Mr Bills
07-30-2011, 09:14 PM
what are the odds he sign with us?

Philagape
07-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Don't get our hopes up again

Mr. Pink
07-30-2011, 09:23 PM
Any chance he signs? Were talks positive?

Blame Canada
07-30-2011, 09:25 PM
I don't live in the area but I am driving out to camP tomorrow and Monday. I should be able to squeeze some info when I can talk to some friends face to face. Will update later

Bmax
07-30-2011, 09:31 PM
HE IS GOING TO DETROIT TOMORROW...better sign him tonight.....

Aero II
07-30-2011, 09:47 PM
it sounds like the Tinoisomoa visit all over again.

I hope it's not the same result.

PromoTheRobot
07-30-2011, 09:53 PM
HE IS GOING TO DETROIT TOMORROW...better sign him tonight.....
I thought he was in DET this afternoon?

PTR

Aero II
07-30-2011, 10:00 PM
It sounds like Detroit is scheduled for Sunday.
http://www.kffl.com/player/6079/nfl/nick-barnett

camelcowboy
07-30-2011, 10:14 PM
It sounds like Detroit is scheduled for Sunday.
http://www.kffl.com/player/6079/nfl/nick-barnett need to make him a offer he can't refuse

Aero II
07-30-2011, 10:19 PM
True. Keep showing interest and don't let him leave.

methos4ever
07-30-2011, 10:35 PM
Barnett just tweeted that he's back in tomorrow presumably to talk to coaches and talk business.....

Note that Lights Out is assisting with the recruiting as well...

http://twitter.com/#!/NickBarnett/status/97510032584880128

NickBarnett NickBarnett
@
@shawnemerriman just was at jojos? I think that was the name.. I'll be back over Tom morning.. How that first day go?

Aero II
07-30-2011, 10:44 PM
"I'll be back over Tom morning.. " sounds better than "headed to the airport.."

X-Era
07-30-2011, 11:34 PM
To me he's a +3 at a minimum... maybe +4... I mean would we consider him a top 10 ILB?

Mr. Miyagi
07-31-2011, 12:03 AM
Barnett isn't anything special.

OpIv37
07-31-2011, 12:13 AM
To me he's a +3 at a minimum... maybe +4... I mean would we consider him a top 10 ILB?

Top 10 in the league or top 10 available FA's?

OpIv37
07-31-2011, 12:15 AM
Barnett isn't anything special.

I don't think that's the point.

The point is that Detroit is an absolute cluster****. They've made some good moves in the past year or two, but they are still the worst organization in the league until they prove otherwise.

If we lose a FA to Detroit, it speaks volumes about the state of this franchise.

Mr. Miyagi
07-31-2011, 12:25 AM
We shouldn't have lost Poz in the first place.

Here is a guy who is a better LB than any of these FAs in the market, has a relationship with us, wants to stay with us, and we still lose him.

How the hell are we expected to attract somebody else to come here?

OpIv37
07-31-2011, 12:29 AM
We shouldn't have lost Poz in the first place.

Here is a guy who is a better LB than any of these FAs in the market, has a relationship with us, wants to stay with us, and we still lose him.

How the hell are we expected to attract somebody else to come here?

Well, I disagree that Poz is better than any of the other FA's in the market. And from a talent standpoint, I don't care that he's gone

But regardless of my personal opinion on Poz, I do agree that it's a really bad sign that our FO stated that they wanted to re-sign one of our own, and couldn't even get that done.

Mr Bills
07-31-2011, 02:18 AM
The only reason i see him picking Bills over Lions is because of his preference to play in the 3 - 4.

BuffaloBlitz83
07-31-2011, 02:48 AM
OP, Regardless of past. The Lions are building something special around Suh

Dujek
07-31-2011, 03:52 AM
Barnett's a solid 3-4 ILB. He fills a need and hopefully would allow us to move Moats back outside.

Of course because it makes sense it won't happen.

Night Train
07-31-2011, 06:06 AM
Well, I disagree that Poz is better than any of the other FA's in the market. And from a talent standpoint, I don't care that he's gone

But regardless of my personal opinion on Poz, I do agree that it's a really bad sign that our FO stated that they wanted to re-sign one of our own, and couldn't even get that done.

Re-signing him for 6 years, 45 Mil plus like the Jags did would have been insane. I'm glad they couldn't "get that done".

No other team in their right mind would have offered that and I'm sure the bills were stunned to hear of that offer. I would have done the same thing. Laughed like hell at the Jags and respond " he's yours ".

YardRat
07-31-2011, 06:10 AM

Hell, that's run-of-the-mill everyday GM-speak that every team is guilty of. Not a big deal IMO, and the players themselves know that.

Not much left out there at LB that would be considered an upgrade talent-wise, but if we could get a guy for the inside that was POS-average but better at calling the shots it would still be a plus.

Did Barnett run the D in Green Bay (when he was on the field, anyway)?

Buddo
07-31-2011, 06:23 AM
Hell, that's run-of-the-mill everyday GM-speak that every team is guilty of. Not a big deal IMO, and the players themselves know that.

Not much left out there at LB that would be considered an upgrade talent-wise, but if we could get a guy for the inside that was POS-average but better at calling the shots it would still be a plus.

Did Barnett run the D in Green Bay (when he was on the field, anyway)?

Until he got crocked, Davis was the guy calling the shots last year. Probably will do the same this year tbh. Barnett or Crowder alongside him, wouldn't be so bad, imho.
At least Crowder is pretty decent against the run, and likes to hit people. If healthy, Barnett is probably better all round, but both being 3-4 guys, it's quite possible they can do better for us than Poz anyway.

X-Era
07-31-2011, 07:37 AM
Merriman's wants to hear form the fans on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/#!/shawnemerriman/status/97640051965558784

"#Bills (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Bills) fans let @NickBarnett (http://twitter.com/NickBarnett) know how much he's wanted here he's in the building"

Night Train
07-31-2011, 07:54 AM
Barnett be a Merriman type gamble in that he's got a recent injury history that other teams may be wary of.

Knee injury in 2008. Wrist injury last year, playing in only 4 games. He's 30 and the Bills should really check him out this morning at the scheduled physical. He's also playing around 235lb.'s, despite being listed at 240.

His leadership alone and the fact he wears a ring could be reason enough to sign him but lets see. Can't put blinders on and view him the way you wish to see him over what he actually is.

I'm hoping he checks out.

better days
07-31-2011, 08:02 AM
Barnett be a Merriman type gamble in that he's got a recent injury history that other teams may be wary of.

Knee injury in 2008. Wrist injury last year, playing in only 4 games. He's 30 and the Bills should really check him out this morning at the scheduled physical. He's also playing around 235lb.'s, despite being listed at 240.

His leadership alone and the fact he wears a ring could be reason enough to sign him but lets see. Can't put blinders on and view him the way you wish to see him over what he actually is.

I'm hoping he checks out.

Well, Poz has an injury history as well. Everyone complaining about the Jags signing him will be laughing at the Jags when Poz goes down again. I don't think it is a question of if but when.

X-Era
07-31-2011, 08:02 AM

I'm hoping he checks out.When healthy, would you put him as a top 10 ILB in the league? Or just a solid starter.

wmoz11
07-31-2011, 08:08 AM
When healthy, would you put him as a top 10 ILB in the league? Or just a solid starter.
He was, but he's not anymore. That being said, signing him make me instantly feel a LOT better about our linebackers. I really hope we get him.

At very least, he's a solid starter. Would be a nice pick up.

X-Era
07-31-2011, 08:09 AM
He was, but he's not anymore. That being said, signing him make me instantly feel a LOT better about our linebackers. I really hope we get him.

At very least, he's a solid starter. Would be a nice pick up.Upgrade to Poz?

wmoz11
07-31-2011, 08:10 AM
I don't think so, but you know me :) Very close, though. For a year or two anyway.

wmoz11
07-31-2011, 08:14 AM
Lions just signed Tulloch. Should be great news for us re: Barnett. Get this done!!!

Bangarang
07-31-2011, 08:20 AM
Barnett had a knee injury but came back the next year and recorded over 100 tackles and 3.5 sacks. Not worried about the knee.

Last year he had a wrist injury and hasn't played since so it'd be tough to judge where's he at in terms of that injury. If he's cleared by doctors then I'm not concerned.

T-Long
07-31-2011, 08:30 AM
Tulloch signed with the Lions....so now wouldn't the Bills be his best option at this point?

wmoz11
07-31-2011, 08:33 AM
Would think so, T-Long. Talk about a stabilizing veteran. Would be great for Moats, Batten, etc. Really want us to get this done.

X-Era
07-31-2011, 08:35 AM
Tulloch signed with the Lions....so now wouldn't the Bills be his best option at this point?I would think so.

TedMock
07-31-2011, 08:40 AM
Overall, I don't see this being a bad signing, depending on the contract size and structure. It's by no means a blockbuster transaction, but the guy is a quality veteran starter who is better than what we have. He also comes from a quality organization and has been around, so the hope is good veteran leadership also comes to a pretty young team. I don't think signing him means not signing somebody else either. If healthy, he could be an overall improvment. If it doesn't pan out, I don't see it as a huge whiff either. He's the type of player a lot of teams bring in with little risk - again, depending on contract. I would be happy initially if we land him, but not overjoyed and I think we just have to be realistic about what he is.

Bangarang
07-31-2011, 09:17 AM
Looks like we may have got him. Barnett has cancelled his trip to Detroit.

X-Era
07-31-2011, 09:32 AM
Looks like we may have got him. Barnett has cancelled his trip to Detroit.That's one way to read it. The other is that the Lions signed Tulloch.

T-Long
07-31-2011, 09:34 AM
Could you imagine if Merriman and Barnett both have comeback years this year? Our LB core just went from "eh" to possible stardem. Of course, you have to remain cautious, but at this point, what is there to lose?

wmoz11
07-31-2011, 09:52 AM
LB coach Dave Wannstedt & free agent visitor LB Nick Barnett are talking on the field during the Bills walk-thru this morning.

http://twitter.com/buffalobills

Luisito23
07-31-2011, 09:57 AM
He'll sign here...Decent pick up, not spectacular, but pretty decent...Now let's hope he stays healthy.

Extremebillsfan247
07-31-2011, 10:20 AM
Could you imagine if Merriman and Barnett both have comeback years this year? Our LB core just went from "eh" to possible stardem. Of course, you have to remain cautious, but at this point, what is there to lose?Imagine being in Kelvin Sheppard's shoes having 2 vets like that to learn from? That alone should be reason enough to sign this guy. A solid veteran pickup if we can get him. JMO

X-Era
07-31-2011, 10:49 AM
Bills are apparently negotiating with him:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/15379785

YardRat
07-31-2011, 10:52 AM
It'll be done before the day is over.

X-Era
07-31-2011, 10:56 AM
It'll be done before the day is over.I really think so too.

DraftBoy
07-31-2011, 11:00 AM
Needs to be only a 2-3 year contract, front loaded to protect ourselves.

We still have some young prospects and you don't want to stunt them by locking in an older vet for 4-5 years.

Overall I like the signing, he can call the defense and lead this defense. Can he stay healthy though?

Only 29 of 48 games the last three years, some say he needs to be move outside to stay healthier.

YardRat
07-31-2011, 11:10 AM
Needs to be only a 2-3 year contract, front loaded to protect ourselves.

We still have some young prospects and you don't want to stunt them by locking in an older vet for 4-5 years.

Overall I like the signing, he can call the defense and lead this defense. Can he stay healthy though?

Only 29 of 48 games the last three years, some say he needs to be move outside to stay healthier.

That's all I'm looking for.

Merriman-Barnett-Sheppard-Moats with Davis/Kelsay/Batten as back-ups.

Maybe 1 (Coleman?) or 2 (Maybin or White) more if they keep more than 7. They won't keep 9, though, unless somebody really makes an impression on ST's and they manage to push a CB, S, or WR off of a roster spot.

Luisito23
07-31-2011, 11:10 AM
some say he needs to be move outside to stay healthier.

If he needs to move outside, inside, left side, right side, I don't care, as long as he stays healthy.

X-Era
07-31-2011, 11:12 AM
That's all I'm looking for.

Merriman-Barnett-Sheppard-Moats with Davis/Kelsay/Batten as back-ups.

Maybe 1 (Coleman?) or 2 (Maybin or White) more if they keep more than 7. They won't keep 9, though, unless somebody really makes an impression on ST's and they manage to push a CB, S, or WR off of a roster spot.I'm totally good with this. But, I wouldn't mind Lofa to replace Davis as the other starter so that we are not forced to start Shepp right away. But again, I'm good if it's just Barnett.

X-Era
07-31-2011, 11:18 AM
"Barnett watched morning walk-through. Leaving field, said with a smile to Nix: "You on the phone?" Went to locker room with players. #Bills" (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Bills)

http://twitter.com/#!/MarkLud12/status/97701685052456960

wmoz11
07-31-2011, 11:18 AM
Barnett watched morning walk-through. Leaving field, said with a smile to Nix: "You on the phone?" Went to locker room with players. #Bills (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Bills)

http://twitter.com/MarkLud12

Sounds like this will get done. Two-day visit and seems like he wants to be here. Man, what a nice lift this would be for our LBs. Both on the field and as a vet presence.

CuseJetsFan83
07-31-2011, 11:30 AM
SaviorEdwards (http://twitter.com/#%21/SaviorEdwards) Savior Edwards by shelby_Billsfan

Source: Nick Barnett agrees to terms with Bills. Finally some good news for Bills fans. Hearing it might only be a one year deal though.

wmoz11
07-31-2011, 11:31 AM
SaviorEdwards hahaha

Not that you would/should know, Cuse, but dude is one of the biggest trolls in Buffalo Bills MB history. And that's saying something.

CuseJetsFan83
07-31-2011, 11:32 AM
SaviorEdwards hahaha

Not that you would/should know, Cuse, but dude is one of the biggest trolls in Buffalo Bills MB history. And that's saying something.
actually just retweeting a retweet.... but everything i've seen has been ranging from 1-3 years for barnett which would be a good move for y'all

i won't honestly believe any signing until the team itself reveals it.... but waiting for a "reputable" source to at least say scratch him off the FA list

hydro
07-31-2011, 11:41 AM
SaviorEdwards (http://twitter.com/#%21/SaviorEdwards) Savior Edwards by shelby_Billsfan

Source: Nick Barnett agrees to terms with Bills. Finally some good news for Bills fans. Hearing it might only be a one year deal though.

Did Shelby serious retweet this? :shakeno:

Extremebillsfan247
07-31-2011, 12:02 PM
It's all up to the Bills front office now. Currently in negotiation process with his Agent, Chuck Price.

better days
07-31-2011, 12:08 PM
It's all up to the Bills front office now. Currently in negotiation process with his Agent, Chuck Price.

Git er done Buddy. I would be happier with Barnett than Poz myself.

methos4ever
07-31-2011, 01:23 PM
If he's signed - I'd consider Tatupu as well.

HOWEVER, bear in mind Lofa has DUI's and is one bad Chippewa incident away from major suspension. What say you all?

Philagape
07-31-2011, 01:26 PM
Tatupu has too many red flags. Assuming he signs, Barnett would man one ILB spot, and Sheppard would develop in the other.

WillsFromThaU21
07-31-2011, 01:30 PM
has anyone checked out the sheppard video where it shows barnett on BB.com? anyone think barnett looked real small?

CAbills
07-31-2011, 01:31 PM
Nick Barnett saying he is still a Free Agent. So obviously those "reports" are untrue but I think we all assumed that.

tampabay25690
07-31-2011, 01:40 PM
has anyone checked out the sheppard video where it shows barnett on BB.com? anyone think barnett looked real small?

Barnett is only in the 235 range if Im correct.
Shepperd is in the 250-255 range

CAbills
07-31-2011, 01:42 PM
NickBarnett: You bills fans are great here on twitter.. How bout in the stadium?

Tweet away

methos4ever
07-31-2011, 01:52 PM
Barnett's a Bill:

http://twitter.com/#!/NickBarnett/status/97741258537172992

God has blessed me once again to be part of a great organization.. Great coaches, Great staff, Great players and more importantly great fans

Philagape
07-31-2011, 02:04 PM
Nice signing. Even if he doesn't stay healthy, he brings invaluable championship experience and leadership for the young'ins. If he does stay healthy, it's an upgrade over Poz.
I didn't want anyone over 30, and he's just in under the wire.

Thanks Buddy for waking up from your nap :up:

Philagape
07-31-2011, 02:11 PM
The Buffalo Bills and former Packers LB Nick Barnett reached agreement on a three-year, $12 million deal including $6 million gtd.

CuseJetsFan83
08-01-2011, 01:52 AM
i really like this signing as a fan of football in general, not just a team in my division.

i really like barnett (pending he is healthy)
he has exactly what the bills are looking for... and god forbid him and shawne merriman stay healthy... maybe take out marcia, and i'd be cool with that :)