PDA

View Full Version : Ty Warren and Nick Kazcur cut by Pats

Thurmal
07-29-2011, 02:37 PM
I wouldn't mind having either one of these guys. Still think we need a pass-rushing presence.

EDS
07-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Surprising.

DraftBoy
07-29-2011, 02:41 PM
Warren should be back with NE, its a likely resturcture. Kaczur would be an ideal RT fit.

WeAreArthurMoates
07-29-2011, 02:43 PM
Kraczur makes sense, they drafted a LT and Volmer is good, Kraczur makes a ton of sense.

Ickybaluky
07-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Kaczur is a above-average RT, especially in the run game. Probably could shift to OG, was actually worked there in camp last year because Mankins held out (before hurting his back). He missed all of last season with a back injury and then refused to take a pay cut this year before being cut.

Warren is a very underrated DE who missed all last year with a hip injury. He is healthy, but was released because the Pats are shifting to more of a 4-3 scheme (thus he would play much less) and he made a lot of money.

Warren would be a nice fit on any 3-4 team, but I doubt he goes anywhere besides Dallas. He grew up a Cowboys fan, went to Texas A & M and still lives in Texas year round. He wants to play for the Cowboys and they have a need for him after losing Stephen Bowen to the Redskins.

Ickybaluky
07-29-2011, 02:46 PM
Warren should be back with NE, its a likely resturcture. Kaczur would be an ideal RT fit.

No, Warren said the Pats are going in a different direction defensively, which led to his release. The Pats are shifting to a lot more 4-man line, trying to bring pressure with their DL because they lack a LB that can rush.

T-Long
07-29-2011, 02:48 PM
I think it's funny when I was listening to Sirius this week and they kept saying how the Pats are "probably" looking more at a 4-3 front. Um, ya think? With Vince Wilfork and Albert Haynesworth on the team, it's not rocket science.

Ickybaluky
07-29-2011, 02:50 PM
I think it's funny when I was listening to Sirius this week and they kept saying how the Pats are "probably" looking more at a 4-3 front. Um, ya think? With Vince Wilfork and Albert Haynesworth on the team, it's not rocket science.

They have some young lineman who are pretty good pass rushers as well, in Mike Wright and Myron Pryor. Plus, they lack an OLB who can pressure. Makes sense.

Raptor
07-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Id take both

BLeonard
07-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Kaczur is a above-average RT, especially in the run game. Probably could shift to OG, was actually worked there in camp last year because Mankins held out (before hurting his back). He missed all of last season with a back injury and then refused to take a pay cut this year before being cut.

Warren is a very underrated DE who missed all last year with a hip injury. He is healthy, but was released because the Pats are shifting to more of a 4-3 scheme (thus he would play much less) and he made a lot of money.

Warren would be a nice fit on any 3-4 team, but I doubt he goes anywhere besides Dallas. He grew up a Cowboys fan, went to Texas A & M and still lives in Texas year round. He wants to play for the Cowboys and they have a need for him after losing Stephen Bowen to the Redskins.

Personally, I don't want injured players that the Patriots drop... Especially if they missed the entire season.

-Bill

mysticsoto
07-29-2011, 03:14 PM
Personally, I don't want injured players that the Patriots drop... Especially if they missed the entire season.

-Bill

R u kidding me...at the point we should probably even consider any players the patriots have in their Practice Squad...

BLeonard
07-29-2011, 03:22 PM
R u kidding me...at the point we should probably even consider any players the patriots have in their Practice Squad...

Ordinarily, I'd agree... But, they missed the entire season for a reason and to have Kaczur refuse a pay cut... You really think he's gonna be willing to go to the Bills?

On top of that, the Pats don't usually dump guys if they can get anything out of them... That tells me that something might be up if the Pats just let them walk.

-Bill

mysticsoto
07-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Ordinarily, I'd agree... But, they missed the entire season for a reason and to have Kaczur refuse a pay cut... You really think he's gonna be willing to go to the Bills?

On top of that, the Pats don't usually dump guys if they can get anything out of them... That tells me that something might be up if the Pats just let them walk.

-Bill

Injury doesn't bother me if the doctors can clear him. Demetrious Bell was injured but came back and played ok last year and should be better this year. Wood had been hurt also. People can recover...

The Pats have a replacement and frequently never overpay. So I can see why they dumped them. On the other hand, we have money to spare and actually, we need to spend it - I believe the new rules state we need to spend 95% cap and we are in the low 80s?

If we don't grab him, we should consider a trade with a top RT that we can throw money at. Maybe trade Lee Evans or even draft picks...a top ILB could be possible also to trade for.

Ickybaluky
07-29-2011, 03:50 PM
If you leave off any player who has suffered a serious injury, you would eliminate pretty much the entire NFL. Most of the guys have had something that would keep them idle for a year, whether it be in high school, college or the pros.

As for Kaczur, he is from Branford, Ontario (about as far from Buffalo as Rochester, NY) and played collegiately at Toledo. Buffalo seems pretty close to home.

X-Era
07-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Kaczur should go on our list... Wouldn't be a bad move. I'd rate it as a +3. I'd probably take him over Harris, Brown, or Gaither.

I don't see DT as much of a need right now. If it was a one for one swap of Spencer I would be OK with it since I think he's better.

Philagape
07-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Kaczur just turned 32 and hasn't played since Week 13 of 2009. What would be the point on a rebuilding team?

Ickybaluky
07-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Kaczur just turned 32 and hasn't played since Week 13 of 2009. What would be the point on a rebuilding team?

He came into the league at 25, because he took time off before going to college. He may be 32, but he doesn't have that kind of mileage on his body.

X-Era
07-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Kaczur just turned 32 and hasn't played since Week 13 of 2009. What would be the point on a rebuilding team?Help solidify a weakness? TC can't sort out whether he could start while we develop Hairston/Pears?

mysticsoto
07-29-2011, 09:01 PM

A 1 yr stop gap giving time for Hairston to come up speed and/or drafting a RT that's more prepared next year maybe in the 3rd or possibly grabbing a younger guy in FA.

The Jokeman
07-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Most predraft publications compared Dareus to Ty Warren and considering we traded Bledsoe for the pick the Patriots ultimately used on him it be nice to see him in a Bills uniform but as stated with the Jamaal Anderson thread I'm not sure we'd spend the money to get him. I could see us nabbing someone like Jason Hatcher seem to be more the kind of guy we'd pursue. Kaczur would be nice option at OT.

Blame Canada
07-29-2011, 11:55 PM
While kaczur is Older than we'd like, he is a Player that would sign here if we gave him the cash. He's from ontario and has had his days on a winning team. He wouldn't tyson clabo us if we gave him the best offer

SeatownBillsFan21
07-30-2011, 12:17 AM
We will most likely get both of these guys we all know how much Ralph likes NE's trash