PDA

View Full Version : Bryant McKinnie Cut

methos4ever
08-02-2011, 02:45 PM
http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/18815/Vikings-cut-OT-Bryant-McKinnie/Default.aspx

What say you?

ghz in pittsburgh
08-02-2011, 02:47 PM
I'm not sure I want someone with work ethic issues

BuffaloBlitz83
08-02-2011, 02:50 PM
McKinnie is a very good player whom never gets a chance to play in Baltimore. He could start on Buffalo's DL

better days
08-02-2011, 02:53 PM
McKinnie is a very good player whom never gets a chance to play in Baltimore. He could start on Buffalo's DL

McKinnie is an OT not DL, was drafted by & played for the Vikings, not the Ravens.

Sportsuser101
08-02-2011, 02:53 PM

Huh?

Sportsuser101
08-02-2011, 02:54 PM
McKinnie was drafted by & played for the Vikings, not the Ravens.

And he didn't play defense lol

BuffaloBlitz83
08-02-2011, 02:54 PM
McKinnie was drafted by & played for the Vikings, not the Ravens.

Oooops I mixed him up. I thought it was Brandon McKinnie!

tampabay25690
08-02-2011, 02:58 PM
NO lazy player

psubills62
08-02-2011, 03:01 PM
No thanks.

My word, the Vikings are imploding.

jamze132
08-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Would be a solid pickup.

Extremebillsfan247
08-02-2011, 03:09 PM
http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/18815/Vikings-cut-OT-Bryant-McKinnie/Default.aspx

What say you? He's injured. He will probably have trouble passing a physical. They released him because he had a non football related injury and they didn't want to pay him.

OpIv37
08-02-2011, 03:16 PM
is it just me, or is this the 5th or 6th off-season in a row where his name has come up?

CAbills
08-02-2011, 03:16 PM
and he reported to camp "extremely out of shape"

CAbills
08-02-2011, 03:19 PM
is it just me, or is this the 5th or 6th off-season in a row where his name has come up?

Because of the Mike Williams / McKinnie connection

Jaybird
08-02-2011, 03:44 PM
The guy was one of the best young LT in the game. He got lazy and lost it. With proper motivation ( a good coach) he can become a stud once again

PromoTheRobot
08-02-2011, 03:46 PM
and he reported to camp "extremely out of shape"

Perfect! Offer him $80M/10yr deal and get'r dun! He was a #1 pick, I've heard of him, what more do you need?

X-Era
08-02-2011, 03:58 PM
One thing a lot of folks don't remember about Bryant McKinnie:

The night before the draft he went on "That Dams Sports Show Period" and when asked what team he wanted to go to said anywhere but Buffalo.

Not sure Ralph is coherent enough to remember, but it would not be surprising to me at all if someone remembers that and skips him just for that reason.

The guy can play when healthy and in ready-to-play shape.

ddaryl
08-02-2011, 04:06 PM
he is not an upgrade over the unknowns on our team. he is just a name that you heard of.

Nix won't be bringing in the Gaither's or the McKinnie's He'll find guys that show up and play with some heart...

X-Era
08-02-2011, 05:39 PM
he is not an upgrade over the unknowns on our team. he is just a name that you heard of.

Nix won't be bringing in the Gaither's or the McKinnie's He'll find guys that show up and play with some heart...We will regret not making a move at RG or RT in FA if we leave this the way it is. I'm a Hairston fan and I hope he earns the job before day one... I'm real worried about Pears.

methos4ever
08-02-2011, 05:52 PM
We will regret not making a move at RG or RT in FA if we leave this the way it is. I'm a Hairston fan and I hope he earns the job before day one... I'm real worried about Pears.
But just spending money to say they made a move at RG/RT makes no sense if there isn't anyone worth the coin. They tried on Clabo and Colon, but after that the pickings were very slim to start.

X-Era
08-02-2011, 05:54 PM
But just spending money to say they made a move at RG/RT makes no sense if there isn't anyone worth the coin. They tried on Clabo and Colon, but after that the pickings were very slim to start.Max Starks or Nick Kaczur aren't better than Eric Pears? Max Jean-Giles or Chester Pitts aren't better than Craig Urbik?

Don't just keep what you have because they are there. If you can get an upgrade, get it. Especially went it won't be huge money.

methos4ever
08-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Max Starks or Nick Kaczur aren't better than Eric Pears? Max Jean-Giles or Chester Pitts aren't better than Craig Urbik?

Don't just keep what you have because they are there. If you can get an upgrade, get it. Especially went it won't be huge money.
Max Starks had a severe neck injury and lost 40-50 pounds as a result of it and has now ballooned and has gotten out of shape.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=111030

The Steelers might bring back one of the tackles they cut, but it won’t be Max Starks.

It appears the team has little interest in re-signing Starks, who had been their starting left tackle, because he is overweight and out of shape. It is more likely they will re-sign right tackle Flozell Adams if he doesn’t sign with another team.

Nick Kaczur might, but like most ex-Patriots, may only be a shell of what he was post back injury.

Pitts was injured most of the year and had microfracture surgery on his knee. Max Jean-Gilles has conditioning issues and cannot stay under weight. So no, in my opinion those guys would not be adequate replacements, heck even competition for the people under contract.

X-Era
08-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Max Starks had a severe neck injury and lost 40-50 pounds as a result of it and has now ballooned and has gotten.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=111030

Nick Kaczur might, but like most ex-Patriots, may only be a shell of what he was post back injury.

Pitts was injured most of the year and had microfracture surgery on his knee. Max Jean-Gilles has conditioning issues and cannot stay under weight. So no, in my opinion those guys would not be adequate replacements, heck even competition for the people under contract.If any of those guys is healthy they should play before Pears or Urbik at this point. But yes, they need to be in ready to play shape.

Kenny
08-02-2011, 06:17 PM
didnt want to play in Buffalo when he came out of college, and now that he's made some money, is out of shape and lazy... who thinks he wants to play in Buffalo now?