• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

WGR

Right now they have spent about an hour talking about movies on a day where the Bills opened TC.

Is this a sports station or not?

Garbage.

• CAbills
    • Jul 2004

Re: WGR

I only enjoy the morning show and since Im in Cali, I just catch the clips they post. Bulldog and Schopp suck, especially when it comes to football talk. But they bust a nut for Sabre hockey
    Lets Go Buffalo!
    Boiler Up!

Comment

• Demon
      • Mar 2003

They just don't want to depress people any further before the weekend.
      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• delectrolux
        • May 2007

You know, Every day this week I've checked in to them on their iphone app, thinking I can finally get away from Vikings talk and hear some good Bills discussion. And every time, they're talking about food. Or bands. Or what one of them is going to be doing after work (should he go out and celebrate his boss, or should he just go home, and should I give a ****...).

Such a damn shame there's only the one station because I agree, total garbage.

Comment

• scartown
          • Dec 2008

I'm just waiting for the minted or unminted toothpick segment.

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by delectrolux
            You know, Every day this week I've checked in to them on their iphone app, thinking I can finally get away from Vikings talk and hear some good Bills discussion. And every time, they're talking about food. Or bands. Or what one of them is going to be doing after work (should he go out and celebrate his boss, or should he just go home, and should I give a ****...).

Such a damn shame there's only the one station because I agree, total garbage.
            Bring back Empire Sports Network!!!!

Pegula has money to spend.

Comment

• Demon
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by CAbills
              I only enjoy the morning show and since Im in Cali, I just catch the clips they post. Bulldog and Schopp suck, especially when it comes to football talk. But they bust a nut for Sabre hockey
              Sorry that not all of us live in Cali and last i checked we did have a hockey team in this area, too, one which is very successful, has an owner that cares, makes positive moves and has names of players that others around the league are jealous about.

WTF is there to talk about the Bills? How much they suck? That talk gets old on a message board, let alone on a radio station. People don't want to listen to it and ruin their entire day.
              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• delectrolux
                • May 2007

Originally posted by Demon
                Sorry that not all of us live in Cali and last i checked we did have a hockey team in this area, too, one which is very successful, has an owner that cares, makes positive moves and has names of players that others around the league are jealous about.

WTF is there to talk about the Bills? How much they suck? That talk gets old on a message board, let alone on a radio station. People don't want to listen to it and ruin their entire day.
                My first love is the Sabres, and I full appreciate WGR's hockey talk, but that doesn't mean they need to ignore football. Especially during the most exciting NFL week since last season ended. Good or bad, these message boards are testament that Bills fans want to talk (and listen) about the Bills. Is it so much to ask that our "Sports" radio station do the same?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

The bust a nut for hockey because they're affiliated with the team and have to. Have to keep that money stream coming in!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
                    Right now they have spent about an hour talking about movies on a day where the Bills opened TC.

Is this a sports station or not?

Garbage.
                    The funny thing is the movie topic was started by some of my buddies here at work!!! HILARIOUS......

Comment

• CAbills
                      • Jul 2004

Its opening day of training camp, in one of the most crazy news weeks in NFL football history, I'd figure there might be something to talk about? I dont know what me being from California has anything to do with it? just saying Howard and Simon comes on at like 4 am here...

I know I am DEFINITELY not the only person who think Schopp and Bulldog suck.
                      Lets Go Buffalo!
                      Boiler Up!

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                        The funny thing is the movie topic was started by some of my buddies here at work!!! HILARIOUS......
                        You have a fist right? Do you know how to use it?

Comment

• mikemac2001
                          is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                          • Mar 2003

I try to listen to them but the only time i can is during NHL season they are brutal ill stick with sirius until that point

MUCK
                          FIAMI

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                            • Sep 2003

You should look into WGRF 97 Rock or WEDG 103.3 The Edge since they are actual Bills flagship stations. WGR is useless.

PTR
                            10 Commandments of the D
                            1. Never stop Rocking.
                            2. Legalize all drugs.
                            3. Quit your day job.
                            4. All Religion should be taxed.
                            5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                            6. F**k her gently.
                            7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                            8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                            9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                            10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Demon
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by CAbills
                              Its opening day of training camp, in one of the most crazy news weeks in NFL football history, I'd figure there might be something to talk about? I dont know what me being from California has anything to do with it? just saying Howard and Simon comes on at like 4 am here...

I know I am DEFINITELY not the only person who think Schopp and Bulldog suck.
                              In the late 90s, several of my Sabres friends HATED wgr with a passion because they ignored Sabres but talked Bills ALL the time. As they saying always went, hockey season doesn't start until football season ends? That was when we still had hopes at playoffs. This Bills team is terrible, there is zero hope, and all the talk around this team is how bad they are. Who wants to listen to that?

What is there to talk about? Seriously.... training camp and about which bum will beat another bum for a position? About how our corner backs are Florance, Mcgee and McKelvin? How all 3 of our qbs are 7th round picks? How Maybin is a bust? How Spiller could be a bust? C'mon people, you want WGR to brainwash you and excite you for football season. There is ZERO, absolutely ZERO to talk about this team that is positive.

If they talked football and said what on their minds, half of the listeners would turn the station off. People don't like to listen to negative talk, essp on the radio when theres so much more options. As one guy said, truth hurts and THAT IS THE TRUTH. We are a "minor league" franchise as one poster said it.

People on this board get sick of it, but people keep coming back because well, it's a message board and we love talking about football with strangers, we are already in the minority.... LOL
                              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡