• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BLeonard
    BoB Sabermetrician
    • Jan 2003

Falcons Re-sign Clabo

Per Schefter: http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/96743941529022466

Falcons reached agreement with OT Tyson Clabo.
    -Bill
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: Falcons Re-sign Clabo

late...:)

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Buh-bye.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

He wanted to stay a Falcon ultimately or he would have just taken our offer. I;m not angry by this at all. I think Matt Light would come cheaper and would be able to play LT in a pinch.

Comment

• BLeonard
          BoB Sabermetrician
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
          late...:)
          You had no link... I know some net-nazis insist on them... :)

-Bill

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

I'm not as high on Clabo as some others are.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

This just shows how little people want to play in Buffalo. Let's face it, it will take drafting a player like Andrew Luck and a few of the players drafted under Nix developing into good players so the Bills can be seen as an up and coming team before players want to come here.
              I guess the Bills can renegotiate some players contract and make it front load heavy to reach the floor of the cap to put them in good position for future years.
              Just when you feel this franchise cannot get any lower you see how no one truly wants to come to Buffalo.
              I feel like the Bills franchise belongs on the land of misfit toys.
              Last edited by don137; 07-28-2011, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

It will not shock me to see us get in on another significant player

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by don137
                  This just shows how little people want to play in Buffalo. Let's face it, it will take drafting a player like Andrew Luck and a few of the players drafted under Nix developing into good players so the Bills can be seen as an up and coming team before players want to come here.
                  I guess the Bills can renegotiate some players contract and make it front load heavy to reach the floor of the cap to put them in good position for future years.
                  Just when you feel this franchise cannot get any lower you see how no one truly wants to come to Buffalo.
                  I feel like the Bills franchise belongs on the land of misfit toys.
                  I really don;t think that's fair. We can't read the guys mind. He probably loves ATL. They reportedly matched our offer, at that point it makes total sense for him to stay.

He's one guy.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
                    I really don;t think that's fair. We can't read the guys mind. He probably loves ATL. They reportedly matched our offer, at that point it makes total sense for him to stay.

He's one guy.
                    Well, they said they wanted Poz and they couldn't keep him. They said they wanted Clabo and they couldn't get him. It's not one guy- it's two guys in the past 2 or 3 days.

Who was the last significant FA to come to Buffalo? Probably TO, but he had few choices and he did nothing. Florence is decent, but we really have to go back to Takeo Spikes to find a FA who truly contributed.

This organization continues to get their asses handed to them in FA. It's really getting sickening.

And for the record, I'm glad Poz walked, but it still doesn't bode well for the FO when they say they want him and can't keep him.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

We are trying hard to improve the team.
                      I am The Batman.

Comment

• methos4ever
                        • Apr 2004

Can't we look at a guy that is showing loyalty to the organization that signed him as a UDFA and developed him into a starter rather than the woe is me, the Bills can't sign anyone? Shoot, if Peters had gone about his business like Clabo, the line would be in far better shape..

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          Well, they said they wanted Poz and they couldn't keep him. They said they wanted Clabo and they couldn't get him. It's not one guy- it's two guys in the past 2 or 3 days.

Who was the last significant FA to come to Buffalo? Probably TO, but he had few choices and he did nothing. Florence is decent, but we really have to go back to Takeo Spikes to find a FA who truly contributed.

This organization continues to get their asses handed to them in FA. It's really getting sickening.

And for the record, I'm glad Poz walked, but it still doesn't bode well for the FO when they say they want him and can't keep him.
                          1) It's one guy who wasn't ours to start with
                          2) Poz was a loss that has yet to be replaced... but we also didn't overpay
                          3) Winning will attract attention
                          4) Until #3 happens, the Bills need to keep trying and they will land a guy or two
                          Last edited by X-Era; 07-28-2011, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

It isn't our fault the dumbass actually has delusions about being a better fit for a 4-3.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

They also said they wouldn't be targeting any top-60 FA's, and that was obviously false.

Comment

Working...
                              X