• Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Nix's presser

It's on BB.com

It actually makes me feel a bit better.

What I don't like is him whining about not having enough staff to do their job. Other teams don't seem to have that problem. And he only skimmed the waiver wire and hasn't had a chance to really go through it? Is this not your job at this point?

But what I do like is that he emphasized patience. We took a look at this FA period and saw that good players would still be there after the frenzy died and the spenders spent. Nix basically acknowledged that guys that wanted big money are now calling teams saying make an offer.

There is still talent out there that can help us and the Bills appear to still be shopping.

We may want to get players right off the bat but we may get good deals if we wait.

And... Nix really likes to bring guys in for visits. I think we will start to see guys visit tomorrow or even today.

• better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Nix's presser

I said that would be the Bills plan weeks ago. Wait until the very best players are signed to BIG contracts, then sign players for much less mony that are almost as good as the big money free agents.

Comment

• billsburgh
      • Jul 2003

another point to prove that Ralph is cheap and wont hire enough front office people

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by better days
        I said that would be the Bills plan weeks ago. Wait until the very best players are signed to BIG contracts, then sign players for much less mony that are almost as good as the big money free agents.
        Heres a few names:

Matt Roth
        Zach Miller
        Todd Heap
        Antonio Cromartie
        Owen Daniels
        Leonard Davis
        Cullen Jenkins
        Braylon Edwards
        Donte Whitner
        Manny Lawson
        Justin Blalock
        Ryan Harris
        Kevin Boss
        Jammal Brown
        Stephen Cooper
        Brandon Siler
        Last edited by X-Era; 07-30-2011, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
          • Feb 2005

Hmm sounds like business as usual at OBD. Going after 'what's left' and a staff that struggles to try to get it done.
          Last edited by DMBcrew36; 07-30-2011, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
            Hmm sounds like business as usual at OBD. Going after 'what's left' and a staff that struggles to try to get it done.
            Well, anyone that thought the Bills would be players for the Big money free agents was dreaming. They tried to get Clabo, but other than him there were no other players available that the Bills wanted to spend big money on.

When all is said & done, I expect the Bills will have signed a few free agents that will help improve the team.

Comment

• gggbills
              • Mar 2003

Shopping is one thing, buying is another. As of right now the Bills are still eligible for the express checkout line. However, you are correct there is still talent out there, so I am still not going to panic...not yet.

The wallet is full, the cart is empty....buy something!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
                It's on BB.com

What I don't like is him whining about not having enough staff to do their job. Other teams don't seem to have that problem. And he only skimmed the waiver wire and hasn't had a chance to really go through it? Is this not your job at this point?

But what I do like is that he emphasized patience. We took a look at this FA period and saw that good players would still be there after the frenzy died and the spenders spent. Nix basically acknowledged that guys that wanted big money are now calling teams saying make an offer.

There is still talent out there that can help us and the Bills appear to still be shopping.

We may want to get players right off the bat but we may get good deals if we wait.

And... Nix really likes to bring guys in for visits. I think we will start to see guys visit tomorrow or even today.
                I just want to let Buddy know, my phone is on and fully charged!
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  I just want to let Buddy know, my phone is on and fully charged!
                  Exactly. **** I'll make phone calls.

Comment

• Buddo
                    • Mar 2007

As to the comment about 'other teams don't seem to have that problem' regarding making signings, well, actually, they do. Smith who we signed, was in a queue to be done after the Jest supposedly got Aso. There are other examples around also, I'm sure.
                    Think about it. The Bills have done 30 + contracts in the last couple of days. While still also trying to do a deal with Poz, and Clabo. I'm not sure Nix was so much whining, as telling the world how much work those guys have been doing.
                    FWIW, that would be 19 UDFAs, 9 Draft Picks (under new rules), Thigpen, Smith, Florence and a couple of guys have signed their RFA tenders.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Buddo
                      As to the comment about 'other teams don't seem to have that problem' regarding making signings, well, actually, they do. Smith who we signed, was in a queue to be done after the Jest supposedly got Aso. There are other examples around also, I'm sure.
                      Think about it. The Bills have done 30 + contracts in the last couple of days. While still also trying to do a deal with Poz, and Clabo. I'm not sure Nix was so much whining, as telling the world how much work those guys have been doing.
                      FWIW, that would be 19 UDFAs, 9 Draft Picks (under new rules), Thigpen, Smith, Florence and a couple of guys have signed their RFA tenders.
                      OK. So all the deals are done with the exception of Shepp... Would they be so kind as to go to work on UFA's now?

Comment

• Buddo
                        • Mar 2007

OK. So all the deals are done with the exception of Shepp... Would they be so kind as to go to work on UFA's now?
                        I'll have a word and see what I can do.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                          • Sep 2003

Blame Canada, where are you????

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

That wasn't bad. The amount of contracts being done in such a short time must be overwhelming for every team right now. Short staffed ? What, hire temps from Kelly girls ?

I still think we'll see 1-2 more ILB' added within a week. That's the one position that does seem short on bodies, let alone talent. I'd assume Sheppard will be signed this weekend.

Sounds like they have plenty of opportunities to add anywhere, actually. The waiver wires are full of players without a team and agents are desperate to find a taker at any price, as Nix alluded to.

Players must be screaming at their agents to find them a paycheck quickly. Those baby momma's need that scratch.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Ingtar33
                              Dances With Buffaloes
                              • Sep 2002

It's on BB.com

so he caught up on his sleep again this year?
                              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X