PDA

View Full Version : So what's the hold up on signing Zach Miller?

Mr. Miyagi
07-29-2011, 12:12 PM
He's still out there, we need a pass catching TE and we have money.

Let's get this done already.

Philagape
07-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Brad Smith basically became the "pass-catching TE"

Tatonka
07-29-2011, 12:14 PM
i would love zack miller.

BLeonard
07-29-2011, 12:16 PM
I read he's not accepting coupons to knock off some of his contract cost...

-Bill

Turf
07-29-2011, 09:00 PM
He would make too much sense, we're looking at another HB and CB. More fluff.

Mr. Pink
07-29-2011, 09:01 PM
We do not need a TE in Chan Gaileys style of offense. Simple.

wmoz11
07-29-2011, 09:05 PM

Not expensive pass-catchers, anyway.

gggbills
07-29-2011, 09:07 PM
He's still out there, we need a pass catching TE and we have money.

Let's get this done already.

LOL

What's the hold up?? We are still 100% focused on signing our rookies and UDFA. What r u new??

kingJofNYC
07-29-2011, 09:44 PM
Why hasn't anyone signed this guy? He's a solid player, yet you hear nothing about him. Guess everyone's worried about signing skill positions first.

hydro
07-29-2011, 09:47 PM

This has been brought up multiple times but needs to keep being repeated until EVERYONE gets it.

kingJofNYC
07-29-2011, 09:51 PM
He used Gonzalez to great affect in KC, split him wide constantly.

David Nelson basically runs the TE routes in spread formations anyway.

camelcowboy
07-29-2011, 09:54 PM
This has been brought up multiple times but needs to keep being repeated until EVERYONE gets it.Yeah because Tony G. Didn't have a great year in Gailey's system. Don't worry about about the the facts. They just get in the way.

X-Era
07-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Zach MIller would be an awesome signing. That guy is really good. Apparently we don't like players that are really good.

No clue why we don't go after him.

Ohh yeah, we don't like TE's...

It's stupid. If you don;t think TE's have worth than cut Shawn Nelson and the rest now.

kingJofNYC
07-29-2011, 10:00 PM
I remember Buddy raving about Lance Kendricks during a post-draft radio interview.

Host asked him which players that the Bills didn't choose were his favorite, Kendricks and C.Jordan were the players he chose. They've obviously looked at TE's, wtf knows what they're thinking.

hydro
07-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Yeah because Tony G. Didn't have a great year in Gailey's system. Don't worry about about the the facts. They just get in the way.

Or it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that Tony was a entrenched veteran that wasn't going anywhere anyway. Gailey comes in and uses what he has. Now if the team he is coaching has the option of bringing in a TE, it is quite possible that isn't a high priority for him.

Facts/Stats only get you so far. I try not to let them get them in the way of common sense.

Mr. Pink
07-29-2011, 10:06 PM
Yeah because Tony G. Didn't have a great year in Gailey's system. Don't worry about about the the facts. They just get in the way.

Go look at every other stop what TEs have done under Chan Gailey.

In 2 years with Miami TEs had about 40 catches combined.
In 2 years as Dallas' HC, TEs combined for about 45.
In 2 years as the Steelers OC Tight Ends had about 35 catches combined.
And in 2 years of being the Broncos OC tight ends had about 70 catches combined.

Ironically enough 1990 was Shannon Sharpes rookie year and he had a whopping 7 catches and look what he became as a pass catching tight end.

What was that about facts again?

Mr. Pink
07-29-2011, 10:09 PM
Forgot to add in my above post, tight ends here last year combined for 22 catches. That's about right on average with what Chan Gailey tight ends have done throughout his career.

hydro
07-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Forgot to add in my above post, tight ends here last year combined for 22 catches. That's about right on average with what Chan Gailey tight ends have done throughout his career.

Well it sure sounds like we should use some of the massive cap room on a TE so we can all ***** that we never use him.

Mr. Pink
07-29-2011, 10:11 PM
Well it sure sounds like we should use some of the massive cap room on a TE so we can all ***** that we never use him.

Yes we can go get Zack Miller and watch him catch 30 passes for like 5 million dollars. I'm sure people will love that.

THATHURMANATOR
07-30-2011, 12:08 AM
Brad Smith basically became the "pass-catching TE"
Huh??? Smith is not a pass catcher at all

Philagape
07-30-2011, 01:16 AM
Huh??? Smith is not a pass catcher at all

Quotation marks mean it's a metaphor.
He's the weapon that would get the touches that a TE would in an offense that uses TEs. Instead of using TEs, Gailey likes to use guys like Brad Smith to do whatever it is they do.

billz83
07-30-2011, 07:54 AM
we slept thru free agency for a 2nd year in a row..we literally did NOTHING to upgrade our team and we actually got worse, while our division opponents got better..this will be another LONGGGGGGGGGG season..