X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

Ty Warren and Nick Kazcur cut by Pats

I wouldn't mind having either one of these guys. Still think we need a pass-rushing presence.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."
  • EDS
    • Jan 2003

Re: Ty Warren and Nick Kazcur cut by Pats

Surprising.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Warren should be back with NE, its a likely resturcture. Kaczur would be an ideal RT fit.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
        • Feb 2009

Kraczur makes sense, they drafted a LT and Volmer is good, Kraczur makes a ton of sense.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

Kaczur is a above-average RT, especially in the run game. Probably could shift to OG, was actually worked there in camp last year because Mankins held out (before hurting his back). He missed all of last season with a back injury and then refused to take a pay cut this year before being cut.

Warren is a very underrated DE who missed all last year with a hip injury. He is healthy, but was released because the Pats are shifting to more of a 4-3 scheme (thus he would play much less) and he made a lot of money.

Warren would be a nice fit on any 3-4 team, but I doubt he goes anywhere besides Dallas. He grew up a Cowboys fan, went to Texas A & M and still lives in Texas year round. He wants to play for the Cowboys and they have a need for him after losing Stephen Bowen to the Redskins.
          Last edited by Ickybaluky; 07-29-2011, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            Warren should be back with NE, its a likely resturcture. Kaczur would be an ideal RT fit.
            No, Warren said the Pats are going in a different direction defensively, which led to his release. The Pats are shifting to a lot more 4-man line, trying to bring pressure with their DL because they lack a LB that can rush.

Comment

• T-Long
              Circling the Wagons since 1982.
              • Sep 2003

I think it's funny when I was listening to Sirius this week and they kept saying how the Pats are "probably" looking more at a 4-3 front. Um, ya think? With Vince Wilfork and Albert Haynesworth on the team, it's not rocket science.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by T-Long
                I think it's funny when I was listening to Sirius this week and they kept saying how the Pats are "probably" looking more at a 4-3 front. Um, ya think? With Vince Wilfork and Albert Haynesworth on the team, it's not rocket science.
                They have some young lineman who are pretty good pass rushers as well, in Mike Wright and Myron Pryor. Plus, they lack an OLB who can pressure. Makes sense.

Comment

• Raptor
                  • Jan 2009

Id take both

Comment

• BLeonard
                    BoB Sabermetrician
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Ickybaluky
                    Kaczur is a above-average RT, especially in the run game. Probably could shift to OG, was actually worked there in camp last year because Mankins held out (before hurting his back). He missed all of last season with a back injury and then refused to take a pay cut this year before being cut.

Warren is a very underrated DE who missed all last year with a hip injury. He is healthy, but was released because the Pats are shifting to more of a 4-3 scheme (thus he would play much less) and he made a lot of money.

Warren would be a nice fit on any 3-4 team, but I doubt he goes anywhere besides Dallas. He grew up a Cowboys fan, went to Texas A & M and still lives in Texas year round. He wants to play for the Cowboys and they have a need for him after losing Stephen Bowen to the Redskins.
                    Personally, I don't want injured players that the Patriots drop... Especially if they missed the entire season.

-Bill

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by BLeonard
                      Personally, I don't want injured players that the Patriots drop... Especially if they missed the entire season.

-Bill
                      R u kidding me...at the point we should probably even consider any players the patriots have in their Practice Squad...

Comment

• BLeonard
                        BoB Sabermetrician
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        R u kidding me...at the point we should probably even consider any players the patriots have in their Practice Squad...
                        Ordinarily, I'd agree... But, they missed the entire season for a reason and to have Kaczur refuse a pay cut... You really think he's gonna be willing to go to the Bills?

On top of that, the Pats don't usually dump guys if they can get anything out of them... That tells me that something might be up if the Pats just let them walk.

-Bill

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by BLeonard
                          Ordinarily, I'd agree... But, they missed the entire season for a reason and to have Kaczur refuse a pay cut... You really think he's gonna be willing to go to the Bills?

On top of that, the Pats don't usually dump guys if they can get anything out of them... That tells me that something might be up if the Pats just let them walk.

-Bill
                          Injury doesn't bother me if the doctors can clear him. Demetrious Bell was injured but came back and played ok last year and should be better this year. Wood had been hurt also. People can recover...

The Pats have a replacement and frequently never overpay. So I can see why they dumped them. On the other hand, we have money to spare and actually, we need to spend it - I believe the new rules state we need to spend 95% cap and we are in the low 80s?

If we don't grab him, we should consider a trade with a top RT that we can throw money at. Maybe trade Lee Evans or even draft picks...a top ILB could be possible also to trade for.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

If you leave off any player who has suffered a serious injury, you would eliminate pretty much the entire NFL. Most of the guys have had something that would keep them idle for a year, whether it be in high school, college or the pros.

As for Kaczur, he is from Branford, Ontario (about as far from Buffalo as Rochester, NY) and played collegiately at Toledo. Buffalo seems pretty close to home.

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

Kaczur should go on our list... Wouldn't be a bad move. I'd rate it as a +3. I'd probably take him over Harris, Brown, or Gaither.

I don't see DT as much of a need right now. If it was a one for one swap of Spencer I would be OK with it since I think he's better.

Comment

Working...
                              X