PDA

View Full Version : BBD: Sleeping Seniors Big 10 Leaders Division

DraftBoy
08-01-2011, 11:54 AM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2011/08/sleeping-seniors-big-ten-leaders-division/

As we continue this series we move into the Big 10 and take a look at the new Leaders Division. The Big 10 is known for its powerful based football and it shows in this article as 5 of the 9 sleepers listed below are lineman. So find out who may be sleeping this year in the Big 10, well other than JoePa.

psubills62
08-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Good job. I saw your tweet saying Illinois and PSU had a good number of these sleeping seniors and I was scratching my head trying to figure out which guys qualified at PSU.

Crawford and Troutman really need to do well this year, among others, for PSU to take advantage of OSU being "down."

DraftBoy
08-02-2011, 06:51 AM
Yea I think Lynn is the best of the trio as of now. If Trautman could drop a few pounds of fat and replace it with muscle in his arms, he could be much better.

k-oneputt
08-02-2011, 08:23 AM
I agree. I liked D'Anton Lynn. He will play in the NFL.

psubills62
08-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Two deep, deep sleepers to keep an eye on at PSU would be OLB Nate Stupar and RT Chima Okoli. Stupar is a pretty good blitzer and I think he could fit in the 3-4, and Okoli is a converted DT who didn't do that well last year, but he's very new to being an offensive tackle.

psubills62
09-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Doesn't look good for D'Anton Lynn. Seems to be a bad injury, let's hope he'll be OK.

DraftBoy
09-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Doesn't look good for D'Anton Lynn. Seems to be a bad injury, let's hope he'll be OK.

Yea and I hear Mautui also is out for the season?

psubills62
09-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Yea and I hear Mautui also is out for the season?
Yep, tore the ACL in his left knee. Previous ACL tear was in his right. Have to think he's going to lose a lot when coming back, won't be the same player again. Big losses for the D.

Lynn was discharged from the hospital around 5:30 p.m. today.

DraftBoy
09-25-2011, 08:56 AM
Yep, tore the ACL in his left knee. Previous ACL tear was in his right. Have to think he's going to lose a lot when coming back, won't be the same player again. Big losses for the D.

Lynn was discharged from the hospital around 5:30 p.m. today.

Two ACL tears in each knee will plummet his draft stock.

psubills62
10-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Two ACL tears in each knee will plummet his draft stock.
Apparently surgery went well. It was a clean ACL tear, no damage, so he should be back for next year. About as good news as he can get considering everything.