X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CAbills
    • Jul 2004

Moats back to ILB

They are practicing Moats back at ILB. Im finding it real hard to have any faith right now. Oh boy...
    Lets Go Buffalo!
    Boiler Up!
  • wmoz11
    • Sep 2008

Re: Moats back to ILB

Well, it makes sense right now since we don't have many options there. Not to mention that Kelsay's salary means he'll be starting at one OLB position and Merriman will surely have the other.

Gotta get Moats on the field.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Are you serious? He did so good as a pass rushing OLB. Why the **** would they move him back? I hate this team!

Op is right! :banghead:

Comment

• CAbills
        • Jul 2004

The one rookie who did something last year and move his position though? When he was clearly not comfortable at ILB during the preseason and games. Maybe he can do it but, the reasoning that one of the few promising young players has to move position because of people like Kelsay.... makes me sad.
        Lets Go Buffalo!
        Boiler Up!

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by wmoz11
          Well, it makes sense right now since we don't have many options there. Not to mention that Kelsay's salary means he'll be starting at one OLB position and Merriman will surely have the other.

Gotta get Moats on the field.
          Moats best asset is his pass rush abilities which are best utilized at OLB. In addition, who do they have at OLB that they can move Moats inside?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Michael82
            Are you serious? He did so good as a pass rushing OLB. Why the **** would they move him back? I hate this team!

Op is right! :banghead:
            You owe me an apology.

Just sayin'.
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• wmoz11
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by EDS
              Moats best asset is his pass rush abilities which are best utilized at OLB. In addition, who do they have at OLB that they can move Moats inside?
              I believe I mentioned two names. It's kind of sounds like he's just set there now because 1) Sheppard isn't in camp and 2) We haven't signed an ILB yet. It's like Kaepernick taking 1st team reps in SF. Alex Smith isn't in camp yet.

You guys really are quick to jump to conclusions. Of course, I don't have much faith in the Bills to do the right thing a lot of the time, but at least wait until their full roster is in place before going off the deep end.
              Last edited by wmoz11; 07-29-2011, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

They should just move Kelsay inside.

Or maybe Brad Smith. He can do everything.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                  Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
                  • Jan 2010

I think this is temporary... jmo, or maybe dave wanstedt sees something in moats... idk.... weird

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

I believe I mentioned two names. It's kind of sounds like he's just set there now because 1) Sheppard isn't in camp and 2) We haven't signed an ILB yet. It's like Kaepernick taking 1st team reps in SF. Alex Smith isn't in camp yet.

You guys really are quick to jump to conclusions. Of course, I don't have much faith in the Bills to do the right thing a lot of the time, but at least wait until their full roster is in place before going off the deep end.
                    Aren't Torbor and Davis in camp? Where is Batten playing?

Comment

• Thurmal
                      • Oct 2005

Moats can rush the passer.

I'm thinking Dareus and Williams just might open up some holes for him to blitz.

Everyone dogs Kawika Mitchell, but the blitz with him up the middle was money in '08.
                      Last edited by Thurmal; 07-29-2011, 06:59 PM.
                      "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• wmoz11
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by EDS
                        Aren't Torbor and Davis in camp? Where is Batten playing?
                        We have two ILB spots. Davis is one and Moats is filling in at the other. It's more likely, as the roster sits now without Sheppard signed, that Moats plays ahead of Torbor than either Merriman or Kelsay.

Comment

• EDS
                          • Jan 2003

We have two ILB spots. Davis is one and Moats is filling in at the other. It's more likely, as the roster sits now without Sheppard signed, that Moats plays ahead of Torbor than either Merriman or Kelsay.
                          A stiff breeze could start ahead of Kelsay and it would be an upgrade. Kelsay's only value is when they run a 4-3 front.

Comment

• bills4ver
                            • Sep 2008

OMG if this is true I am really starting to question our coach and staff?

Moats looked great when he kicked outside he should play opposite Merriman

We need to sign an ILB Crowder would be a good 2 down backer for runs

Comment

• wmoz11
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by EDS
                              A stiff breeze could start ahead of Kelsay and it would be an upgrade. Kelsay's only value is when they run a 4-3 front.
                              I'm not saying Kelsay is good. But with his contract you can bet your ass he'll be on the field as a starter. Unless he's cut, which would be great by me.

Comment

Working...
                              X