PDA

View Full Version : Wearing Bills Garb Pays Off

ParanoidAndroid
07-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Fun story to share....

I went to Jiffy Lube today (hopefully for the last time since I recently bought a home and can now change my own oil in my shiny new driveway). :dance:
The guy at the entrance asked me what I wanted, and I said "regular oil change." I proceded to the waiting area and brought my new copy of "Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" and read. They called me back out to check what I wanted for oil as they always do, and as I told him, I patted my back pocket to make sure I had my wallet. NOPE! I forgot my friggin' wallet!
I told the guy and he tried to stop them from draining my oil, but it was already done. He said, "You better see the manager." I did. He was an intimidatingly large black dude and he looked perturbed but he decided to be nice, which doesn't happen often here in DC.
He said, in a not so pleasant tone, that he'd finish the service and I could come back any time before 5:00 to take care of it. So I waited and he called me when it was done.
As I was leaving, he said, "The only reason I'm doing this is because you're wearing that Bills' hat. I figure if you're honest enough to wear that, you're honest enough to come back and pay."

whkfc
07-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Lol

BillsFever21
07-30-2011, 10:08 PM
That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. That just shows how pathetic this organization is viewed from the outside of people who aren't Bills fans.

better days
07-30-2011, 10:15 PM
Too Funny.

Mindbender
07-30-2011, 11:15 PM
haha, nice.

ParanoidAndroid
07-30-2011, 11:44 PM
I wear that hat everywhere.... I love the sympathy I get. Football fans want to see the Bills turn it around.... even Redskins fans.

X-Era
07-30-2011, 11:48 PM
You stiffed em right?

BlackMetalNinja
07-31-2011, 07:16 AM
You stiffed em right?Of course he did, that's the other thing the Bills are known for, falling short of people's expectations!

ParanoidAndroid
07-31-2011, 08:32 AM
You stiffed em right?

Haha! It crossed my mind, but my conscience wouldn't let me.

jamze132
08-01-2011, 08:06 AM
I got a free tire rotation back in the late 90s near Nashville from a fellow Bills fan after the Music City Crapfest.

wmoz11
08-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Went in to get my headlights replaced and some other little things a few months ago and the guy came back into the waiting area after seeing my front license plate and said, "are you really a Bills fan?"... slightly laughing and slightly shocked.

I said yes and he told me he was going to make my day. He goes in back and brings out a huge Bills tailgating flag that someone had left years ago.

BillsWin
08-01-2011, 08:48 AM
A guy at a bar in Dallas (displaced Bills fan) bought my entire bar tab, including the people's I was with, because I was wearing my favorite Bills watch. The tab was like $120.

Ginger Vitis
08-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Thats awesome Andy..last year when the Bills were 0-6 I wore a Bills TShirt to the gym and some guy starts busting my balls about it and brings up the 4 Super Bowls blah blah blah.. I should have asked the dumbass what his favourite team is

better days
08-01-2011, 12:15 PM
A guy at a bar in Dallas (displaced Bills fan) bought my entire bar tab, including the people's I was with, because I was wearing my favorite Bills watch. The tab was like $120.

I doubt anyone can match that for a pay off. BillsWin, You Win.