PDA

View Full Version : Bills WR Easley is 'born-again rookie'

justasportsfan
07-29-2011, 10:40 AM
The workouts with Fitzpatrick were about building chemistry.

"That's why we tried to, especially as a group, take a big emphasis on training, because we knew we weren't going to be training with the Buffalo Bills staff," Easley said. "We tried to get together as much as we can not only run routes, but work out with each other, conditioning with each other just so that we could all do our part and put us in the best shape that we can."

Easley focused on trying to become a more complete receiver and worked on details like carrying speed in and out of his breaks and creating more separation from defenders. He treated the sessions like minicamp.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article504918.ece

Thurmal
07-29-2011, 10:56 AM
It will be so important for guys like Easley, Parrish, and Smith to have productive games in the slot, especially with all of the top-notch corners that look to be covering Evans and S. Johnson this year.

elltrain22
07-29-2011, 11:21 AM
I already see our WR'ing core being alot better than what people may think. From top to bottom, I like our depth, and we have a lot to be excited about. We know what Stevie Johnson and Evans can do, Parrish seemed to be flourishing under Gailey before his injury, Nelson is a solid choice who seems to only be getting better, and Easely, IMO, will be the biggest surprise of this year. I truly believe, at some point this year, he'll either be a starter or a slot receiver.

Tatonka
07-29-2011, 12:17 PM
yeah, i really don't know how you could dislike

Evans, Johnson, Parrish, Smith, Nelson, Easley. you can dislike a lot of other areas, but that area seems fully stocked.

tatersalad
07-29-2011, 01:03 PM
tough part will be who gets cut

justasportsfan
07-29-2011, 01:23 PM
tough part will be who gets cut
Hubbard is gone after his DUI and Smith replaced him anyways. Roosevelt may still be eligible for practice squad.

mayotm
07-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Hubbard is gone after his DUI and Smith replaced him anyways. Roosevelt may still be eligible for practice squad.Hubbard had no chance of making the team before the DUI.

justasportsfan
07-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Hubbard had no chance of making the team before the DUI.
he was a good ST player but like I said, Smith ends that.

mayotm
07-29-2011, 01:29 PM
he was a good ST player but like I said, Smith ends that.Not to be difficult, but what are you basing his good ST play on? In his three year career, he's been active for three games.

justasportsfan
07-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Not to be difficult, but what are you basing his good ST play on? In his three year career, he's been active for three games.
sorry, tried looking fo the article on him with regards to why he is still on any teams roster because of his ability to play ST. Seems like when I click on the google links on him , latest bills news pops up.