PDA

View Full Version : RT, what are other options in FA?

X-Era
07-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Ryan Harris
Jared Gaither
Charles Johnson
Jammal Brown
Matt Light
Jeremy Trueblood

Clabo was one guy. Personally I think very highly of Hairston but I don;t want to be forced to start a rookie. I'd like a solid starter for a year or so.

I'd like Light but he's reportedly working on re-signing with the Pats.

cordog
07-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Max Starks

YardRat
07-28-2011, 08:20 PM
I would've liked Bushrod, and would still take a shot at Gaither.

NOT THE DUDE...
07-28-2011, 08:25 PM
Ryan Harris
Jeremy Trueblood

X-Era
07-28-2011, 08:26 PM
I would've liked Bushrod, and would still take a shot at Gaither.Injuries worry me with Gaither. But, if healthy, he may be better than the rest of my list.

X-Era
07-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Rumor is Trueblood has resigned already.

Gaither, Starks, or Light would be my picks.

Raptor
07-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Gaither I guess but I wouldn't give him any type of big money

NOT THE DUDE...
07-28-2011, 08:49 PM
RYAN OCALLAGHAN is big and young, started for chiefs in 09, but i dont know if he is better than pears... what about charlie johnson, good pass protector...

NOT THE DUDE...
07-28-2011, 08:50 PM
i think we should focus our money on dline and lbs.. jmo

right now we have pears, wrotto, hairston, and wang all going for that rt spot, im sure we will be ok there. is it as good as clabo, no, but we will be fine. lets fix the front 7

cookie G
07-28-2011, 09:03 PM
1. Jammal Brown...just getting over his injuries in the last half of last year.

2. Sean Locklear...a surprise, but graded out the best of RT's in terms of QB pressure last year.

3. Brian Waters - just released. Will be good for a year or two. Levitre, Wood and Waters on the interior.

4. Sign Harvey Dahl for spite...and an upgrade.

5. Don't draft another f***ing defensive back for the next f***ing 5 years.

NOT THE DUDE...
07-28-2011, 09:10 PM
**** it, i want cullen jenkins

X-Era
07-28-2011, 09:11 PM
1. Jammal Brown...just getting over his injuries in the last half of last year.

2. Sean Locklear...a surprise, but graded out the best of RT's in terms of QB pressure last year.

3. Brian Waters - just released. Will be good for a year or two. Levitre, Wood and Waters on the interior.

4. Sign Harvey Dahl for spite...and an upgrade.

5. Don't draft another f***ing defensive back for the next f***ing 5 years.Brown and Locklear both make some sense. I was just talking about RT's.

cookie G
07-28-2011, 09:17 PM
Brown and Locklear both make some sense. I was just talking about RT's.

I know. But the Waters thing just came up, since he just got released tonight.

Haley hinted that his run blocking was going down hill, but Haley's a scum, and I really wouldn't trust anything he says. Waters wanted out when he got there and was vocal about it.

Waters made the Pro Bowl last year and was voted by his peers as one of the NFL's top 100 players.

We get 2 years out of him we're ahead of the game.

X-Era
07-29-2011, 06:25 AM
Rumors of Gaither to the Raiders... Theres a team we could probably beat in a fight for a UFA

Night Train
07-29-2011, 06:29 AM
I'll duck after saying this.. but Pears was hardly a failure when in the linup at the end of the year.

Still, i can see them bringing someone in the next few days.

X-Era
07-29-2011, 06:31 AM
Pat McQuistan is UFA... why does it seem like he's actually fairly good? Nevermind... 16 games, 8 started with 7 penalties and 2 sacks.

A few other names:

Alex Barron
Jammal Brown

And Kirk Chambers and Langston Walker :couch:

Extremebillsfan247
07-29-2011, 06:34 AM
Jamaal Anderson DE from Atlanta was just released. Don't know what kind of interest he might get. Just throwing that name out there.

DraftBoy
07-29-2011, 06:47 AM
Starks is about a twinkie short of 400 and that's why Pitt released him. Horrible condition reportedly.

X-Era
07-29-2011, 06:49 AM
Starks is about a twinkie short of 400 and that's why Pitt released him. Horrible condition reportedly.And with the injury crap with Gaither I'm thinking Ryan Harris.

Harris had 2 penalties and 3.25 sacks in 10 games as the starter last year...

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=8324&team=7

Luisito23
07-29-2011, 06:53 AM
I don't like Harris, I rather take my chances with Gaither.

X-Era
07-29-2011, 06:54 AM
I don't like Harris, I rather take my chances with Gaither.Jammal Brown may be a decent option too.

mysticsoto
07-29-2011, 06:57 AM
Starks is about a twinkie short of 400 and that's why Pitt released him. Horrible condition reportedly.

Just about to say the same thing. Starks had a really bad neck condition that I think is extremely dangerous and has ballooned up to high 300s. No way we should even consider him...

Luisito23
07-29-2011, 07:01 AM
Starks should just retire already. That guy is in no condition to ever play football again.

The Jokeman
07-29-2011, 07:34 AM
Jamaal Brown be tops of my list. I also like Gaither because both have shown they can also play LT which is hardly a position of strength for the Bills either.

better days
07-29-2011, 07:36 AM
Ryan Harris
Jeremy Trueblood

Trueblood resigned with Tampa.

X-Era
07-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Gaither signed with the Raiders.

Go after Kaczur.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/29/raiders-land-jared-gaither/

Mr. Pink
07-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Shawn Andrews
Khalif Barnes
Alex Barron
Jammal Brown
Kirk Chambers
Willie Colon
Ryan Cook
Oniel Cousins
Renardo Foster
Jared Gaither
Ryan Harris
Mario Henderson
Stephon Heyer
Tony Hills
Charlie Johnson
Nick Kaczur
James Lee
Matt Light
Sean Locklear
Ryan O'Callaghan
Quinn Ojinnaka
Michael Otto
Chris Patrick
Rob Petitti
Chester Pitts
Tyler Polumbus
Barry Richardson
Dennis Roland
Jonathan Scott
Rich Seubert
Barry Sims
Zach Strief
Mark Tauscher
Jeremy Trueblood
Langston Walker
Ray Willis

Dunno how updated this list is with guys who are already signed but here's a list of the Tackle options still available. Since we're talking to McCargo maybe we'll bring back Langston Walker too!

YardRat
07-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Jamaal Brown be tops of my list. I also like Gaither because both have shown they can also play LT which is hardly a position of strength for the Bills either.

I'd still rather see us go after a LT and move Bell to the right side.

X-Era
08-02-2011, 07:10 PM
RT flying under the radar... Sean Locklear. There's a guy who is better than Pears now, would come pretty cheap, and gives us quality depth at the least.

"OT Sean Locklear, Age: 30
The skinny: The eight-year pro started 78 games for the Seahawks, but likely will be moving on with Seattle selecting offensive tackle James Carpenter in the first round of this year’s draft to start at right tackle. Seahawks’ brass asked Locklear to restructure his contract last year, and he agreed shave the last two years off of his deal, reducing last year’s salary from $5.4 million to $3.4 million to a one year, $3.25 million deal in 2010. Locklear never complained, and by the end of the season was one of the team’s most consistent linemen. A former member of Seattle’s coaching staff said he believed that Locklear was a top 15 linemen in the league, so there likely will be some interest from teams looking for a right tackle to come in and play right away.
Stay or go? The North Carolina State product will play elsewhere in 2011"

Read more: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2011/07/21/hawks-free-agents-who-stays-and-who-goes/#ixzz1Tv62MWEo