PDA

View Full Version : Improve the DL...

psubills62
08-02-2011, 10:08 AM
...and maybe the OL will slightly improve, as well.

For a while now, our OL and DL have sucked. During TC, we'd hear about how the lines would be back and forth, the OL would have the upper hand for a bit, then the DL. But they both sucked, so practicing against each other didn't help when it came to playing against a good OL or DL.

Maybe, just maybe, an improved DL will make our OL slightly better. Obviously there's a limit based on the talent/lack thereof of our OL. And the best way to upgrade our OL will always be to bring talented guys here. But it would be nice if being embarrassed by guys like Dareus, Troup, Carrington, Williams, Edwards would help our current OL step up their game a little.

I'm excited to see how our run D will improve (I believe it will), and hopefully along the way our offense might pick things up and perform better too.

EDS
08-02-2011, 10:32 AM
...and maybe the OL will slightly improve, as well.

For a while now, our OL and DL have sucked. During TC, we'd hear about how the lines would be back and forth, the OL would have the upper hand for a bit, then the DL. But they both sucked, so practicing against each other didn't help when it came to playing against a good OL or DL.

Maybe, just maybe, an improved DL will make our OL slightly better. Obviously there's a limit based on the talent/lack thereof of our OL. And the best way to upgrade our OL will always be to bring talented guys here. But it would be nice if being embarrassed by guys like Dareus, Troup, Carrington, Williams, Edwards would help our current OL step up their game a little.

I'm excited to see how our run D will improve (I believe it will), and hopefully along the way our offense might pick things up and perform better too.

Limited practice time and full contact practices at that limits the potential impact.

Night Train
08-02-2011, 10:35 AM
[quote=psubills62
I'm excited to see how our run D will improve .[/quote]

This