win a ring and throw in the fact that he came from a team who had a history of losing while he was there.

Jaydog57
07-29-2011, 10:16 AM
This blows. I always thought he was entertaining to watch, now he's on my least favorite team in football.

justasportsfan
07-29-2011, 10:28 AM
With BB, Haynesworth and Chad egos, this is a preview of the Pats locker room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiaF0g6fkJk&feature=related

BuffaloBlitz83
07-29-2011, 10:32 AM
How could the Bengals deal dim for a 5th and 6th. Why not wait a little bit. I'm sure you could have gotten a 3rd or 4th. Chad's antics on field aren't as bad as Randy and TO. He just loves attention

trapezeus
07-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Ochocinco is going to burn out after scoring so many times against the bills in week 3 from all the celebration dances.

stuckincincy
07-29-2011, 11:29 AM
I've watched his entire career.

He's been largely healthy, and has suffered numerous big hits, and came back. Just like B'gals ex Corey Dillon, Ochodinko comes to play. He's a charming flake, but save for one year, he means business. He runs supurb patterns - he's greased lightning off the LOS - if he still has gas in his tank, his moving to NE isn't good for BUF.

Examples of hits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpVvmATPi2w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw5TjhYQgr4

We all know about his short-arm season when he was in a personal funk, wanted a trade (fat chance with CIN's owner), when Whitner cheap-shot whacked him going down and he proceeded to play possum.