PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Going After Pack

Mike
07-30-2011, 08:40 PM
After the Eagles last week of Free Agency movement it is clear who they think is their number one threat: The Green Bay Packers. They in 2 Days they Acquired 2 Pro Bowl CB, Asomugha who is a Shutdown corner and DRC is is a natural playmaker. That gives them 3 Pro Bowl CB and to top it all off today they signed Packers DL Cullen Jenkins. its obvious that they are making beating the Pack their top priority! Its common to see this type of reaction in the NBA. Now will they get over that hump and actually win a championship?

As far as the Bills, how is it possible that a Star Studded Team Like the Eagles (or Pats or Jets or Cowboys or Redskins etc) Can afford to get Star Player after Star Player and we can not afford even one Star FA? After all there is a salary cap for everyone so we all spend similar money amounts.

Luisito23
07-30-2011, 08:45 PM
Do you really not know the answer by now?....

Competent front offices.

BillsFever21
07-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Do you really not know the answer by now?....

Competent front offices.

That's what it all boils down to. Also even if there is a salary cap it's not like each team spends the same amount every season when you can spread out the signing bonuses.

If you have a crafty FO then can look ahead they can design the contracts and look down the road to stay under the cap and be able to add or keep key players to their roster. The Bills have the money but just take the cheap route every season.

The Jokeman
07-30-2011, 09:02 PM
I think the new CBA demonstrates the haves and have nots. Teams like Philly and New England have been haves of where our Bills been have nots. I mean the simple example is we get Brad Smith and on the same day the Patriots get Chad Ochocinco/Johnson which a clear example of the descrepency.

DrGraves
07-30-2011, 09:16 PM
The Buffalo Bills: the only team in the league without a star player.

Mr. Pink
07-30-2011, 09:25 PM

We have Garrison Sanborn!

better days
07-30-2011, 10:19 PM
I think the new CBA demonstrates the haves and have nots. Teams like Philly and New England have been haves of where our Bills been have nots. I mean the simple example is we get Brad Smith and on the same day the Patriots get Chad Ochocinco/Johnson which a clear example of the descrepency.

That has nothing to do with the CBA, they both were reasonable money signings.

Thurmal
07-30-2011, 10:34 PM

Stevie Johnson is close. I get Maxim and ESPN Magazine (for next to nothing, btw), and he is interviewed in pretty much every other issue.

Also, we have Geoff Hantgarnter who, last time I checked, is dating Jennifer Aniston and next in line to host SNL.

clumping platelets
07-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Willingness of owner, structure of contracts, willingness to part ways with players who are overpaid/overvalued.

It's not that hard.

Mike
07-30-2011, 11:34 PM

:funny:

RoscoeMagic
07-31-2011, 12:10 AM
Also, we have Geoff Hantgarnter who, last time I checked, is dating Jennifer Aniston and next in line to host SNL.

Is this sarcasm?

CoolBreeze
07-31-2011, 01:44 AM
Is this sarcasm?

It's got to be, why the hell would Aniston date a Bills lineman? lol

Must be the beard!!!:lmao: