PDA

View Full Version : Falcons cut DE Jamaal Anderson

DraftBoy
07-29-2011, 07:32 AM
Ideal 3-4 DE player whose been stuck in a 43.

6'6, 289 lbs. and can move around the field. Mystic will recall I really liked this guy coming out of college. Put up massive numbers his junior year at Arkansas.

Falcons fans call him a bust because he has put up big sack totals but he's been a good run defender.

hydro
07-29-2011, 07:46 AM
Can we turn him into a OT? :ill:

SquishDaFish
07-29-2011, 07:52 AM
I heard about this earlier. Would LOVE him in Buffalo

The Jokeman
07-29-2011, 07:53 AM

6'6, 289 lbs. and can move around the field. Mystic will recall I really liked this guy coming out of college. Put up massive numbers his junior year at Arkansas.

Falcons fans call him a bust because he has put up big sack totals but he's been a good run defender.

I can't see us pursuing a DE. Dareus is a given at one spot and I doubt we'd give up on Edwards or Carrington after both only been here 1 year. While I'd take him over a Brad Smith, I just can't see us giving him the money to be a backup.

tampabay25690
07-29-2011, 07:54 AM
Can we turn him into a OT? :ill:

WHY?
I think we have some talent at OT..
Still some young guys.....
I would like to see a Vet OT but bottom line is are OFFENSE isn't the problem....

Jaybird
07-29-2011, 07:55 AM
He's done nothing in the NFL.. and we do not need a DE and he can not play outside LB

tampabay25690
07-29-2011, 07:55 AM
Anderson would be a nice fit as a 3-4 DE.
Nice rotation player with Carrington, Edwards, etc...

mysticsoto
07-29-2011, 07:57 AM

I like him too, but...we're loaded on the Dline. Actually, I'd prefer him to Edwards, and if Brad is our new 3rd QB also...maybe we can afford the roster spot...

:idunno:

jcdavey
07-29-2011, 08:11 AM
one of those good college players who craps out in the nfl, who people will recognize the name and pray their GM picks up, but who more than likely will be pumping gas in a few years

Extremebillsfan247
07-29-2011, 08:17 AM
I asked CoachSal about him earlier. I don't know too much about him. But CoachSal thinks he would be a good addition to the team. The Bills could end up with him. Maybe, he is the type of guy Nix was referring to when talking about waiting on the waiver wire to comb through. JMO One can only hope at this point. lol

elltrain22
07-29-2011, 08:19 AM
I might love him just as much as I woulda loved Clabo. Get er done Buddro!!

methos4ever
07-29-2011, 08:22 AM

Much like the signing of Brad Smith, this would be a great way to build depth in the roster without a crazy cost. He could be the 6th DE OR push a guy like Spencer Johnson off the roster. Either way, a win / win.

tampabay25690
07-29-2011, 08:23 AM
I like him too, but...we're loaded on the Dline. Actually, I'd prefer him to Edwards, and if Brad is our new 3rd QB also...maybe we can afford the roster spot...

:idunno:

Wouldn't say we are loaded at D Line...
We have some players but haven't see much production in a few years...
Bring him in a push some guys...