PDA

View Full Version : To Negative Fans

Mike
07-28-2011, 10:43 PM
You know its kinda funny, All of the Negative Fans, you know those of us who have been calling a spade a spade for 10yrs now, get so much flack for pointing the obvious that when the Bills turn around - and yes someday they will- and many of us Negative fans become Positive Fans because the team is making obviously good choices, many of you currently delusional fans will Feel like we are jumping on the bandwagon. As if you somehow are more correct or a bigger fan in supporting the Bills even in their poor choices by looking the other way, and us rational fans will be reduced to band wagon jumpers, for supporting the team and being positive regarding their decisions when the Bills are winning.....

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2011, 10:46 PM
You know its kinda funny, All of the Negative Fans, you know those of us who have been calling a spade a spade for 10yrs now, get so much flack for pointing the obvious that when the Bills turn around - and yes someday they will- and many of us Negative fans become Positive Fans because the team is making obviously good choices, many of you currently delusional fans will Feel like we are jumping on the bandwagon. As if you somehow are more correct or a bigger fan in supporting the Bills even in their poor choices by looking the other way, and us rational fans will be reduced to band wagon jumpers, for supporting the team and being positive regarding their decisions when the Bills are winning.....
My god let me print you out a medal!!

YOU ARE SOOOO SMART!!!

Luisito23
07-28-2011, 10:48 PM
when the Bills turn around

More than likely we probably won't have to worry about that for another decade.

better days
07-28-2011, 10:54 PM

Well, until the day comes that the Bills win, you negative fans will not call a spade a spade, but will blame past failure on the people in charge today as if they had anything to do with past mistakes they were not here to make.

If you were to call a spade a spade, you would acknowledge the Bills now have a HC & front office that knows what they are doing. But you won't do that until forced to do so by the wins of the team.

Negative fans that remain negative as the Bills rebuild & show improvement will be considered band wagon fans by the true rational Bills fans when the negative fans jump on the band wagon AFTER the Bills start winning.

Demon
07-28-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm not a negative person. I am a realist.

You're not a positive person. You're delusional.

Philagape
07-28-2011, 11:01 PM
the Bills now have a HC & front office that knows what they are doing.

By what measure?

Mr. Pink
07-28-2011, 11:09 PM
We're not rebuilding and haven't done any rebuilding since Donahoe and Mularkey were here. Donahoe F'd Mularkey by making him have Losman and Losman alone to start at QB. Dick Jauron and now Chan Gailey are both spinning their wheels in mediocrity hires.

Actually Gailey is the we are worse hire. Sorry. As bad as Jauron was, Gailey has made this team worse.

We'll get better again, when we make a real hire at the GM position. A GM that will bring in a real HC. A real HC who will hire a real staff. I long for that to happen.

Cue the I'm a negative nancy responses and some neg rep in 3....2....1....

better days
07-28-2011, 11:12 PM
By what measure?

Well, you can look at the fact that while rebuilding in the FIRST year the Bills managed to take 4 ELITE playoff teams to overtime before losing & were an exciting team to watch even when losing.

You can also look at the number of players drafted & otherwise signed in the last two years that are still Bills unlike past years when half the draft class was cut by year two & some who weren't should have been.

And don't bring up Maybin. Nix was not responsible for drafting him & if he does not show something soon he will get cut.

Philagape
07-28-2011, 11:17 PM
Well, you can look at the fact that while rebuilding in the FIRST year the Bills managed to take 4 ELITE playoff teams to overtime before losing & were an exciting team to watch even when losing.

You can also look at the number of players drafted & otherwise signed in the last two years that are still Bills unlike past years when half the draft class was cut by year two & some who weren't should have been.

And don't bring up Maybin. Nix was not responsible for drafting him & if he does not show something soon he will get cut.

That's a pretty low bar for "know what they're doing." I interpret that as, building a legit contender. LOOOONG way to go until there's evidence of that.

Philagape
07-28-2011, 11:19 PM

You're not a positive person. You're delusional.

There are no negative fans, only negative teams with objective fans.

better days
07-28-2011, 11:20 PM
We're not rebuilding and haven't done any rebuilding since Donahoe and Mularkey were here. Donahoe F'd Mularkey by making him have Losman and Losman alone to start at QB. Dick Jauron and now Chan Gailey are both spinning their wheels in mediocrity hires.

Actually Gailey is the we are worse hire. Sorry. As bad as Jauron was, Gailey has made this team worse.

We'll get better again, when we make a real hire at the GM position. A GM that will bring in a real HC. A real HC who will hire a real staff. I long for that to happen.

Well, if you are happy to watch a mediocre BORING team, you can watch your Browns. Nix & Gailey will get the Bills turned around & winning while the Browns go 7-9, 8-8, 7-9, 6-10. That is spinning wheels, not blowing up a pile of crap to build something worthwhile.

Bangarang
07-28-2011, 11:21 PM
At least we got Dareus. However, if he doesn't have 3 sacks in his first game I'm sure there will be the "Dareus is a bust" thread.

BertSquirtgum
07-28-2011, 11:24 PM
i hate all the ***** ass crying by all the rational fans. if you're so ****ing sick of the bills then go do something else.

better days
07-28-2011, 11:27 PM
That's a pretty low bar for "know what they're doing." I interpret that as, building a legit contender. LOOOONG way to go until there's evidence of that.

When a team has as many holes as the Bills did when Nix was hired, it takes a LOOOONG time to fill in the holes. Instead of putting a cold patch on the holes that won't last & just leads to a bigger deeper hole, the Bills are ripping up the road & laying a brand new one. Yes that takes a LOOOONG time.

ServoBillieves
07-28-2011, 11:29 PM
Got a Bills tattoo... Don't think I can ever be considered bandwagon...

Mr. Pink
07-28-2011, 11:29 PM
Well, if you are happy to watch a mediocre BORING team, you can watch your Browns. Nix & Gailey will get the Bills turned around & winning while the Browns go 7-9, 8-8, 7-9, 6-10. That is spinning wheels, not blowing up a pile of crap to build something worthwhile.

I wanna see you say this when the Bills go 4-12 again.

Nix/Gailey took a mediocre team and made them worse and still have done nothing to make them any better. At least this years first round pick should make an impact though unlike last years.

BertSquirtgum
07-28-2011, 11:32 PM

this post is about as worthless as a pile of ****.

better days
07-28-2011, 11:33 PM

Nix/Gailey took a mediocre team and made them worse and still have done nothing to make them any better. At least this years first round pick should make an impact though unlike last years.

I would rather watch the Bills go 4-12 again this year followed by 9-7 or 10-6 next year & see them compete for years to come down the road than to watch a consistant .500 team.

Mr. Pink
07-28-2011, 11:33 PM
this post is about as worthless as a pile of ****.

Truth hurts doesn't it? Thanks for the neg...knew I could count on you!

Luisito23
07-28-2011, 11:34 PM
Got a Bills tattoo... Don't think I can ever be considered bandwagon...

Actually no one in their right mind should be calling any Bills' fan (past, or present) a bandwagon fan.

Demon
07-28-2011, 11:37 PM
i hate all the ***** ass crying by all the rational fans. if you're so ****ing sick of the bills then go do something else.

If all the fans who are demanding the Bills change left and quit, all the fans delusional fans like you wouldn't have a team in Buffalo to cheer for anymore. We're all fans, don't play that card.

Sorry, i want and demand more out of my team unlike you.

Mr. Pink
07-28-2011, 11:40 PM
I would rather watch the Bills go 4-12 again this year followed by 9-7 or 10-6 next year & see them compete for years to come down the road than to watch a consistant .500 team.

You tell me what this team and organization has done post-Jauron to even suggest they're gonna get to 7-9 let alone 10-6 anytime in the near future.

Demon
07-28-2011, 11:49 PM

How in the world do you think this team can go from 4-12 to a 9 or 10 win team the following season?

We don't even know if Fitzpatrick can handle #1 QB duties. I read a reporter from Miami who interviewed Tyler Thigpen and Thigpen said the main reason why he's so excited to come to Buffalo is because he thinks he can be a starter.... DUDE... Tyler Thigpen thinks and probably was told theres a possibility of Fitzmagic playing terribly and making the switch. So much has to happen for this team for them to be a 9-10 win team the following year that it almost makes it impossible. Even by drafting Andrew Luck we don't go out and get 9-10 wins.

better days
07-28-2011, 11:49 PM
Actually no one in their right mind should be calling any Bills' fan (past, or present) a bandwagon fan.

OK good point. I guess instead of bandwagon fan, a negative fan that refuses to stop being negative until after the Bills have a winning record can be called a less than knowledgeable, irritating fan instead.

justasportsfan
07-28-2011, 11:52 PM

we had no choice but to get worse before we got better because we didn't have the right guys to make the switch to a 3-4. Dick insisted on getting undersized players which has led us to having a bunch of misfits for the transition.

Jauron left us with a pile of crap starting with Trent all the way to Maybin.

While the O is already better than when Dick was here, the drafting of dareus and co. remains to be seen but I doubt these players will be as soft as the Dick era.

Novacane
07-28-2011, 11:53 PM
If you were to call a spade a spade, you would acknowledge the Bills now have a HC & front office that knows what they are doing.

\.

They have not proven that yet!

Mr. Pink
07-28-2011, 11:55 PM
we had no choice but to get worse before we got better because we didn't have the right guys to make the switch to a 3-4. Dick insisted on getting undersized players which has led us to having a bunch of misfits for the transition.

Jauron left us with a pile of crap starting with Trent all the way to Maybin.

While the O is already better than when Dick was here, the drafting of dareus and co. remains to be seen but I doubt these players will be as soft as the Dick era.

Again the defense Jauron installed here lead the Pittsburgh Steelers to a dynasty and the Bucs to a Superbowl title. He just had no mental grasp of the offensive side of the ball and was hamstrung to a terrible QB.

better days
07-28-2011, 11:56 PM
How in the world do you think this team can go from 4-12 to a 9 or 10 win team the following season?

We don't even know if Fitzpatrick can handle #1 QB duties. I read a reporter from Miami who interviewed Tyler Thigpen and Thigpen said the main reason why he's so excited to come to Buffalo is because he thinks he can be a starter.... DUDE... Tyler Thigpen thinks and probably was told theres a possibility of Fitzmagic playing terribly and making the switch. So much has to happen for this team for them to be a 9-10 win team the following year that it almost makes it impossible. Even by drafting Andrew Luck we don't go out and get 9-10 wins.

Yes if Fitz regresses it will slow the Bills development a little but if that is the case, after the next draft, I expect the Bills to have a nucleus of a good team.

I can wait an extra year for the QB if need be.

Mr. Pink
07-28-2011, 11:58 PM
Yes if Fitz regresses it will slow the Bills development a little but if that is the case, after the next draft, I expect the Bills to have a nucleus of a good team.

I can wait an extra year for the QB if need be.

That means you're looking at being fine going 5-11 or worse 3 straight years. You know what that gets an NFL HC? Fired. And you know what that gets the franchise? More rebuilding.

better days
07-28-2011, 11:59 PM
You tell me what this team and organization has done post-Jauron to even suggest they're gonna get to 7-9 let alone 10-6 anytime in the near future.

If you haven't seen what they have done to change the team there is no point trying to explain it to you.

Here is a hint POST-Jauron. POST- Trent Edwards.

Demon
07-29-2011, 12:02 AM
That means you're looking at being fine going 5-11 or worse 3 straight years. You know what that gets an NFL HC? Fired. And you know what that gets the franchise? More rebuilding.

Don't bother. He just doesnt understand simple language and rebuild the Bills on his xbox in no time and thinks its possible in real life too. Just a lost cause. But that's ok, we need people like him to keep on buying jerseys of these bums and buying tons of merch.

Mr. Pink
07-29-2011, 12:03 AM
If you haven't seen what they have done to change the team there is no point trying to explain it to you.

Here is a hint POST-Jauron. POST- Trent Edwards.

And we replaced him with a career journeyman backup QB. That's exciting stuff. Also exciting how poorly Fitzpatrick protects the football. I dunno if that's as exciting as the worst defense in the league.

That's what POST-Jauron has done so far.

justasportsfan
07-29-2011, 12:06 AM
Again the defense Jauron installed here lead the Pittsburgh Steelers to a dynasty and the Bucs to a Superbowl title. He just had no mental grasp of the offensive side of the ball and was hamstrung to a terrible QB.
Wow, you're reaching .What does Jauron have to do with Lebeau? Lebeau was the one behind those sb defenses and they weren't plaing cover 2. Besides The system is not the biggest problem, Dick was. His enterpretation of the cover 2 was the problem. His player selection was the problem.Has Dick won a sb as a HC or a coordinator? NO!

Guess who picked and anointed Trent to be the QB? Dick! The minute he got fired Fewell started Fitz and TO started playing well. He also made the decision to start Lynch and the minute Dick got fired, fewell started Freddie. Dick was the mastermind behind the crappy offense by anointing the wrong players.

Demon
07-29-2011, 12:06 AM
And we replaced him with a career journeyman backup QB. That's exciting stuff. Also exciting how poorly Fitzpatrick protects the football. I dunno if that's as exciting as the worst defense in the league.

That's what POST-Jauron has done so far.

You don't think that having ALL 3 of our current quarterbacks, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Thigpen and Levi Brown, on the roster be 7th round draft picks? C'mon dude!

justasportsfan
07-29-2011, 12:10 AM

Are you implying Jaurons boy Trent is better than Fitz?

BertSquirtgum
07-29-2011, 12:11 AM
keep posting ******ed **** like that and the hits will keep on coming.

BertSquirtgum
07-29-2011, 12:12 AM
If all the fans who are demanding the Bills change left and quit, all the fans delusional fans like you wouldn't have a team in Buffalo to cheer for anymore. We're all fans, don't play that card.

where have your demands got you? no where. keep up the whining. it does a lot.

BertSquirtgum
07-29-2011, 12:15 AM

the browns have done that for 20 years.

better days
07-29-2011, 12:16 AM

Jauron was not in charge & making the calls of those defenses & did not have the quality of players necessary to play the Tampa-2 in Buffalo. Here is an example of Jauron VS Dungy: The Bucs drafted from the D-L back. They realized the D-L & LB's were the most important players on that defense, hence SAPP, Brooks, then Lynch. Jauron passed on Nagta for Whitner.........STUPID.STUPID.STUPID.

Jauron applied the handcuffs to himself & Edwards. Totally Jaurons own fault he was hamstrung with Edwards as his QB, also his own fault he hired bad OC's.

Mr. Pink
07-29-2011, 12:19 AM
Wow, you're reaching .What does Jauron have to do with Lebeau? Lebeau was the one behind those sb defenses and they weren't plaing cover 2. Besides The system is not the biggest problem, Dick was. His enterpretation of the cover 2 was the problem. His player selection was the problem.Has Dick won a sb as a HC or a coordinator? NO!

Guess who picked and anointed Trent to be the QB? Dick! The minute he got fired Fewell started Fitz and TO started playing well. He also made the decision to start Lynch and the minute Dick got fired, fewell started Freddie. Dick was the mastermind behind the crappy offense by anointing the wrong players.

The Steelers and Tampa played the Tampa 2 defense. What defense did Jauron install here? The Tampa 2. Obviously when it was used in Pittsburgh it wasn't called the Tampa 2 but Tony Dungy took that defensive style with him from Pittsburgh where he was a defensive back and installed it as the defense in Tampa where it gained popularity.

Dick had to pick someone better than the scatterbrained turnover machine JP Losman. He was given someone who was cerebral but then became gunshy after taking a hit by Adrian Wilson.

And yes, his loyalty was definitely a problem but he did put guys like Byrd, Wilson and Peters into places that they could succeed. Unfortunately Byrd regressed big time last year.

Mr. Pink
07-29-2011, 12:20 AM
the browns have done that for 20 years.

The Browns made the playoffs in the past decade with an inept HC who was in over his head at the NFL level. Oh yeah and with a QB many say was a huge bust.

just sayin'

justasportsfan
07-29-2011, 12:22 AM
Jauron applied the handcuffs to himself & Edwards. Totally Jaurons own fault he was hamstrung with Edwards as his QB, also his own fault he hired bad OC's.
He hires Fairchild , who quits on him. Then picks Turk, who he fires and later says Dicks likes pop warner plays. For a second there I thought he was sourgraping . After further review, Dick does have a play not to lose philosophy evidenced by the pill changing thing the minute Jauron got fired and the O playing better.

Dick has had a crappy offense when he had full power in chicago and here in buffalo.FACT

justasportsfan
07-29-2011, 12:25 AM
The Steelers and Tampa played the Tampa 2 defense. What defense did Jauron install here? The Tampa 2. Obviously when it was used in Pittsburgh it wasn't called the Tampa 2 but Tony Dungy took that defensive style with him from Pittsburgh where he was a defensive back and installed it as the defense in Tampa where it gained popularity.

Dick had to pick someone better than the scatterbrained turnover machine JP Losman. He was given someone who was cerebral but then became gunshy after taking a hit by Adrian Wilson.

And yes, his loyalty was definitely a problem but he did put guys like Byrd, Wilson and Peters into places that they could succeed. Unfortunately Byrd regressed big time last year.
Tampa 2 ,cover 2 . Who gives a crap? What has Dick done to make his D top in the league and win a sb? Nothing. Lebeau won the sb and Dunggy did. NOT DICK.

Forget JP, turnover or not at least he had balls. Dick neutered Trent and turned him into a *******

clumping platelets
07-29-2011, 12:29 AM
Rational fans understand that signing WR Brad Smith makes sense because FA isn't just about 2011, it's also about 2012 and beyond. Maybe this coaching staff/FO has determined that they will not resign Lee Evans when his contract expires (not sure if it's after 2011 or 2012) or they may feel that after Holmes got 5yrs and $50 million, that it will be difficult to resign/extend Stevie Johnson.

I'm glad they let Poz go, who here really feels he's worth 6yrs-$45 million? I can only imagine what you "realists" would say if the Bills gave him that coin.

Mr. Pink
07-29-2011, 12:34 AM
Tampa 2 ,cover 2 . Who gives a crap? What has Dick done to make his D top in the league and win a sb? Nothing. Lebeau won the sb and Dunggy did. NOT DICK.

Forget JP, turnover or not at least he had balls. Dick neutered Trent and turned him into a *******

Adrian Wilson neutered Trent.

Mahdi
07-29-2011, 12:35 AM
Rational fans understand that signing WR Brad Smith makes sense because FA isn't just about 2011, it's also about 2012 and beyond. Maybe this coaching staff/FO has determined that they will not resign Lee Evans when his contract expires (not sure if it's after 2011 or 2012) or they may feel that after Holmes got 5yrs and $50 million, that it will be difficult to resign/extend Stevie Johnson.

I'm glad they let Poz go, who here really feels he's worth 6yrs-$45 million? I can only imagine what you "realists" would say if the Bills gave him that coin.
Lets say what you are saying makes sense. How exactly does a WR who has never established himself as a WR replace Evans or Johnson?

Sorry I know yer trying to make sense of it but unfortunately it really doesn't make sense.

And just to note, if the Bills let Stevie go, assuming he builds on last year, then what would be the point of this master plan to build exclusively through the draft only to let the picks you actually hit on walk out the door?

If the Bills want to be a farm team then they should be moved out of Buffalo and get a new owner. Waste of an NFL franchise it would be.

Mr. Pink
07-29-2011, 12:36 AM

You haven't seen my whine and cry about Poz leaving have you? Nope. Not gonna happen. Average players shouldn't get 7 million a year.

And Brad Smith is the replacement for when/if Evans/Johnson leave? Great we're signing 4th or 5th on the depth chart WRs to replace 1st and 2nds. That'll go well.

better days
07-29-2011, 12:42 AM
Adrian Wilson neutered Trent.

If that were true, explain how his very next game was probably the best of his career.

Extremebillsfan247
07-29-2011, 12:44 AM
I think we all want pretty much the same thing. We want to see this team win, be successful, bring home a Superbowl trophy etc. Yeah, we all have different ideas about the best way to get there, but it doesn't make you less of a fan because I disagree with your opinion.

However, no one likes a constant whiner who is always bitter because things don't go his, or her way. I don't always like the decisions made by this team. But if my means of approach at venting that disaproval is to come onto a message board to whine, and gripe at people I don't even know, maybe the problem isn't the team, but with myself.

We are all Bills fans here or none of us would be here. We are all well aware of the past decade with this team. There are no 10 year old kids on this message board that I'm aware of. At some point, some posters need to grow some courage, put the past behind you, and move on. That's just how things work in the real world. JMO

better days
07-29-2011, 12:46 AM
They have not proven that yet!

OK, how about all the negative nancys shut up for a while & give them a chance to prove it. Nix said when he was hired that this would take time & both Ralph & Buddy have asked people to be patient.

better days
07-29-2011, 12:53 AM

Under normal circumstances you would be right about that. However, when hired Nix told everyone about the mess the team was & said that it will take time to fix it. Both Ralph & Buddy have preached patience so if the team looks to be headed in the right direction I have no doubt they will give Chan an extra year.

Demon
07-29-2011, 01:16 AM

You think this QB/RB/WR/KR who knows what Brad Smith will take over for Lee Evans? Pass the bong...

Second, im pretty sure the realists also approved Poz leaving. Not sure why you even added that point? You argument is so weak you have to bring up random stuff that's not even discussed?

Mr. Pink
07-29-2011, 01:21 AM
I think we all want pretty much the same thing. We want to see this team win, be successful, bring home a Superbowl trophy etc. Yeah, we all have different ideas about the best way to get there, but it doesn't make you less of a fan because I disagree with your opinion.

However, no one likes a constant whiner who is always bitter because things don't go his, or her way. I don't always like the decisions made by this team. But if my means of approach at venting that disaproval is to come onto a message board to whine, and gripe at people I don't even know, maybe the problem isn't the team, but with myself.

We are all Bills fans here or none of us would be here. We are all well aware of the past decade with this team. There are no 10 year old kids on this message board that I'm aware of. At some point, some posters need to grow some courage, put the past behind you, and move on. That's just how things work in the real world. JMO

You do realize that the point of a message board is to have differences of opinion? To voice displeasure? To actually talk about the team in their current state as a person sees it?

From what you just said, what's the point in having a message board?

And if you're sick of seeing the negative posts around here, why are you even still here? A decade plus of nonplayoff football is going to make people negative about the franchise, there's plenty of posters on here who I've seen go from HUGE optimists to as people have loved to call them in the past "negative nancys"

Mike
07-29-2011, 02:03 AM
Better Days:

Its going to take you 4years to realize the Buddy and Chan are not the answer just as it took you 3yrs to realize that Maybin sucks.

Mike
07-29-2011, 02:03 AM
Better Days:

Its not your fault, some people just have a smaller window, they are not visionaries. Then, once again, assuming we once again hire incompetance you will blame all fault on last administration while the future administration continues to take us down the same old road which by now you should be familiar with. This FO is not that different than the last or the one before that or any FO which sucks. And by the way we got worst 4-12 is worst than 7=9 which was Dicks last year and in the end, Wins and Losses measure Everything!

Mike
07-29-2011, 02:11 AM
At least we got Dareus. However, if he doesn't have 3 sacks in his first game I'm sure there will be the "Dareus is a bust" thread.

There is a big difference between drafting Darius who was consider top talent in the draft and drafting guys like Maybin over Orakpo who was a no brainer and which received a lot of criticism from us negative fans. You defend all picks, picks like Maybin. Which means that you can not be objective, you don't know and can not tell the difference between drafting a Maybin and a Dareus. So how in the world can argue that this teams is headed in the right direction if you can not tell the difference between talent and no talent, between a Dareus and a Maybin?

Extremebillsfan247
07-29-2011, 05:55 AM
You do realize that the point of a message board is to have differences of opinion? To voice displeasure? To actually talk about the team in their current state as a person sees it?

From what you just said, what's the point in having a message board?

And if you're sick of seeing the negative posts around here, why are you even still here? A decade plus of nonplayoff football is going to make people negative about the franchise, there's plenty of posters on here who I've seen go from HUGE optimists to as people have loved to call them in the past "negative nancys" Difference of opinion? yes, whining? no place for that on a message board. Save that for people who actually know you, don't bring it to a message board expecting someone to care. No one does. This isn't a board for those with mental instability issues. There are no baby sitters here. JMO

methos4ever
07-29-2011, 06:19 AM
I get that the team has had a rough ten years. And debates, heck even arguments are cool on a message board if there's a general understanding/feeling of respect amongst your peers. However, on this board (and some others too) it seems if you disagree that the bills suck you're an idiot OR if you think that things can get better you're delusional.

Why can't I say, yes there have been failures in the past but I will not use that as a running badge of honor to complain about anything I perceive to be wrong? I'm a fan. I enjoyed the Bills as a kid in Brooklyn where I was the only fan of the team. I live in the heart of Steeler country. Now that I've met people both online and off that are also Bills fans it seems I know more people that are other teams' fans that can find positives in the Bills than some of their own fans.

THATHURMANATOR
07-29-2011, 08:11 AM

ARE YOU????

THATHURMANATOR
07-29-2011, 08:13 AM
There is nothing on this board that I HATE more than this tiresome discussion.

People acting superior and smarter than the rest because they are "Realists".

HEY DUMMIES we all know the team sucks, some of us still can enjoy ourselves and the team. No one thinks they are a playoff contender.

better days
07-29-2011, 08:23 AM
There is a big difference between drafting Darius who was consider top talent in the draft and drafting guys like Maybin over Orakpo who was a no brainer and which received a lot of criticism from us negative fans. You defend all picks, picks like Maybin. Which means that you can not be objective, you don't know and can not tell the difference between drafting a Maybin and a Dareus. So how in the world can argue that this teams is headed in the right direction if you can not tell the difference between talent and no talent, between a Dareus and a Maybin?

I was dumbfounded myself when that idiot Jauron drafted Maybin over Orakpo. All I have said about Maybin is that when he was drafted he was still very young. The Bills were on the hook to pay him anyway so it did not hurt to see what he could do. If he doesn't show something soon he will be cut.

I can tell the difference between talent & no talent. I know football & if you go through my posts, you will see I was correct about MANY things I said well ahead of time before they went down. I was right far more often than wrong about things I have posted.

bf1
07-29-2011, 08:35 AM
I hate being negative. I wasn't this way 5 years ago.

OpIv37
07-29-2011, 08:43 AM
Well, until the day comes that the Bills win, you negative fans will not call a spade a spade, but will blame past failure on the people in charge today as if they had anything to do with past mistakes they were not here to make.

If you were to call a spade a spade, you would acknowledge the Bills now have a HC & front office that knows what they are doing. But you won't do that until forced to do so by the wins of the team.

Negative fans that remain negative as the Bills rebuild & show improvement will be considered band wagon fans by the true rational Bills fans when the negative fans jump on the band wagon AFTER the Bills start winning.

LMAO.

It has nothing to do with blaming the current FO for past failures. In fact, it's quite the opposite. People like you insist on using past mistakes as an excuse for the current FO.

This FO re-signed Kelsay. This FO signed Cornell Green only to cut him mid-season. This FO drafted Spiller to sit on the bench, and generally botched the Lynch situation. This FO wanted to re-sign Poz, which would have been stupid, but then failed to do it anyway. This FO failed to land Clabo. This FO is sitting back doing nothing as our opponents improve.

I will acknowledge that the HC seems to know what he's doing, at least on offense, as he did get more production out of basically the same players. But what exactly makes you think this FO is any better than previous FO's? They've already made their fair share of mistakes and have done very little to improve the team.

We both want the Bills to be good. The difference is that I approach it from the standpoint of trying to find some sort of evidence and reasoning as to why the Bills will be good or bad, and since that points to the conclusion that the Bills will be bad, I'm complaining about it. You seem to start with the premise that the Bills will be good and look for any shred of reasoning to support that premise, while ignoring the mountains of reasoning against it.

OpIv37
07-29-2011, 08:48 AM

this team eventually has that effect on everyone. Some are just able to hold out a little longer before their souls are crushed by reality.

There are many people on this board that argued with me tooth and nail 4 or 5 years ago, but generally agree with me now.

And just wait until early November when we're 2-9. Many of the people who are positive about the team now will be complaining so much that it will make me seem like a ray of sunshine. It happens every year.

THATHURMANATOR
07-29-2011, 08:49 AM
Trust me I am not optimistic about this team AT ALL!!

Especially in our division. I guess losing all our games again this year is our only hope so we can get Luck. Even then I assume something will backfire like Luck pulls an Eli and refuses to play for the Bills.

THATHURMANATOR
07-29-2011, 08:50 AM
this team eventually has that effect on everyone. Some are just able to hold out a little longer before their souls are crushed by reality.

Don't tell me what my soul will and will not be doing....

djjimkelly
07-29-2011, 08:51 AM

lets pray they go 1-15 so we can get andrew luck

however i think this is a 6 win team would be more but we have 4 sure losses in the division

bf1
07-29-2011, 08:52 AM

There are many people on this board that argued with me tooth and nail 4 or 5 years ago, but generally agree with me now.

And just wait until early November when we're 2-9. Many of the people who are positive about the team now will be complaining so much that it will make me seem like a ray of sunshine. It happens every year.

There was at least some talent on the team back then. I always felt like we were legitimately 3-4 players away from making a serious run. now I feel like the best players are average. And we're nowhere close to making a run. AND I feel like the front office (YES THIS FRONT OFFICE LED BY BUMBLING BUDDY!!!) is doing nothing but spinning their wheels.

bf1
07-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Don't tell me what my soul will and will not be doing....

your soul is WRONG!

bf1
07-29-2011, 09:01 AM
spell checker put in illegitimately rather than legitimately in my previous post. hahahaha. I guess it's a truth checker too.

THATHURMANATOR
07-29-2011, 09:03 AM
your soul is WRONG!
My Soul is true and cannot be compromised!

THATHURMANATOR
LMAO.

It has nothing to do with blaming the current FO for past failures. In fact, it's quite the opposite. People like you insist on using past mistakes as an excuse for the current FO.

This FO re-signed Kelsay. This FO signed Cornell Green only to cut him mid-season. This FO drafted Spiller to sit on the bench, and generally botched the Lynch situation. This FO wanted to re-sign Poz, which would have been stupid, but then failed to do it anyway. This FO failed to land Clabo. This FO is sitting back doing nothing as our opponents improve.

I will acknowledge that the HC seems to know what he's doing, at least on offense, as he did get more production out of basically the same players. But what exactly makes you think this FO is any better than previous FO's? They've already made their fair share of mistakes and have done very little to improve the team.

We both want the Bills to be good. The difference is that I approach it from the standpoint of trying to find some sort of evidence and reasoning as to why the Bills will be good or bad, and since that points to the conclusion that the Bills will be bad, I'm complaining about it. You seem to start with the premise that the Bills will be good and look for any shred of reasoning to support that premise, while ignoring the mountains of reasoning against it.
Oh yeah?

THATHURMANATOR
spell checker put in illegitimately rather than legitimately in my previous post. hahahaha. I guess it's a truth checker too.
no it isn't.

Bill Cody
07-29-2011, 09:04 AM
As long as Chad Henne is their QB I say we have a real shot against the fins....just sayin

bf1
07-29-2011, 09:05 AM
no it isn't.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

better days
07-29-2011, 09:06 AM
LMAO.

I never said Nix was perfect. He is human, has made mistakes, but he is the first person with any qualification to be a GM that the Bills have had since Donahoe was fired.

If you go over my posts while Jauron was here you will see I said many negative things about him & the Bills at that time. I was probably as negative as you. Changes have been made with the hiring of Nix & Gailey yet a number of people on this board refuse to see that, & want to blame mistakes made 8-10 years ago on them rather than give them a chance.

As you said Nix has made enough mistakes people can complain about himself without blameing him for others mistakes. If you go through my posts, you will see I was critical of the Lynch trade.

OpIv37
07-29-2011, 09:11 AM
I never said Nix was perfect. He is human, has made mistakes, but he is the first person with any qualification to be a GM that the Bills have had since Donahoe was fired.

If you go over my posts while Jauron was here you will see I said many negative things about him & the Bills at that time. I was probably as negative as you. Changes have been made with the hiring of Nix & Gailey yet a number of people on this board refuse to see that, & want to blame mistakes made 8-10 years ago on them rather than give them a chance.

As you said Nix has made enough mistakes people can complain about himself without blameing him for others mistakes. If you go through my posts, you will see I was critical of the Lynch trade.

fair enough.

BertSquirtgum
07-29-2011, 09:18 AM
two words. tyler thigpen. can anyone say championship?

Mike
07-29-2011, 11:30 AM

You know looking back, its a little more than 5yrs for me, the last Good GM we had was TD. He built a top 2 Defense, Got FA, and we were 9-7 the year we almost made the playoffs. His failure to find a O-Line was his biggest fault, but he tried, he was a mover and a shaker. We were getting real talent, TKO, Sam Adams, Milloy, Bledsoe etc....

After TD I really think that Wilson gave up, thew in the towel and made it more about staying afloat, maintaining, and making $$$ -which they have been excellent at- than winning which is so elusive and far more expensive than loosing.

bf1
07-29-2011, 11:35 AM

So would I!!!!!

But, Nix has done NADA to make me think 9-7 or 10-6 are at all possible the next few years.

bf1
07-29-2011, 11:37 AM
You know looking back, its a little more than 5yrs for me, the last Good GM we had was TD. He built a top 2 Defense, Got FA, and we were 9-7 the year we almost made the playoffs. His failure to find a O-Line was his biggest fault, but he tried, he was a mover and a shaker. We were getting real talent, TKO, Sam Adams, Milloy, Bledsoe etc....

After TD I really think that Wilson gave up, thew in the towel and made it more about staying afloat, maintaining, and making $$$ -which they have been excellent at- than winning which is so elusive and far more expensive than loosing.

I still held out. It wasn't until they started this "build through the draft" strategy of ignoring free agents all together. And combining that with drafting busts led to this complete disaster. But yeah, I miss the days Donahoe days too.

Mr. Pink
07-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Difference of opinion? yes, whining? no place for that on a message board. Save that for people who actually know you, don't bring it to a message board expecting someone to care. No one does. This isn't a board for those with mental instability issues. There are no baby sitters here. JMO

So pointing out the obvious ie facts has no place on your message board is what you're trying to say? Got it.

better days
07-29-2011, 05:16 PM
So would I!!!!!

But, Nix has done NADA to make me think 9-7 or 10-6 are at all possible the next few years.

Well, I think the fact he drafted Dareus instead of a QB or WR shows Nix knows what he is doing. The fact he used the 2nd rnd pick on another defensive player adds to that fact. The fact he drafted defense in the 3rd & 4th rnds is further proof Nix knows what he is doing.

He not only drafted defense which is what the Bills need, but he drafted the right defensive players. By most "expert" accounts the Bills had a very good draft.

The draft this year & last should be enough to show you the Bills are heading in the right direction. The fact Florence resigned with Buffalo should add further proof of that fact.

Tinboy
07-29-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm a long time lurker here but I don't post very often. The negative attitude sometimes seems to be a trademark of a Bills fan, never quite satisfied. I've been a Bills fans since late 80s and it's not easy being a fan of Bills or football here in Sweden. The last 3 years I've seen two bills games live on tv. So most of the information I get about the team and the games are based on this site and this forum.

I think as a fan one has to root for the team no matter what. Sure you can be negative about it and see every as a "realist". Or you can realise that it is just a game and a team and that a positive attitude gives a better more relax forum.

Philagape
07-29-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm a long time lurker here but I don't post very often. The negative attitude sometimes seems to be a trademark of a Bills fan, never quite satisfied. I've been a Bills fans since late 80s and it's not easy being a fan of Bills or football here in Sweden. The last 3 years I've seen two bills games live on tv. So most of the information I get about the team and the games are based on this site and this forum.

I think as a fan one has to root for the team no matter what. Sure you can be negative about it and see every as a "realist". Or you can realise that it is just a game and a team and that a positive attitude gives a better more relax forum.

There's no conflict between rooting for a team and being a realist. Two different sides of the brain.

better days
07-29-2011, 05:51 PM
There's no conflict between rooting for a team and being a realist. Two different sides of the brain.

There is no conflict between rooting for a team & being a realist. However there is a HUGE difference between being a realist & just being negative about EVERYTHING under the Sun.

It is one thing to be critical of a questionable move or mistake by the front office, it is another thing to blame past mistakes & failures that were made by others on people that did not make them as a number of "realists" do.

X-Era
07-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Guys this is a 4 and 12 team that has done very bad in the draft in the past decade, can't (or won't) keep their own, and won't spend in FA.

No one should be shocked that were out of the playoffs every year.

Every year I look forward to us getting better. Every year I look forward to improving the overall talent level, and every year we disappoint overall in that right.

You don't have to agree. But, you cant argue with the record.

better days
07-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Guys this is a 4 and 12 team that has done very bad in the draft in the past decade, can't (or won't) keep their own, and won't spend in FA.

No one should be shocked that were out of the playoffs every year.

Every year I look forward to us getting better. Every year I look forward to improving the overall talent level, and every year we disappoint overall in that right.

You don't have to agree. But, you cant argue with the record.

The record is what it is & can't be argued with. The fact is however, we all knew this was a team devoid of talent when Nix was hired.

His 1st press conference he told everyone it will take time to right this ship. Well, it looks like many people on this board either didn't believe him or they don't own a calender. When Nix said it will take time, he was talking years, not months.

X-Era
07-29-2011, 06:57 PM
The record is what it is & can't be argued with. The fact is however, we all knew this was a team devoid of talent when Nix was hired.

His 1st press conference he told everyone it will take time to right this ship. Well, it looks like many people on this board either didn't believe him or they don't own a calender. When Nix said it will take time, he was talking years, not months.And the record so far shows we are headed down the right track?

I took him for his word when he said we would re-sign our own. Poz left so that "rule" appears to be untrue. He wants to build through the draft but last year he got one starter so far.

If you can't draft
If you can't sign better player
and if you can't re-sign your own

You can't win.

better days
07-29-2011, 09:14 PM
And the record so far shows we are headed down the right track?

I took him for his word when he said we would re-sign our own. Poz left so that "rule" appears to be untrue. He wants to build through the draft but last year he got one starter so far.

If you can't draft
If you can't sign better player
and if you can't re-sign your own

You can't win.

So you are saying Nix can't draft?
We will see about that, but I think you will be proved wrong.

Can't sign better player

Remains to be seen who will be signed.

Nix did resign the only player that really mattered, Florence.

billz83
07-30-2011, 07:27 AM
this team blows..its not the fans fault..everything from the owner to the FO to most of the players here..we flat out blow..we cant get FAz..we cant draft(how can u build a team thru the draft if u cant even draft right!?)..we cant retain any of the players that actually werent busts in the draft..we refuse to spend money on quality players..we resign ABSOLUTE SCRUBS like kelsay and mccargo..i mean the list just goes on and on..there really is NOTHING positive about this team..our division rivals are getting players like albert haynesworth, holmes, reggie bush..etc.. while we go after tyler thigpen?! and brad smith are u ****IN kidding me?!?! we have MASSIVE holes on this team we are like swiss cheese and we dont even address our problems? unbelievably truly PATHETIC! i wish the sabres owner would jus buy this team already and show these pop warner wannabez how to run a WINNING FRANCHISE..

Night Train
09-26-2011, 03:21 AM
this team blows..its not the fans fault..everything from the owner to the FO to most of the players here..we flat out blow..we cant get FAz..we cant draft(how can u build a team thru the draft if u cant even draft right!?)..we cant retain any of the players that actually werent busts in the draft..we refuse to spend money on quality players..we resign ABSOLUTE SCRUBS like kelsay and mccargo..i mean the list just goes on and on..there really is NOTHING positive about this team..our division rivals are getting players like albert haynesworth, holmes, reggie bush..etc.. while we go after tyler thigpen?! and brad smith are u ****IN kidding me?!?! we have MASSIVE holes on this team we are like swiss cheese and we dont even address our problems? unbelievably truly PATHETIC! i wish the sabres owner would jus buy this team already and show these pop warner wannabez how to run a WINNING FRANCHISE..

:bf1:

So, how's the medication working ?

psubills62
09-26-2011, 09:56 AM
This thread is full of gems.

justasportsfan
09-26-2011, 09:58 AM

Oh look , MADmax. I didn't even have to dig anything up.

Looks like FTY deserves a free breakfast, lunch and dinner to the crow buffet.

Extremebillsfan247
09-26-2011, 10:26 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/30/motivator3593515nh2.jpg :laughing:

BertSquirtgum
09-26-2011, 11:25 AM

what do you have to say now dick head?

BertSquirtgum
09-26-2011, 11:26 AM

looks as if us delusional fans weren't completely out of our minds, right?

i was on your wagon for about a week after the evans trade. the resentment just couldn't last and i was back on the bills wagon within a week.

PromoTheRobot
09-26-2011, 12:03 PM
So pointing out the obvious ie facts has no place on your message board is what you're trying to say? Got it.

People can post anything they want on a message board. But then they own what they said. If a certain BillsZone poster states that the Bills are the worst team in NFL history and are proven wrong then they deserve to be paraded naked through the streets to be laughed at. It's the price you pay.

PTR

better days
09-26-2011, 12:10 PM
People can post anything they want on a message board. But then they own what they said. If a certain BillsZone poster states that the Bills are the worst team in NFL history and are proven wrong then they deserve to be paraded naked through the streets to be laughed at. It's the price you pay.

PTR

Well, I am pretty happy with what I have said in this thread & am happy to own it all.

TMu11
09-26-2011, 02:07 PM

PTR

I'm not sure a message board comment should be punishable by naked march... however, the posters of the comments should at least own up to their opinions when called out.

I for one only thought this team would be 6-10. Hopefully we can keep up the heart and momentum and prove me really, really wrong