PDA

View Full Version : will andra davis even make the team?

NOT THE DUDE...
07-31-2011, 05:07 PM
will be 33, coming off a serious injury, cant see him beating out the thumper kelvin sheppard. and since torbor is only 30 and can play all lb spots, i dont see any room for davis... especially with moats inside now. this is how i see our lbs

merriman/maybin
barnett/ torbor/ white
sheppard/ moats/
kelsay/batten

thats 9... at most they will keep 5 ilb. most 34 teams do. dont see a spot for him. i think he will be the last cut.

Bangarang
07-31-2011, 05:19 PM
Davis is better than Torbor. So yes, I think he'll make it. And I hope Kelsay doesn't start.

scartown
07-31-2011, 05:20 PM
Yes he will. No question about it.

NOT THE DUDE...
07-31-2011, 05:23 PM
Davis is better than Torbor. So yes, I think he'll make it. And I hope Kelsay doesn't start.

but assume shepp is better, they are not going to keep a one trick pony and cut torbor who is younger and can play all 4 spots... aint happening.

John Doe
07-31-2011, 05:23 PM
Add Antonio Coleman to the mix at outside linebacker - he may outlast Maybin.

YardRat
07-31-2011, 05:24 PM
I don't see Moats staying on the inside, and I don't see us keeping 9 LBers either. IMO Davis makes the team unless he gets hurt again.

NOT THE DUDE...
07-31-2011, 05:25 PM

i got maybin as the backup jack because he shows the occasional speed rush getting around the corner. i think that alone will help him, especially with williams and dareus killing it inside!

Bangarang
07-31-2011, 05:25 PM
but assume shepp is better, they are not going to keep a one trick pony and cut torbor who is younger and can play all 4 spots... aint happening.

You assume too many things.

justabillsfan
07-31-2011, 05:41 PM
Davis will make the team, moats will be playing outside. Maybe not during the preseason but will go over there after kelsay screws it up

better days
07-31-2011, 05:46 PM

I heard Chan say he has told Maybin that unless he starts, he better shine on special teams.

justasportsfan
07-31-2011, 06:14 PM
Davis will make the team. He's been very accommodating for the young players.

NOT THE DUDE...
07-31-2011, 06:25 PM
Davis will make the team. He's been very accommodating for the young players.

he will make the team if he beats out shepp. i doubt this will happen. just because someone is nice doesnt mean anything, nfl, not for long....

YardRat
07-31-2011, 07:07 PM
He isn't beating out Shep, but he'll make the team before Torbor and White.

tampabay25690
07-31-2011, 07:11 PM
I think Davis stays....

camelcowboy
07-31-2011, 07:24 PM
Are we jumping the gun with shep a little?

elltrain22
07-31-2011, 07:28 PM
If we kept Maybin, and got rid of Andra Davis, I'd be really p** off!! Davis is a solid guy, and a very hard worker. Hell yeah he makes the team

Extremebillsfan247
08-01-2011, 08:13 AM
will be 33, coming off a serious injury, cant see him beating out the thumper kelvin sheppard. and since torbor is only 30 and can play all lb spots, i dont see any room for davis... especially with moats inside now. this is how i see our lbs

merriman/maybin
barnett/ torbor/ white
sheppard/ moats/
kelsay/batten

thats 9... at most they will keep 5 ilb. most 34 teams do. dont see a spot for him. i think he will be the last cut.The short answer is yes, he will make the team. White however doesn't have a prayer. Maybin could be on the bubble. I think those 2 are likely to go before Davis. JMO

mysticsoto
08-01-2011, 08:21 AM
I don't see Moats staying on the inside, and I don't see us keeping 9 LBers either. IMO Davis makes the team unless he gets hurt again.

Agreed. I'd swap Moats and Batten...

better days
08-01-2011, 08:38 AM
he will make the team if he beats out shepp. i doubt this will happen. just because someone is nice doesnt mean anything, nfl, not for long....

Every team needs a few seasoned vets to show the kids how it's done in the NFL. Locker room guys to show the younger guys how to practice, watch film, etc. I know Hardy Nickerson remained a Buc for his leadership skills alone.

Bucs stars such as Derrick Brooks have credited Nickerson with showing him how to be a pro in the NFL.

superbills
08-01-2011, 08:42 AM
For the love of all things not related to Dick Jauron...WE NEED TO KEEP MOATS ON THE OUTSIDE! If not, you have a SERIOUS hole on the outside with Kelsay and Batten out there!

NOT THE DUDE...
08-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Every team needs a few seasoned vets to show the kids how it's done in the NFL. Locker room guys to show the younger guys how to practice, watch film, etc. I know Hardy Nickerson remained a Buc for his leadership skills alone.

Bucs stars such as Derrick Brooks have credited Nickerson with showing him how to be a pro in the NFL.

sorry man thats not my style or philosophy. i want young thugs who dont respect **** and want to take your job. e.g. 92 dallas cowboys. they played with rookies right away because they were good. play the better players!!!!

justasportsfan
08-01-2011, 03:07 PM
I wasn' talking about him being nice. Davis was doing well prior to his injury. Even if Shep beats him out which I doubt he will this year, Davis would be valuable depth.

Beebe's Kid
08-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Reggie Torbor is not human, and he will destroy all that gets in his way. To say Davis is better than Torbor may be the worst thing that ever happened to Davis.

billz83
08-02-2011, 01:21 PM
how could u cut davis when u got bums like kelsay and maybin and torbor still on the roster?!?! the absolute first 2 people to be cut should be maybin and kelsay!

better days
08-02-2011, 01:38 PM
sorry man thats not my style or philosophy. i want young thugs who dont respect **** and want to take your job. e.g. 92 dallas cowboys. they played with rookies right away because they were good. play the better players!!!!

By 1992, that was a veteran team. In 1989 when they were young, they went 1-15. I have heard Aikman called gay before, but this is the first time I have heard him called a thug.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-02-2011, 03:20 PM
By 1992, that was a veteran team. In 1989 when they were young, they went 1-15. I have heard Aikman called gay before, but this is the first time I have heard him called a thug.

im talking about gant, norton, jones, edwards, jimmie jones, maryland, tolbert, lett, k smith, woodson. they were all very young dude. it was not a veteran team..