PDA

View Full Version : What a Joke Bills took day off to sign rooks

mrbojanglezs
07-29-2011, 06:32 PM
I can't believe this franchise, they tell burnett they won't negotiate any more until the weekend because they wanted to concentrate on signing rookies. WTH is that crap??? they couldn't multitask, why couldn't they start signing rookies earlier in the week what they were too busy negotiating with thigpen and smith LMAO.

Once we lost poz they should have been on the horn going after ILBs hard.

now the bills blog saying davis and torbor are the starters and chan is fine with it

GUESS WHAT THE FANS ARE NOT FINE WITH IT!!!

These guys have zero upside, sheppard better catch on quick.

And no i won't be happy with crowder hes not that good

RANT OFF:madmad:

mrbojanglezs
07-29-2011, 06:33 PM
now i hear that moats is working out at ILB...... great now we have no depth we need to take guys out of position where they were performing and stunt their progress

EDS
07-29-2011, 06:35 PM
now i hear that moats is working out at ILB...... great now we have no depth we need to take guys out of position where they were performing and stunt their progress

Relax, Buddy Nix is a genius.

mrbojanglezs
07-29-2011, 06:37 PM
im usually pretty laid back with the bills i dont let stuff get to me and I dont get my hopes off to much, but this really rubs me the wrong way how they just tell him lets hold off talks until we sign rookies, wtf is that, if you want him you get him, have one of the other million dollar office guys sign rookies

Thurmal
07-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Look, I know the Bills are incompetent, but do you REALLY believe that if they wanted Burnett badly, they wouldn't have gone after him today.?

Buddy blows smokescreens and is generally full of **** when it comes to speaking with the media.

They didn't want Burnett badly at all, it's not like they just put off talking to a guy they were enamored of b/c they had rookies to sign.

mrbojanglezs
07-29-2011, 06:42 PM
Look, I know the Bills are incompetent, but do you REALLY believe that if they wanted Burnett badly, they wouldn't have gone after him today.?

Buddy blows smokescreens and is generally full of **** when it comes to speaking with the media.

They didn't want Burnett badly at all, it's not like they just put off talking to a guy they were enamored of b/c they had rookies to sign.

they sure as hell should of want him, chan saying we are fine at LB today with torbor and davis starting makes me sick

Thurmal
07-29-2011, 06:49 PM
they sure as hell should of want him, chan saying we are fine at LB today with torbor and davis starting makes me sick

Yeah, they also said we wouldn't go after any big-name free agents, but made a huge push for Clabo yesterday.

Mahdi
07-29-2011, 06:50 PM
Where does it say the Bills took the day off to sign rookies?

mrbojanglezs
07-29-2011, 06:50 PM
Yeah, they also said we wouldn't go after any big-name free agents, but made a huge push for Clabo yesterday.

what does that do for the team now?

mrbojanglezs
07-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Where does it say the Bills took the day off to sign rookies?

i was referring to reading something from twitter that there was mutual interest but talks would resume on saturday so they can focus on signing rookies today

Philagape
07-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Look, I know the Bills are incompetent, but do you REALLY believe that if they wanted Burnett badly, they wouldn't have gone after him today.

Absolutely yes.

Thurmal
07-29-2011, 07:01 PM
Absolutely yes.

Because Burnett's agent didn't let Buffalo know Miami was really interested? Sure.

EDS
07-29-2011, 07:03 PM

You can't really blame Buddy, he had a coveted 5 pm reservation at Ponderosa for seniors night and you can't expect him to pass that up.

OpIv37
07-29-2011, 07:04 PM

Did Chan actually say that?

That ****ing bothers me.

I'm OK with letting Poz walk, but we have to get some youth in there to take their lumps. Neither Davis nor Torbor are the long-term answer. If we have to start one of them for experience, fine, but if we start both of them, we are just spinning our wheels.

What happened to Danny Batten?

Prov401
07-29-2011, 07:08 PM

Really? Because I find him to be a straight shooter. He's said time and time again, we are building this team through the draft. He's said time and time again, we're not going to be flashy players in free agency. He said we needed to draft best player available in both drafts... Say what you want about CJ, but on both 1st rd drafts days, we got the BPA in each.

Where are these smoke screens?

mrbojanglezs
07-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Did Chan actually say that?

That ****ing bothers me.

I'm OK with letting Poz walk, but we have to get some youth in there to take their lumps. Neither Davis nor Torbor are the long-term answer. If we have to start one of them for experience, fine, but if we start both of them, we are just spinning our wheels.

What happened to Danny Batten?

yes

Reggie Torbor will be the starting ILB taking Poz’s spot next to Andra Davis.
Chan Gailey believes with two veterans that know the defense and have plenty of experience inside that they’ll “be fine there.”
Gailey didn’t address whether there would be any more additions at the position.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/

OpIv37
07-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Really? Because I find him to be a straight shooter. He's said time and time again, we are building this team through the draft. He's said time and time again, we're not going to be flashy players in free agency. He said we needed to draft best player available in both drafts... Say what you want about CJ, but on both 1st rd drafts days, we got the BPA in each.

Where are these smoke screens?

Really?

Well, he said he was going to re-sign Poz and failed to do it (again, I'm OK with losing Poz, but it was either incompetence or a smoke screen on Nix's part- your guess is as good as mine, so take your pick).

He pursued Clabo, which seems to go against the "build through the draft" philosophy.

He said he was interested in Burnett (who would have been a good pickup for us but is FAR from flashy), but then sat back and did nothing because he was "signing rookies." So, again, either he wasn't really interested and it was a smoke screen, or he's incompetent.

And honestly, stop and think about what you just said. If we draft BPA instead of for need, and refuse to be players in FA, HOW THE **** ARE WE SUPPOSED TO FILL HOLES? It's a strategy that is guaranteed to fail.

OpIv37
07-29-2011, 07:21 PM
yes

Reggie Torbor will be the starting ILB taking Poz’s spot next to Andra Davis.
Chan Gailey believes with two veterans that know the defense and have plenty of experience inside that they’ll “be fine there.”
Gailey didn’t address whether there would be any more additions at the position.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/

Well, everyone was saying that Poz would look better playing behind Dareus. The same should be true for Torbor and Davis. Their experience would help, but I'd rather see younger guys getting the reps so maybe we can be contenders in a couple of years.

Sometimes, I wonder why I ****ing bother with this team.

Thurmal
07-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Well, everyone was saying that Poz would look better playing behind Dareus. The same should be true for Torbor and Davis. Their experience would help, but I'd rather see younger guys getting the reps so maybe we can be contenders in a couple of years.

It's kind of like battered wife syndrome. Just when you think it can't get any worse; they'll do something positive to give you hope that everything will turn out okay.

jills
07-29-2011, 08:04 PM
This FO is a f'n joke

Jan Reimers
07-30-2011, 06:48 AM
Most of you who have been around awhile know me as one of the real optimists on this board. But I have to say that if we make no attempt to sign a good ILB to replace Poz, an OT, and/or a TE - when we apparently have plenty of cap space to do so - I'm trading in my rose colored glasses and joining the haters.

DMBcrew36
07-30-2011, 06:53 AM

At least the Sabres season starts less than a month after the Bills :laughing:

Jan Reimers
07-30-2011, 06:58 AM
Oh yeah, the Bills had time to sign Jordan Topp, but let Kevin Burnett go to the Dolphins.

I think that about says it all.

Luisito23
07-30-2011, 07:00 AM
Most of you who have been around awhile know me as one of the real optimists on this board. But I have to say that if we make no attempt to sign a good ILB to replace Poz, an OT, and/or a TE - when we apparently have plenty of cap space to do so - I'm trading in my rose colored glasses and joining the haters.

:shocked:

Philagape
07-30-2011, 08:04 AM
Give em a break guys, rookie contracts are so complicated under the new rules and they needed all day to learn them .......

BertSquirtgum
07-30-2011, 08:28 AM
Maybe after the Clabo situation, the Bills got sick of being used as leverage and didn't feel like entertaining burnett to any offers that would net him money elsewhere. I'm just saying, if that was me, I would be pissed off to no end and wouldn't waste my time unless I felt someone had legitimate interest in being a Buffalo Bill.

OpIv37
07-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Give em a break guys, rookie contracts are so complicated under the new rules and they needed all day to learn them .......
Then please explain how other teams were able to sign both rookies and FA's at the same time.

I'll never understand why some people defend the Bills' FO when they fail to do something that the rest of the league does with ease.

Luisito23
07-30-2011, 10:59 AM
I think he was being sarcastic OP.

Philagape
07-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Then please explain how other teams were able to sign both rookies and FA's at the same time.

I'll never understand why some people defend the Bills' FO when they fail to do something that the rest of the league does with ease.

I was being sarcastic. I thought "rookie contracts are so complicated now" would be a clue, my bad

Extremebillsfan247
07-30-2011, 12:34 PM

Where are these smoke screens? Your right, Nix has been straight forward about his approach. What I don't get, and what I don't think I've ever seen before is how almost our entire draft squad, 15 undrafted free agents, and 2 UFAs all get under contract, but our 3rd round pick is still out there wondering if the Bills forgot about him. This is one of the worst displays of management skill from this front office that I've ever seen. That's saying a lot. JMO

SabreEleven
07-30-2011, 12:48 PM
At least the Sabres season starts less than a month after the Bills :laughing:

But you are a Canucks fan.

Beebe's Kid
07-30-2011, 01:00 PM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ArSLNJNUEIM?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="349" width="425"></iframe>

...What he said

wozrob11
07-30-2011, 01:58 PM
everyone does remember what team we all route for right? THE BUFFALO BILLS do you think we ever are a contender of anyone half way decent come on now . come back down to reality we are the last team anybody wants to go to FACT!!!!!! it take a very special breed to be a bills fan i just stopped watching who we were tring to get in FA it just gets me mad . i just focused on our rookie signings

EricStratton
07-30-2011, 03:16 PM
i was referring to reading something from twitter that there was mutual interest but talks would resume on saturday so they can focus on signing rookies today

So you read something from a twitter feed that we know are always reliable about a possible mutual interest and you are going to call the FO a joke because of it.

Then the usual suspects will pile on like this not 4th hand possible info is gospel.

You're all a bunch a sheep.

Mr. Pink
07-30-2011, 03:19 PM
So you read something from a twitter feed that we know are always reliable about a possible mutual interest and you are going to call the FO a joke because of it.

Then the usual suspects will pile on like this not 4th hand possible info is gospel.

You're all a bunch a sheep.

Burnett had interest in us, we had interest in him. He didn't even come in to talk. What does that tell you? That the information presented was most likely right.

Either that or you just don't believe anything you hear when it comes to Buffalo Bills football.

EricStratton
07-30-2011, 03:22 PM
Burnett had interest in us, we had interest in him. He didn't even come in to talk. What does that tell you? That the information presented was most likely right.

Either that or you just don't believe anything you hear when it comes to Buffalo Bills football.

If he was really interested he would have come in.

EricStratton
07-30-2011, 03:26 PM

And as crazy as the past few days are you really can't trust anything from any team.

Remember three days ago the Jets announced they agreed to terms with Asomugha and the papers and TV in Jersey and NYC reported it as fact and look what happened.

Does that make the Jets a joke in the eyes of Bills fans?

Mr. Pink
07-30-2011, 06:43 PM
And as crazy as the past few days are you really can't trust anything from any team.

Remember three days ago the Jets announced they agreed to terms with Asomugha and the papers and TV in Jersey and NYC reported it as fact and look what happened.

Does that make the Jets a joke in the eyes of Bills fans?

Of course it does. They screwed up, so obviously it's funny.

Night Train
07-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Ralph dictates policy, folks. It's been like this forever.

In the 1960's, he ran off GM Dick Gallagher, who won. In 1982, he ran off Chuck Knox, who won. In 1993 he ran off Bill Polian, who won. In 2000, he ran off John Butler, who won. Fired a bunch of cheaper yes men around them all because they couldn't win with inferior talent.

Blaming a front office that has it's hands tied by Wilson dictating money saving policy through his bookeeper Jeff Littman is the equivalent of blaming spoons for being fat. But go ahead, entertain me with your ignorance.

If making constant jokes about Buddy Nix napping makes you happy, have at it. Shows how little you know about the history of the Bills.

There's a reason why 2 out of every 3 seasons in our history have been losing ones. He signs the checks.

DMBcrew36
07-31-2011, 02:04 PM
But you are a Canucks fan.

Pfff.. fishing for a fight again I see.

I'm a Sabres fan - you don't know me.

better days
07-31-2011, 02:34 PM

Well, after the signing of Barnett, are you ready to put the rose colored glasses back on & rejoin the optimists Jan?

Demon
07-31-2011, 02:39 PM
Most of you who have been around awhile know me as one of the real optimists on this board. But I have to say that if we make no attempt to sign a good ILB to replace Poz, an OT, and/or a TE - when we apparently have plenty of cap space to do so - I'm trading in my rose colored glasses and joining the realists.

Fixed your post.

better days
07-31-2011, 03:40 PM
Fixed your post.

Great so Jans rejoining the optimists/realists then.

mrbojanglezs
07-31-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm satisfied still don't like that they took Friday off

jills
08-01-2011, 12:27 AM
* Burnett, on why he signed with Miami: “They wanted me. The feeling was mutual. You have to go where you’re wanted. It made the decision easy.”

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2011/07/31/miami-dolphins-july-31-training-camp-report/