• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

PFF: Barnett better for Bills than Poz

14:59 SIGNING! And another player reveals his signing with a tweet. Nick Barnett didn’t leave anyone in any doubt with a ‘gobills’ tweet, and it’s been confirmed he’s signed on with Buffalo. Presuming Barnett is healthy, the Bills have just made the perfect signing for them. If they mess around with their defensive fronts like they did last year, Barnett can play in both. And he can play exceptionally well. In 2009 he was our number two ranked 3-4 inside linebacker. Does everything you’d want from that spot, attacks the run and can handle dropping into coverage. He’s a better player for the Bills than Paul Posluszny.
    LINK
    I am The Batman.
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: PFF: Barnett better for Bills than Poz

Not only better on the field, but also brings a championship pedigree. The youngsters can learn a lot from him, even if he gets hurt.
    Kevin Burnett would have been younger and lower risk, but Barnett is a better get if he stays healthy.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

He fits our scheme better. I suspect he is quicker then Poz. Has some playoff/vet experience, and it won't hurt having guys like Dareus, Williams, Edwards, and Troup in front of him... ...

Comment

• methos4ever
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Philagape
        Not only better on the field, but also brings a championship pedigree. The youngsters can learn a lot from him, even if he gets hurt.
        Kevin Burnett would have been younger and lower risk, but Barnett is a better get if he stays healthy.
        While Burnett would have been a good get as well, consider that he spent several average years in the Cowboys 3-4, then blossomed in the Chargers, most notably in the final year of his contract. So he would have been (to me) a bit of a risk as well, as far as duplicating last year's heroic stats...

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

He'll go into the hole and make the tackle near the LOS, unlike Poz.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

He’s a better player for the Bills than Paul Posluszny.
            There's more than a few guys you say that about.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Don't Panic
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Dec 2005

Wow... not so gloomy around here today. A welcomed change. This move, regardless of what happens to Whitner, makes our defense significantly better when you also consider our draft additions. If Merriman can get even close to form we could be quite scary... top 10 even.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

Good signing/ The only issue is his injury history, but even if he gets hurt halfway through the season, it buys time for the Bills' youngsters to develop and get aclimated to the pros.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

1 minute ago - by Mark Ludwiczak - Nix finally gets his man
                  GM Buddy Nix is thrilled to finally land LB Nick Barnett. Nix wanted to draft Barnett out of college when he was San Diego's assistant general manager in 2003, but the Packers chose the LB one pick ahead of the Chargers at 29th overall. "It took eight years, but we did get him," Nix said. Bills RapidReports
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TigerJ
                    Good signing/ The only issue is his injury history, but even if he gets hurt halfway through the season, it buys time for the Bills' youngsters to develop and get aclimated to the pros.
                    It's not like Poz was some ironman. And he's 5 years younger.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                      • Feb 2004

The funny thing is the LB market was pretty bad if you ask me.
                      I think The Bills made ot the best especially in the $$$ aspect.
                      Poz was the only guy that was paid and would u call him a TOP LB in this league. Jax grossly overpaid.
                      I think we got a bargin for barnett and a better player if healthy....

I still think JAX blew there load to fast and signed POZ to that RIDICULOUS amt of $$$$$.................IMO
                      GO Gators!!!!!!
                      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
                        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
                        It's not like Poz was some ironman. And he's 5 years younger.

That's an understatement. Poz should have "FRAGILE" tattooed across that China plate arm of his.

Comment

• EDS
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by ChristopherWalken
                          That's an understatement. Poz should have "FRAGILE" tattooed across that China plate arm of his.
                          Careful. Poz has played more games the past three seasons than Barnett. I am confident Barnett will be a huge upgrade in coverage, something the Bills desperately needed.

I do questions the decision to plug holes with 30-something players. I guess Nix just wants temporary starters until his draft picks can play.

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by EDS
                            Careful. Poz has played more games the past three seasons than Barnett. I am confident Barnett will be a huge upgrade in coverage, something the Bills desperately needed.

I do questions the decision to plug holes with 30-something players. I guess Nix just wants temporary starters until his draft picks can play.
                            Agree completely on these points. People seriously overstate Poz's lack of health. Barnett will be an upgrade, but solely because we run a 3-4. Poz was becoming a force in the 4-3, but was obviously not in the 3-4.

I can see Barnett starting this year, then providing good depth the next two years behind Sheppard. Not sure where that puts Chris White, though I'm not horribly worried about a 6th rounder.
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• EDS
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by psubills62
                              Agree completely on these points. People seriously overstate Poz's lack of health. Barnett will be an upgrade, but solely because we run a 3-4. Poz was becoming a force in the 4-3, but was obviously not in the 3-4.

I can see Barnett starting this year, then providing good depth the next two years behind Sheppard. Not sure where that puts Chris White, though I'm not horribly worried about a 6th rounder.
                              Chances are at least one of Davis or Barnett go down this season so Sheppard, who I presume will be the top back-up, should see plenty of time this season. He should take over for Davis full time by the end of the year or next season at the latest. Barnett's replacement is likely not yet on the team.

The issue here is that the ILB position is only temporarily filled and will require further draft resources in the next year or two.

It is odd to have 4 30+ linebackers on a rebuilding team like the Bills. I guess they have 4 30+ defensive backs too though, so we can expect alot of turnover in the next two or three years.

Comment

Working...
                              X