PDA

View Full Version : Nix's presser

X-Era
07-30-2011, 09:06 AM
It's on BB.com

It actually makes me feel a bit better.

What I don't like is him whining about not having enough staff to do their job. Other teams don't seem to have that problem. And he only skimmed the waiver wire and hasn't had a chance to really go through it? Is this not your job at this point?

But what I do like is that he emphasized patience. We took a look at this FA period and saw that good players would still be there after the frenzy died and the spenders spent. Nix basically acknowledged that guys that wanted big money are now calling teams saying make an offer.

There is still talent out there that can help us and the Bills appear to still be shopping.

We may want to get players right off the bat but we may get good deals if we wait.

And... Nix really likes to bring guys in for visits. I think we will start to see guys visit tomorrow or even today.

better days
07-30-2011, 09:10 AM
I said that would be the Bills plan weeks ago. Wait until the very best players are signed to BIG contracts, then sign players for much less mony that are almost as good as the big money free agents.

billsburgh
07-30-2011, 09:12 AM
another point to prove that Ralph is cheap and wont hire enough front office people

X-Era
07-30-2011, 09:16 AM
I said that would be the Bills plan weeks ago. Wait until the very best players are signed to BIG contracts, then sign players for much less mony that are almost as good as the big money free agents.Heres a few names:

Matt Roth
Zach Miller
Todd Heap
Antonio Cromartie
Owen Daniels
Leonard Davis
Cullen Jenkins
Braylon Edwards
Donte Whitner
Manny Lawson
Justin Blalock
Ryan Harris
Kevin Boss
Jammal Brown
Stephen Cooper
Brandon Siler

DMBcrew36
07-30-2011, 09:18 AM
Hmm sounds like business as usual at OBD. Going after 'what's left' and a staff that struggles to try to get it done.

better days
07-30-2011, 09:25 AM
Hmm sounds like business as usual at OBD. Going after 'what's left' and a staff that struggles to try to get it done.

Well, anyone that thought the Bills would be players for the Big money free agents was dreaming. They tried to get Clabo, but other than him there were no other players available that the Bills wanted to spend big money on.

When all is said & done, I expect the Bills will have signed a few free agents that will help improve the team.

gggbills
07-30-2011, 09:30 AM
Shopping is one thing, buying is another. As of right now the Bills are still eligible for the express checkout line. However, you are correct there is still talent out there, so I am still not going to panic...not yet.

The wallet is full, the cart is empty....buy something!!

DraftBoy
07-30-2011, 09:40 AM
It's on BB.com

What I don't like is him whining about not having enough staff to do their job. Other teams don't seem to have that problem. And he only skimmed the waiver wire and hasn't had a chance to really go through it? Is this not your job at this point?

But what I do like is that he emphasized patience. We took a look at this FA period and saw that good players would still be there after the frenzy died and the spenders spent. Nix basically acknowledged that guys that wanted big money are now calling teams saying make an offer.

There is still talent out there that can help us and the Bills appear to still be shopping.

We may want to get players right off the bat but we may get good deals if we wait.

And... Nix really likes to bring guys in for visits. I think we will start to see guys visit tomorrow or even today.

I just want to let Buddy know, my phone is on and fully charged!

X-Era
07-30-2011, 09:43 AM
I just want to let Buddy know, my phone is on and fully charged!Exactly. **** I'll make phone calls.

Buddo
07-30-2011, 09:49 AM
As to the comment about 'other teams don't seem to have that problem' regarding making signings, well, actually, they do. Smith who we signed, was in a queue to be done after the Jest supposedly got Aso. There are other examples around also, I'm sure.
Think about it. The Bills have done 30 + contracts in the last couple of days. While still also trying to do a deal with Poz, and Clabo. I'm not sure Nix was so much whining, as telling the world how much work those guys have been doing.
FWIW, that would be 19 UDFAs, 9 Draft Picks (under new rules), Thigpen, Smith, Florence and a couple of guys have signed their RFA tenders.

X-Era
07-30-2011, 09:51 AM
As to the comment about 'other teams don't seem to have that problem' regarding making signings, well, actually, they do. Smith who we signed, was in a queue to be done after the Jest supposedly got Aso. There are other examples around also, I'm sure.
Think about it. The Bills have done 30 + contracts in the last couple of days. While still also trying to do a deal with Poz, and Clabo. I'm not sure Nix was so much whining, as telling the world how much work those guys have been doing.
FWIW, that would be 19 UDFAs, 9 Draft Picks (under new rules), Thigpen, Smith, Florence and a couple of guys have signed their RFA tenders.OK. So all the deals are done with the exception of Shepp... Would they be so kind as to go to work on UFA's now?

Buddo
07-30-2011, 10:45 AM
OK. So all the deals are done with the exception of Shepp... Would they be so kind as to go to work on UFA's now?

I'll have a word and see what I can do.

alohabillsfan
07-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Blame Canada, where are you????

Night Train
07-30-2011, 11:22 AM
That wasn't bad. The amount of contracts being done in such a short time must be overwhelming for every team right now. Short staffed ? What, hire temps from Kelly girls ? :D:

I still think we'll see 1-2 more ILB' added within a week. That's the one position that does seem short on bodies, let alone talent. I'd assume Sheppard will be signed this weekend.

Sounds like they have plenty of opportunities to add anywhere, actually. The waiver wires are full of players without a team and agents are desperate to find a taker at any price, as Nix alluded to.

Players must be screaming at their agents to find them a paycheck quickly. Those baby momma's need that scratch. :up:

Ingtar33
07-30-2011, 11:25 AM
It's on BB.com

so he caught up on his sleep again this year?