PDA

View Full Version : New deal with Titans has Fisher delighted

Gunzlingr
06-25-2003, 07:56 AM
Titans owner Bud Adams consistently said he valued Coach Jeff Fisher highly. Now Adams is showing Fisher just how much.

After weeks of quiet negotiations, most involving only Adams and Fisher, the two have agreed to terms on a contract extension for the coach through the 2006 season.

''Yes, I'm thankful Mr. Adams has given me the opportunity to be one of the longest-tenured coaches in the league,'' Fisher said. ''I have a great deal of loyalty for this organization and he's been very supportive of me.

''I think United Van Lines is a great company but I think I have a vested interest in making sure I don't have to deal with them personally.''

Adams said he considered 2003 the last year of Fisher's previous deal. There were a series of complicated clauses in that contract which could have let either side out of the deal or add 2004 to the deal, but Adams said he didn't want it to come to that.

''The contract is between me and Jeff Fisher and I don't want to say any more other than I'm very happy Jeff will be around a long, long time with the Titans,'' Adams said last night.

more (http://www.tennessean.com/sports/titans/archives/03/06/34907495.shtml?Element_ID=34907495)

MCMiracleGirl
06-25-2003, 01:08 PM
Woohoo!! I'm happy about this too!!!