PDA

View Full Version : Gettin really sick of this crap !!!

hemi13
07-28-2011, 05:37 PM
I don't know about the rest of ya all, but I'm sick and tired of ownership not wanting to put a winner on the field. While at the same time the Pats and Jets(and don't ask me how they are going to fit under the cap) can keep making themselves better while we do nothing or very little. Don't get me wrong, I'll always be a Bills fan (as long as they stay in Buffalo, that is), but this is crap. Sorry, just had to vent ! ! !:drunks:

B-DON
07-28-2011, 05:42 PM
here we go again, chill out bro

FlyingDutchman
07-28-2011, 05:42 PM
I hear ya on the frustration but in reality who would you like to seen us make a move for?

ServoBillieves
07-28-2011, 05:49 PM
With the CBA, we are emcouraged to spend to the cap floor correct?

PromoTheRobot
07-28-2011, 06:52 PM
How many games have they played in 2011? None? Then STFU!

PTR

OpIv37
07-28-2011, 08:07 PM
How many games have they played in 2011? None? Then STFU!

PTR

here we go again, chill out bro

**** chilling out.

I swear, some of you never get sick of being wrong.

Every year, our FO sits back and watches as our opponents get better. And every year, those of us who criticize the FO on this board get chewed out. We're fed lines like "FA's not over yet" and "our rookies will contribute" and "just wait until our 2nd year guys have more experience" and "its the second year in the same system."

And every year, none of it ****ing plays out.

True, no games have been played yet. But anyone who's been paying attention knows what will happen when they are played.

We've seen this episode before.

Goobylal
07-28-2011, 08:08 PM
What do you want? They went after Clabo but Atlanta matched the offer.

don137
07-28-2011, 08:09 PM
The problem is no one wants to play in Buffalo. The Bills are going after good talent.

OpIv37
07-28-2011, 08:14 PM
What do you want? They went after Clabo but Atlanta matched the offer.

I don't know, maybe outbid another team for once? Just a thought. The Patriots and the Jets never seem to have a problem doing it.

Goobylal
07-28-2011, 08:15 PM
I don't know, maybe outbid another team for once? Just a thought. The Patriots and the Jets never seem to have a problem doing it.
The Falcons reportedly matched the Bills' offer. And depending on the numbers, there's a point up to which you go. I'd love to see the numbers.

CuseJetsFan83
07-28-2011, 08:15 PM

but don't forget it is alot easier to sell NYC metro and boston as opposed to buffalo/niagara falls

now if this were 20 years ago, this wouldn't even be a question.... they'd be in the middle of the k-gun era

OpIv37
07-28-2011, 08:17 PM
The Falcons reportedly matched the Bills' offer. And depending on the numbers, there's a point up to which you go. I'd love to see the numbers.

me too, especially since we're not even close to the cap floor, even with Brad Smith and re-signing Florence. They're going to have to spend sooner or later, and we all know that there is no one on our roster worth spending on.

OpIv37
07-28-2011, 08:18 PM
but don't forget it is alot easier to sell NYC metro and boston as opposed to buffalo/niagara falls

now if this were 20 years ago, this wouldn't even be a question.... they'd be in the middle of the k-gun era

that's the "glass half full" way of saying that no one wants to play in Buffalo

CuseJetsFan83
07-28-2011, 08:22 PM
that's the "glass half full" way of saying that no one wants to play in Buffalo

well buffalo hasn't been to the playoffs since the scam in nashville.... its hard to sell on a "winner" in buffalo unless you win

hemi13
07-28-2011, 09:47 PM
SCREW YOU PROMO !

Mike
07-28-2011, 09:48 PM
**** chilling out.

Every year, our FO sits back and watches as our opponents get better. And every year, those of us who criticize the FO on this board get chewed out. We're fed lines like "FA's not over yet" and "our rookies will contribute" and "just wait until our 2nd year guys have more experience" and "its the second year in the same system."

True, no games have been played yet. But anyone who's been paying attention knows what will happen when they are played.

Don't you see, that this is like religion? This goes beyond logic, its totally outside of it. Many of these a fans are true fanatics, crazy, etc.. and they will make up any excuse for themselves and their teams no matter how obvious it is that their teams suck or is not improving.

These fans are just like the fans of the Detroit team that went 0-16 yet the fans believed above all else that this team was a year or two away from a SB or a player or 2 away from winning it. They are delusional. Think North Korea, think brainwashed, think Muslim or Christian Fanatics/Extremists, etc,,,, they believe in this, like the Nazi solders believed in killing and torturing Jews, they believe it so strongly that they are willing to overlook all common sense, logic, and rationale!

For you OP you have to thank God that these guys are this way with football instead of politics or religion because before you know it your fellow fanatic is out there killing for a cause....

BillsFever21
07-28-2011, 10:06 PM
**** chilling out.

Every year it's the same ones like us that tell it how it is and every year it's the same people saying the exact stuff that you stated above about why we are going to be better. Why all of them are valid points as to how a team could improve they seem to forget there are 31 other teams that have them same reasons and most of them did a better job at drafting and developing their players then we have. They act like we are the only ones who just had a rookie draft and have second year players that should improve.

One of these years they will be right and tell us "See I told you so. Boy are you guys stupid and a bunch of negative fans" I would love to hear them words for once. Unfortunately we haven't been able to hear them for about 11 years now.

kingJofNYC
07-28-2011, 10:21 PM
**** chilling out.

No one wants to play for this team, haven't you noticed?

TO came here as a last ****ing resort. Poz up and left, Clabo wouldn't touch us even if we offered more (guy is already on a winning team).

Don't blame this FO, blame the past FO's that failed in the draft, never fielded a winner, and created the image we have. We do this through the draft, until then no big time free agent will play here, especially with NE and the Jets sitting at the top.

Mike
07-28-2011, 10:29 PM

TO came here as a last ****ing resort. Poz up and left, Clabo wouldn't touch us even when we offered more.

Don't blame this FO, blame the past FO's that failed in the draft, never fielded a winner, and created the image we have. We do this through the draft, until then no big time free agent will come to play here, especially with NE and the Jets.

"Oh Boy, Cry me a river! No one likes Bfo, the city, the weather, etc.... I know I know there is Absolutely Nothing this FO can do to win, its outside of their control. FA won't come here, there is not enough money, the draft is a crap shoot and we all make mistakes, its like Impossible for the Bills to become a winner. I know I know tell me about it... "

This is what a Looser Looks like, they have whats known as a Looser Mentality! Obviously it has No Basis in reality, just ask Pats going from 5win team that no one wanted to play for to a Dynasty that everyone wants to play for.... go cry me a river, just as Pit fans and they will tell you the same things about the Pirates, "no on likes us" or our "city" yet their Steelers are loaded, I hope you know that that arguments is a load of crap... but you can cry me a river...

kingJofNYC
07-28-2011, 10:33 PM
"Oh Boy, Cry me a river! No one likes Bfo, the city, the weather, etc.... I know I know there is Absolutely Nothing this FO can do to win, its outside of their control. FA won't come here, there is not enough money, the draft is a crap shoot and we all make mistakes, its like Impossible for the Bills to become a winner. I know I know tell me about it... "

This is what a Looser Looks like, they have whats known as a Looser Mentality! Obviously it has No Basis in reality, just ask Pats going from 5win team that no one wanted to play for to a Dynasty that everyone wants to play for.... go cry me a river, just as Pit fans and they will tell you the same things about the Pirates, "no on likes us" or our "city" yet their Steelers are loaded, I hope you know that that arguments is a load of crap... but you can cry me a river...
HAHAHAHA

You used the Pats as an example, terrible example. That Pat team was home grown, with a bunch of outcasts thrown in. Who was Vrabel before coming over, no one. What about Tom Brady, who the **** was that guy? They did it through the draft.

I said nothing about the city, doubt players harbor ill will towards the fans, city or weather. It's the team. They see Bills and think losers. Merriman said it himself last season, I didn't think this team was any good until I came here, to paraphrase.

It's not a loser mentality, it's ****ing reality. Until we turn this ship around with home grown players, post a winning record, players will think twice about coming here. End of story.

OpIv37
07-28-2011, 10:33 PM

TO came here as a last ****ing resort. Poz up and left, Clabo wouldn't touch us even if we offered more (guy is already on a winning team).

Don't blame this FO, blame the past FO's that failed in the draft, never fielded a winner, and created the image we have. We do this through the draft, until then no big time free agent will play here, especially with NE and the Jets sitting at the top.

it's the FO's job to make people want to play here.

Doing things like drafting Spiller, only to plop his ass on the bench, and signing Green, only to cut him mid-season, certainly aren't going to help

I realize this FO got dealt a ****ty hand, but they're not doing much to improve the situation.

Philagape
07-28-2011, 11:12 PM

Actually, if the sources are true, they didn't. Atlanta got a contender discount.

Bert102176
07-28-2011, 11:20 PM
even big name coaches don't wanna coach here if we could get a big name coach that would help bring good players in too

kingJofNYC
07-28-2011, 11:35 PM
Right, they ****ing begged Cowher and he wasn't having it.

Harbaugh wouldn't even interview.

Mahdi
07-29-2011, 12:25 AM
Face it guys, this is the reality of Buffalo. The only FAs that will come here are ones that we seriously overpay (Brad Smith, Cornell Green etc) or average NFL players just looking to land a starting spot on a crappy team.

Look at who we spend our cash on:

Cornell Green
Andra Davis
Chris Kelsay --> mind numbing
Reggie Torbor
Drayton Florence --> who actually at the time we signed him was coming off a bad season
Geoff Hangartner
Dawan Edwards --> only above average player here

Compare that list to other teams in our division and its a sad sad joke.

Its either no one wants to come here or we are not willing to outbid other teams to bring them here.

Either way its crap

Extremebillsfan247
07-29-2011, 01:04 AM
I don't know about the rest of ya all, but I'm sick and tired of ownership not wanting to put a winner on the field. While at the same time the Pats and Jets(and don't ask me how they are going to fit under the cap) can keep making themselves better while we do nothing or very little. Don't get me wrong, I'll always be a Bills fan (as long as they stay in Buffalo, that is), but this is crap. Sorry, just had to vent ! ! !:drunks:Nix has made it clear from day 1 of his tenure that the Bills will not be big spenders on the free agent market. So, then why is it always such a big surprise to people here when this team doesn't go after Asumuga, Haynesworth, OchoCinco, Bush, etc? That's just not how this current regime operates. The Bills are in the middle of a rebuilding process. If they were just 1 or 2 players away from contending, then I could see how going after some of these guys might be worth the money these teams are going to have to fork over to get them. We are not at that point yet. JMO

BillsFever21
07-30-2011, 08:53 PM
Sometimes you might have to overpay for a good player or two to get them to come here. God knows we should from the money we have saved from being about 30 million under the cap every year for the past 4 years or so plus the money they have under the cap this year.

Add that in with some good drafting and bringing a culture of an up and coming team players will come after that. Unfortunately our team has been incapable of doing any of that. Ralph won't spend the money to bring in a good GM and FO. It all trickles down from there.

Once you have a good GM and FO established a good coach might want to come here. Or god forbid if you have to pay out the money it takes to get a good coach here instead of the Dollar General coaches we have hired for the past decade.

Once you have all that established and you show that you are a team committed to winning and are surrounded by intelligent people running the show then players will come. Once you actually start winning they will want to come even more as long as you offer them a competitive contract. In the meantime you might have to overpay a little bit to get some good players but it could benefit you in the long run.

DesertFox24
07-30-2011, 09:05 PM
Well all one needs to do is look at the last super bowl and see how active they have been in free agency through the years.