PDA

View Full Version : What players to target next?

mjt328
07-31-2011, 03:19 PM
It took a couple days, but the Bills finally made a decent signing with Nick Barnett. And looking out there, quite a few impact players remain on the market.

Matt Roth, OLB - I've been saying for weeks that he would be huge in upgrading our pass rush. Nobody knows what to expect from Merriman. Kelsay is a bum. Moats is still developing and might never become starting caliber.

Manny Lawson, OLB - See above. He's not quite as good as Roth, but he'd be a nice addition.

Ty Warren, DE - We are set at nose tackle with Kyle Williams and one of the end spots with Dareus. But I would love to upgrade the other side and Warren still should have a bunch left in the tank. Dwan Edwards would be solid in a rotation, and Carrington could continue to develop.

Zach Miller, TE - Don't tell me the Bills couldn't use this guy on offense.

Kevin Boss, TE - A cheaper option to Miller, adding a pass catching threat to our team.

Jammal Brown/Jared Gaither, OT - Both are big injury risks, but we have to add some bodies to our line, especially at tackle. Both are experienced enough to play left or right side.

X-Era
07-31-2011, 03:23 PM
Nick Kaczur
Matt Light
Owen Daniels
Bo Scaife
Lofa Tatupu
Leonard Davis
Cliff Avril

mjt328
07-31-2011, 03:28 PM
Daniels was re-signed by the Texans earlier this year. I think a lot of sites still have him listed.

But yeah... he would have been a nice one to target too.

ddaryl
07-31-2011, 03:37 PM
we will not be bringing in another ILB IMO. We drafted White Batten and Sheppard...

Not sure about the OLB's out there..

Not many RT's on the this side of 30 worth pursuing that would give us the significant upgrade we want.

TE this is a head scratcher that it isn't being pursued as of yet... but we need a solid TE than can block and catch passes. Kevin Boss would be a good addition.

W1DER1GHT
07-31-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm pretty sure Miller resigned in Oakland today

YardRat
07-31-2011, 03:41 PM
I would like Boss myself.

I still think we need a TE and OT, but unless somebody pops up unexpectedly we may be done shopping. For some reason these guys like the players we have at T and TE and might be satisfied.

I don't see a TE on the list, but if we do go after somebody else IMO it'll be a guy for RT.

better days
07-31-2011, 03:46 PM
I would like Boss myself.

I still think we need a TE and OT, but unless somebody pops up unexpectedly we may be done shopping. For some reason these guys like the players we have at T and TE and might be satisfied.

I don't see a TE on the list, but if we do go after somebody else IMO it'll be a guy for RT.

I agree, RT is the one position that screams for an upgrade. I did hear Chan say "You hate the word potential, but if these guys continue to work & learn, they have the potential to be a very good line."

I used to hate listening to Jauron, but I could listen to Chan & Buddy all day long.

Mad Bomber
07-31-2011, 04:22 PM
I used to hate listening to Jauron, but I could listen to Chan & Buddy all day long.
Jauron: "Ummmmm.....I have no idea what the f**k is going on around here, but I'll do what I can with the personnel that I think are the best (WTF are they????)

NorthCarBills
07-31-2011, 04:25 PM
I agree, RT is the one position that screams for an upgrade. I did hear Chan say "You hate the word potential, but if these guys continue to work & learn, they have the potential to be a very good line."

TE or RT would make the offseason a bit more complete.

I'm gonna call Jauron and ask if he's gone back to look at the tape on any of them.

mikemac2001
07-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Can cross trent edwards off ur lists

better days
07-31-2011, 04:32 PM
Jauron: "Ummmmm.....I have no idea what the f**k is going on around here, but I'll do what I can with the personnel that I think are the best (WTF are they????)

After I look at the tape tomorrow.

better days
07-31-2011, 04:40 PM
TE or RT would make the offseason a bit more complete.

I'm gonna call Jauron and ask if he's gone back to look at the tape on any of them.

I was typing a reply to madbombers post when you posted this. Great minds think alike.

justabillsfan
07-31-2011, 07:05 PM
I want Ryan Harris

tampabay25690
07-31-2011, 07:13 PM
I want Ryan Harris

ME 2

X-Era
07-31-2011, 07:26 PM
Jammal Brown and Brandon Siler agreed with teams today.

Night Train
07-31-2011, 07:27 PM
OT may be dried up for now but cuts will come again in August, don't forget. I don't want any injury plagued "name" guys from the past who currently can't practice or pass physicals. If that's all that's showing now, just wait a few weeks.

If Shawn Nelson is viewed as healthy and the massive Chandler can block well, the Bills won't add anyone at TE.

jimbohastle51
08-01-2011, 04:49 AM
gaither, scaife

Mr. Pink
08-01-2011, 04:59 AM
OT and OLB would be nice. Tight End ain't gonna happen.

X-Era
08-01-2011, 06:18 AM
Matt Light re-sign with the Pats

DraftBoy
08-01-2011, 07:30 AM
Boys...we may be done.

tampabay25690
08-01-2011, 07:33 AM
Boys...we may be done.

I think we are.....Agree 100%

Jaybird
08-01-2011, 07:36 AM
I don't think we're done, but the next signing will be more depth then anything

psubills62
08-01-2011, 09:02 AM
I think we may be done as well. If we were still active, then I'd want Gaither, Roth, and Boss to be signed - preference in that order.

justabillsfan
08-01-2011, 10:57 AM
I still think we look @ a rt