PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite and least favorite N.F.L announcer or commentator?

BillsFanInMass
06-25-2003, 08:14 AM
I would say least favorite Dennis Miller but the rest of the world already agreed with me and he got the boot.

So i will have to go with Joe Theisman he never shuts the hell up.

For my favorite i would have to go with Pat Summeral i think he retired though.

LtBillsFan66
06-25-2003, 08:15 AM
I pretty much hate them all except Phil Simms.

JefftheBillsfan
06-25-2003, 08:21 AM
Randy Kross America, lol, need I say more. Ya I like Simms.

ryven
06-25-2003, 08:32 AM
Least favorite commintator will have to be madden tha may have been a coach but they he describes things makes me think he is a complete idoit that likes to her himself talk

NC-BILLS44
06-25-2003, 08:41 AM
I'm not a fan of Madden or Miller. Madden's act is real old.

I do like Mike Patrick. He does the play by play for the ESPN Sunday Night games.

BillsNYC
06-25-2003, 08:58 AM
Bob Costas is our generation's version of Howard Cosell

LtBillsFan66
06-25-2003, 09:02 AM
Bob Costas is a pansy.

BillsNYC
06-25-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone
Bob Costas is a pansy.

yeah...but he's EVERYWHERE and hes only what? 40?

Bulldog
06-25-2003, 09:13 AM
I simply can't listen to Dan Dierdorf ever again. Talk about a complete idiot. This guy contradicts himself at least three times every sentence.

I too like Mike Patrick and think that ESPN's sunday night crew is the best in the business.

Thailog80
06-25-2003, 09:14 AM
Dan Dierdork,Brent Jones,Randy Cross are the absolute worst most annoying over critical a$$' going. Honorable mention to Madden,Theisman, and anything Brent Mustberger says.

I like Al Michaels, Ian Gold, Verne Lundquist,Steve Tasker and Simms and Gumble are ok.

R. Rich
06-25-2003, 09:16 AM
RANDY CROSS SUCKS!!!!!!!!

BRENT JONES SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

I'm also no big fan of Tasker as a commentator. He was a great player, but he's not that good behind the mic.

I do like Mike Patrick (I don't like Theisman at all, but having McGuire there to bust on him makes it okay). I also like Simms and Gumbel (they work okay together). The rest of them are boring.

LtBillsFan66
06-25-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by BillsNYC

yeah...but he's EVERYWHERE and hes only what? 40?

True. But come on! It's a game they are playing. He goes way too far out of the way to make every little comment sound like a literary masterpiece. He should have soft music playing in the background when he talks.

LtBillsFan66
06-25-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by R. Rich
RANDY CROSS SUCKS!!!!!!!!

BRENT JONES SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

I agree.

TedMock
06-25-2003, 09:26 AM
I hate Dierdorf, Thiesman and Randy Cross. Dierdorf does contradict himself quite a bit, Thiesman talks about himself, how good he was and how bad everybody else is and Cross, for some reason, hates Buffalo. I watch the games via direct tv at a friends place so I've seen him do a few games. I don't know if he's the local telecast also or not but he has NOTHING good to say about the Bills ever. It's annoying.

Voltron
06-25-2003, 10:06 AM
I used to like Madden but it seems to me he has just kind of lost it in his old age. As far as Monday night goes I think Al Michaels does a great job and always has. He just gets surrounded by idiots. I also agree that the ESPN crew is the best in the buisness.

I know no one asked this but I LOVE the FOX pregame! Terry, Howie, James and Jimmy are awsome :up:

Mr. Miyagi
06-25-2003, 10:12 AM
For me, it's Randy Kross and Boomer Esiason.

A couple of biased rednecks.

Stewie
06-25-2003, 10:30 AM
Worst: Joe Theismann by FAR

Best: Al Michaels

cordog
06-25-2003, 10:57 AM
Madden sux!!! I swear him and Troy Aikman are lovers. Back in the day when dallas was on a roll, Madden used to be all over Troy's nuts

Tatonka
06-25-2003, 11:07 AM
favorite - the espn sunday night crew..

worst - madden, period.. hate him.. he sucks.

ublinkwescore
06-25-2003, 11:12 AM
I can't stand Jerry Glanville - the moron would pick us to win quite frequently, and we'd lose - I swear it was all his fault too.

ublinkwescore
06-25-2003, 11:16 AM
As for my favorites, I have to say I have no complaints with the Fox pregame team - I remember one time, Jimmy Kimmel was talking about a Raiders and Steelers game, and he was all there like "You know Terry, if I were you - a former Steeler, after seeing the Raiders come into three rivers, and disrespect us like that (I don't remember what happened, but it was like 2 or 3 years ago), I'd spit on the first raider I saw - even if he's a former raider now" (hinting at trying to get Bradshaw to spit on Howie Long).

then Terry Bradshaw was all there like "Of course all the viewers at home know that I'm not about to listen to Jimmy - he's got problems his mom didn't raise him right - I think he was neglected".

mypoorfriendme
06-25-2003, 11:52 AM
itd be hard for me to watch a bills game if they were showing it on fox. i HATE those guys and how that station presents its games. espn sunday night footbal would have to be my favoite to watch, those camera angles are awesome

LtBillsFan66
06-25-2003, 11:55 AM
A lot of you are bring up people other than game commentators and announcers. I like a lot of those guys. Bradshaw, ESPN Sunday night (Jawarski, Shlerish - I'm sure I butchered the spelling on those), etc.

Valerie
06-25-2003, 12:48 PM
I freaking HATE Joe Theisman! I can't even bare to watch a game where he's a commentator. Every thing about him annoys me. The way he looks, the way he talks, his facial expressions. Damn, I hate him.

My favorite commentators are Phil Simms and Troy Aikman. :) And no, I don't find either one of them attractive. lol I just like them. :)

ryven
06-25-2003, 12:58 PM
I dont want to watch monday night football sometimes because of madden.

fabolouspaul
06-25-2003, 12:59 PM
I live Kevin Harlan the best. This guy gets pumped up on big plays!!

Worst is Madden by far!

The_Philster
06-25-2003, 03:08 PM
Best-Steve tasker...Yeah, it's a homer pick but I like how he's imoproved over the years. I also think Simms is pretty good.
Worst-Madden..he talks as if he's talking to newbies in watching football..as if it's the first game we've ever seen. I think he gets paid by the word...sort of a TV version of Wys. ;)

Thailog80
06-25-2003, 03:46 PM
With the addition of Lisa Guerrero as the replacement for Milflisa...err Melissa Stark. Now if they could get rid of that rent-a-center, ace hardware,tinactin whoring senile blabbermouthed jerk MNF would be ok.

chubluv
06-25-2003, 10:57 PM
I hate Theisman, dierdorf, sims, gumbel
ok are McGuire, pitts, crique, Michaels

R. Rich
06-26-2003, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Vetteman84
With the addition of Lisa Guerrero as the replacement for Milflisa...err Melissa Stark. Now if they could get rid of that rent-a-center, ace hardware,tinactin whoring senile blabbermouthed jerk MNF would be ok.

I agree on Madden. He really puts the MF in MNF.

Historian
06-26-2003, 06:15 AM
I could never stand Bob Trumpy...especially after the Jim Kelly "ego" remark before the 1993 AFC Championship Game.

ryjam282
06-26-2003, 12:31 PM
I hate Bonnie Bernstein. She is just bad luck. I swear every game I see with her on it and the Bills playing. The Bills lose, I hate her and that big ass nose.

Ryan

R. Rich
06-26-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Billsology
I could never stand Bob Trumpy...especially after the Jim Kelly "ego" remark before the 1993 AFC Championship Game.

Yeah, Trumpy got on my nerves plenty when he was on NBC. What I would do to counteract him was to think of a game during his career when the Bengals (he was their TE) played the Steelers and (Pittsburgh safety) Donnie Shell blasted Trumpy with one of the meanest hits I've seen from anyone! It was classic.

WG
06-26-2003, 07:12 PM
Head and shoulders above the rest is Howard David on MNF radio. I don't think he's doing it anymore now. Not sure as of recent events. Either way, he brings the game to life on the radio as no other in recent history.

Billz_fan
06-26-2003, 08:23 PM
I really don't like anyone these days :down:

My favorite was Don Criquie, he used to be teamed with Bob Trumphy who I hated but Criquie was great :up:

The Natrix
06-26-2003, 08:56 PM
I like Simms and the duo that did the Bills-Lions game last year.

Typ0
06-26-2003, 09:26 PM
Dierdorf. I hate the way all he does is say how much the players suck. He should be driven out of the industry.