PDA

View Full Version : Nothing will change until the Bills land an elite QB

don137
07-29-2011, 06:41 AM
The Bills are the only team in the AFC East that has taken steps backwards and worse off than they were a week ago. It is very apparent players do not want to come to Buffalo. It's not from a lack of trying by the front office.
I am convinced that until they get an elite QB it will be the same old same song and dance for Bills fans. Fitzpatrick serviceable QB but a serviceable QB does not win in a place Buffalo. The only time players wanted to come to Buffalo was during the Kelly era. However, the same could be said for the Saints before Brees or the Colts before Manning.
Looking at how unsuccessful they are at free agency and how they play the tough AFC and NFC East for a total of 10 out of their 16 games the Bills might actually be in decent shape to land that franchise QB in Andrew Luck.
Until then we will just keep thinking 'can we get any worse'?

Extremebillsfan247
07-29-2011, 06:45 AM
This again? Oh and who is Fitzgerald? we don't have a QB by that name that I'm aware of. lol

DraftBoy
07-29-2011, 07:02 AM
Its a three team race for Luck;

Buffalo
Washington
Cincy

I dont like our chances personally.

mysticsoto
07-29-2011, 07:04 AM

Buffalo
Washington
Cincy

I dont like our chances personally.

I'd throw Cleveland in also...

X-Era
07-29-2011, 07:04 AM

Buffalo
Washington
Cincy

I dont like our chances personally.We may get a shot at the #2 QB. I don't see any chance for Luck.

DraftBoy
07-29-2011, 07:07 AM

I wouldnt, they have Colt and seem happy for now.

Luisito23
07-29-2011, 07:07 AM
Who knows if he would even declare though, especially if it's us picking 1st.

DraftBoy
07-29-2011, 07:08 AM
We may get a shot at the #2 QB. I don't see any chance for Luck.

I dont see another top 5 QB as of yet. Jones and Barkley still leave plenty to prove.

And beyond them the drop off is large.

X-Era
07-29-2011, 07:09 AM
I dont see another top 5 QB as of yet. Jones and Barkley still leave plenty to prove.

And beyond them the drop off is large.Jones seems to have a bit of a slow wind up to me. Yeah, I agree.

I think I know your answer. But, with the rookie contracts being so much less would you trade even more picks this year to move up to #1 for Luck?

DraftBoy
07-29-2011, 07:10 AM
Jones seems to have a bit of a slow wind up to me. Yeah, I agree.

I think I know your answer. But, with the rookie contracts being so much less would you trade even more picks this year to move up to #1 for Luck?

At this point Id consider Ditka'ing a draft to get Luck.

X-Era
07-29-2011, 07:12 AM
At this point Id consider Ditka'ing a draft to get Luck.Dammit DB. You never cease to surprise. And here I pegged you for a pick hoarder.

I wouldn't mind moving a bunch of picks to land him.

NorthCarBills
07-29-2011, 07:20 AM

Yes, and to that here's hoping Dalton does well for Cincy this year.

I'm resigned to the fact that we are simply in a tough, tough division. The AFC in general leaves very little room for the likes of the Bills (and many other could-be competitive teams) to even secure a wild card spot.

I think the Bills are in a good a spot as there may be to get Luck, and finally put a face to the franchise. Let's face it, with a few exceptions (a la Baltimore/Ray Lewis, etc), QBs normally are.

However, the young group we're developing via draft will mature this year. Most of the old regime's suspect players are being weeded out. By midseason it will be interesting to see fans' latest reactions to players like Spiller, Dareus, Moats, Shep, etc.

Nix said he was on a three year plan to get things going. I'm as pissed as any long time fan, but it's obvious for the most part we are totally relying on the draft due to very little FA interest. Maybe that third year we "luck" out and have a successful rookie QB finally make the mark we need. Carolina is loading talent this FA period, and perhaps some of that is due to Newton, like him or not, being the true face of the team.

better days
07-29-2011, 07:26 AM

And beyond them the drop off is large.

And Luck doesn't? I want to see how he plays for a new HC in a new system. I would not be surprised to see a huge drop off from last year.

DraftBoy
07-29-2011, 07:26 AM
Dammit DB. You never cease to surprise. And here I pegged you for a pick hoarder.

I am traditionally but when I see a franchise QB or LT prospect available I have no issue paying to get one.

don137
07-29-2011, 07:27 AM
Dammit DB. You never cease to surprise. And here I pegged you for a pick hoarder.

I agree with both of you. I usually like hoarding picks but you try like heck to land a player like Luck and give up many picks fr a player like him. Hopefully teams like Cincinnati and Cleveland have their franchise QB and would like to get picks over taking Luck if the Bills do not get #1 overall.

DraftBoy
07-29-2011, 07:33 AM
And Luck doesn't? I want to see how he plays for a new HC in a new system. I would not be surprised to see a huge drop off from last year.

No he doesn't.

better days
07-29-2011, 07:41 AM
No he doesn't.

That is just BS.

k-oneputt
07-29-2011, 07:42 AM
I agree with both of you. I usually like hoarding picks but you try like heck to land a player like Luck and give up many picks fr a player like him. Hopefully teams like Cincinnati and Cleveland have their franchise QB and would like to get picks over taking Luck if the Bills do not get #1 overall.

That's the problem, because
Cleve, Cincy, and Wash don't have their franchise qbs.

Colt sucks and will be a NFL backup sooner then later, Same with Dalton but at least Cincy will take two years before they fiqure that out. Wash is already on their stopgap qb and are in a very tough division, so they will be right up there in the Luck sweepstakes.
I like Barkley though too and would be very happy with him also.

better days
07-29-2011, 07:45 AM
That's the problem, because
Cleve, Cincy, and Wash don't have their franchise qbs.

Colt sucks and will be a NFL backup sooner then later, Same with Dalton but at least Cincy will take two years before they fiqure that out. Wash is already on their stopgap qb and are in a very tough division, so they will be right up there in the Luck sweepstakes.
I like Barkley though too and would be very happy with him also.

I would throw the 49ers & Seahawks in there as well. I expect them both to draft in the top 10 maybe top 5. And they both need a QB as much as any team in the league.

don137
07-29-2011, 07:47 AM
I would throw the 49ers & Seahawks in there as well. I expect them both to draft in the top 10 maybe top 5. And they both need a QB as much as any team in the league.
Being in the NFC West they at least a chance for a few wins against each other.

k-oneputt
07-29-2011, 07:52 AM
S Fran used a 2nd on Kapernick and their didvision is weak, but if they have a shot at Luck they won't hesitate.
Seattle has nothing in line and we can add them to the list to. They would probably be interested in Barkley too since the head coach recruited him.

mysticsoto
07-29-2011, 08:01 AM
I wouldnt, they have Colt and seem happy for now.

Right now he's unproven. We don't know what to expect from him and I don't feel they did much in the draft or FA to improve (maybe on purpose?).

better days
07-29-2011, 08:02 AM
S Fran used a 2nd on Kapernick and their didvision is weak, but if they have a shot at Luck they won't hesitate.
Seattle has nothing in line and we can add them to the list to. They would probably be interested in Barkley too since the head coach recruited him.

Agreed they play in a week division, but the Rams & Birds may both show an improvement this year. The Panthers drafted 2 QB's last year but that did not stop them from taking Newton #1.

Extremebillsfan247
07-29-2011, 08:07 AM
We may get a shot at the #2 QB. I don't see any chance for Luck.who is number 2 in your opinion?