Meathead
08-01-2011, 06:41 PM
this early in his first camp maybin looked unstoppable

jes sayin

PromoTheRobot
08-01-2011, 06:42 PM

jes sayin

BS...Maybin couldn't stop a mosquito from day one.

PTR

elltrain22
08-01-2011, 06:55 PM
3 big if's but imagine if....

- Shawne Merriman can, at least, closely resemble "lights out"
- Nick Barnett stays healthy for a 16-game season.
- Marcell Dareus is everything as advertised

we might have a nice little defense again...

Demon
08-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Yeah, we've been sucking all this time because we jinx our players.....

ServoBillieves
08-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Shawne Merriman = James Harrison. Please send your hatred to PO Box 52...

HAMMER
08-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Op to arrive and douche on this thread in 3-2-1.......

Extremebillsfan247
08-01-2011, 08:27 PM
3 big if's but imagine if....

- Shawne Merriman can, at least, closely resemble "lights out"
- Nick Barnett stays healthy for a 16-game season.
- Marcell Dareus is everything as advertised

we might have a nice little defense again...3 big ifs, but you saw what Clay Mathews brought to the Packers last year right? An old school Merriman was better than that. With all 3 of those we are talking instant top 10 defense. Don't forget, we already had a very good secondary. Most of those pieces are still in place. It would all rest on the shoulders of Fitzpatrick and how far he has come along that will be the difference between 6-10 and 10-6. JMO

baalworship
08-01-2011, 08:58 PM
If Merriman is healthy he will dominate. He is a real NFL linebacker.

Joe Fo Sho
08-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Dude, you spelled donut wrong.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Say lights out is back and dareus is just as good as suh and barnett is healthy. WOW then add sheppard, 2nd yr improvment from troup, carrington, moats, and batten and all of a sudden you are talking big time d, literally top 10 ability. can wait till kc opener. cassell is going to get his ass kicked.

djjimkelly
08-01-2011, 11:33 PM
lets just hope his deca worked well this year

i have no doubt merrimen is juiced up again and will be good

NOT THE DUDE...
08-01-2011, 11:36 PM
lets just hope his deca worked well this year

i have no doubt merrimen is juiced up again and will be good

i think this is overstated.

he was caught in the summer of 2006, gone first 4 games. he then had 17 sacks. the next year with a partially torn ligament he had 12 sacks. those 2 years of production were after the roids. then out 08 with the knee. 09 was not ready yet but still had 4 sacks and a nasty bull rush. and then last year he had back luck with the ankle. i think he will be lights out again. he just needed to get healthy...:rockout:plus he did mma training for 3 months and changed his body... hes going to be comeback player of the year and help us go 10-6

BertSquirtgum
08-01-2011, 11:40 PM
HGH is one hell of a drug

jcdavey
08-02-2011, 12:35 AM
i think this is overstated.

he was caught in the summer of 2006, gone first 4 games. he then had 17 sacks. the next year with a partially torn ligament he had 12 sacks. those 2 years of production were after the roids. then out 08 with the knee. 09 was not ready yet but still had 4 sacks and a nasty bull rush. and then last year he had back luck with the ankle. i think he will be lights out again. he just needed to get healthy...:rockout:plus he did mma training for 3 months and changed his body... hes going to be comeback player of the year and help us go 10-6
if you want the real history of merriman, i am the expert

merriman was caught august 2nd 2006 , from a tainted supplement

he passed 19 out of 20 drug tests before AND directly after that positive test, even roger goodell stuck up for him by releasing those stats.

igor olshansky at the time, said even he had to throw some supplements away because he called up the nfl's 1-800 number and a previously ok ingredient, was now deemed banned.

back then, and i'm not sure if it's still this way, the nfl had a 1-800 number set up for players, to check what they were ingesting, against a list of currently banned substances, and the way igor puts it, it was a really crappy system.

so anyway, merriman tested positive august 2nd, and at the beginning of the season , while he was protesting the test with the nfl (which allowed him to play and practice , during his protest) the news got leaked that he tested positive, which was a clear infringement upon his rights of due process with the nfl in his case.

he was labeled guilty because of the tainted supplement excuse, but even with subsequent negative tests he continued to play out of his mind during 2006, even dropping his fight against the suspension and missing a whole 4 games around oct/nov.

the year after merriman was still good, still a beast but he played the titans late in the season and a dirty sob named kevin mawae, and some TE double teamed him and literally broke him

he was never the same since......

that's the true story , i feel bad for the guy

the thing i always did dislike about merriman though, post-injury, was all his twitter gum flapping

but i , to this day, don't believe he knowingly juiced in 2006....

goodell backs me up on that

oh and you're welcome for the history lesson, he wasn't "gone the first four games" lol

do research

TrEd FTW
08-02-2011, 01:31 AM
Jinxes don't exist.

OpIv37
08-02-2011, 02:06 AM
Op to arrive and douche on this thread in 3-2-1.......
Yeah, I get it... You guys hate it when I use reality to ruin your fantasy threads.

Don't worry- soon enough, the games will start. And as usual, I'll be right, and by October, 90+% of the board will sound like me.

DMBcrew36
08-02-2011, 05:48 AM
Yeah, I get it... You guys hate it when I use reality to ruin your fantasy threads.

Don't worry- soon enough, the games will start. And as usual, I'll be right, and by October, 90+% of the board will sound like me.

Yep. Different year, same Buffalo Bills franchise.

Novacane
08-02-2011, 08:46 AM

jes sayin

Not

HAMMER
08-02-2011, 09:44 AM

First of all no one could be as negative as you, although Lecter is getting there. Either his cat shat in his mouth or his boyfriend left him. But the real question is, why do you think you need to police every thread and be the purveyor of doom? Just let sleeping dogs lie and enjoy themselves.

justasportsfan
08-02-2011, 09:55 AM
First of all no one could be as negative as you. Although Lecter is getting there, I think his boyfriend must have left him. But the real question is why do you think you need to police every thread and be the purveyor of doom? Just let sleeping dogs lie and enjoy themselves. Thanks.

Misery loves company.