PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Nix must be smoking something good

Michael82
07-29-2011, 06:45 PM
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1227832884/me_normal.jpg
Murph_on_sports (http://twitter.com/#!/Murph_on_sports) Murph on sports

Bills GM Buddy Nix was asked tonight if Bills are better than they were last year. Answer--"My gosh, I hope so."

5 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#!/Murph_on_sports/status/97088048210251777)

:puke:

Michael82
07-29-2011, 06:46 PM
Like I said on twitter....Seriously, how the hell are the Bills better, Buddy? They lost their best Linebacker. They are going to lose their starting safety. They almost got a starting RT, but didn't get one and have crap there. How the **** are they better? :mad:

SabreEleven
07-29-2011, 06:48 PM
He hopes so? Shouldn't he know?

mrbojanglezs
07-29-2011, 06:49 PM
lolololololol

EDS
07-29-2011, 06:50 PM
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1227832884/me_normal.jpg
Murph_on_sports (http://twitter.com/#!/Murph_on_sports) Murph on sports

Bills GM Buddy Nix was asked tonight if Bills are better than they were last year. Answer--"My gosh, I hope so."

5 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#!/Murph_on_sports/status/97088048210251777)

:puke:

He can't possibly have actually said that. Could he? Please tell me that is a fake of some kind.

Luisito23
07-29-2011, 06:51 PM
He hopes so? Shouldn't he know?

Knowledge is not allowed at OBD...

Michael82
07-29-2011, 06:54 PM
He can't possibly have actually said that. Could he? Please tell me that is a fake of some kind.

nope. He really said that. :ill:

Thurmal
07-29-2011, 06:55 PM
-- one more year under Gailey's system

-- picked up arguably the best player in the draft (Dareus) to play alongside our best player (K. Williams)

-- Fitz having his first training camp as the unquestioned starter

-- don't be so sure Whitner is a goner

-- Wannestadt, a defensive guru, on the staff

-- resigned our best CB, and added another solid one in Round 2 of the draft

-- promising rookies from last year (Easley, Moats, Troup, Carrington) all likely progressing

-- adding Brad Smith (a legitimate play-maker) to run Pistol/Option/Wildcat offense with Spiller and Parrish

-- free agency officially is less than two hours old; there will be surprise roster cuts, there will be possible trades

I'm not saying we'll make the playoffs, but we'll win more than four games.

SeatownBillsFan21
07-29-2011, 07:12 PM
^ wanna make a bet on over under 4 wins I'll take the under. this team (on paper) is not looking very good as of today.

Thurmal
07-29-2011, 07:19 PM
^ wanna make a bet on over under 4 wins I'll take the under. this team (on paper) is not looking very good as of today.
Can't really bet over the internet, obviously, but I'll tell you this: if Vegas sets the Bills win total at 4, I'd lay some coin on the over, for sure.

I'd probably sweat it out, but this team can win six games next year.

Mr. Pink
07-29-2011, 07:21 PM
"gosh I hope so????" Wow.

Does anyone really still have faith in what's going down over at OBD right now?

That quote just instills confidence. :rofl:

Mr. Pink
07-29-2011, 07:26 PM
-- one more year under Gailey's system

-- picked up arguably the best player in the draft (Dareus) to play alongside our best player (K. Williams)

-- Fitz having his first training camp as the unquestioned starter

-- don't be so sure Whitner is a goner

-- Wannestadt, a defensive guru, on the staff

-- resigned our best CB, and added another solid one in Round 2 of the draft

-- promising rookies from last year (Easley, Moats, Troup, Carrington) all likely progressing

-- adding Brad Smith (a legitimate play-maker) to run Pistol/Option/Wildcat offense with Spiller and Parrish

-- free agency officially is less than two hours old; there will be surprise roster cuts, there will be possible trades

I'm not saying we'll make the playoffs, but we'll win more than four games.

I will combat all of this on a point by point basis.

1. Gailey runs a college offense.

2. Fitz has been around the league for years and now has a guy to look over his shoulder at who has been around Gailey longer.

3. Whitner ain't coming back. He was the first guy out the locker room when last year ended.

4. Wanny a defensive guru who has no knowledge of the 3-4 base. Awesome.

5. Can't argue that at this point.

6. Easley has nothing to progress from as he didn't play. Carrington and Troup didn't play enough and Moats if moved well, he's starting all over.

7. We have enough returners. We're not a team that can afford to make our best FA signing a gimmick player. Which so far, he is our best signing.

8. From what we've seen so far out of FA what makes you believe we'll make a quality signing?

Thurmal
07-29-2011, 07:31 PM

2. Fitz has been around the league for years and now has a guy to look over his shoulder at who has been around Gailey longer.

3. Whitner ain't coming back. He was the first guy out the locker room when last year ended.

6. Easley has nothing to progress from as he didn't play. Carrington and Troup didn't play enough and Moats if moved well, he's starting all over.

7. We have enough returners. We're not a team that can afford to make our best FA signing a gimmick player. Which so far, he is our best signing.

8. From what we've seen so far out of FA what makes you believe we'll make a quality signing?

I really can't argue with you, but I get tired of the Chicken Little crap from Bills fans. Everyone acts like we need to sign every flash-in-the-pan free agent or we'll go 0-16.

Johnny Bugmenot
07-29-2011, 07:34 PM

We? Our? You're a Browns fan, remember?

Mr. Pink
07-29-2011, 07:40 PM
I really can't argue with you, but I get tired of the Chicken Little crap from Bills fans. Everyone acts like we need to sign every flash-in-the-pan free agent or we'll go 0-16.

I won't go against your point there. Every flashy name doesn't need to be signed. There are plenty of guys out there and available who wouldn't be flashy signings but would be improvements to the roster. A roster that needs a lot of improvements.

I said Matt Roth would be a nice under the radar type signing that would be an upgrade. Is Roth a world beater? Obviously not but with moving Moats inside it would give us a competent guy to play opposite Merriman or to, god forbid, take over full blitzing type duties if Merriman goes down with another injury.

It's maddening when we don't go out and look at these type of guys who will improve the core. It's also maddening watching people post "oh just go with the youngsters, let them get experience" especially when most of those youngsters simply aren't good enough or the coaching staff didn't trust them enough to get their feet wet last year.

Gailey, Edwards, etc...must not have had much faith in allowing guys like Spiller, Carrington, Troup, etc get more playing time for some reason and now people clamor oh just let them play and take our lumps. Well if they weren't trusted to take a lot of snaps last year, what's the difference this year?

Dwan Edwards last year wasn't a flashy or big signing but he's the type of guy where if we went out and brought in 3-5 guys of his ilk I'd be happy with. You cannot discount veteran leadership and a guy who knows how to win. When you start turning over the roster from guys like Lee Evans for example who all he knows is losing to guys like Dwan Edwards you start to instill a winning culture. And you have guys who start to instill that mindset in all of the youngsters you're trying to develop along the way.

ddaryl
07-29-2011, 07:48 PM
:popcorn:

jills
07-29-2011, 07:56 PM

It wouldn't shock me to be honest

Buffalo Thriller
07-29-2011, 07:58 PM
I find it halarious he said "I hope so."

SeatownBillsFan21
07-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Can't really bet over the internet, obviously, but I'll tell you this: if Vegas sets the Bills win total at 4, I'd lay some coin on the over, for sure.

I'd probably sweat it out, but this team can win six games next year.

Got PayPal??? i say 3 wins.

kelly2reed4six
07-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Like I said on twitter....Seriously, how the hell are the Bills better, Buddy? They lost their best Linebacker. They are going to lose their starting safety. They almost got a starting RT, but didn't get one and have crap there. How the **** are they better? :mad:

All I have to say is the Packers lost how many starters and WON the superbowl? Now, I am by NO MEANS saying we are even close to a superbowl, much less the playoffs, but c'mon....we lose Poz and suddendly our franchise is DOOMED! My Gosh, you people are acting as if Poz is Peyton manning!

christhebillsfan783
07-29-2011, 10:10 PM
I don't see how any of the signings we have made so far has made this team any better. Our O-line is still in need of some serious help and we need a ton of help at LB. I think our rookies from last year will improve but not to the point where our team will drastically improve. We won 4 games with a much easier schedule than what is ahead of us this year. As far as Nix's comment, that is unacceptable from a GM, even if it is true.

billz83
07-30-2011, 07:35 AM
we signed ****..i dont care what anyone says! we got the 3rd string QB from the dolphins! a team that didnt have any QBs!! we got their WORST QB! and brad smith..hahaha wow i gave nix a chance..and if they resign mccargo i will forever refer to old man wilson,nix, and gailey as the 3 stooges..this team is embarrassing. u tell sumone ur a bills fan and they jus INSTANTLY feel SORRY for u! the entire conversation STOPS..their incompetence is unmeasurable! i can guarantee u if we had a contest among bills fans the winner of said contest would be able to run this franchise better. and that is SAD!