PDA

View Full Version : Anyone follow Coach Sal on Twitter?

Ginger Vitis
08-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Can someone confirm he is joining WGR?

TedMock
08-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Last I saw, he did indeed announce that he was joining WGR. I have not seen what days and times though.

Ginger Vitis
08-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Last I saw, he did indeed announce that he was joining WGR. I have not seen what days and times though.

Thanks..WGR needs new fresh blood.. Congrats S al!!!!

better days
08-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Great news for him. I will miss his podcasts though.

THATHURMANATOR
08-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Hopefully for Stupid Schopp and Bulldog.

Luisito23
08-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Sal will be a welcome addition there...I'm tired of the idiots that they have now, especially Bulldog.

Maximilli
08-01-2011, 12:31 PM
i live in florida is there any tv show or radio station i can listen to get bills news

Mski
08-01-2011, 12:32 PM
download the WGR app for your phone

Extremebillsfan247
08-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Can someone confirm he is joining WGR?Yes, he is joining WGR550.

Mski
08-01-2011, 12:33 PM
whats his handle on twitter?

Extremebillsfan247
08-01-2011, 12:37 PM
whats his handle on twitter?@SalSports (http://twitter.com/#%21/SalSports)

better days
08-01-2011, 12:40 PM
i live in florida is there any tv show or radio station i can listen to get bills news

I live on the West Coast of Fla myself, not far from where Sal has been living. I download the podcasts of Shredd & Ragan on the EDGE. Bills & Sabres news is usually hour 2-1. The 1st part of the 2nd hr of the show. This board is a great place to catch Bills news.

SabreEleven
08-01-2011, 12:47 PM

http://wgr550.com/index.php

tampabay25690
08-01-2011, 12:51 PM
I live on the West Coast of Fla myself, not far from where Sal has been living. I download the podcasts of Shredd & Ragan on the EDGE. Bills & Sabres news is usually hour 2-1. The 1st part of the 2nd hr of the show. This board is a great place to catch Bills news.

what area u in????

better days
08-01-2011, 12:51 PM
http://wgr550.com/index.php

Yeah I have downloaded some things from them also. It is too bad they don't have an everyday podcast that could be downloaded from I-Tunes.

Mski
08-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Yeah I have downloaded some things from them also. It is too bad they don't have an everyday podcast that could be downloaded from I-Tunes. they have a free app for the iphone/ipod/android it gives you access to their audio vault, wich is essentially the same as podcasts, and its free

Ebenezer
08-01-2011, 12:55 PM
...must resist urge to follow anybody on twitter...

...must resist urge to jump up and down that Sal is joining WGR...

jimbohastle51
08-01-2011, 01:14 PM
congrats Coach Sal! always good to see someone achieve a goal in pursuit of their dream!

Mr. Miyagi
08-01-2011, 01:15 PM
WHAT?

Is this new development since he announced he's moving back to B-lo?

Has he made it official that his podcasts will cease??

WTF??

Coach Sal
08-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Thank all of you. I'm sorry I haven't been around much to post here. At the moment, twitter is much easier to get any thoughts, news out as I am in the process of my move to Buffalo. I'll be there by Labor Day and begin my duties at WGR Labor Day weekend.

I will be joining WGR as a weekend host this fall. I can't say exactly what times I'll be on right now. I'll be able to let you know more as September rolls around.

But I do want to thank former PD Andy Roth, current Operations Manager Tim Wenger, and current Assistant PD Kevin Carr, as well as Entercom overall for giving me the opportunity to live out a life-long goal and dream. I am living proof that it is never too late to go after and attain yours dreams in life. Most of you know how hard I've had to work to get to this point, and the things I've had to endure from a lot of people. But, as I've always said, those comments and criticisms only made me stronger and more resolute in my drive to get here!

The best part is....this is only the beginning. I plan on working as hard as I can to contribute and fit in on the WGR staff as soon as I begin. There are some great people there I'll be working with and learning from. I look forward to being a part of something special and finding my role to help make it even better.

Thanks. And, oh yeah, you better get the WGR app (http://www.wgr550.com/WGR-App/9112425) so you can listen to me when you aren't around a radio or computer!! :)

psubills62
08-01-2011, 01:26 PM
...must resist urge to follow anybody on twitter...

...must resist urge to jump up and down that Sal is joining WGR...
If you don't want to join/follow people on Twitter, then just put the html address into Google Reader. It will consolidate all the tweets from the people you're "following" onto one page.

Very nice way to avoid having to sign up for twitter, but still follow people.

Coach Sal
08-01-2011, 01:27 PM
As of right now, the podcasts and web show are still a go!

In fact, I have a show tomorrow night!! Brent Axe will be joining me. He's a talk host in Syracuse and part of the Bills Radio Network!

ddaryl
08-01-2011, 02:05 PM
congratulations Sal... Finally a voice of Bills reason on WGR

YardRat
08-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Please don't try to 'fit in' at WGR. Seriously.

Novacane
08-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Please don't try to 'fit in' at WGR. Seriously.

Amen! I'm sure you're a very interesting guy Sal but I'm not interested in hearing about your favorite movie, sub sandwich, or what you're going to do when you get off the air. :lol:

Coach Sal
08-01-2011, 03:11 PM
I promise you all I will be myself.

:)

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Not a fan.

better days
08-01-2011, 04:03 PM
what area u in????

I live in North Englewood, Sarasota County.

better days
08-01-2011, 04:05 PM
As of right now, the podcasts and web show are still a go!

In fact, I have a show tomorrow night!! Brent Axe will be joining me. He's a talk host in Syracuse and part of the Bills Radio Network!

Great, I hope you find the time to keep doing them.

better days
08-01-2011, 04:07 PM
If you don't want to join/follow people on Twitter, then just put the html address into Google Reader. It will consolidate all the tweets from the people you're "following" onto one page.

Very nice way to avoid having to sign up for twitter, but still follow people.

Thanks for the tip. I have avoided signing up for twitter & was starting to think I am missing out on some things.

BILLSROCK1212
08-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Thank all of you. I'm sorry I haven't been around much to post here. At the moment, twitter is much easier to get any thoughts, news out as I am in the process of my move to Buffalo. I'll be there by Labor Day and begin my duties at WGR Labor Day weekend.

I will be joining WGR as a weekend host this fall. I can't say exactly what times I'll be on right now. I'll be able to let you know more as September rolls around.

But I do want to thank former PD Andy Roth, current Operations Manager Tim Wenger, and current Assistant PD Kevin Carr, as well as Entercom overall for giving me the opportunity to live out a life-long goal and dream. I am living proof that it is never too late to go after and attain yours dreams in life. Most of you know how hard I've had to work to get to this point, and the things I've had to endure from a lot of people. But, as I've always said, those comments and criticisms only made me stronger and more resolute in my drive to get here!

The best part is....this is only the beginning. I plan on working as hard as I can to contribute and fit in on the WGR staff as soon as I begin. There are some great people there I'll be working with and learning from. I look forward to being a part of something special and finding my role to help make it even better.

Thanks. And, oh yeah, you better get the WGR app (http://www.wgr550.com/WGR-App/9112425) so you can listen to me when you aren't around a radio or computer!! :)

Congrats. You deserve it. Hope you stick around Billszone.

Night Train
08-01-2011, 06:14 PM
No one completely agrees 100 % with other people but Sal is a good egg with excellent opinions and a positive outlook towards the Bills improving. Listening to him gets one excited for football and he promotes it in a manner of knowlege and information.

He'll be a most welcome addition to WGR and hopefully he won't start talking about bad movies, where he's getting his oil changed, hair music bands and other nonsense which seems to have inindated the current roster at that station.

mrbojanglezs
08-01-2011, 06:15 PM
download the WGR app for your phone

its terrible use tunein radio app instead, also free

better days
08-01-2011, 06:38 PM
No one completely agrees 100 % with other people but Sal is a good egg with excellent opinions and a positive outlook towards the Bills improving. Listening to him gets one excited for football and he promotes it in a manner of knowlege and information.

He'll be a most welcome addition to WGR and hopefully he won't start talking about bad movies, where he's getting his oil changed, hair music bands and other nonsense which seems to have inindated the current roster at that station.

How boring would this board be if everyone agreed about everything?

PromoTheRobot
08-01-2011, 06:42 PM
I hope they give you Bills pre and post game duties and let Schopp and his lapdog stay at home.

PTR

elltrain22
08-01-2011, 06:53 PM
It's wierd b/c I'll actually be excited to listen to WGR!! So happy for ya Sal!! I hope to be one of your first callers. Great news, and couldn't happen to a nicer guy!!

Coach Sal
08-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Not a fan.

Heck, can't please everyone.

But, hey, thanks for sharing. As long as you did, would you mind telling me what you don't like about my shows (because you have to have listened in order to form that opinion, right?). Honestly, I appreciate positive feedback as well as constructive criticism. I take it all very seriously and always use it to try and improve.

So, could you tell me, please? Thanks.

mrbojanglezs
08-01-2011, 08:39 PM
i listen to WGR pretty much every day Sal, looking forward to actually listening to someone who knows football other than Joe B and Paul Hamilton. Im sure you will get some opportunities to sub in for hosts when they are sick/on vacation. One step at a time! Looking forward to hearing you on the radio

Extremebillsfan247
08-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Not a fan. you dont have to be a fan to follow. I follow Sal maiorana, I'm not a fan, but once in awhile he will drop info that is useful to me. You have to think of twitter in a context. Salsports once in awhile will drop gems in your lap when it comes to Bills info. Take a look at who I follow on twitter, hang out, and you will see why I follow them. I'm not your typical Twitter guy. I only follow those who drop the best in Bills info. Sal is definitely among them. Trust me when I say he is well connected within the organization. I've actually done the research. JMO

djjimkelly
08-01-2011, 09:01 PM
sal your hardcore bro keep up the good work

its nice to have a likable guy on wgr finally again

the last guy i liked there was brad i forget his last name

tell schoop hes a moron and ill iq test test challenge him anytime to prove some listeners are alot smarter then he is

Coach Sal
08-01-2011, 09:01 PM
you dont have to be a fan to follow. I follow Sal maiorana, I'm not a fan, but once in awhile he will drop info that is useful to me. You have to think of twitter in a context. Salsports once in awhile will drop gems in your lap when it comes to Bills info. Take a look at who I follow on twitter, hang out, and you will see why I follow them. I'm not your typical Twitter guy. I only follow those who drop the best in Bills info. Sal is definitely among them. Trust me when I say he is well connected within the organization. I've actually done the research. JMO

I don't believe he's talking about my twitter.

I could be wrong, but I think he means me particularly.

That's why I asked the question above.

hydro
08-01-2011, 09:11 PM
sal your hardcore bro keep up the good work

its nice to have a likable guy on wgr finally again

the last guy i liked there was brad i forget his last name

tell schoop hes a moron and ill iq test test challenge him anytime to prove some listeners are alot smarter then he is

Brad Riter. I liked Nick Mendola too. Shame that WECK didn't make it, I tried to listen to it but it doesn't come in very well around the southtowns.

DraftBoy
08-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Way to go Sal! Ill have to add the WGR app now to my phone to tune in!

To answer the question originally posed, I follow Sal on Twitter and Im honored to say he follows me back.

DraftBoy
08-01-2011, 09:26 PM
you dont have to be a fan to follow. I follow Sal maiorana, I'm not a fan, but once in awhile he will drop info that is useful to me. You have to think of twitter in a context. Salsports once in awhile will drop gems in your lap when it comes to Bills info. Take a look at who I follow on twitter, hang out, and you will see why I follow them. I'm not your typical Twitter guy. I only follow those who drop the best in Bills info. Sal is definitely among them. Trust me when I say he is well connected within the organization. I've actually done the research. JMO

I didnt make his cut. :sadwalk:

delectrolux
08-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I wish they'd rework that WGR app. Bad user interface, hard to navigate and it loses the connection all the time. And once it does you have to force quit the app to get it back playing. Time for an update WGR.

But whatever. Congrats to Sal and now there will be someone on that sports talk radio station that will talk sports...

Demon
08-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Congrats Sal! Good luck and best wishes on your new job. I hope they somehow find room for you on their pre-game show. Say what ya want about WGR, they do a excellent job on Sunday mornings and adding Sal to that crew would only help them.