PDA

View Full Version : The Bills incompetence is a blessing in disguise

Crisis
07-29-2011, 07:12 PM
We're just inadvertently working our way to Andrew Luck.

I would say we're tanking on purpose... but I don't give this organization that much credit to do something that smart.... so I think we're just going to dumb luck our way into turning the franchise around. Knowing us though we'll develop Luck, and right when he turns into an elite QB he'll leave in FA. /facepalm

Thurmal
07-29-2011, 07:22 PM

I would say we're tanking on purpose... but I don't give this organization that much credit to do something that smart.... so I think we're just going to dumb luck our way into turning the franchise around. Knowing us though we'll develop Luck, and right when he turns into an elite QB he'll leave in FA. /facepalm

You know damn well, though, that the Bills are the type of team that would pull out a couple of "scrappy underdog" wins at the end of the year to blow the number one pick just to drive a stake in our collective hearts.

mrbojanglezs
07-29-2011, 07:23 PM
ya then he would stay another year

Johnny Bugmenot
07-29-2011, 07:27 PM
At this phase of the game, I wonder if that's too late. Remember, the Bills lease runs out in 2012, and even Peyton Manning bombed to a 3-13 start his first year in the NFL. So, you end up with another sieve of a defense this year, bomb your way back to the bottom again, end up with Luck, who ends up bombing his first year as most rookies do, and you're at the end of your lease, 13 years with no playoffs, and the fans aren't even showing up at the games anymore. Do you honestly think that Erie County is going to continue leasing the Ralph to the Bills in that scenario, especially if the Sabres keep getting better? Do you think the NFL is going to look at half-empty stadiums every week in a declining market already near the bottom and say they want more of that? This team needs to get to the playoffs this year. The absolutely, positively, must beat the Patriots this year, at least once. It's as simple as that. This fan base is losing faith in this team, judging by the number of non-sellouts and that one close call last year. Of the eight games at the Ralph last year, including Kids Day, five-- a full majority-- either didn't sell out or required a business to make a huge bulk purchase to save the day. Whatever modicum of good faith the Bills earned during the draft with the Dareus pick, they have squandered by their sitting on their hands in free agency.

This is the slow, agonizing death of an NFL team in its middle stages.

gggbills
07-29-2011, 07:45 PM

Even if we had the first pick, I'm not 100% sure we are bright enough to pick Luck. And if we pick him, we might out smart ourselves and move him to ILB. I won't put anything past this bunch anymore.

Akhippo
07-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Washington has got us beat with this plan. They have Luck in the bag.

Buffalo Thriller
07-29-2011, 09:27 PM
At this phase of the game, I wonder if that's too late. Remember, the Bills lease runs out in 2012, and even Peyton Manning bombed to a 3-13 start his first year in the NFL. So, you end up with another sieve of a defense this year, bomb your way back to the bottom again, end up with Luck, who ends up bombing his first year as most rookies do, and you're at the end of your lease, 13 years with no playoffs, and the fans aren't even showing up at the games anymore. Do you honestly think that Erie County is going to continue leasing the Ralph to the Bills in that scenario, especially if the Sabres keep getting better? Do you think the NFL is going to look at half-empty stadiums every week in a declining market already near the bottom and say they want more of that? This team needs to get to the playoffs this year. The absolutely, positively, must beat the Patriots this year, at least once. It's as simple as that. This fan base is losing faith in this team, judging by the number of non-sellouts and that one close call last year. Of the eight games at the Ralph last year, including Kids Day, five-- a full majority-- either didn't sell out or required a business to make a huge bulk purchase to save the day. Whatever modicum of good faith the Bills earned during the draft with the Dareus pick, they have squandered by their sitting on their hands in free agency.

This is the slow, agonizing death of an NFL team in its middle stages.

You honestly think this is the demise of this franchise? pshh

X-Era
07-29-2011, 10:01 PM
You honestly think this is the demise of this franchise? pshhThe demise will be signaled by the seats being empty. Keep selling out the majority of games and the franchise will keep going.

billz83
07-30-2011, 08:11 AM
i have never seen so many bills fans so upset! even the most optimistic koolaid drinkers are waking up and saying what the hell is going on ! hahaha most fans REALLY thought nix would have gotten sum players in FA that woulda helped this team..now that we know this didnt happen people are finally realizing the reality of the situation..most of the diehard fans seen this garbage coming from a mile away..

Mr. Pink
07-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Since Donahoe, Ralph Wilsons goal hasn't been to win, it's been to make as much money as possible. I don't see how anyone can see things any differently than that.

Extremebillsfan247
07-30-2011, 02:59 PM

I would say we're tanking on purpose... but I don't give this organization that much credit to do something that smart.... so I think we're just going to dumb luck our way into turning the franchise around. Knowing us though we'll develop Luck, and right when he turns into an elite QB he'll leave in FA. /facepalmYou actually have to be playing football games to tank them. Gailey isn't that kind of head coach. You want Jauron back for something like that. JMO

Crisis
07-30-2011, 03:25 PM
You actually have to be playing football games to tank them. Gailey isn't that kind of head coach. You want Jauron back for something like that. JMO

Gailey's first year was worse than any of Jauron's.

DrGraves
07-30-2011, 06:36 PM
I think we'll get luck but I bet he'll be the biggest bust ever considering he's been getting hyped for over 2 years now. That would be just our luck ;)

Night Train
07-30-2011, 06:53 PM
Currently, there are 4 QB's that look like 1st rounders to me in 2012.. but let's become polarized by one name and focus on no one but him.

Then put on a Broadway caliber crying act when Cinci picks him. :monkeyp: