PDA

View Full Version : Great Teams and Why were are where we need to Be

Mike
07-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Look throughout History and All of the Great Teams, the Dynasties have 7 things in common:

1) They sucked major balls before turning around, just like the bills! Sucking major balls gives your the advantage of getting the best college talent.
Steelers sucked in the 60's were the Dynasty of the 70's
49ers sucked in the 70's were the Dynasty of the 80's
Cowboys sucked in the late 80's were the Dynasty of the 90's
Pats sucked for most of their history and were the Dynasty of the 2000's

2) They had Great QB: unless we get a great QB were not going to be great, so why be good for a few years when you could be Great for A Decade?
Joe Montana, Aikman, Brady, etc...

3) Revolutionary Coaches: from creating a new systems like the west coast offense to being a great X&O coach like the Pats BB.

4) Great Talent Evaluators: Good at finding talent in the Draft, FA, trades, waver wire, off the streets or in NFL Europe.

5) Superb Defenses and Good Offenses: Each of the Dynasties had a superb defense and a good to great offense.

6) Synergy: All of the parts coming to gather perfectly like magic creating a something bigger then themselves.

7) Luck: from finding Brady in the 6th round, to avoiding injuries, to getting super talent super cheap... think randy moss.

Anyways, when I look at this, I am glad that at least we have 1 of the 7 Parts, that being that we suck and with sucking comes the awesome reward of picking high at which point we will need number 7, Luck -pun intended.

Getting a great QB is not only Luck but also the best and fastest way to turn a franchise around. No matter how incompetent an owner might be, once they see what they have how can they not go out and try to find the best supporting cast? However, Sometimes you gotta have Luck on your side!

Bangarang
07-29-2011, 11:12 PM
Sucking and getting high picks is only good when you draft properly. We haven't done that for a while.

Mike
07-30-2011, 02:16 AM
Sucking and getting high picks is only good when you draft properly. We haven't done that for a while.

That's why we especially need Luck... Our FO couldn't hit a golf ball into the ocean, only hope is to get lucky.

Mahdi
07-30-2011, 05:08 AM
I kind of agree with this but I kind of don't. I think we have blown years and years worth of draft picks at the top of the draft and that has started a vicious cycle that is next to impossible to get out of.

Lets say we draft real well over next two years, by the time those players develop are we going to be keeping the guys who developed from this year's draft and last year's draft? Highly unlikely.

The Bills need to understand that they need to build a football team using all avenues because whether its in their control or not, players will leave Buffalo to go to richer, warmer and bigger cities.

Put a winner on the field now, not later.

This is not a team that is that far off IMO, our defense only needs a safety and some talent at LB to really take off.

On offense we really only need a couple of linemen. We're set at the skill positions and Fitz can win games for us.

I don't know why its being made out to be that we need to wait years before this team can win.

KC and Tampa were in the dumps last year and have turned it around. Now granted, those teams didn't spend much in FA to get where they are, but they certainly spent the money needed to keep their top players and add a few key FAs here and there to complete their team and make them competitive.

DMBcrew36
07-30-2011, 06:33 AM
It's hard to gain any excitement for the Bills. Just because we've sucked for 11 years doesn't mean we are putting together anything special, or that we're due to win.

Anyone in Buffalo sees what the Sabres are doing - the commitment from the new ownership, and the changes that are being made to build a contender. It's amazing.

And then you see the Bills - 11 years without playoffs and it's like they are complacent. It's pathetic. As previous posters have said, they've blown the draft so many years in a row. Even with 11 years without playoffs, it could take years of solid drafts, as well as a lot of luck (no pun intended) to give this sad franchise a shot at the playoffs. At this point, I would be happy just beating those douchebags from Boston for once.

Anyways, I hate the idea of sitting back and pinning my hopes on the long shot of us getting some kid in the draft next year. It's going to take more than that to turn this franchise around.