PDA

View Full Version : Schopp: Talking proud, once

BLeonard
07-29-2011, 08:08 PM
http://www.wgr550.com/pages/8669316.php?pid=56738

The Bills are lucky there's so little competition for them here -- no big-league baseball or basketball teams, for example. If there were, Ralph Wilson might actually have to try a little. I doubt Terry Pegula and the Sabres, who the Bills always exude a sense of superiority toward, have made a dent in the Bills' approach to fan-friendliness or commitment to winning. (On an personal note, of about the last 10 conversations I've had with a certain Bills executive, I'd say seven or eight have included him taking a shot at the Sabres for how less important they are than the Bills on the sports radar. This is the attitude we're dealing with, folks.)

Not a big Schopp fan, but I can't really argue with anything he says here...

-Bill

YardRat
07-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Schopp is an idiot.

Pretty easy to throw around the 'unnamed sources' bit.

mrbojanglezs
07-29-2011, 08:24 PM
schopp has some talent, don't like him, but he has talent,

bulldog on the other hand is a stuttering buffoon

X-Era
07-29-2011, 08:26 PM

bulldog on the other hand is a stuttering buffoonPersonally, I think my local Christian radio personalities have more talent... at least they can stick to their stations topic.

k-oneputt
07-29-2011, 08:34 PM
LOL, they are always crying because they know that the Bills are #1 in this city and they always will be.

Mr. Pink
07-29-2011, 08:36 PM

bulldog on the other hand is a stuttering buffoon

Agreed. The only knock on Schopp is he belittles callers and hangs up on them if he doesn't agree with them.

Bulldog on the other hand I don't even know how that dude got hired in the first place let alone still has a job. He has little to no sports knowledge and stutters constantly when he's baffled by a question...which happens once every 5 minutes.

Johnny Bugmenot
07-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Schopp was a great host at WNSA. He went downhill when WGR hired him. It's the station, not the host.

YardRat
07-29-2011, 08:55 PM
I've had about 10 conversations with a certain rival radio personality, and 10 out of 10 times he called Schopp a dick.

Bmax
07-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Both guys have some talent .. Schoop being the one with superior talent...But they really don't do any home work.. I don't know how many times .. i had to call and correct them. Yesterday Schoop stated that the bills 2010 draft was bad.. What ? Mentioned Spiller and Carrington as reasons why.. Carrington came on late last season..

Their arrongance and constant unfriendly treatment of callers will lead to their eventual downfall.

The fail to understand that most people in this town love the Bills and Sabres and don't really care about the NHL...

sba
07-29-2011, 10:09 PM
You guys are blind or pretending it's not happening if you don't see the city's allegiance shifting towards the Sabres in the past 4-5 years...the fact that the Bills FO doesn't see it proves how incompetent they are too

Bmax
07-29-2011, 10:22 PM
Some people may prefer the sabres .. but it's hockey that they won't switch to .. As soon as the sabres are out so are most of the fans...

sba
07-29-2011, 10:24 PM
This area draws in the top 3 areas for NHL ratings in the US...for non-Sabres games.

trapezeus
07-29-2011, 10:27 PM
the sabres are on track to win a championship before the bills. if and when that happens, fans will always hold the sabres as the superior team. and the bills will have to catch up.

TrEd FTW
07-29-2011, 11:37 PM
As soon as the sabres are out so are most of the fans...

You couldn't be more wrong. Buffalo was the No. 3 market for watching the Stanley Cup this past season. The only two better were Boston and Providence, and they had a dog in the fight (the Bruins).

Bmax
07-29-2011, 11:53 PM
Ok so we watch more NHL than other cities...But how many are watching is the key .. My point is compared to the NFL or even WWE the numbers are not good at all.. I guess that would have to do with the mickey mouse marketing job the NHL does... an average of 4.5 mill watched the stanley cup in 2011 ....5.0 million watched the WWE....

How about getting one network that people watch and putting it on there...What sport moves it championships ganes around on two different networks ?

I love the Sabres...The NHL needs a lot of work...and

BLeonard
07-30-2011, 12:22 AM
Ok so we watch more NHL than other cities...But how many are watching is the key .. My point is compared to the NFL or even WWE the numbers are not good at all.. I guess that would have to do with the mickey mouse marketing job the NHL does... an average of 4.5 mill watched the stanley cup in 2011 ....5.0 million watched the WWE....

How about getting one network that people watch and putting it on there...What sport moves it championships ganes around on two different networks ?

I love the Sabres...The NHL needs a lot of work...and

The NCAA tournament was held on 4 different networks... I understand your point, though.

-Bill

Michael82
07-30-2011, 02:07 AM
Mike Schopp is a ****ing moron and definite bandwagon fan.

DMBcrew36
07-30-2011, 06:46 AM
Schopp is an idiot.

Pretty easy to throw around the 'unnamed sources' bit.

And yet it's still extremely believable that the Bills front office would have such an attitude. They're probably very aware but don't care that the other team in town is making them look uncommitted and pathetic. Bla bla, the NFL matters more so whatever.

I don't listen to WGR, though - rather listen to satellite radio in the car :D

Bmax
07-30-2011, 10:36 AM
And yet it's still extremely believable that the Bills front office would have such an attitude. They're probably very aware but don't care that the other team in town is making them look uncommitted and pathetic. Bla bla, the NFL matters more so whatever.

I don't listen to WGR, though - rather listen to satellite radio in the car :D

Satellite radio now there is a thought....gotta do it soon....

Bmax

Philagape
07-30-2011, 11:22 AM
the sabres are on track to win a championship before the bills. if and when that happens, fans will always hold the sabres as the superior team. and the bills will have to catch up.

The Sabres already are the superior team. They are a legit franchise in their league. The Bills are not.
The Bills' smugness makes me disrespect them even more. Why try to win when you think you're the top dog no matter what?

Night Train
07-30-2011, 11:27 AM
Being old enough to remember awesome evening sports radio shows with Stan Barron & Dick Rifenburg , then later with John Murphy & Howard Simon ( all on WBEN ), I cannot tell you how bad WGR programming is, knowing how good it once was in WNY.

WGR sounds like college intern radio.